Ruiner V.S. Phoenix?!

54 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

As much as I'd love to keep my Rat-Loader, I don't like it as much as the Ruiner or Phoenix and only can keep so many cars in this game, plus the Ruiner and Pheonix are way faster and much better handling than the Rat-Loader.  Not to mention the Rat-Loader has a FIXED spawn location to obtain anytime I want.  Cars that have a FIXED location are lame, I like the challenge of finding ones on the street where it's only luck if you come across it.

So...what do you guys prefer?  The Phoenix or the Ruiner?  I can't decide, both cars look so similar.

Btw, in my game, I NEVER saw the Ruiner to date, but I found a Youtube video on how to get it, it's mad easy ---> http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v5-ts8jR2CE

Again, it's by replaying a mission like I had to do to obtain the Bati 801RR.

I've seen loads of Phoenix's and I might actually rather that than the Ruiner, but I am keeping my options open.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

I don't know for the Ruiner but I think the Pheonix is way more customizable AND it sounds f*cking gorgeous.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

I don't know for the Ruiner but I think the Pheonix is way more customizable AND it sounds f*cking gorgeous.

The Ruiner has a tad better top speed, it's equal to the Phoenix in acceleration, braking on the Ruiner is a fraction better, as well.  As for traction, it's also a tad better on the Ruiner.  Overall, the Ruiner seems more rare, at least in my game, and it's overall slightly better than the Phoenix.  But still, I am gonna think about it.  Cuz for LOOKS, I think the Phoenix might be the better of the two, especially after customization.

Wug Shug
  • Wug Shug

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:46 PM Edited by Wesinator, 11 December 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Really? I see sh*ttons of Ruiners, but not even any Phoenixes.. I like Phoenixes better because I like firebirds, although I do like the hood of the Ruiner better

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

The Phoenix is my favorite of the muscle cars. It's just so light and powerful. It looks great, sounds awesome and is a joy to ride.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Really? I see sh*ttons of Ruiners, but not even any Phoenixes.. I like Phoenixes better because I like firebirds, although I do like the hood of the Ruiner better

Yeah, the Ruiner has some better aspects than the Phoenix, but overall, the Phoenix is probably better for looks.

Btw, everyone's game appears to be different when it comes to car spawns.  Some say certain muscle cars are easy to find, some say they are not.  Some say the Carbonizzare is impossible to find, some say it's everywhere.  It really just depends what you already own inside your garages and depending on the classification of cars you have, it seems to trigger spawns.  Also if you're driving in a Muscle Car, you should see more muscle cars, but it's not always the case.  It really just depends if you're lucky or not.  And I guarentee you that if I get the Ruiner (never seen before) tons will spawn when I load up my game, it's a fact, it always is like this.  I see Phoenix's periodically, not daily, but weekly when I turn on GTA V.  Usually playing as T gets them to spawn.  Sometimes I get a text for M that tells me someone is escaping with money from an owned property and they are using a Phoenix.  Saw this the other day.  It really just depends.  Not to mention I only have ONE muscle car in the whole game inside my garage as of right now, and that is the Rat-Loader, so that could also be why I never see muscle cars, as I don't have them.  I have all the Super's, Sports (mostly) and Sports Classics, and see these types of cars all the time, everywhere lol

The Phoenix is my favorite of the muscle cars. It's just so light and powerful. It looks great, sounds awesome and is a joy to ride.

I had a Sabre Turbo before I got my Rat-Loader, was better than the Rat-Loader actually, but I think it's time to obtain a Phoenix or Ruiner over the Sabre Turbo or a Rat-Loader.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hmmm...The Vapid Dominator (Mustang) looks pretty good, too.  I also never seen this car on the road, like the Ruiner.  It's customization stats are pretty good, as well.  Equal to the Ruiner and better than the Phoenix.  It may even be better than the Ruiner by a little bit.

Again, to obtain it, it seems I gotta replay the mission "The Wrap Up" to get the Dominator to spawn.  Still deciding what to get, though.

All comments are welcome pertaining the Ruiner, Dominator, and/or Phoenix.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

I always see Ruiners.  Ruiners everywhere haha.  During my play time, I've only come across maybe 10 Phoenix's.  They're pretty rare and I think it looks/sounds better than the Ruiner.  Of course the Ruiner has better stats (its only fractional) the Phoenix is by far my favourite and I like the name better as well.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Dominator all the way! It's my favourite muscle car and one of my favourite all together, in my game it's very rare aswell, seen it about three times in traffic.. Matte gray with the window shutters, epic!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I always see Ruiners.  Ruiners everywhere haha.  During my play time, I've only come across maybe 10 Phoenix's.  They're pretty rare and I think it looks/sounds better than the Ruiner.  Of course the Ruiner has better stats (its only fractional) the Phoenix is by far my favourite and I like the name better as well.

