Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free-aim getting 25% more RP. Got to be happy with that.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
261 replies to this topic
SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

The aim choice of someone doesn't affect others in any way yet people find a way to whine.

I take it you don't play much free aim game modes.

Auto Aim paying the same rewards pushes a lot of players to simply NOT bother with free aim.  And causes free aim to have less players because their is NO risk vs reward.  At least this fixes it a little bit.

Also. Why the f*ck should I be getting the same reward as people using an aim bot?

Its not 'whine' its reality.

Do you play missions/races where the RP/money is higher for people placed below you?

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I hoped it would shut up the free aim internet bad boys but I still see just as many threads similar to: Auto-aim is for X, Free aim deserves 3x money and RP. The aim choice of someone doesn't affect others in any way yet people find a way to whine.

Well two kinds of aim tears apart the GTA:O population, and this will be specially bad when the population decreases after a few years, take RDR and MP3 as example.

Furthermore, most people fails to realize which kind of aim is better for them. Free aim servers have less violence because not everyone can insta-kill anyone just by seeing them. Casual players may find fun in auto-aim mode but it prevents them from developing basic aim skills and that will allow them to play any other shooter....

Personally i agree with you, if both aims exist we should just accept it and let people play where they want. However auto-aim should have never existed in first place, and i would be glad to see it scrapped, not becuase is for n00bs or sissies or whatever... But BECAUSE FREE-AIM IS FOR ALL GAMERS IN GENERAL :)

Thedarkskar
  • Thedarkskar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by Thedarkskar, 11 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Do you really get extra RP for free aim? Didn't notice but I like the idea.

Something more satisfying about using free aim over auto/assisted. Everyone has a choice with what they want to use.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Good news! I was one of those mailing Rockstar about this (i'm sure we were hundreds!) :D

A lil motivator to move people from Auto to Free!

Even if it would give 10 times more RP, I will still not move over :) . I got me BF4 for free aiming, not this piece of sh*t game.

But BECAUSE FREE-AIM IS FOR ALL GAMERS IN GENERAL  :)

On PC, yes. On console, I have to wrestle the controller and I can`t dedicate most of my time using a retarded peripheral for aiming. Personal opinion, so don`t bother arguing.

• SpidersWeb and Zevares like this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

kABUSE, on 11 Dec 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Aiming freely with a gamepad is just utterly retarded. I dont want to be handicapped by the input device. I would only smash the Dualshock 3 sooner or later.
Free-aim = PC.

Also, as I have pointed out before, race lobbies are still separated right? So free aim is absolutely no option.

And I also do not understand how you think that you are superior if you free-aim. It is not like you are fighting free aim vs auto-aim. Free-aim vs free-aim is just as challenging as auto-aim vs auto-aim. Because.. you know.. the others have the same advantages and disadvantages.

lol so now your lack of motor skills is the controllers fault?
and free-aim is more challenging, because you know you can actually miss a shot opposed to just holding left and right trigger to make things dead

The only skill required in auto-aim is being faster at pushing LT followed by RT, maybe tweaking the L stick, or being a higher level than a new player and have faster firing firearms.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 11 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

The only skill required in auto-aim is being faster at pushing LT followed by RT, maybe tweaking the L stick, or being a higher level than a new player and have faster firing firearms.

It`s amazing how much people care about what other people do. Is it a job? Are you getting paid to do it, or do you have THAT much free time on your hands? 

• Taky and z0etr0pe like this

Alphonso Mango
  • Alphonso Mango

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Tried freeaim, KDR dropped off a cliff

• Trenchfoot321 likes this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 11 December 2013 - 08:54 PM.

It`s amazing how much people care about what other people do. Is it a job? Are you getting paid to do it, or do you have THAT much free time on your hands? 

lol

There is one thing I wanted to bring up in reply to his post.

When I joined free aim lobbies my personal experience was that most people would run out - and whoever aimed/fired first won. I'm sure there is better players out there - but the few times I tried it - it was usually 'first to press buttons wins'. So if you're faster than other people on the map - you don't need to bother with strategy/placement - you can nail them easy as.

