Photo

New York City: Immediately surrender your rifle and/or shotgun

132 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by whatsstrength, 11 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

New York City authorities have been sending out notices to residents who own guns that now violate new ammunition capability laws, demanding they relinquish their weapons — and even though the notifications may just be standard police procedure, the text is a shocker.

At issue: Weapons that hold more than five rounds of ammo, The Blaze reported.

One such notice to a city resident, dated Nov. 18 and posted on The Blaze, reads: “Immediately surrender your rifle and/or shotgun to your local police precinct, and notify this office of the invoice number. The firearm may be sold or permanently removed from the City of New York thereafter. Permanently remove your rifle and/or shotgun from New York City.”

http://www.washingto...der-your-rifle/

Apparently this started about 2 weeks ago, but I only just found out about this on facebook today. I'm no gun person, in fact they scare me a bit, but I still think this the wrong way to go about things. It goes against the second amendment. Scary stuff.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Endless gun control debate incoming... *get to the choppaah!

• Moonshield, Killerdude8, Lucchese and 2 others like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Nothing really surprising there. The same thing will happen state-wide for firearms holding more than 7 rounds, sadly, due to the SAFE Act in April of next year. Luckily my Shotgun is a 5+1.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not getting into the gun thing, but I did want to point out something of a flaw in your logic.

If you want to wave the second amendment around, I'm not sure you can if you are arguing about the capacity of ammo a gun can have since back when the second amendment was drafted all guns only fired one hand packed shot at a time.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by theadmiral, 11 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Nothing new. My local jurisdiction banned handguns for quite a long while and imposed draconian penalties if you had one, and this was in the USA. That got overturned eventually though. You still cannot carry one, either open or concealed.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

427739d1360183574-behold-pale-horse-will

Any limits on guns are unconstitutional btw, even taxes. Any barrier in the way of getting a gun.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by Vlynor, 11 December 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Not getting into the gun thing, but I did want to point out something of a flaw in your logic.

If you want to wave the second amendment around, I'm not sure you can if you are arguing about the capacity of ammo a gun can have since back when the second amendment was drafted all guns only fired one hand packed shot at a time.

You could also argue that the Founding Fathers intended the second amendment to be a deterrent to tyranny, however unrealistic many believe that to be now. While firearms may scale in power and speed, they probably saw it more as a tit-for-tat scenario, i.e. the citizens should be allowed to have firearms similar to those of the government.

I'm not saying that's the right interpretation, but you could argue for that just like you could argue and say that they never predicted these types of firearms.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by trip, 11 December 2013 - 08:46 PM.

427739d1360183574-behold-pale-horse-will

Any limits on guns are unconstitutional btw, even taxes. Any barrier in the way of getting a gun.

How about adding how you feel and not just laming out of the discussion by posting a pic?

Anyway...Cooper is a known fraud.

from here

Milton William Cooper, known as William or Bill Cooper was an author and radio host who discussed the Illuminati, the New World Order, and UFOs. He claimed that he had a Top Secret, Q security clearance, Sensitive Compartmentalized Information with access authorized on a strict need-to-know basis.(#142) While supposedly working for Naval Intelligence, he claimed to have seen classified documents regarding the JFK assassination, UFOs, and the New World Order. Cooper was shot and killed on November 5, 2001 by a sheriff who was serving an arrest warrant at his Arizona home after Cooper allegedly tried to resist arrest and shot an officer in the head. He was 58 years old. Police and neighbors say Cooper had threatened a man with a gun for trespassing on his property, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The circumstances surrounding his death remain the topic of debate and will be discussed at the end of this section. Many of Cooper’s fans believe he was assassinated to stop him from continuing to discuss the information he claimed to have learned while in the Navy. 

William Cooper is best known for this 1991 book Behold a Pale Horse, which discusses various aspects of the New World Order and contains his many claims to have seen classified government documents while in the Navy. The title is from the Bible’s Book of Revelation chapter 6 verse 8, “And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.” 

• biggsull likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yeah it's probably the Marxist Illuminati entering stage 2 of their plans to install a world government. I mean it's not like there are other more important issues to be worrying about, like the state of healthcare, the vanishing public pensions, the lack of any social welfare, the government and corporate corruption and the devastation of the environment.

