Quantcast

» «
Photo

Just encountered somebody friendly! :D

72 replies to this topic
Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

Why am I telling you this? Why am I taking up precious forum space that could be better used to dispute the psyche of a male gamer who has a female avatar? Because, it's so Goddamn rare that I encounter someone friendly in this game, that it's actually something to write home about.

I mean, I even had a bounty of 9k, and this guy just did not give a single f*ck. Hell, even when after I offered him my bounty, he ended up giving me half of it! I didn't even ask! I actually came across him in Paleto Bay, (where I was hiding out because bounty) crushing Chevy Chase and the remainder of his family with a dozer, lol. I have no idea why he was doing this, or why he was out here all alone in Paleto Bay, but yeah, he was...

qndecRi.jpg

• Balikye and Upggrade like this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

I always give back bounty money that I claim, after the bounties asks me to kill them.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Id be more nice, but its quite difficult to be a rabbit in a safari. :/

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

I should have killed you when i had the chance.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

He sounds like a hermit, if he was hanging out in Paleto Bay all by himself, lol.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

I never understood how to give money? I have tried, and it takes me to the screen to do the percentages... but then what?

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

I've leveled 2 characters to 100 now and I'm yet to kill a single person randomly and for no reason. (spare a handful when I was driving a friend around, or mistaken identity, or something out of my control) If I had run into you in this situation, I'd have merrily watched your bulldozer calamities because that is some prime entertainment.

I actually just met some level 30-odd dude and fully modified a couple cars for him because he was broke and Noob. Us nice people are out there, but to find us, you need to be nice yourself... and nobody is, which brooklyn718 pointed out. So its like a vicious cycle, if you will.

And I find it funny, I see a muriad of people on this forum saying the same thing, "I never kill randoms, never take the first shot, ect ect" but I declare bullsh*t on that, hardly anyone on this game ever leaves me to my own devices.

• malcolmfunktion, Mr. Piff 724 and MrHollick like this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

I noticed that the friendly sessions have more people talking. It will be quiet, the usual "shoot first, then run" SNAFU. Then one person will say "hi" and things seem to change. 

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Us nice players are indeed out there. We're just harder to find behind the bullets and tank fire all over the f'n place. Of ALL the people I've killed in freeroam, none of them were just because I wanted to. I rarely start fights, but I'll damn sure finish them. 

• malcolmfunktion likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

I've met a few over the last few days - most send friend requests after/during the session, so it's clear that friendlies in free roam are indeed, a rare breed.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

I've met a few over the last few days - most send friend requests after/during the session, so it's clear that friendlies in free roam are indeed, a rare breed.

I think the war is over...

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm friendly...just saying...although I am guilty of paranoid killing...and killing the wrong blip on a revenge chase...but I usually apologies, explain my actions and offer a modded car for their troubles...

friendly until getting griefed that is, then its drop everything and call everyone while I warm up the RPG

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

better love story than twilight

• Edwin, Omnifarious, biggsull and 3 others like this

Mika_R
  • Mika_R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

If i could visit LS Customs to repair my car without being shot i would so happy. Usually try to txt them asking if friendly or just head to another LSC directly. The lesson here is, get bulletproof tires, so you don't have much need for LSC.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 12 December 2013 - 08:10 AM.

and killing the wrong blip on a revenge chase

That's why we should have colored blips. I've been doing the same mistake several times :(

• stonedpimpso likes this

jXX4wK8
  • jXX4wK8

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

I never understood how to give money? I have tried, and it takes me to the screen to do the percentages... but then what?

Scroll up and down the list to choose people, and use left right to assign the % each person in the lobby will be given. Any unassigned % is what you keep. Then go to Accept at the bottom and press the confirm button.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

That's why we should have colored blips. I've been doing the same mistake several times :(

Yeah this could be a handy feature, rather than pausing it too see where they are.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Why am I telling you this? Why am I taking up precious forum space that could be better used to dispute the psyche of a male gamer who has a female avatar? Because, it's so Goddamn rare that I encounter someone friendly in this game, that it's actually something to write home about.