In assisted aim, everyone is equal in the aim/shooting front, so I find people are more likely to apply strategy - e.g. hide blip from map  and sneak up, or hunt out an ideal spot to suprise, or create a distraction etc.

Edit: oh but if Free Aim guys get an RP boost - I'm all good with that - I have no doubts it requires more skill I just don't find it more fun (I know lots of people do, which is awesome, it's just I don't).

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Good news!
Hopefully there will be a lot more people in the free aim sessions now.
It's so much more challenging and actually skill-based in the free aim sessions, and the people there are much more mature. I will definately give it a shot again to find out. Earlier I've just been met with nearly empty sessions and races with 4 people in them.

It's just a matter of time until all the kids are there :p

And i get to full lobbies almost every time :/

I guess so, haha!

You are lucky then! Or I'm unlucky :p Might have something to do with my location though

Well, we are both in europe i guess?

Since i have played with you in a lobby already :-D

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

I might have to get in on this party.
25% more....plus its not like all the "skilled" Free Aim fans don't use shotguns.
Maybe I will start utilizing the shotguns more.
A little extra RP never hurt anybody. lol.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

I haven't gotten around to playing 1.7 yet, but it seems like they're finally patching the things they should've fixed a month ago. I wouldn't switch to autoaim regardless of any incentive, because autoaim is so incredibly boring to me- I don't feel like I'm actually playing when in autoaim, just acting as a puppeteer. It's good to see some encouragement for players challenging themselves, though.

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:04 PM Edited by DopeSack, 11 December 2013 - 09:07 PM.

you dont get any extra rp on free aim still the same amount as aim assist and now theres diminishing returns on replaying missions as well even if you do several in between the replays more retardation and incomplete and untested patches from R*

mixed up with coke -aim assist hard dificulty rp -2775 money 9k

mixed up with coke - free aim hard dificulty rp-2775 money 9k 

only one i tested it on switched characters so the diminishing return didnt apply to skew the numbers 

best part is the hard dificulty setting is supposed to be 1.5 rp on normal rp pays 2475 so id say closer to 1.12 not 1.5

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

It didnt work for me on two different missions I got the same rp with free and auto aim.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

kABUSE, on 11 Dec 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Aiming freely with a gamepad is just utterly retarded. I dont want to be handicapped by the input device. I would only smash the Dualshock 3 sooner or later.
Free-aim = PC.

Also, as I have pointed out before, race lobbies are still separated right? So free aim is absolutely no option.

And I also do not understand how you think that you are superior if you free-aim. It is not like you are fighting free aim vs auto-aim. Free-aim vs free-aim is just as challenging as auto-aim vs auto-aim. Because.. you know.. the others have the same advantages and disadvantages.

lol so now your lack of motor skills is the controllers fault?
and free-aim is more challenging, because you know you can actually miss a shot opposed to just holding left and right trigger to make things dead

So what? Everybody else has exactly the same advanages so you die just as fast as them. In fee aim you can actually run around with less fear of being killed than in auto aim.

Free aim shooters are just utterly retarded. I stick to that. This has nothing to do with a lack of motoric skills. Mouse & keyboard is just entirely superior. Just compare "typing" with a gamepad and typing with a keyboard. Or browsing through menus with a gamepad and browsing through menus with a keyboard.

Why should I handycap myself more than necessary? I will wait for the PC Version. THERE and only there I will free aim.
  • Zevares likes this

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

i play free aim and even i'm tired of all of the f*cking posts about it. if you're such a pathetic loser that you have nothing to brag about in your life than how you play a goddamn video game, then i truly feel sorry for you. video games are a diversion, nothing more. there's enough petty competition in my actual life for me to want to deal with the same sh*t when i get home as well.

Had to sign in just to like your post.

• Zevares and z0etr0pe like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

I never see any of these "look at me im better than you' threads.

