Camping or Sniping?

8 replies to this topic
NotoriousJDP
  • NotoriousJDP

Love many, trust few.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

So I've been playing team deathmatches with a friend, right?  Well in almost every match that we play together he immediately runs away from the main area and finds a high-up spot to snipe from.

For example, in Getaway he runs up the mountain and snipes people all match unless they figure out where he is.  Another example is on Concrete.  He runs across the street from the chicken place and hides on the roof  and snipes.  

My question is this?  Do you consider this camping or sniping?  It seems that when in a lobby the people who are getting shot claim my buddy is camping and the people winning the matches think it's smart sniping.

I'm torn because while he is just hiding in one spot it's not like he's hiding in a corner in the middle of the map all game.  IRL snipers are campers.  

So I've came here to poll you guys and see what everyone thinks,  Please keep it civil.

Hondaslayer
  • Hondaslayer

Thug

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

That's sniping.

Camping is sitting in a corner of a room with a shotgun aimed at the door.

• LancerG2 likes this

NotoriousJDP
  • NotoriousJDP

Love many, trust few.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Anyone wanna argue the other side of this debate before I make my final judgement?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Sniping

l The Spider l
  • l The Spider l

Ninja

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

That's sniping. There are ways to avoid a sniper, just stay away from his line of sight and he will get no kills. Unless he's willing to switch up spots which is something a lot snipers aren't willing to do.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

That's sniping. There are ways to avoid a sniper, just stay away from his line of sight and he will get no kills. Unless he's willing to switch up spots which is something a lot snipers aren't willing to do.

Not to mention using smoke grenades to blind his view you can escape or proceed, if GTA V even has smoke grenades, I don't remember.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

No smoke bombs just tear gas.

Just keep moving it's hard to line up a shot when you keep moving unless he's a good leader that's why you zi-zag if there's a sniper

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

How you look at it depends if you are on the losing team or not. Let's be honest here.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Snipers are, by loose definition, campers. They pick a line of sight or area and shoot anyone that comes into said area. Is it annoying? Yes, however it's not camping in the online/Call of Duty/Battlefield sense. A camper by that definition is some turd who hides in an alley with only one entry point and aims his Shotgun/RPG at whoever comes rushing through (yes, I've seen people do this) Real douchebags will often C4 said entryway and then detonate whenever someone gets near. This....is a camper. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users