Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free-aim getting 25% more RP. Got to be happy with that.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
261 replies to this topic
Archetype13
  • Archetype13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for the serious non-sarcastic and non-insulting reply, Trench.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by kABUSE, 12 December 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Why should I handycap myself more than necessary? I will wait for the PC Version. THERE and only there I will free aim.

These comments make me laugh.  As if you need a mouse and keyboard just so you can be waaaaaaaaay more accurate or the wittle baby won't play.  Boooo hooo you missed and wasted some bullet.  Some body give him his auto aim bottle before he misses some more.  :D  

Besides why would you want to handicap your driving with a mouse and keyboard? 

The mouse is indeed "waaaaaaaaay" more accurate. We all know that. No need to lie abou that fact.

Driving on a computer is a different topic. You are able to control the camera way better, thus keeping better overview of the situation. But it is true that the gamepad is superior here, simply because you can turn the car only a little bit with the sticks. The keyboard knows only true or false. The gamepad stick knows like.... several thousand possible positions.

And the same question again:

Why are you free aimers pretending to be so badass? You are NOT fighting vs auto aimers. You only fight vs other free aimers. You may as well argue that you are afraid to die.

• Taky and Zevares like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

The mouse is indeed "waaaaaaaaay" more accurate. We all know that. No need to lie abou that fact.

Driving on a computer is a different topic. You are able to control the camera way better, thus keeping better overview of the situation. But it is true that the gamepad is superior here, simply because you can turn the car only a little bit with the sticks. The keyboard knows only true or false. The gamepad stick knows like.... several thousand possible positions.

And the same question again:

Why are you people acting so badass? You are NOT fighting vs auto aimers. You only fight vs other free aimers. You may as well argue that you are afraid to die.

I found the controller 10 times better for flying helis in BF4. Also, it is better at driving. 

But for aiming, mouse is 100 times better, no question. 

http://kotaku.com/55...360-online-play

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

I could answer your question, but it will involve the word elitist and I am about done with this game, so I can`t be arsed to get into a "debate" again.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I guess so, haha!

You are lucky then! Or I'm unlucky :p Might have something to do with my location though

Well, we are both in europe i guess?

Since i have played with you in a lobby already :-D

Yep :)
Really? When? :)

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

If everyone that plays Free Aim sessions gets the same bonus, then it isn't exactly an advantage.

• Phyxsius- likes this

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

I guess so, haha!

You are lucky then! Or I'm unlucky :p Might have something to do with my location though

I think last week or the week before.. i don't know anymore.

But assuming your GT is the same as your username here, it should've been you :p

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for the serious non-sarcastic and non-insulting reply, Trench.

Uh...you're welcome?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

I guess so, haha!

But assuming your GT is the same as your username here, it should've been you :p

Cool! :) In a race or something?

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

I guess so, haha!

Cool! :) In a race or something?

including but not limited to.. :)

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I never brag about free aim and never really see anyone else brag either.  Infact its funny thay only R* games even have these kinds of silly Auto Aim vs Free Aim arguments.

Its because manual aim is the norm in any game, especially in online games.  Slap on an aim bot that can manually lock on to targets it comes off as pretty much cheating.  Except R* made this an option.  And made it split the player base. 

Thing is 99% of all games don't allow auto aim. So its not that anyone is bragging.  They're are more like WTF and why? 

I mean for me, I don't care if it takes me 5 hours to shoot something.  Auto Aim is a red line I just won't cross, like eating babies...

Well, this is a new argument isn't it? You cut out part of my post with a link to a thread disproving your assertion, that people who use free aim don't say they are better. Now your argument is that YOU don't do that.

My response to that is...okay?

Still doesn't change the fact you were wrong in your assertion about there not being braggadocio on the free aimers side of the fence regardless to whether you do it or not.

As to the rest, *shrug*. I don't know why Rockstar chose to have auto aim. Unlike you, I'm not Stalinistic in people having a choice on whether they aim for themselves or whether the game engine assists. So I guess I side with Rockstar for allowing that choice. And I'm fine with their decision to reward 25% to those who choose to aim for themselves. I'm not that egotistical to believe that everyone should play a game to my exacting standards. At least not a game I had no hand in designing.
  • Taky likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Agreed.

