GTA San Andreas Released for iOS

136 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Seriously? They removed like 5 of my favorite songs.... and 7$!??

Does this first sentence remind you of anything ?

Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

@Shoumic Like i said you get more content on SA than you get on the previous games so i feel its justified , also its only 2 dollars more you are not going to get bankrupt calm down .

Dude how is me questioning the price and mentioning they removed some of my favorite songs considered bitching? It's like anyone else can post here and give their opinions, but even if they still are willing 100% to buy it, I'm bitching?

Didn't know I was not allowed to post my own concerns at all, good to know. 

• Shoumic likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by OrionSR, 13 December 2013 - 07:03 PM.

I'm not getting much of a response from the modding topic, so I'll ask here as well. Can anyone upload a SA Save from iOS? The only information I have so far is that the iOS saves are larger than the PS2/PC saves, so gtasnp probably won't work without some tweaks. Also, has anyone tried sharing a save straight up with another iOS player?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:30 PM Edited by 2281, 13 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

I like how this game isn't worthy enough for a new trailer.

• The4orTy67 likes this

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm not getting much of a response from the modding topic, so I'll ask here as well. Can anyone upload a SA Save from iOS? The only information I have so far is that the iOS saves are larger than the PS2/PC saves, so gtasnp probably won't work without some tweaks. Also, has anyone tried sharing a save straight up with another iOS player?

I have a save where I just made it to San Fierro. I can extract it from ifunbox and upload
  • 03stevensmi likes this

GTAFan20
  • GTAFan20

I Got This.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

No trailer, no screens, no release date and not even a peep from Rockstar -- yet it is the actual game. A pretty bizarre release by Rockstar standards. Hopefully Android and Windows Phone doesn't get kicked down the road, though I'm definitely not holding my breath as I don't want to die just yet.

They did post it. But this time not on the Newswire, lol.

http://socialclub.ro...ailable-for-ios

It's on there and Newswire now, but wasn't when I posted. The game was essentially out for 24 hours before Rockstar announced it was out.

Yeah, I see now. Thanks!

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by buzbegone, 14 December 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Sigh.. still waiting for the Android version anyway

What songs seem to have been taken out? Anyway, you can create a custom playlist... just put them in there :)

I think I'll be adding the best songs from GTA V's soundtrack though. Who cares about some being from the setting's future? :p

This it's kinda sad they removed songs. Like another guy here said, perhaps they don't have the license anymore... but still... some awesome and recognizable songs were cut :(

Damn, f*ck that sh*t. Now I'll need to learn how to change the radio stations and put the PC versions.

With Vice City iOS, you were able to simply replace the outdated audio files with the PC/Xbox/whatever audio is best and you'd have your old songs back. It was a drag and drop procedure but as stated above, they've changed the way the audio is stored.

All the banter, ads and songs are in separate chunks in the same vein as IV's audio files. Adding the deleted songs with the PC audio files could be tricky but replacing them will be easy.

Goddamn, having to wait until christmas just to buy it on Android, I don't even have 1p.

Anyways, is it me.. or is CJ shiny? :p

I noticed that too. Wearing a black tank top in the sun makes it look like CJ has been given a matte finish.

Haven't been able to play on my iPhone 4s as it crashes upon tapping 'Start Game'. Works fine on the iPad, the only real bug I've found is the radio.

There's gaps lasting seconds between songs and ads and stations I like eg. K-DST start out fine, now, even upon restarting, k-dst is solely ads. No songs at all. 

In terms of general edits compared to the original, I've only seen a cutscene which was cut slightly. In 'Running Man', one of the Vagos giving Big Smoke a forearm jerk (a 'f*ck you' sign, Google it) is missing. For memory purposes, Smoke then proceeds to smash him in the head with a bat directly after.

It's simply cut a bit short and more of a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

Does this look better than the mighty Xbox version?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have a save where I just made it to San Fierro. I can extract it from ifunbox and upload

Thanks. Any save will work for now. I need to see if I can even read them. The saves might be encrypted. I probably won't have time to look at it for another 36 hours.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Does this look better than the mighty Xbox version?

Yes in most ways. But the phone has the benefit of the small screen as well.

Separated fingers are in.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Johacamigames, on 13 Dec 2013 - 8:14 PM, said:

TaviColen123, on 13 Dec 2013 - 1:54 PM, said:

Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

TaviColen123, on 13 Dec 2013 - 1:51 PM, said:

Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:Johacamigames, on 12 Dec 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

@Shoumic Like i said you get more content on SA than you get on the previous games so i feel its justified , also its only 2 dollars more you are not going to get bankrupt calm down .

Dude how is me questioning the price and mentioning they removed some of my favorite songs considered bitching? It's like anyone else can post here and give their opinions, but even if they still are willing 100% to buy it, I'm bitching?

Didn't know I was not allowed to post my own concerns at all, good to know. 

It seems like unnecessary bitching because you know you can put the songs back anyway, if you could not then maybe i could see your point . As for the price i already said in a previous post so i am not going to repeat myself .

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

With Vice City iOS, you were able to simply replace the outdated audio files with the PC/Xbox/whatever audio is best and you'd have your old songs back. It was a drag and drop procedure but as stated above, they've changed the way the audio is stored.

All the banter, ads and songs are in separate chunks in the same vein as IV's audio files. Adding the deleted songs with the PC audio files could be tricky but replacing them will be easy.

