Photo

Watch out. Guns use the same ammo.

19 replies to this topic
HeavenlyP
  • HeavenlyP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

The Pistols use the same ammo. All the Rifles use up the same ammo.The SMG's use the same ammo. The MG's use the same ammo. That doesn't make any sense. Play survivaal and you will notice exactly what I'm talking about. Use up the Micro SMG and the ammo for the SMG and Assault SMG go bye'bye. Once your assault rifle ammo is empty, so does the Carbine and Assualt Rifle become empty without you even using those two weapons. The number that represents the ammo are even similar, if not, the same. isn't that a rip-off. Rockstar really thought that they could just sneak that in there without someone finding out. Again, I think I get the idea that the same type of weapon would use the same ammo, but still. It's pathetic. It doesn't make any sense. All those fancy atachments for nothing.

I get the concept but that's like so messed up. I literally don't even bother buying ammo from Ammu-Nation anymore cause I see that there will be no difference filling up every type of weapon. I just get ammo from Survival or Team-Deathmatch off the ground. You use up the MG and the Combat MG becomes empty. How then can I get the expensive extended ammo for both MGs if they use up the same ammo? I'm rank 91 and can get the Heavy Sniper (which costs 35.000), but I don't even see if it's worth it. The Sniper will take it's ammo from it. Believe me this.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Damn that sucks. Still playing the game though, store robberies will have to suffice and supplement my ammo hunger.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

i have known that for awhile . one pistol's ammo is the same as the other pistols . 

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah this isn't anything new we've known this for a while now.

luisniko
  • luisniko

PS4 Semi-Pro

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

I've known it since Single Player..

But not all. Advance MG and Combat MG doesn't use normal MGs' ammo

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yes... and buying them fills up ALL weapons equally. Meaning you pay for and carry up to 9xxx rounds of ammo to use for whichever gun. I don't see the problem.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Is this a joke topic? Please tell me it's a joke topic.

• MelloGreenJello likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yes... and buying them fills up ALL weapons equally. Meaning you pay for and carry up to 9xxx rounds of ammo to use for whichever gun. I don't see the problem.

me neither , it beats the hell out of having to refill  each gun one at a time .  btw dont people normally just use one gun from each class anyway?

anada
  • anada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Peasant problems

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

And people in Africa are starving

doggy-86_
  • doggy-86_

Car Collector

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by doggy-86_, 12 December 2013 - 06:06 AM.

It's like this in real life... Geez, do you waste all of your ammo by spray and praying or what. With the ammo count I have now for my guns (max), that ammo would last me for all my guns weeks in real life while playing the game. Guns share ammo in real life as well and it should in game. 

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Extended mags means exactly what their called. Not more ammo to the pot, more ammo to the magazine. Which means more shots fired before reloading. Which means more chips in that chrome adders paint job.

Worth getting it in my opinion.

PatG
  • PatG

Omelette du fromage

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hasn't this thing been in GTA ever since GTA 4?? Or even any other GTA game before that? It's definitely nothing out of the ordinary or anything to even complain about...or even make a thread about. Besides, at level 91, you'll only need a select few guns. Each from a different category. So unless your accuracy is -100, you won't really need different ammo for different guns.

SurfaceNoise
  • SurfaceNoise

改性

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thank you for posting something we already know years back.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

PSG is right I only use one gun from each class anways I only use the AR, Granade Launcher & MG the real of the guns only get used when I mix it up.

Titania
  • Titania

Winky face! ;)

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

The Pistols use the same ammo. All the Rifles use up the same ammo.The SMG's use the same ammo. The MG's use the same ammo. That doesn't make any sense. Play survivaal and you will notice exactly what I'm talking about. Use up the Micro SMG and the ammo for the SMG and Assault SMG go bye'bye. Once your assault rifle ammo is empty, so does the Carbine and Assualt Rifle become empty without you even using those two weapons. The number that represents the ammo are even similar, if not, the same. isn't that a rip-off. Rockstar really thought that they could just sneak that in there without someone finding out. Again, I think I get the idea that the same type of weapon would use the same ammo, but still. It's pathetic. It doesn't make any sense. All those fancy atachments for nothing.

I get the concept but that's like so messed up. I literally don't even bother buying ammo from Ammu-Nation anymore cause I see that there will be no difference filling up every type of weapon. I just get ammo from Survival or Team-Deathmatch off the ground. You use up the MG and the Combat MG becomes empty. How then can I get the expensive extended ammo for both MGs if they use up the same ammo? I'm rank 91 and can get the Heavy Sniper (which costs 35.000), but I don't even see if it's worth it. The Sniper will take it's ammo from it. Believe me this.

So you're rank 91, and you have to worry about your ammo? Lol. 

I'm rank 61 and I never had to worry about ammo ever since rank 40. All my guns have over 5000 ammo, with my main guns having "FULL"  every single time. 

It's expensive, but worth it in the end if you don't have to worry about watching your ammo !

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

i dont worry about ammo in any of my guns until it goes below 1000 rounds then i eventually start refilling

polrest11
  • polrest11

The Player

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Well in real life some weapons use the same ammo. If anything, some weapons have cheaper ammo so find which one and buy that instead of expensive rounds, like the sns ammo is cheaper than ammo on other pistols.

BrowserSnake
  • BrowserSnake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

This has been around in all 3D gta games. The only difference now is that you are able to carry more than one weapon of each class, whereas as before you could only carry one pistol, one smg, one assault rifle, etc. It's a "feature" brought over from Read Dead but it really serves no effective purpose, it's just more guns we have to cycle through. However getting ammo in the online has never been a problem for me. I have not bought any ammo since I was bellow level 10, besides the occasional explosives and a clip of ammo to permanently own a gun I picked up. Easiest was to get ammo: Sandy Shores survival. Just camp in the garage across from the trash bin, and you will kill hunters of guys coming through that small alley way. Then just run through their bodies and you get loadsa free ammo.

HeavenlyP
  • HeavenlyP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

This has been around in all 3D gta games. The only difference now is that you are able to carry more than one weapon of each class, whereas as before you could only carry one pistol, one smg, one assault rifle, etc. It's a "feature" brought over from Read Dead but it really serves no effective purpose, it's just more guns we have to cycle through. However getting ammo in the online has never been a problem for me. I have not bought any ammo since I was bellow level 10, besides the occasional explosives and a clip of ammo to permanently own a gun I picked up. Easiest was to get ammo: Sandy Shores survival. Just camp in the garage across from the trash bin, and you will kill hunters of guys coming through that small alley way. Then just run through their bodies and you get loadsa free ammo.

I figured it was because it was always like that. Yeah I know you couldn't carry all weapons I played all 3 3D ones(III, Vice CIty, San Andreas). I Also have IV. Oh well I might as well deal with it. I always get ammo from Survival, but they seemed to change it up a bit. Like I would literally get full Sticky Bomb and Grenade ammo but yesterday it didn't work. I had 9 Grenades and couldn't pick up anymore. You always couldn't pick up Grenade-Launcher ammo, I know that as well. Survival becomes too tedious and time-consuming for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users