LoA-Phantom
  • LoA-Phantom

CEO of Luxury MotorSport

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Tried doing potshot on free aim, got same rp

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

I never brag about free aim and never really see anyone else brag either.  Infact its funny thay only R* games even have these kinds of silly Auto Aim vs Free Aim arguments.

Its because manual aim is the norm in any game, especially in online games.  Slap on an aim bot that can manually lock on to targets it comes off as pretty much cheating.  Except R* made this an option.  And made it split the player base. 

Thing is 99% of all games don't allow auto aim. So its not that anyone is bragging.  They're are more like WTF and why? 

I mean for me, I don't care if it takes me 5 hours to shoot something.  Auto Aim is a red line I just won't cross, like eating babies...

Still doesn't change the fact you were wrong in your assertion about there not being braggadocio on the free aimers side of the fence regardless to whether you do it or not.

Again,,   No ones bragging.      They just think auto aim is flat out f*ckin retarded.

You can't brag about using free aim.. You could brag about being good at certain parts of the game, but not for aiming manually.  Free aim is just normal aim.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Why should I handycap myself more than necessary? I will wait for the PC Version. THERE and only there I will free aim.

These comments make me laugh.  As if you need a mouse and keyboard just so you can be waaaaaaaaay more accurate or the wittle baby won't play.  Boooo hooo you missed and wasted some bullet.  Some body give him his auto aim bottle before he misses some more.  :D  

Why are you free aimers pretending to be so badass? You are NOT fighting vs auto aimers. You only fight vs other free aimers. You may as well argue that you are afraid to die.

When did free aim (normal aim) players act bad ass?

The standard bar is manual aim.  By default, using an aim bot puts that player below standards.  Just like playing everything on easy is silly if you can handle the harder settings.

Most game devs actually go through the trouble of trying to prevent aim bots mechanics from being used in their games and R* slaps it in as a default setting

And no one who manually aims is afraid of dying... The would just rather not die to aim bot.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://kotaku.com/55...360-online-play

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

Mouse IS better than the controller for aiming. Always has been.

Ya no f*ckin sh*t Sherlock.  But it doesn't matter.   Using auto aim because you can't use a mouse on console is retarded.  That's like refusing to pee standing up because its easier sitting down. 

No one cares about PC or Mouse and Keyboard, that is never the point.

GTA is not a twitch shooter.  Who gives a f*ck if you miss shots.   People sound like little f*ckin babies when they say sh*t like.  "Boo Hoo free aim sucks cause no mouse I use auto aim Ok"...  Seriously.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Im pleased they finally gave something extra for playing on free-aim. IMO its deserved, but it should have been that way from the start.

Up until i started duping cars & became insanely wealthy, i only played on free-aim. I feel cheated out of a lot of RP.

Who woulda guessed R* cheated their loyal customers out of something? (Sarcasam)

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Vooodu, on 11 Dec 2013 - 5:44 PM, said:

Miss Malevolent, on 11 Dec 2013 - 5:37 PM, said:

Pinnkiepie, on 11 Dec 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Good news! I was one of those mailing Rockstar about this (i'm sure we were hundreds!) :D

A lil motivator to move people from Auto to Free!

Doesn't motivate me in the slightest.

25% more RP? Meh. BUT, here is hoping it motivates some...so all of these "LOOK AT ME I'M BETTER THAN YOU" threads can die down.

LOL, yeah right.

I never see any of these "look at me im better than you' threads.

I usually see a bunch of very emotional and uptight auto aim players insulting the crap out of free aim players.  Which in the end resorts to free aimers telling them to stick their aim bot up their ass.  I mean, where else is there to go with a conversation like that?

No one thinks they are better... They just think auto aim is f*ckin' flat out retarded.  Auto aimers take that sh*t personally and lose their minds.

Free Aimer makes a comment.  Auto Aimer weirdo claims he is an elitist douche that should die.... Free Aimers tells them learn how to f*ckin' play you stupid noob.  Its an endless cycle that can be stopped if Auto Aim mental cases just kept their damn mouth shut in the first place.