And when I replay The Vice Assassination as Franklin, I see like 20 Ruiner's no lie...But when I kill myself, and try to get the Ruiner after, nowhere to be seen.  What a pile of sh*t.  I replayed it like 7 times, and nothing.  Maybe Rockstar patched up the replaying of missions to obtain certain vehicles, who knows.  I got my RR by replaying a mission about 6-8 days ago.  My game deleted the Ruiner, basically lol, it's not in my game whatsoever.  Same as the Dominator.

Maybe one day I'll be lucky to find the Ruiner or Dominator.  I actually now can't find the Phoenix when I look for it.  It always is around when I don't want it, then when I do want it, it's gone forever.  What a load of sh*t.  I could look into the Futo or the Sultan perhaps, too.  There is a number of cars I can fill ONE last spot with.  I still have undecided on what I want.  I don't really like the Dominator, tbh, and driving in the Ruiner for a short time during The Vice Assassination, wasn't all that great either tbh, there is something about the Muscle Car class that just puts me off about these cars.  I agree as most of you say, if I needed a muscle, I'll wait for the Phoenix to spawn again, cuz it certainly does spawn a lot in my game, just not right now, lol.  Dominator is a dead end and so is the Ruiner basically.  I could replay a mission for the Dominator, The Wrap Up, but am too lazy and not really into muscles' like I said above.  I'll take a Phoenix I guess if one decides to spawn.  If I can't find any of these, I'll try for a Futo or Sultan, preferably the Sultan.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 11 December 2013 - 08:21 PM.

The Dominator is (weirdly) the muscler car of the muscle cars. It has a lot of power but its so heavy that, compared to the Ruiner or, especially the Phoenix, it can't weave in and out of traffic. The Phoenix slides a bit, but just enough to have some fun. The Dominator, however, slides like a crazy motherf*cker slipping on bananas. It's basically a regular 2007 Ford Mustang. Has lots of power, but has an outdated suspension.

gear999
  • gear999

I need to change my picture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Get a 4-cylinder with turbo!

Ehh.... Uhh.... I mean get a Futo.

Wait, not that. I meant to say get a... Stinger! Yes, of course, the Stinger (I'd say GT but you hate online Militia so, get a Stinger).

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Get a 4-cylinder with turbo!

Ehh.... Uhh.... I mean get a Futo.

Wait, not that. I meant to say get a... Stinger! Yes, of course, the Stinger (I'd say GT but you hate online Militia so, get a Stinger).

I own a Stinger regular in single player with Trevor.  I like it, I had it for over a month, though.  I might get a Sultan.  I found on Youtube a way to get this without having to replay any silly missions and drive around aimlessly not finding what I want.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

Futos and Sultans are sissy-boy cars

You can trick out the Phoenix to look like the Smokey and the Bandit car...as if any of the kiddies that play even know what that is

It kinda sucks that the Ruiner is the late 80s-early 90s Trans-Am...the late 90s version is much better, although the Ram-Air hood is in the style of the later version

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

My game is funny.  I just turned it on 30 minutes ago, immediately switched to Michael, got a text that someone took off with a week's takings at the Pitcher's Bar, and the guy who stole the cash was inside a Phoenix.  Of course, after I got back my money, got inside the Phoenix, put a GPS to the closest LSC, the car stopped moving when I was TEN FEET AWAY FROM CUSTOMS!!!  How f*cked up is that?  Man this game is bogus.  I reloaded the game, now the guy was driving in a Sultan.  Reloaded the game, now the guy is in a Futo!  Like wtf....I don't really want a Futo, I'd take the Sultan over a Futo anyday, the Futo looks like sh*t, lol, no offence to Futo lovers.  I am inside the Futo as I type this with my PS3 paused.  I also keep running into Karin Asterope or something, some Sedan I never seen before, either.  I'll drive around see if I find any more cool cars, I'll either get a Phoenix tonight or a Sultan, Futo, Dominator, and Ruiner are out.  It's now between the Sultan and the Phoenix.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Sultan is so overrated IMO. It doesn't look that amazing nor does it have the classy feel of the Phoenix. Wait for the Phoenix.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by Militia, 12 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Sultan is so overrated IMO. It doesn't look that amazing nor does it have the classy feel of the Phoenix. Wait for the Phoenix.