• S5L3T0 and theadmiral like this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

How about adding how you feel and not just laming out of the discussion by posting a pic?

Gun debate makes me puke, the point is he called the school shootings and what they were for, what was behind them in 1991. As you stated, he had top secret clearance, he also predicted 911 a few months before it happened on his radio show.. and was killed by the police from the town beside his, for "tax evasion"

You cant even buy a gun if youve been diagnosed with depression, someone on this very forum talked about how he had to hand his gun over when he was.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

What kind of stupid argument is that? Constitution is not the word of god. It's a piece of paper. Do you realize that the US didn't abolish slavery until 13th amendment? That's one entire constitution and 12 amendments and slavery was still legal. How many amendments and laws do you think it takes to put limits on weapons?

• Otter likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

You cant even buy a gun if youve been diagnosed with depression, someone on this very forum talked about how he had to hand his gun over when he was.

I'm not sure if that is true. I am related to someone who is on the books and actively treated for mental illness. He has guns and a permit to carry. Laws do change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, however I don't live in one of those gun friendly jurisdictions - I live in a city(Philadelphia) with pretty strict gun laws.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 08:58 PM.

I'm not sure if that is true. I am related to someone who is on the books and actively treated for mental illness. He has guns and a permit to carry. Laws do change from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, however I don't live in one of those gun friendly jurisdictions - I live in a city(Philadelphia) with pretty strict gun laws.

At least in some states, such as Cali (the state everyone else follows). Anxiety is another reason to be denied/disarmed... how many people in the US are at some point in their life either A depressed or B anxious.

All of them.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Constitution is not the word of god. It's a piece of paper. Do you realize that the US didn't abolish slavery until 13th amendment? That's one entire constitution and 12 amendments and slavery was still legal. How many amendments and laws do you think it takes to put limits on weapons?

See, this is why gun debate makes me puke, views like this.

"The constitution is a piece of paper"

So I guess we should rob you of free speech and everything else guaranteed under it, based on slavery being what built the country and was kinda important at the time, morally accepted across the board.

You dont have guns for hunting, you dont have guns for personal protection.. the reason you have guns is so that when the government passes a law like the NDAA effectively allowing anyone to be jailed for life, for nothing, no evidence, no trial... you can go out and stop it.

The reason they want your guns is so that when they start throwing you in camps you cant fight back. The fathers were kinda clear about it being the most important part and suggesting everything else means dick all if you dont have your guns.

The constitution is just a piece of paper, the founding fathers even stated so.. they made it pretty clear, unless youre willing to use your guns to defend your freedom, you have not nor do you deserve freedom.

If you wont fight, you arent free and dont deserve it, from the fathers themselves. If you give your guns up, you arent a real American and you are betraying your country.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm so happy to be English. It's just such a great feeling.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Fun fact, more people die each year (In the US) from medical malpractice than gun violence. The numbers are actually about 8-20x as many.

More children die from home accidents (In the US) like TV's falling on them and sharp edges each year than people by gun violence.

Where is the lobby to ban doctors and make TV strapping mandatory? There isnt one because people dying isnt what matters, disarming the population is what the goal is.

Now I shal take my leave before I throw up in my mouth again.

Oh, another point, I guess we should ban Judaism and Christianity because they both encouraged the use of slaves.

Exodus 21:2-7

Leviticus 25:44-46

They also have stayed firm on the whole "Gays shal surely be put to death" thing too.. thats still in the new bibles today and hasnt changed over time. Guess all religions principals are evil, amirite guy?

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

At least in some states, such as Cali (the state everyone else follows). Anxiety is another reason to be denied/disarmed... how many people in the US are at some point in their life either A depressed or B anxious.

All of them.

Okay well this is meaningless sh*t. You seem to be misunderstanding. First of all I very much doubt what you're saying is true anyway, but let's humour you for a second. There's a difference between people who 'get depressed and anxious' which is apparently 'everyone' and people who are medically diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression. People with medical disorders like that can be dangerous to themselves and others and giving a person with chronic depression or extreme anxiety probably isn't a good idea. Now you can make some redundant argument all you want about liberty, but societies regularly restrict liberties of people who are mentally ill and it's usually not a nefarious plot by the reptillian overlords to impose a communist government; it's usually so they don't kill themselves or other people.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 09:18 PM.