And this isn't about all auto aimers.  Just the really wacked out mental cases that visit this forums.    Im sure most auto aimers with a brain would agree that free aim takes more effort, skill and deserves better payouts.   You'd be dumb as a box of rocks not to agree.

99% of the threads about free-aimers being elitist is started by people who play on auto-aim

which is why I was happy to go along with them

free aim master race!

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Again,,   No ones bragging.      They just think auto aim is flat out f*ckin retarded.

You can't brag about using free aim.. You could brag about being good at certain parts of the game, but not for aiming manually.  Free aim is just normal aim.

Obviously you didn't click the link in my post you edited, or you wouldn't make the statement that, "no one is bragging".

But I do agree it's a really silly argument to say that a person is better at a game because they use free aim. That we can agree on.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 December 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Ya no f*ckin sh*t Sherlock.  But it doesn't matter.   Using auto aim because you can't use a mouse on console is retarded.  That's like refusing to pee standing up because its easier sitting down. 

I know better. I will explain: Mouse trumps controller at aiming. Anything involving aiming is better done using a mouse. I don`t like going back to Stone Age and aim in seconds when all my life I aimed in tenths of seconds - precisely, too, not "any minuuuteee nooow". Example: I would be an idiot not to use the more modern color TV and still use the black and white one and pretend that I`m better.

Your case: Bragging to be special because you can aim with the controller to some extent means precisely zero. Why? Because the controller is proven to be inferior to the mouse. I don`t like practicing on inferior platforms. A problem of choice and perception, but you would be the black and white guy in the above example. 

No one cares about PC or Mouse and Keyboard, that is never the point.

It is always the point when PC gamers try to aim in a console game. It feels... obsolete. Way too much effort when you compare the two.

GTA is not a twitch shooter.  Who gives a f*ck if you miss shots.   People sound like little f*ckin babies when they say sh*t like.  "Boo Hoo free aim sucks cause no mouse I use auto aim Ok"...  Seriously.

Aiming is always a twitch bussiness. The game might not be designed as one, but shooting first still is king. The lesser time it takes to aim, the better chances of dropping the other guy - that is twitch shooting.

Answers in green.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by biggsull, 12 December 2013 - 09:26 PM.

On the whole keyboard and mouse as a reason to not use free aim, its a legit argument considering there are KB+M emulators allowing people to have an extreme advantage over you... many people have these as it gave an advantage, at least in BF3 (I didnt buy 4 and wont be buying any others) for helicopters, to strafe sideways you needed a mouse, the axis of movement wasnt possible on a controller.

In theory you could pick one up for yourself to use in free aim.. but youd be a pretty big dbag for giving yourself such an advantage over everyone else, nothing really to be proud about.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

On the whole keyboard and mouse as a reason to not use free aim, its a legit argument considering there are KB+M emulators allowing people to have an extreme advantage over you... many people have these as it gave an advantage, at least in BF3 (I didnt buy 4 and wont be buying any others) for helicopters, to strafe sideways you needed a mouse, the axis of movement wasnt possible on a controller.

I can shade some light on this: I played Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC and recently BF4 on console. 

For mouse, you have the axis of movement, true, but it`s a bitch to land and find that neutral for up/down. Even for lateral. - that is for BFBC2

In BF4, you have ALL the controlls on thumbsticks - pitch, roll AND yaw - you can strafe sideways decently.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by biggsull, 12 December 2013 - 09:38 PM.

It enabled an entirely different method of piloting the heli, Ive flown them with mouses for a while(on computer).. (perfectly)neutral movement isnt really needed and I never had trouble landing.

It allows you to circle a building say, with a person on top. You never break your line of sight and ability to shoot at them, where as with a controller you constantly have to aim up and then turn, then aim back down.

• Phyxsius- likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

It enabled an entirely different method of piloting the heli, Ive flown them with mouses for a while(on computer).. (perfectly)neutral movement isnt really needed and I never had trouble landing.

It allows you to circle a building say, with a person on top. You never break your line of sight and ability to shoot at them, where as with a controller you constantly have to aim up and then turn, then aim back down.

