How to get your car out of impound for $250.00

50 replies to this topic
DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Okay t he patch notes says you are now able to pay off a fine to get your car out of impound for $250.00

....The problem is, they didnt say HOW....So does anyone know how to use this new feature?

leicesterboy
  • leicesterboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Sod that... Kill the guy on the gate and steal it, easy to evade a wanted level rather then giving money to rockstar

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Sod that... Kill the guy on the gate and steal it, easy to evade a wanted level rather then giving money to rockstar

I still want to know.....no one seems to know how to do it yet

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I assume it would be under a phone contact. Try looking through your phone. Unless your really lazy to drive over seems like a waste of money imo. Just steal it back and drive down the train tunnel adjacent. Piss easy.

garyfromscotland
  • garyfromscotland

Jock

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Why would you be giving money to rockstar lol?
  • therussianpenguin likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by Ninjambie, 11 December 2013 - 01:06 PM.

You already gave your money to R*, derp.

Some people.... smh.

On Topic: It's in your mini menu aka hold back. Scroll down and you will see there is a new option "Request Personal Vehicle". The only thing is it doesn't work, it's always faded out. GG R*.

• Kvothe and therussianpenguin like this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Some people.... smh.

On Topic: It's in your mini menu aka hold back. Scroll down and you will see there is a new option "Request Personal Vehicle". The only thing is it doesn't work, it's always faded out. GG R*.

Thats for your car guy to bring your car, this has nothing to do with the update. You can phone him or do that, but not when its in impound.

I assume it would be under a phone contact. Try looking through your phone. Unless your really lazy to drive over seems like a waste of money imo. Just steal it back and drive down the train tunnel adjacent. Piss easy.

When people start camping the impound in groups its impossible to get outside the gate.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

Thats for your car guy to bring your car, this has nothing to do with the update. You can phone him or do that, but not when its in impound.

Really? Well herp derp on my part lol. I'ma start using that then. 

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Really? Well herp derp on my part lol. I'ma start using that then. 

Yeah, I use it all the time, its much faster then calling the guy, only down side is it brings you the last personal car you used. But its worked for awhile now, but yeah thats not related to the update

• Ninjambie likes this

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

bump

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was on my way to get my Entity out of the impound lot, and another player stole it first and nothing happened when I changed my vehicle access to "No one". I did it 10 times and he just kept on driving off. So I had to just call my mechanic for another car and the entity, which was miles and miles away from the impound lot now, was destroyed instantly. It was odd.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

this sounds interesting I'd gladly pay 250 if it means not having to drive all the way to the impound

usually don't even drive unless it's like my entity or some other expensive car

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm assuming the feature got pulled last minute. We'll see it next patch probably.

I can't believe there are people who don't want to pay $250 for this. I usually just let impounded cars get destroyed.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

I too would like to know this.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm assuming the feature got pulled last minute. We'll see it next patch probably.

I can't believe there are people who don't want to pay $250 for this. I usually just let impounded cars get destroyed.

Same here.  Take another car out of the garage or get the mechanic to deliver one, and then ring Mors.  It's back in your garage.

• MrHollick likes this

KingCantona
  • KingCantona

VANS Society's Codebreaker

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nah I take it outta impound.  Damn cops won't take my car and get away with it.  At least 1 murder before I speed my way down the tunnel :D

• esteban2606 likes this

FirearmRage
  • FirearmRage

Tool

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

You do it just the same way you sell your high end cars.

You don't, but you're told you can.

• slowburn29 likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 11 December 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Played a bit with this last night, couldn't see an option for $250. But here's a good tip. IF YOU CARGOBOB YOUR VEHICLE OUT OF IMPOUND THE GAME THINKS ITS STILL IMPOUNDED UNTIL YOU GET IN AND DRIVE IT.

I airlifted my vehicle out twice last night and it didn't spawn for me in mission, and was back in the impound post mission. Get in and fire up the engine after dropping it off somewhere to 'release' it from impound.

ToMuchMayo
  • ToMuchMayo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

i don't waste time going to the impound i just call my mechanicc and insurance company and get it back without moving my feet. 

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Played a bit with this last night, couldn't see an option for $250. But here's a good tip. IF YOU CARGOBOB YOUR VEHICLE OUT OF IMPOUND THE GAME THINKS ITS STILL IMPOUNDED UNTIL YOU GET IN AND DRIVE IT.

I airlifted my vehicle out twice last night and it didn't spawn for me in mission, and was back in the impound post mission. Get in and fire up the engine after dropping it off somewhere to 'release' it from impound.

I've never thought to do that. Do you get a wanted level when you get in?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Same here.  Take another car out of the garage or get the mechanic to deliver one, and then ring Mors.  It's back in your garage.

I looked at all the menu options and called any contact that made sense, nothing.  I agree with the quoted gentlemen, this must have been pulled.  Yet still in release notes that took hours to hit the net? Lazy work, R*.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Some people.... smh.

And your calling HIM the derp? Request personal vehicle has always been there and it is greyed out BECAUSE the car your requesting is impounded or not on the map at all.

I was on my way to get my Entity out of the impound lot, and another player stole it first and nothing happened when I changed my vehicle access to "No one". I did it 10 times and he just kept on driving off. So I had to just call my mechanic for another car and the entity, which was miles and miles away from the impound lot now, was destroyed instantly. It was odd.

There is also an option in the back menu to "empty personal vehicle". Empty it...then set it to no one...then request it. Problem solved all in same menu.
  • AlienTwo likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Some people.... smh.

And your calling HIM the derp? Request personal vehicle has always been there and it is greyed out BECAUSE the car your requesting is impounded or not on the map at all.

There is also an option in the back menu to "empty personal vehicle". Empty it...then set it to no one...then request it. Problem solved all in same menu.

You should've kept reading instead of replying first. :/

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Its possible that they put something in a new way and want us to figure it out? I mean it was an obviously vague tease of a change note.

Also the selling high value car thing only works with post patch purchased cars.

Some people.... smh.

You should've kept reading instead of replying first. :/
I read every word. What do you think i missed.

Oberoncronoss
  • Oberoncronoss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I got the your car has been impounded message just as my freind started us on a mission. After the mission start I just went to the impound and got in my car and drove off with no wanted lvl. I've done this a couple o' times now.

• MrHollick likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Setting it to no-one prior to emptying it does nothing as they are already in it. I ride around with passengers all the time and change it to noone and they do not get bumbed out but no one new can get in...and no i dont mean friends or crew.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Spaceman Spiff Wannabe

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Setting it to no-one prior to emptying it does nothing as they are already in it. I ride around with passengers all the time and change it to noone and they do not get bumbed out but no one new can get in...and no i dont mean friends or crew.

Hmmm... I leave my car on "Everyone" due to my preference to do a lot of missions and the fact I like to set ignition bombs, and when people steal my car I always change it to no-one, they are forced out and I can easily shoot them.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I read every word. What do you think i missed.

No, you didn't.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

K no problem pal. I have read the entire thread twice now...if you dont want to explain then have a nice day.

Bluesun62
  • Bluesun62

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

From Brian B. on r* support

"I apologize for the confusion, but there were a few items included in the patch notes that are coming for future patches and content. This includes the option to fill ammo for $20,000 as well as the ability to purchase back your vehicle from the impound. Both of these items will be coming in future content updates."

Source:

http://support.rocks...se?locale=en-us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users