I usually see a bunch of very emotional and uptight auto aim players insulting the crap out of free aim players.  Which in the end resorts to free aimers telling them to stick their aim bot up their ass.  I mean, where else is there to go with a conversation like that?

No one thinks they are better... They just think auto aim is f*ckin' flat out retarded.  Auto aimers take that sh*t personally and lose their minds.

Free Aimer makes a comment.  Auto Aimer weirdo claims he is an elitist douche that should die.... Free Aimers tells them learn how to f*ckin' play you stupid noob.  Its an endless cycle that can be stopped if Auto Aim mental cases just kept their damn mouth shut in the first place.

And this isn't about all auto aimers.  Just the really wacked out mental cases that visit this forums.    Im sure most auto aimers with a brain would agree that free aim takes more effort, skill and deserves better payouts.   You'd be dumb as a box of rocks not to agree.

You say that and yet today:
http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1064273486

Literally using the words, "we're (free aimers) better than".

Now, just because you don't see the threads or posts, doesn't mean they don't exist. I mean one could quibble that, that's a post and not a thread...but then we're getting into splitting hairs...and no one has time for that.

I personally see a lot of this on the forums. Just like I see a lot of people complaining about elitist attitudes. I try to remain objective and look at all arguments.

But what I said stands...from my objective observation...that this is about bragging rights. It's not about challenging yourself. It's not about, reward for it's own rewards sake...or any of the other malarky I've heard in these endless debates. It was always about getting some shiny Rockstar on a forehead...and bully for those who are going to get that 25%.

For me...meh.
  • Phyxsius-, Taky, Zevares and 2 others like this

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Free-aimers don't whine, we take the piss. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Free-aimers don't whine, we take the piss. 

You`re in the wrong game, though.

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I like free aim when playing with my crew and friends because I don't have to worry about accidentally locking onto them when I try to shoot. To me I really don't care if people hate free aim or auto aim its their choice and my opinion is irrelevant in the matter haha.
  • Magick and Miss Malevolent like this

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

I was playing a team deathmatch - 1 life only (forget what it's called) yesterday and I thought I'd be smart and jump in a jeep and try reversing towards this other player, but nope, made me a sitting duck and he auto-locked and killed me within a second. It just looked pathetic.

I'm definitely going to go into free aim lobbies now, I would've earlier but without the bonus, there's no incentive imo.

Sorry if this is a bit of a daft question but to get into freeaim lobbies, do you just toggle it on SP mode and jump into online?
Cheers.

• Deadly Target likes this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

The aim choice of someone doesn't affect others in any way yet people find a way to whine.

I take it you don't play much free aim game modes.

Auto Aim paying the same rewards pushes a lot of players to simply NOT bother with free aim.  And causes free aim to have less players because their is NO risk vs reward.  At least this fixes it a little bit.

Also. Why the f*ck should I be getting the same reward as people using an aim bot?

Its not 'whine' its reality.

Because it is your choice. It is whine, and your whining got your way.

Congrats.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

I was playing a team deathmatch - 1 life only (forget what it's called) yesterday and I thought I'd be smart and jump in a jeep and try reversing towards this other player, but nope, made me a sitting duck and he auto-locked and killed me within a second. It just looked pathetic.

I'm definitely going to go into free aim lobbies now, I would've earlier but without the bonus, there's no incentive imo.

Sorry if this is a bit of a daft question but to get into freeaim lobbies, do you just toggle it on SP mode and jump into online?
Cheers.

Toggle in SP menu, then go online. Matchmaker will throw you into free aim lobbies.

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

WhyYouMad?
  • WhyYouMad?

Nice!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

yes! they recognize people with actual skill now

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

I hoped it would shut up the free aim internet bad boys but I still see just as many threads similar to: Auto-aim is for X, Free aim deserves 3x money and RP. The aim choice of someone doesn't affect others in any way yet people find a way to whine.

Except you see the a similar form of elitism from auto-aimers too.