It did make my life easier with landing, which is a nice thing. Gave up too much for it, but oh well :)

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Aiming freely with a gamepad is just utterly retarded. I dont want to be handicapped by the input device. I would only smash the Dualshock 3 sooner or later.

Free-aim = PC.

Also, as I have pointed out before, race lobbies are still separated right? So free aim is absolutely no option.

And I also do not understand how you think that you are superior if you free-aim. It is not like you are fighting free aim vs auto-aim. Free-aim vs free-aim is just as challenging as auto-aim vs auto-aim. Because.. you know.. the others have the same advantages and disadvantages.

Your inability to free aim with a DualShock 3 is entirely due to you lacking skill. I free aim just fine.

Free aim missions are harder. Stealing a Titan from Merryweather is ridiculously easy on auto aim, you spam the triggers and everyone just drops dead. With free aim, you actually have to make an effort, so you deserve more rewards.

Auto aim PvP is a joke. It's entirely about who sees who first and skill just doesn't come into it. Might as well make auto aim non- PvP only.

• B Dawg likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, but fighter jet flight was much easier with a controller, for me at least.

Magick
  • Magick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

The RP bonus is only for missions received via phone. Missions that you can choose from pause menu aren't included

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Aiming freely with a gamepad is just utterly retarded. I dont want to be handicapped by the input device. I would only smash the Dualshock 3 sooner or later.

Free-aim = PC.

Then get good at aiming with the controller instead of being a lousy quitter because you're used to a mouse.

Spoiler

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 12 December 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Free-aim = PC.

Then get good at aiming with the controller instead of being a lousy quitter because you're used to a mouse.

Spoiler

In the world of smartphones, you still want to use this:

screen-shot-2013-04-03-at-3-04-44-pm-650

By all means, use it, but don`t hate on the smart phone users and pretend you are somehow better, because you`re using that obsolete piece of sh*t better than they would.

Because that is the difference: mouse is clearly better at aiming. Anything lesser than a mouse is stupid. Sometimes we have no choice, but that doesn`t negate the initial premises - the mouse is better regardless. You are better at using an inferior tool / peripheral, that is all. Anything else is stretching it.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Free-aim = PC.

Spoiler

In the world of smartphones, you still want to use this:

*old phone pic*

By all means, use it, but don`t hate on the smart phone users and pretend you are somehow better, because you`re using that obsolete piece of sh*t better than they would.

But in the console world, there is no mouse. Therefore the smart phone doesn't exist. It's replaced by a robot making calls you're too lazy to do, in what is probably the only game I know of that has auto-aim.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:54 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 13 December 2013 - 10:58 AM.

But in the console world, there is no mouse. Therefore the smart phone doesn't exist. It's replaced by a robot making calls you're too lazy to do, in what is probably the only game I know of that has auto-aim.

Not entirely accurate statement. There are mouse emulators, like XIM3.

And the mouse DOES exist, albeit on a different platform (PC), or by use of third party peripherals, like the previously mentioned XIM3.

The fact still stands - once you played with the mouse any half decent FPS, the controller will feel obsolete and just bad for aiming. I have nothing against the people that can aim with the controller. This being said, the controller is still sh*t to any mouse user. That is the only acceptable truth, which is backed up by Microsoft`s attempt at cross platform. As long as you accept this simple fact, we have no problems. But you don`t get to say "Then get good at aiming with the controller instead of being a lousy quitter because you're used to a mouse.". My main platform is PC and will always will be the PC, hence the mouse and the lack of will to get good with an inferior peripheral. I am getting quite good at free aiming in Battlefield on PS3, which is hilarious, but I WILL use auto aim in any game that I will be able to on PS3, just because I can`t be arsed*.

Also, this is not the only game that has auto aim - all console games have it, under one form or another, including but not limited to blockbusters like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

* I don`t need free aiming achievements in my life, or extra effort in my "free - fun time". I have it plenty on PC and I get my thrills elsewhere. The console is just past time. I don`t feel like working and getting aggravated in my free time. Some folks have all the time in the world to make the console a job. I don`t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users