As if this game wasn't sh*tty enough...

65 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

there is a lot of stuff in GTAO which isnt in Story. And noone knows why. The Inventory alone is a huge thing. The quick GPS and so on...

Gameplay-wise, GTAV was a dissapointment... simple as that. And GTAO lacks of proper activities and mssions. Gets boring really quick

Jasaan
  • Jasaan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Well instead of complaining, try searching up a solution?

oh that's an excellent response. Way to answer my question. Thank you for the help. Is there a f*ckin solution or you just talking out of your ass?

lol yoo im sorry but i had to laugh at this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Here's a solution.. since you obviously think the game is sh*ty even without this little problem.. STOP PLAYING IT.

Sell, throw away or just put in one the shelf and don't play it any more. Stop visiting this forum dedicated to the game and find another game to enjoy more  or go outside, live your life, it's full of opportunities. Why waste your time with something sh*tty when there's thousands of alternatives?

• Broom__Handles likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Here's a solution.. since you obviously think the game is sh*ty even without this little problem.. STOP PLAYING IT.

Sell, throw away or just put in one the shelf and don't play it any more. Stop visiting this forum dedicated to the game and find another game to enjoy more  or go outside, live your life, it's full of opportunities. Why waste your time with something sh*tty when there's thousands of alternatives?

awesome post... lets ignore all the flaws and dont give feedback or a single f*ck... pathetic

thats why gaming industry is going downhill... people accept every sh*t they get served up

• Official General and Peregrin Brandytook like this

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Here's what you gotta do

1. Get car

2. mod it to your hearts desire

3. stick it in a garage

4 save game

5.take out said car

6. f*ck around/blow up/get impounded

7. Load last save game file

8. see step 5

i have never lost a car i wanted to keep with this method as i am only using the f*ck around cars for, well f*cking around and i do not save my f*ck arounds, so when i reload, my f*ck around cars are right back where they started.

• saintsrow likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sounds like the save often with no auto save would work. Thanks, non-assholes. On a totally unrelated topic, I'd like to see Trevor hook up with Mary-Ann and have angry hairy beach sex

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Kid: WHAT THE HECK! THIS GAME IS SO STUPID! I HATE IT!

Dad: Then stop playing it?

Kid: But it's my favorite game!

Dad: WTF?!

• Lil ski likes this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

The question here we need to ask is why is he still playing SP and not ONLINE.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

there is a lot of stuff in GTAO which isnt in Story. And noone knows why. The Inventory alone is a huge thing. The quick GPS and so on...

Gameplay-wise, GTAV was a dissapointment... simple as that. And GTAO lacks of proper activities and mssions. Gets boring really quick

And there is a lot of stuff in Story which isnt in GTAO.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Because it's his choice as it is your choice to play online.

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Because some of us enjoy SP a lot more than online, idiot.
  • kvic and Peregrin Brandytook like this

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

This forum is full of assholes...  :panic:

Blazzin001
  • Blazzin001

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I think u guys are being a lil harsh on OOM 313..... He's just a lil upset .. We shouldn't look onto banning him ... instead we should offer help to our fellow GTA forum members in the most polite way possible =)

That doesn't seem to be the way these guys /children work on these forums . A lot seem to think they walk on water .

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by Sweettooth187, 12 December 2013 - 04:22 PM.

I'll play the neutral role on this. I only play stocks with Michael because it seems uncharacteristic of the other two and raced my ass off as Franklin to get the $250,000 Vacca. Also keep in mind I'm not done with the game because I'm not rushing. Anyway so I get into the car and without thinking, switch characters, THEN QUICKSAVE. Reloaded the game, Vacca gone. My fault? Yes. Am I still frustrated? Very!

Simply makes you wonder why they didn't program the game to recognize cars you own in the same way it recognizes your personal vehicle. Send it back to the garage if I lose it or at least impound it.
On the other hand, I had a custom car catch fire but not explode, engine dead. Had the clever idea of switching back and forth to Franklin so he could drive out in a tow truck, switch back, car disappears immediately - *me crying inside*. Hours after accepting the loss I'm mapping a waypoint and see the car icon at the impound. They towed it there for me! Much success!

Long story short, you shouldn't reem the OP for being mad at a well paid programmer's shortsightedness but the OP should have also accepted that this great game is also an imperfect game, and to take precaution and protect your investments, otherwise you risk serious time waste and frustration.
  • GamerShotgun and namor like this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by jptawok, 12 December 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I do agree.  There's literally no point to using modded cars in SP, since they are still liable to disappear, missions never offer you the opportunity to truly flex your pimped ride, and they're made of glass.  Oh well.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well, whatever the point is, I have yet to recover ANY car that has been impounded... I get a message saying it was impounded but if I go to reclaim it, its not there.

