Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ruiner V.S. Phoenix?!

54 replies to this topic
calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Both cars are nice but I prefer the ruiner since I love the 1992 camaro.

I love the tail lights!

ig57skv.jpg

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

the ruiner 'cause it looks like my 1st car

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Really? Why wouldn't you want KITT from Knight Rider? Plus you can practically put enough army on it to crash into another vehicle and devistate it like in Knight Rider. Plus speed wise. Well their is a glitch when modding a car. Notice how whenever making the engine more powerful and putting a much longer speed transmission on it. Every vehicle according to the game gains no speed increase when I just outran a brand new Ford Taurus Interceptor in the game that has a top speed between 155-175 with ease when they proclaim the car only has a top speed of 105 mph. The car is faster than Franklin's now official NASCAR Stock Car Dodge Charger. Even from stock the Firebird Formula has a top speed of 155 mph while the 73-79 Firebird also had a top speed of about 135-155. But I have a Knight Rider car that's pretty much near indestructable.
Oh and Richard Petty drives either Dodge Chargers, Charger Daytona's, or Challengers. So the Gauntlet would suit you plus it is a Challenger/Camaro.

your full of s***.

and you don't know cars either, only the ones you know.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

All this talk about Ruiners made me want to try it out... Only problem , where is that son' bitch ?! I drove around Davis and Strawberry in a Phoenix for 5 f*cking hours and never saw one.
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:23 PM Edited by Militia, 17 December 2013 - 09:25 PM.

All this talk about Ruiners made me want to try it out... Only problem , where is that son' bitch ?! I drove around Davis and Strawberry in a Phoenix for 5 f*cking hours and never saw one.

Yeah, that's like my game, too.  I can find a Phoenix quite easily, but NEVER a Ruiner, it's just not there, totally deleted from the code of the game it seems.  Soo annoying.  What Patch are you using?  If it's 1.07, you'll never find it, I assure you because the car spawns are f*cked up with 1.07, all you see is Ballers, Vans, Sedans, Washingtons, just boxy looking big cars, in your way all the time when driving, they take up the highway pretty much, too.  Lol, so annoying Patch 1.07.  Even if you replay the Vice Assassination mission, you won't be able to.  But if you haven't done that yet, I suggest you do that before any more searching.  When I replay "The Vice Assassination" mission, I see Ruiners within the first 3-5 seconds of the mission, once in the mission, you're supposed to get inside the car, drive it just for a moment or two, and then blowing yourself up with a grenade/sticky bomb, and then reloading the game and they should be spawning on the road.  But see, it DOES NOT after 1.07, they f*cking patched all the vehicles you can get in missions, I believe.  Luckily I got the Bati 801RR from a mission a few days prior to 1.07, too.  I used the Ruiner just to drive around in when I was "replaying" the mission, and didn't like this, and from my post above, didn't like the Phoenix, either, not even the Rat-Loader or the Sabre Turbo.  I just don't like how you can whip them around "too" easily and when completely stopped or after you hit something and spin out of control, just to get it back on the road it's spinning out of control as well, lol, no other car class does this in the game, though and I can drive nearly all cars pretty good, and drift with all my cars very well.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

1.08 has fixed the spawning glitches/bugs!  I replayed the Vice Assassination, killed myself, and now I finally run into Ruiners.  I f*cking KNEW Patch 1.07 destroyed the game, 1.08 has now redeemed the game the slightest!

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ruiner is pretty good on performance.

But the Phoenix all the way, my first car was a '79 Firebird so it brings up a certain nostalgia for me.

• Militia likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thank f*ck, I guess i'll load the game up soon and try it out.
  • Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Thank f*ck, I guess i'll load the game up soon and try it out.

Yeah, my game is even spawning vehicles that I bearly see anymore, regardless of replaying a mission or not.  I am liking 1.08 a lot, lets hope it stays like this, or even gets BETTER than this.  1.07 made the game literally unbearable to play, absolutely hated seeing Ballers 24/7 no matter where I went on the road in the map.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I like the Ruiner better with performance, Phoenix better in looks. :D

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

I like the Ruiner better with performance, Phoenix better in looks. :D

Yeah, that is how I am, too.  But when I created this topic, I ran into a Sultan which I decided to keep over a muscle car.  Just another Sports car to add to the heaping pile of Sports cars that I already have, in fact, I own every one in the entire game minus three of them (four if you count the 9F twice, as there is the Cabrio and then a hard-top one) and they are the 9F Cabrio, Penumbra, Schwartzer, and Futo.