The problem is mentally ill is an ever expanding umbrella term, it is real, people are disarmed if they are diagnosed with depression, read up on the depression statistics and youl see its like 30%+ who arent able to have a gun based on that one thing alone, when the law spreads, which it will.

Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it, guess who else was for gun control. The Nazis.

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Thats Hitler for ya.

Also, great job ignoring all the other points and being ignorant that I was right, now Ill really take my leave.

the men and women who have laid their lives on the line to defend us and our Constitution are now having their own Constitutional rights denied. There are no clear criteria for the VA to declare a veteran incompetent. It can be the loss of a limb in combat, a head injury, a diagnosis of PTSD, or even a soldier just telling someone at the VA that he or she is depressed over the loss of a buddy in combat.

http://oathkeepers.o...rms-possession/

http://www.theblaze....on-being-used/#

If you havent heard about people being disarmed for having anxiety or depression, Id have to assume you live under a rock although the media sure doesnt make it easy to find out thats the case.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

The problem is mentally ill is an ever expanding umbrella term, it is real, people are disarmed if they are diagnosed with depression, read up on the depression statistics and youl see its like 30%+ who arent able to have a gun based on that one thing alone, when the law spreads, which it will.

Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it, guess who else was for gun control. The Nazis.

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Thats Hitler for ya.

Also, great job ignoring all the other points and being ignorant that I was right, now Ill really take my leave.

I ignored the other points because 1. I'm tired of trudging through all of your badly reasoned and essentially right wing blog copy/pasted arguments and 2. I'm really hungry and want to make a sandwich.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 December 2013 - 09:17 PM.

I'm sure that the people that were hired to run the Government will do everything they can to protect themselves and secondly the 'people'.
One joke goes that the only people that can have guns, and need them, are the Senators.
Because the declaration of independence says, "We the people in order to form a more perfect government...". Which obviously means the signatories were talking about themselves. "The right of the people to keep..." :^: :)

Whatever ... The people with the biggest guns will do the ruling and everyone else (who cares) will do the kneeling. So the sooner the guns are collected the crime lords can get on with their business ( remember other prohibitions).

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM Edited by Raavi, 11 December 2013 - 09:16 PM.

All of them.

The constitution is just a piece of paper, the founding fathers even stated so.. they made it pretty clear, unless youre willing to use your guns to defend your freedom, you have not nor do you deserve freedom.

If you wont fight, you arent free and dont deserve it, from the fathers themselves. If you give your guns up, you arent a real American and you are betraying your country.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

Gun-Nuts1.jpg

• theadmiral and Mr. House like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

All of them.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

Gun-Nuts1.jpg

Where did you get my family portrait ? I did not give you permission to use it.

• Finn 7 five 11, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Raavi like this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Thats Hitler for ya.

I ignored the other points because 1. I'm tired of trudging through all of your badly reasoned and essentially right wing blog copy/pasted arguments and 2. I'm really hungry and want to make a sandwich.

I dont read right wing blogs or any blogs, I form my own opinions and know of the stories in less mainstream news. Convenient excuse for you however.I know stories, I find links after. Im not right wing, Im not left, both sides have bullsh*t ideals.. if you conform to the left or right totally, youre probably an idiot.

Enjoy your fema camp chief, Ill be laughing when everyone is disarmed by several military vehicles with assault rifle carrying soldiers stacked up on your door.

I dont want things to work out, I want you and everyone else whos this ignorant to suffer for it, you dont deserve to be free, as the founding fathers stated.

Bai

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

If the Fema Camp is anything like the Fema base in Deus Ex, i'm looking forward to it. There were tons of snacks, sodas, ammunition, and nanotech body enhancements in there.

• sivispacem, WhatsStrength, biggsull and 1 other like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

If the Fema Camp is anything like the Fema base in Deus Ex, i'm looking forward to it. There were tons of snacks, sodas, ammunition, and nanotech body enhancements in there.

that video also relates to this thread in general.

• theadmiral likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

The "Rights of the People", are determined by the ruling Government Courts, and the Armed Police.
Just as 'Orders of Protection' keep spouses safe, so will any other paper document enforced by Government agents.
The only true balance of Government regimes and the people is the weapons each hold.
Let's look at Syria, Iraq, et cetera. (Wounded Knee 1 & 2, Waco, Ruby Ridge, et cetera.)