Does this feature even work?

I looked it up, mostly people are complaining about the online impound, no one is really mentioning the SP impound. 

Whatever, I don't really drive my customized cars in SP much anyway.

By the way... when people say something does work, but there is a whole work around process to get it to do so, then it is a fail... If in real life you tried to start your car and it the key wouldn't turn, then when you called customer support they told you are an idiot and it was your fault because the glove compartment door was unlocked, the seat was too far back, the sun visor were both up  and the spare tire was loose, who would except that as being common sense...  you turn the key the car should start, there shouldn't be some perfect storm of events to get it to work. 

If a developer announces a feature it should work as stated.

I hate the way people just excuse this s**t in software and anyone who complain is labeled a Dbag for doing so... do you get to half finish your projects at work?

Does the boss tell you to meet one client and you go meet a different one but tell him "yeah, its okay I told the other guy to give him a call and fill him in"... would your boss except that?

If you were the boss would you except that?  If you would, you are a bigger a**hole than you could ever fathom. 

I understand when people complain about minutia, but when features don't work right or as stated, people who harass and insult the people who point it out just help lower the bar for everything else.

Keep writing excuses for people and you help crapify everything.

Broom__Handles
  • Broom__Handles

www.facebook.com/GTAVbestselfies

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

Because it's more fun to troll and talk sh*t.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'm an idiot and ass for pointing out a major flaw in SP? OK. Please perma ban me, O great fanboys, for pointing out how sh*tty the game is.

Don't worry, you just got some R* fanboy fleas on your nuts. Just flick'em off. This is a common problem for a lot of people. There is, however, no cure. It sucks that we have to be so careful with our modded cars. This is one way to ensure that the fun is killed. Like many decisions that R* made in V, it just makes no sense.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

awesome post... lets ignore all the flaws and dont give feedback or a single f*ck... pathetic

thats why gaming industry is going downhill... people accept every sh*t they get served up

I have to say I agree with you iNero. It's all so easy to say, "Hey, you don't like the game ? Well don't play it and don't discuss it", but people who say that seem too thick to understand the concept of the long-standing and established relationship between customer and the business. If a customer is normally very satisfied and happy with a product by a business and a new product does not meet their standards or expectations, the customer will want to know why this new product did not meet their standards or expectations. It's highly unlikely they are just gonna walk away and look for something else, they are gonna wanna analyze and ask questions about the situation. 

In this case, dedicated and loyal fans of the GTA series. 

And before anyone tells me there is more to life than this, trust me I'm aware of that, I don't take all this stuff so seriously to such extreme levels. 

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I have to say I agree with you iNero. It's all so easy to say, "Hey, you don't like the game ? Well don't play it and don't discuss it", but people who say that seem too thick to understand the concept of the long-standing and established relationship between customer and the business. If a customer is normally very satisfied and happy with a product by a business and a new product does not meet their standards or expectations, the customer will want to know why this new product did not meet their standards or expectations. It's highly unlikely they are just gonna walk away and look for something else, they are gonna wanna analyze and ask questions about the situation. 

In this case, dedicated and loyal fans of the GTA series. 

And before anyone tells me there is more to life than this, trust me I'm aware of that, I don't take all this stuff so seriously to such extreme levels. 

The thing is.. the game is nowhere near as bad as some people claim it to be. It's not perfect either. In my opinion it is a step forward from IV with a lot of room for improvements. You and some others may not agree, but many others will.

Sure, it's OK to complain, but there's a fine line between complaining and hating. OP here said ''As if this game wasn't sh*tty enough''.. meaning he finds the whole game utter trash even without the complaint that is in this thread. If he thought only that is bad about it, or a few other things, but the game was overall satisfying then I'd completely agree. But in this case I believe that if he truly believes the game is as sh*tty as he described it, he should simply stop playing it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by Official General, 12 December 2013 - 09:17 PM.

The thing is.. the game is nowhere near as bad as some people claim it to be. It's not perfect either. In my opinion it is a step forward from IV with a lot of room for improvements. You and some others may not agree, but many others will.

@ Dope_0110

It's not about the game being bad, that's not really the point. Everyone knows that GTA V is really not a bad game, even the ones that say it is, know it is not. The main reason why you may hear people say that V is 'bad' or 'sh*t', is because for many it fell significantly below standards and expectations, even though it's still a very good game, and this is something that frustrates and angers them enough to be so harsh in criticizing. 

And irrefutable facts and evidence clearly show that GTA V has not fully been a step forward from GTA IV. In fact, it takes steps backwards from IV, and this is what many of V's critics find shocking and unnacceptable.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Kid: WHAT THE HECK! THIS GAME IS SO STUPID! I HATE IT!