"Sorry I play AA cuz I has lyf lolol gb2 call of dooty"

Both sides need to STFU and use broken bottles.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

I never see any of these "look at me im better than you' threads.

I usually see a bunch of very emotional and uptight auto aim players insulting the crap out of free aim players.  Which in the end resorts to free aimers telling them to stick their aim bot up their ass.  I mean, where else is there to go with a conversation like that?

No one thinks they are better... They just think auto aim is f*ckin' flat out retarded.  Auto aimers take that sh*t personally and lose their minds.

Free Aimer makes a comment.  Auto Aimer weirdo claims he is an elitist douche that should die.... Free Aimers tells them learn how to f*ckin' play you stupid noob.  Its an endless cycle that can be stopped if Auto Aim mental cases just kept their damn mouth shut in the first place.

And this isn't about all auto aimers.  Just the really wacked out mental cases that visit this forums.    Im sure most auto aimers with a brain would agree that free aim takes more effort, skill and deserves better payouts.   You'd be dumb as a box of rocks not to agree.

But what I said stands...from my objective observation...that this is about bragging rights. It's not about challenging yourself. It's not about, reward for it's own rewards sake...or any of the other malarky I've heard in these endless debates. It was always about getting some shiny Rockstar on a forehead...and bully for those who are going to get that 25%.

I never brag about free aim and never really see anyone else brag either.  Infact its funny thay only R* games even have these kinds of silly Auto Aim vs Free Aim arguments.

Its because manual aim is the norm in any game, especially in online games.  Slap on an aim bot that can manually lock on to targets it comes off as pretty much cheating.  Except R* made this an option.  And made it split the player base. 

Thing is 99% of all games don't allow auto aim. So its not that anyone is bragging.  They're are more like WTF and why? 

I mean for me, I don't care if it takes me 5 hours to shoot something.  Auto Aim is a red line I just won't cross, like eating babies... 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Why should I handycap myself more than necessary? I will wait for the PC Version. THERE and only there I will free aim.

These comments make me laugh.  As if you need a mouse and keyboard just so you can be waaaaaaaaay more accurate or the wittle baby won't play.  Boooo hooo you missed and wasted some bullet.  Some body give him his auto aim bottle before he misses some more.  :D  

Besides why would you want to handicap your driving with a mouse and keyboard? 

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

I will however be entering free aim servers with auto-shotty spray and pray.  You get to witness my amazing console skill in the form of not being able to aim well without a mouse and using an OP shotty to compensate.

• Zevares likes this

Archetype13
  • Archetype13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by Archetype13, 12 December 2013 - 06:54 AM.

I haven't ventured into a free aim server for myself yet so I have a question. Does the AI in free aim still allow npcs to continuously drill you with expert marksman-like smg fire from 2-3 blocks away...while driving...and cutting tight corners? If not, then I might have to make the leap myself. I rarely engage in pvp on this game as I'm just not into 3rd person pvp, but I generaly rely on auto-aim to even the playing field with all the seemingly special forces-trained npcs.

• Trenchfoot321 likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

I haven't ventured into a free aim server for myself yet so I have a question. Does the AI in free aim still allow npcs to continuously drill you with expert marksman-like smg fire from 2-3 blocks away...while driving...and cutting tight corners? If not, then I might have to make the leap myself. I rarely engage in pvp on this game as I'm just not into 3rd person pvp, but I generaly rely on auto-aim to even the playing field with all the seemingly special forces-trained npcs.

NPCs are the same in free aim as they are in auto aim.  Only difference is that you no longer have auto aim.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

These comments make me laugh.  As if you need a mouse and keyboard just so you can be waaaaaaaaay more accurate or the wittle baby won't play.  Boooo hooo you missed and wasted some bullet.  Some body give him his auto aim bottle before he misses some more.  :D  

Besides why would you want to handicap your driving with a mouse and keyboard? 

http://kotaku.com/55...360-online-play

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

Mouse IS better than the controller for aiming. Always has been.

• Trenchfoot321 and Zevares like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users