I agree that the Sultan kinda looks sh*tty and it's overrated.  Silly car, just like it was in GTA IV, imo.  Turismo was much better in IV than a Sultan RS.

Well, what happened?

I reloaded my game, hoping for a text, but on the 5th reload, the text didn't come.  So I was driving around aimlessly searching for the vehicles, and I ran into a car that I usually don't see often, and it was the Sultan!  Imagine that, lol.  The Futo is awful, and it's customization options sucked too, also after customizing a Futo, I tested it, it sucked, turned off my game without saving.  Got a Sultan and modded it and I actually like the stats and the speed it has, also the drifting is pretty badass.  The only downfall is it's looks and the BRAKES.  Holy f*ck is the brakes bad.  Not even a 1/5 for brakes lolol

Worst brake stats for a vehicle in the game?  Perhaps.  Anyways, I saved my game now with the Sultan fully modded inside the Impound.

I have 1 billion dollars, so if I want to get rid of the Sultan one day, I will for a Phoenix or Dominator, even perhaps a Ruiner, but who knows.  I already destroyed about 15 total vehicles fully modded in this GTA V game to make room for other cars, it's second nature to me now to do this, the money will never run out either, lol.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

This is one of my main activities in GTA V now. Steal a random car, mod it, bring it to the airport and race around it Top Gear style while saying british stuff like:

'' The gear changing is so savage! ''

'' What a staggering machine ! ''

'' This is an absolutely brilliant car ! ''

And then I just dump it down the river because all my garages are full. Not one inch free.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

This is one of my main activities in GTA V now. Steal a random car, mod it, bring it to the airport and race around it Top Gear style while saying british stuff like:

'' The gear changing is so savage! ''

'' What a staggering machine ! ''

'' This is an absolutely brilliant car ! ''

And then I just dump it down the river because all my garages are full. Not one inch free.

Lol, that's funny.  I made a typo above, I said the Futo was AWESOME, I mean't it was AWFUL, sorry haha.  I corrected it now like 11 hours late.

Anyways, I gotta try what you do, sounds like fun.  I actually never really modded random cars just to test, I usually only mod cars I am thinking of keeping to test, never random cars.  Eh, I like the Sultan enough to keep it.  When it comes to speed, I like it.  In real life (which could be dangerous) and in the game.  I am not a car buff in real life or anything or have anything worth mentioning in real life, but I HATE slow drivers, I hate f*ckheads always hitting their brakes, slow to take off at red lights when it turns green.  Any moron with their head up their ass and their senses diminished should NOT be driving.  Yeah, I may like speed, but my senses are beyond this world.  I only speed on the highway as well, just like in GTA V zipping in and out of lanes passing cars.  Lol, I've never driven in the shoulder or between cars, though, that's just crazy.  Seen some motorcycles go between cars on the highways though, lol, and wheelies.  That's out of my comfort zone, lolol

I think that is why I dislike Muscle Cars, SUV's, Sedans, and many Coupes in GTA V.  They all don't go fast, except for the Muscles that just spin out all the time and never grip the road, the Rat-Loader was absolutely sh*t gripping the road, it'd do 180's and 360's, lol, I don't like that at all.  If I hit the gas, I am expecting to drive forward, not sit for 5 seconds spinning out, no my style.  Give me those Super Cars, Sports Cars, and some of the Sports Classics and I'll have fun.  In the entire game, I don't have any vehicle besides for Super, Sports, Sports Classics, and TWO Coupes, Ocelot F620 and Cognoscenti Cabrio.  I used to have an Exemplar, but got rid of it for a Rapid GT, same car, basicically but in the Sports class and not Coupes class.  I also have two motorcycles, the two best, Bati 801RR and Dinka Akuma, lol

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Speaking of Exemplar, I tried it a few days ago and, quite strangely, I realized it (kinda) has a better handling than the Rapid GT. Who the f*ck thought that made sense at Rockstar, pretty weird.

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Online the Phoenix is very rare, took me a week to find one by the docks, while waiting to ambush the "High Priority Vehicle".

You can customize it to look like the "70" superbird, so get a cowboy hat, grow a moustache and drive it around like Richard f@*kin Petty!