Dad: Then stop playing it?

Kid: But it's my favorite game!

Dad: WTF?!

I have the exact same experience.  GTA games are my favorite and basically only games I play, and GTAV is my favorite of this generation.  But in a couple of GTAV races and get-aways with the crazy fkng cops, where I was getting rammed and jammed up and pretty frustrated, I was cussing continuously.  My girlfriend heard me and thought I was having a total meltdown.  I said, "nope, no problem, I'm just playing GTA."  She said, "if it makes you this mad, maybe you should stop playing it."  I replied, "I can't do that; it's my favorite game!" 

This is no different than politics.  There are no good choices, just the relative least of all evils.  You have 2 or 3 candidates to choose from in the next election.  They are all sh*t, of course -- one's a lying crackhead, one is a raving Tea Party nutjob, and the third is buying $1,000 per hour hookers and tweeting his junk to random women.  Somebody asks, "who's your favorite candidate?"  You say, none of them, they all suck.  They say, "but you're gonna vote, right?  You gotta vote for one of them."  You admit, "yeah, I'm voting for the hooker guy.  He will do the least damage." 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

And irrefutable facts and evidence clearly show that GTA V has not fully been a step forward from GTA IV. In fact, it takes steps backwards from IV, and this is what many of V's critics find shocking and unnacceptable.

In future, please try to work towards presenting your opinion as opinion, and not trying to pass it off as "irrefutable" fact.  Thanks.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

In future, please try to work towards presenting your opinion as opinion, and not trying to pass it off as "irrefutable" fact.  Thanks.

I had some facts, but they got refuted.  I had some evidence, but the dog ate it.  :colgate:

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

If you park the vehicle in the characters respective garage then it shouldn't disappear. The only exception is if the vechicle gets destroyed then you're screwed as there is no insurance in story mode.  I managed to loose a couple of fully moded bikes I was using for stunt jumps after it met with a firey end.  No biggie, Franklin's minted so I bought another one.  As long as you don't overwrite the game file that has all the vechicles and mods there shouldn't be any problem.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by Official General, 12 December 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Ok mister.

If GTA IV contains :

* Drug-dealing side missions

* Car theft side missions

* Police Database Vigilante side missions

* Calling armed gang members as back-up

* Many interiors of various kinds. 

And GTA V contains :

* Most side missions and activities are stuff like yoga, tennis and triathlon.

* No drug dealing missions

* No car theft side missions

* No vigilante side missions

* No armed back-up

* Much less interiors

These are facts to me bro. I don't know what you call them, but these are facts. You cannot change that. These are steps backwards not forwards. Try getting around that. 

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Khaos89, 12 December 2013 - 10:05 PM.

What's the goddamn point of modifying cars in single player if you cannot keep them? Why can you not put insurance or a tracker on them like in online mode? Because everytime I die I lose my personal car that I customize it is not in the police impound like it should be. Wtf im tired of wasting my time and money

Calling this game sh*tty...so edgy.

It had a lot of bugs but in no way is it sh*tty.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

On a totally unrelated topic, I'd like to see Trevor hook up with Mary-Ann and have angry hairy beach sex

Been calling Mary-Ann...her phone is always busy!  Figured you could take her out, then bang the sh*t out of her after.  Poor Trevor!

DrDetroit

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 12 December 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Ok mister.

If GTA IV contains :

* Drug-dealing side missions

* Car theft side missions

* Police Database Vigilante side missions

* Calling armed gang members as back-up

* Many interiors of various kinds. 

And GTA V contains :

* Most side missions and activities are stuff like yoga, tennis and triathlon.

* No drug dealing missions

* No car theft side missions

* No vigilante side missions

* No armed back-up

* Much less interiors

These are facts to me bro. I don't know what you call them, but these are facts. You cannot change that. These are steps backwards not forwards. Try getting around that. 

But you see what you did there.. you named some of the things that IV had (including DLC) and then said V doesn't have those.

But you should be aware that the same can be said backwards.

In the end, yes IV had some stuff that V doesn't (of all things the one I really would like is something in the line of Brucie's races but only harder) and V had some stuff that IV didn't (planes, customization, bounty missions, much more side missions and some like Epsilon stuff going deeper, random events where you can help other, or take money for yourself, randomly robbing armored vans or stores..see I could now write these and then write IV didn't have.. and write them again, but it's not how this should work).

• Staten likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

well excuse me for playing single player. I just moved and I won't have internet again for a few weeks, so I thought I'd start a story mode over from the beginning and try different choices.and before you make a smart ass comment about me on this website, I'm using my cell phone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users