RevItGaming
  • RevItGaming

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Phoenix but it sucks that you can no longer drive it into your garage. You can take it to LSC and put a tracker on it and insurance though.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Phoenix but it sucks that you can no longer drive it into your garage. You can take it to LSC and put a tracker on it and insurance though.

Sorry, I am Single Player only kind of guy.  I don't play Online, not once yet.  Lol

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hey , Militia, I think I found a solution to your Ruiner problem. Do you know the underpass where police cars spawn? There's a Xero gas station beside it. Going there will trigger a random encounter where you have to chase a thief. The thief should most likely be driving a Ruiner. Worked for me today! I made a K.I.T.T. replica!

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hey , Militia, I think I found a solution to your Ruiner problem. Do you know the underpass where police cars spawn? There's a Xero gas station beside it. Going there will trigger a random encounter where you have to chase a thief. The thief should most likely be driving a Ruiner. Worked for me today! I made a K.I.T.T. replica!

I am able to find them now by replaying the Vice Assassination, I already "got" one but didn't like it so I didn't save my game, same for the Phoenix.  Out of the Phoenix, Ruiner, Sultan, and Futo, I went with the Sultan over the muscle class cars because I own every Sports car in the game except for three, Futo being one of them which I experienced when I was searching for the Ruiner when I made this thread, so I just picked "another" Sports car, lol, and compared to the Futo, I much rather the Sultan for looks and stats and performance.  And of the Phoenix and the Ruiner, I think I would even pick a Phoenix over a Ruiner.  I'd love to have all the cars I want, but I can't haha, so I gotta pick wisely so I don't pass up any future and present oppertunities.

But thanks for letting me know, if and when we somehow get more garage storage, I'll be sure to check this method out!

Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Not true I just went too the docks and picked me up one too see if its any better than the ruiner its not both have the exact same stats when fully modded. And I drove mine right in the garage no problems Just did this like 5 mins ago from when I am posting this

http://socialclub.ro...a8kW1YdIZJj6n6g

RevItGaming
  • RevItGaming

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Not true I just went too the docks and picked me up one too see if its any better than the ruiner its not both have the exact same stats when fully modded. And I drove mine right in the garage no problems Just did this like 5 mins ago from when I am posting this

http://socialclub.ro...a8kW1YdIZJj6n6g

Yeah I just saw another guy drive his right into the garage also. Strange! I will have to find me one now and try again.

PandaLambpaws
  • PandaLambpaws

I'm a cat, I swear.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Futos and Sultans are sissy-boy cars

You can trick out the Phoenix to look like the Smokey and the Bandit car...as if any of the kiddies that play even know what that is

It kinda sucks that the Ruiner is the late 80s-early 90s Trans-Am...the late 90s version is much better, although the Ram-Air hood is in the style of the later version

What dos the late 90s model look like?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

What dos the late 90s model look like?

The top 2 images:

http://www.cargurus....-Pictures-c3316

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

I've decided against ALL Muscle Cars in GTA V except the Dominator.  This is by far the best looking Muscle Car, fastest, and best handling out of any Muscle Car in GTA V.  I only wanted to own ONE Muscle Car and I finally found which one, Dominator for the win lol

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Ruiner has more 'sport car' to it and looks slightly more modern. Nothing bad with that. But I prefer Phoenix . Looks great, great engine sound, and I like the cars handling.

Pavle
  • Pavle

• Zaibatsu
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

The Phoenix is great an we had a great chance to meet it in GTA VC and GTA SA and pimp it now in GTA V but the Ruiner made it's first apperance in GTA IV and I personally loved it and i think it is better than the Phoenix and it looks like a 1986 Camaro Z28

ruineriv.jpg

ht41001986chevroletcamar.jpg

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, I like the Ruiner, but as GTA V goes, I chose a Dominator.

In GTA IV, I DO own a Ruiner already in front of one of my safehouses where you can park and save your cars.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Make the Ruiner look like KITT and you'll be satisfied

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

I love the Phoenix, but the Ruiner is better cuz it can handle really good just like the Camaro IROC-Z it's based on. So much fun on the winding back roads.

And it looks menacing.

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users