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Online the Phoenix is very rare, took me a week to find one by the docks, while waiting to ambush the "High Priority Vehicle".

You can customize it to look like the "70" superbird, so get a cowboy hat, grow a moustache and drive it around like Richard f@*kin Petty!

No, this guy...

smokey-and-the-bandit2-revi.jpg

Mr Shakotan
  • Mr Shakotan

Ride Low and get high

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I say ruiner because the game was kind enough to name one of the exhaust for it after me.  http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/mrshakotan/games/gtav/snapmatic/mostrecent/photo/0x7nBV9Phkytl5-h1FVbTw    

Ruiner is way better. as far as looks thats opinion based. Go for the ruiner its faster and is quicker. Only thing I dont like about the ruiner is its in the muscle car class and mostly looks like a chevy camaro, but also has the headlights and front bumper from a 80's nissan 300zx. And also the japanese style bosozoku oil cooler option on the front bumper. IMO they should have made made the rest of the car look like a 300zx and put it in the sports car class

http://socialclub.ro...jw0qIKT2uAx4_Mw

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

No, this guy...

smokey-and-the-bandit2-revi.jpg

Ya, if you put the the side skirts, long nose, and T-top on her she looks like the Bandits Trans Am! Either way your gonna need the stash...

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

In my session playing tonight, I ran into tons of Phoenix's like I have in the past, after seeing a countless number of sh*tty cars from the Patch 1.07 "bug" seeing tons of Ballers and SUV's and vans and sh*t, no sports cars, muscle cars, super cars.  It was with Trevor, which is the normal person I usually see them always with.  I modded it just to check if I'd like it, and it just reminded me of all my other muscle cars and the driving problems I have controlling them, lol.  Although, with some practice with the Phoenix I got pretty good toward the end of my session but still didn't really care for it.  I guess I'll just keep the Sultan and call it a day for car hunting, plus 1.07 kinda put a hault on it atm, as my game's spawning of vehicles is wacky now.

StickUpK1D
  • StickUpK1D

The Stick Up Kid

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

I prefer the Phoenix as the other guy said it sounds amazing. I can drift pretty well in it and it is customizable in practically every way. Ruiner i think doesn't look all that great but it handles good. I say Phoenix all day though!

Swifty101
  • Swifty101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

Really? Why wouldn't you want KITT from Knight Rider? Plus you can practically put enough army on it to crash into another vehicle and devistate it like in Knight Rider. Plus speed wise. Well their is a glitch when modding a car. Notice how whenever making the engine more powerful and putting a much longer speed transmission on it. Every vehicle according to the game gains no speed increase when I just outran a brand new Ford Taurus Interceptor in the game that has a top speed between 155-175 with ease when they proclaim the car only has a top speed of 105 mph. The car is faster than Franklin's now official NASCAR Stock Car Dodge Charger. Even from stock the Firebird Formula has a top speed of 155 mph while the 73-79 Firebird also had a top speed of about 135-155. But I have a Knight Rider car that's pretty much near indestructable.
Oh and Richard Petty drives either Dodge Chargers, Charger Daytona's, or Challengers. So the Gauntlet would suit you plus it is a Challenger/Camaro.

NYCItalian
  • NYCItalian

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

Nothing beats the Camarro (phoenix)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Really? Why wouldn't you want KITT from Knight Rider? Plus you can practically put enough army on it to crash into another vehicle and devistate it like in Knight Rider. Plus speed wise. Well their is a glitch when modding a car. Notice how whenever making the engine more powerful and putting a much longer speed transmission on it. Every vehicle according to the game gains no speed increase when I just outran a brand new Ford Taurus Interceptor in the game that has a top speed between 155-175 with ease when they proclaim the car only has a top speed of 105 mph. The car is faster than Franklin's now official NASCAR Stock Car Dodge Charger. Even from stock the Firebird Formula has a top speed of 155 mph while the 73-79 Firebird also had a top speed of about 135-155. But I have a Knight Rider car that's pretty much near indestructable.
Oh and Richard Petty drives either Dodge Chargers, Charger Daytona's, or Challengers. So the Gauntlet would suit you plus it is a Challenger/Camaro.

Can I roll over top of your Phoenix in my bullet proof Police Riot?  We'll see how indestructible it is.  Lol

Carrythxd
  • Carrythxd

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Definitely Phoenix. I just love the sound on it and I think it looks a lot better than the the Ruiner :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users