Actually, they are in the same vein as San Andreas has always been. SA's radio audio has always been cut into separate pieces, though pretty poorly as some songs still have DJ banter in their actual stream -- mainly SFUR iirc. The only thing mobile changed was what song format and what container file.

n terms of general edits compared to the original, I've only seen a cutscene which was cut slightly. In 'Running Man', one of the Vagos giving Big Smoke a forearm jerk (a 'f*ck you' sign, Google it) is missing. For memory purposes, Smoke then proceeds to smash him in the head with a bat directly after.

It's simply cut a bit short and more of a 'blink and you'll miss it' moment.

I wonder if the animation format changed at all from PC. Might be possible to restore the cut scene by restoring the CS, audio files and the right lines of SCM code. I was going to do this to VC to restore the Haitian missions but never quite found the time.

It seems like unnecessary bitching because you know you can put the songs back anyway, if you could not then maybe i could see your point . As for the price i already said in a previous post so i am not going to repeat myself .

The point is you shouldn't have to mod the game just to add back things that should have been there. It's kinda like the majority of the PC games that require fixes from the community. It's great that the community comes together to fix stuff for free, but they really shouldn't have to.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

So tonight, i was played this game for about 4-5 hours. Up to the OG Loc Mission. and i must admit the controller for shooting is super hard!

Lone Rider
  • Lone Rider

Researcher And Coordinator

• Members
  • Lebanon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

So tonight, i was played this game for about 4-5 hours. Up to the OG Loc Mission. and i must admit the controller for shooting is super hard!

Wait until you have to drive a plane  :pp

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Someone can check falling option from bikes? Is it hard to fall like in Vice City or not?

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'm San Andreas on my iPad Air, but is anybody else experiencing a slight lag/framerate dip when turning or just driving in general?

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Not that it could affect a lot of people, but I personally miss the "3D" grass blades.

03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd love that save bro, shame there's not 1 with las ventures! Lets see it uploaded and ill test! :D
  • LiberachiX likes this

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by buzbegone, 15 December 2013 - 02:32 PM.

This game is really starting to frustrate me.

1. While progressing through Los Santos and the Country, there was no K-DST, just back-to-back ads. This bug then carried over to Radio X and Radio LS. Finally fixed itself a little bit after I got into San Fierro but very annoying still.

2. The current iPad I'm borrowing needs to be back with it's owner tomorrow so I thought I'd make use of the 'Cloud' service (A wireless save game tied in with your Social Club account that can be transferred to any other device playing the game). The save game icon has disappeared in all my safehouses and the SF garage. 

3. I can't pass 'Pier 69'. I take out T-Bone Mendez and the red marker stays above him as if he were alive. Nothing happens.

4. The game has crashed since day 1 when I tried playing on my iPhone 4s, resorting me to borrow iPads to get some playtime out of my $7.49.

It amazes me how all this passed quality control. Is there even a quality control division at War Drum?

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by Corvallis5, 15 December 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Yes I'm glad someone else has my the same problem with the mission Pier 69-until this is fixed no one can get passed San Fierro. Also, they seemed to have removed Zero's missions from the game...I wasted 30,000 dollars on his shop. 

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Also, they seemed to have removed Zero's missions from the game...I wasted 30,000 dollars on his shop. 

You probably need to have a phone call from him which activates his missions.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Damn, the game is not compatible with my iPod 4g. Any way to make it work anyway?

03stevensmi
  • 03stevensmi

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by 03stevensmi, 15 December 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Damn, the game is not compatible with my iPod 4g. Any way to make it work anyway?

As Long As Your Running iOS 6 (NOT 7)
And You Reboot Before Playing For The First Time, You Should Be Fine! I'm Playing It On The 4g!

Corvallis5
  • Corvallis5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

Also, they seemed to have removed Zero's missions from the game...I wasted 30,000 dollars on his shop. 

You probably need to have a phone call from him which activates his missions.

Well, I'm not getting that call, any ideas? I definitely have done enough missions (I'm stuck at Pier 69)

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

Horse betting doesn't work

benchmarkone
  • benchmarkone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Horse betting doesn't work

I registered here just to confirm this glitch. I followed the money-making scheme at the Inside Track betting parlor. When I finally won, the bottom of the screen showed me how much I won. However, when I clicked the 'exit' button to leave the horseracing screen, it didn't save my winnings and I lost the full amount of my bet.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is the betting parlor code broken?

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

Numerous other sources say it is broken. What's also broken are the basketballs not spawning once signifigant mission progress is made, but that is a very old glitch from the ps2 days

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

Starting a 2nd save game after '555 We Tip'. I'm now up to where I was on my old save game and a couple of things happened which didn't on my 1st.

I received a call from Woozie and Zero to start their missions. Never got a call from either of them on my first save.

Pier 69 still screws up which is unbelievable for a story-halting bug like that getting through.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by tikhung01, 16 December 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Starting a 2nd save game after '555 We Tip'. I'm now up to where I was on my old save game and a couple of things happened which didn't on my 1st.

I received a call from Woozie and Zero to start their missions. Never got a call from either of them on my first save.

Pier 69 still screws up which is unbelievable for a story-halting bug like that getting through.

You are fast, I only just met Catalina.

LiberachiX
  • LiberachiX

Old School

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'd love that save bro, shame there's not 1 with las ventures! Lets see it uploaded and ill test! :D

Here you go try that one

http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1064309638

themarin121
  • themarin121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by themarin121, 16 December 2013 - 05:47 PM.

You are fast, I only just met Catalina.

I can give you my save i just passed mission Yay Ka-Boom-Boom.

Here it is https://mega.co.nz/#...Y_AMsLGCvPYRPnk

• Tikhung likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users