I mean, I even had a bounty of 9k, and this guy just did not give a single f*ck. Hell, even when after I offered him my bounty, he ended up giving me half of it! I didn't even ask! I actually came across him in Paleto Bay, (where I was hiding out because bounty) crushing Chevy Chase and the remainder of his family with a dozer, lol. I have no idea why he was doing this, or why he was out here all alone in Paleto Bay, but yeah, he was...

qndecRi.jpg

Recently on this forum I have stumbled across several images showing a group of men masturbating onto another mans face simultaneously, and until I read your post, that was the gayest thing I had ever seen.

• Slacca and Omnifarious like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hahaha i know, It reminds me of some lonely kid playing with toys in a sandpit.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hahaha i know, It reminds me of some lonely kid playing with toys in a sandpit.

Haha that reminds me of me.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:30 AM Edited by wolfp212, 12 December 2013 - 08:31 AM.

I run into friendly people all the time.  But the attitude of most players puts you on the defensive every time you see a player move near you on the map.  Most recent one was when I was doing a gang attack, and I have the gang to one side, have good cover and am picking them off one at a time.  I see a blip moving towards me and my first thought is 'crap, now I'll be taking heat on both fronts', so I move my position so that I can shoot at both the gang, and the player, but even after a I send a few shots in his direction he only shoots at the gang.  After we were done, he walked over, gave me a salute and was on his way.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

just go into inventory and you can select any player's marker to blip on the radar for a limited time. helps when you're chasing a bounty.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

this reminds me of one of my early experiences on red dead redemption's hardcore free roam. me and some other noobs i was playing with ran into this high level player (legend 5) who was casually riding alone through the hills on his zebra donkey. we ran for cover and pulled out our cattleman revolvers (which are equivalent to cap guns in that game). he came by us, paused and asked if we wanted to see a goat. he then guided us up the hill and took us to an abandoned outpost where there were goats and other farm animals. then he rode off and we never saw him again. very surreal, but cool. later on i discovered that this guy was recognized as being one of the deadliest players in the game (on PS3), lol. 

in terms of GTAO, fastest way to defuse a potentially hostile situation that i've found is to honk your custom horn at a player as you drive by. i'd say 85% of the time they put their guns away and respond in turn.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

just go into inventory and you can select any player's marker to blip on the radar for a limited time. helps when you're chasing a bounty.

Yep I know, and doesn't take much time to do that. 

But it would still have been easier with the colored blips so you would instantly know who it was; "Ah, it was a light blue blip who killed me". And it would also spice things up a little with some colors :D

• z0etr0pe likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

But it would still have been easier with the colored blips so you would instantly know who it was; "Ah, it was a light blue blip who killed me". And it would also spice things up a little with some colors :D

I'll always miss hearing

"EVERYONE, LIGHT BLUE IS A fa**ot, HE BLEW UP MY INFERNUS!"

• singemfrc, Omnifarious and BuyMeTheMoon like this

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by z0etr0pe, 12 December 2013 - 08:48 AM.

"No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink. Be thankful you're not Mr. Yellow."

sorry. "reservoir dogs" quote. ;)
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I usually just place a 1k bounty on the person, so they stick out as a giant red blob lol.

• singemfrc likes this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 12 December 2013 - 06:21 PM.

I'm always friendly, its just everyone I am friendly towards starts shooting at me or runs away and gets an entity and drives backwards at me spraying a AP pistol until I RPG them and then they send me a message over xbox live saying I ruin the game while they leave the session.

(That actually happens a lot nowadays..ppl who abuse the entity bs leave as soon as they find out someone has an RPG)

• Omnifarious likes this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have met a French user who was friendly. I had an invite to his apartment. I usually ignore them but thought balls I'll go. He was in the garage and in a car so I got in. He drive to where the tank is delivered and he let me have it!!

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by gevans81, 12 December 2013 - 06:26 PM.

I tried to be friendly on more than one occasion and got bullets in the face for my thanks.

Came across one guy ($7000 bounty) being chased by a few other players, I was in a helicopter and he was near the Mackenzie airfield so I decided to land and offer him a way out, as soon as I landed he sticky bombed me and blew us both up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users