Quantcast

» «
Photo

Curious: Could forum be used to organize free money lobbies?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic
Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

With the Hotfix to the BF Dune Buggy it got me thinking that since this forum has such an awesome community, for the most part, would it be ok to explore the idea of organizing free money lobbies for those forum members who would be interested in such things?  Many forum members such as myself have been "gifted" more money than we'll ever need and want to share it with players who will appreciate such kind heartedness. 

Most importantly, I think there should be some firm ground rules to begin in respect to privacy and keeping a tight circle on those interested in such things.  Free Money Lobbies are where those with hacked consoles or who were given a lot of cash are able to gift significant or massive amounts of money to other players.  Some players might be interested in getting a few hundred thousand in cash, some might want to get a few million.  I also believe there should be a reasonable "limit" to how much money a player should receive if this forum can be utilized this way.

Next, privacy.  Those who have read this forum for awhile know that there are a lot of snitches, forum trolls and just plain unhappy people who dump their negativity at any opportunity.  It's really a shame that so many gamers attempt to project their playstyle upon others and that if they don't adhere to their purist standards that those that they attack are doing "wrong".  So if there are any such comments like that in this thread, please have the discipline to ignore these people.

Fact is, the modded consoles are inevitably going to be fixed server side.  In respect to the BF Dune Buggy Hot Fix of 12/11/13, why not strike while the iron is hot and organize a couple of PS3 and XBOX lobbies to really help out those in need?

So just to float the initial idea, is anybody with modded consoles or been gifted money like myself and want to share it with others interested in this idea? Sure there is some risk which is why I would recommend NOT mentioning anything about PSN or XBOX Live account names, that information can always be finalized once a good core group of forum members can be established and there hopefully will be no kind of blowback to anybodys accounts.

Again this is just an exploratory thread, any actual lobbies that would be created would all be organized via PM and then covertly via in-game chat ideally.  So if you're interested and your forum name is not your account name, chime in and state if you'd be willing to share or recieve and if you can share much could you share and if you're in need, how much do you think you'd like to be gifted?

I'll start and express that I have a couple of hundred million I know I'll never need.

And if this is a totally unacceptable idea, please anybody with the ability simply lock the thread and I most certainly will never make another thread of this nature. 

• colter13, lRushdown, kado303 and 2 others like this

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

What hotfix on the BF dune buggy, did I miss something?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

tl;dr

Kry5s
  • Kry5s

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

I read it, and i would love some free money, Santa.

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yeah Cockstar hotfixed the BF Dune Buggy exploit.  The Dune Buggy now costs a whopping $65,000 instead of $20,000.  Still sells for $39,000.

The original thread has been edited and a request to be locked made.

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Basically every other forum for GTA is doing this now, don't see why this one should be different.  And I, like everyone else, could use a few hundred million lol

lockstockn1ak
  • lockstockn1ak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

I second this motion

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yeah Cockstar hotfixed the BF Dune Buggy exploit.  The Dune Buggy now costs a whopping $65,000 instead of $20,000.  Still sells for $39,000.

The original thread has been edited and a request to be locked made.

Lol, that's just a ridiculous price for that car that you can't normally mod. My modded one is awesome though. It's comparable to the Bifta now and I just love to drive it. I just don't even pay attention to my gps anymore, I got in a straight line to my target, over mountains, over anything.

EightSe7en
  • EightSe7en

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

I would love to be in on this. Ive worked pretty hard at this game and at least twice, rockstar has taken my money (loss of character) or possessions (karin rebel clean and ratloader) from me. Help me out!

fulgeri
  • fulgeri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

great idea, i'd like some free $ =)

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

me too!

colter13
  • colter13

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

I would definitely be interested in this if people are actually willing to give some cash. I would just be interested in purchasing some of the more expensive items like the tank and buzzard and also being able to upgrade a few vehicles.

• fulgeri likes this

XxJaymezxX
  • XxJaymezxX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Def sounds like a good idea. I'd be all for it, spread the wealth/love!

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Me as well.

Prototype.Prodigy
  • Prototype.Prodigy

Know What I Mean?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm in. Please help me as well. Thanks.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

free money lobbies would be nice, but R* would come down on you and ban you just for helping other people

I could do with some cash, down to 200k

Solo_TeV
  • Solo_TeV

Pusha Man

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

908875-begging-for-money.jpg

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'm definitely in, nice to see some co-ordination going on here.

CyberScorpion0
  • CyberScorpion0

The Batman

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'd love some free cash.

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by who-dat, 11 December 2013 - 10:40 PM.

I claimed two 2bil bounties on xbox, shared a bil w/my crew leader since he didn't get to kill anyone w/the huge bounty on their heads (game allows sharing of $ post mission/bounty claim).

I'd toss people a few million if I could....

Edit*

free money lobbies would be nice, but R* would come down on you and ban you just for helping other people
I could do with some cash, down to 200k

R* has not banned any player. Bad sport or cheater pool at WORST.

And why would R* punish me for sharing $ I obtained by claiming a couple of bounties? I did nothing the game doesn't already allow.....I didn't set the 2bil bounties, but I sure a sh*t claimed them!

TickleBot
  • TickleBot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I was gifted a large sum of money. I used to sup. up mod cars for randoms. Not anymore. I upgraded a non premium car for a guy. He was really thankful at the time.. What bothered me was; a few days later I joined a lobby he was in and first thing he said to me was "I want this car with all the upgrades!" No "hi, or how's it going?" All this while I was being attacked and he didn't help me out.

I said it bothered me he asked/demanded somethig & disn't help me out when I was being attacked.

He didn't seem to care.

I told him I was gonna upgrade the car for him. I took the car to lsc and put a ignotion bomb on the car.

Told him to get in and enjoy. He hopped in and kablooey!

I shot him a few more times, unfriended him and told him to be more thankful next time.

I also was having a bad day.. This made it a little better.
  • MagicNarcosis, pokemon4ever, TECHN9CiAN and 8 others like this

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

f*ck that guy tickle, he got what he deserved!

kado303
  • kado303

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by kado303, 11 December 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Gifted! Any amount is a good amount 

TickleBot
  • TickleBot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

f*ck that guy tickle, he got what he deserved!

Thanks who-dat! I felt like a dick but when I think about it. It was well deserved.

You need/want a non-premium car fully upgraded? I promise not to put a bomb on it!

Pm me for my psn

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

With the fumes of a tomb, I consume all the light in the day.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

This would be a good idea... Thing about gtaforums tho is that u cant organize or unionize anything without the facist mods interfering *cough gunwrath cough*

virmonk
  • virmonk

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well put post op. I would love the opertunity to hit the gta lotto. My worry would be for those that try to help as they put themselfs at risk in a public forum.

danman101
  • danman101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by danman101, 11 December 2013 - 10:58 PM.

I would be interested in this idea, (receiving money, I'm broke) if possible.

But I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that there is no way to gift large sums of money to other players accounts without modding the console. Are you asking for the ability to share the cash, or for permission to organize these money sharing events? (or both?)

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

please share with me!

im always modding cars so my money is diminishing fast!!!

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Basically every other forum for GTA is doing this now, don't see why this one should be different.  And I, like everyone else, could use a few hundred million lol

I haven't really seen any other active gta forums out there.  Could you name a few?

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

I haven't really seen any other active gta forums out there.  Could you name a few?

Reddit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users