The real Government is the Civil Servants, not the Elected and appointed.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

I do love the way that Americans consider the right to bear arms as fundamental to the human condition whilst the rest of the world prefers rights like, y'know, healthcare even if you're unemployed, or business rights, or not spending the rest of your life in prison for possessing recreational drugs, or not having our private details sold to the highest bidder without our permission, or the legally enshrined right not to be discriminated against because of their sexuality or religion.

Land of the free my arse.
  • Captain VXR, Finn 7 five 11, 018361 and 2 others like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by theadmiral, 11 December 2013 - 09:47 PM.

I do love the way that Americans consider the right to bear arms as fundamental to the human condition whilst the rest of the world prefers rights like, y'know, healthcare even if you're unemployed, or business rights, or not spending the rest of your life in prison for possessing recreational drugs, or not having our private details sold to the highest bidder without our permission, or the legally enshrined right not to be discriminated against because of their sexuality or religion.

Hey, don't generalize all of us. We aren't all a bunch of gun toting rednecks who like to carry and conceal a pistol while shopping at Walmart while harboring fantasies of killing anyone who approaches us that we do not like the look of!

Many of us find guns disgusting. It is just that there is a large portion of the country that lies in between the East and West coast. (Unfortunately)

• Finn 7 five 11 and 018361 like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

the reason you have guns is so that when the government passes a law like the NDAA effectively allowing anyone to be jailed for life, for nothing, no evidence, no trial... you can go out and stop it.

The reason they want your guns is so that when they start throwing you in camps you cant fight back. The fathers were kinda clear about it being the most important part and suggesting everything else means dick all if you dont have your guns.

But you're not defending your freedom. You gladly give it away. Have been for over 30 years now. So cut the bullsh*t. You want guns because you're an insane right wing gun nut. You don't have the balls to fight for your freedom. None of you do. That's why the situation in America is the way it is. And it doesn't matter how bad it becomes because the army and the police have a lot more guns than you do, and they have combat training.

If they decide to come and get you, no amount of guns will prevent that. Your only chance is if the army and the police are actually on your side. In which case you won't need guns anyway.

And even if somehow an armed revolution in the US were to happen, it would only make things worse. Armed revolution against a tyrannical government made sense in the 18th century, but it doesn't make any f*ckin' sense now, you idiot.

• 018361 likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by biggsull, 11 December 2013 - 09:56 PM.

the reason you have guns is so that when the government passes a law like the NDAA effectively allowing anyone to be jailed for life, for nothing, no evidence, no trial... you can go out and stop it.

But you're not defending your freedom. You gladly give it away. Have been for over 30 years now. So cut the bullsh*t. You want guns because you're an insane right wing gun nut. You don't have the balls to fight for your freedom. None of you do. That's why the situation in America is the way it is. And it doesn't matter how bad it becomes because the army and the police have a lot more guns than you do, and they have combat training.

If they decide to come and get you, no amount of guns will prevent that. Your only chance is if the army and the police are actually on your side. In which case you won't need guns anyway.

And even if somehow an armed revolution in the US were to happen, it would only make things worse. Armed revolution against a tyrannical government made sense in the 18th century, but it doesn't make any f*ckin' sense now, you idiot.

I dont live in the US, I argue it out of principal. Nice try labeling me, protip, republican in Ireland doesnt mean the same thing as in the US.

The founding fathers were clear on it, you cant argue for gun control without being anti American. Simple as that.

By the time they are coming to get you its already over... and yea, you have failed among everyone else to fight for your freedom.

When you feel the need to bury your guns, thats when you should be using them.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't know about the rest of America, but I can have opinions on more than just one subject. 

Hey, don't generalize all of us. We aren't all a bunch of gun toting rednecks who like to carry and conceal a pistol while shopping at Walmart while harboring fantasies of killing anyone who approaches us that we do not like the look of!

Many of us find guns disgusting. It is just that there is a large portion of the country that lies in between the East and West coast. (Unfortunately)

Not everyone who believes in the right to bear arms is a "gun toting redneck". Quite the contrary. The "gun toting redneck" population just has a louder voice than the rest of us. I find it slightly ignorant to assume that all of us who believe we have an undeniable right to defend ourselves with firearms are rednecks who just want to get-off on shooting someone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users