Photo

Car Dupe / Money Glitch post 1.07 solution

70 replies to this topic
DDBX337
  • DDBX337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

Me and a crew member just filled his empty slots up with dupes of his franklin buffalo. He in turn sold a buffalo for the $128k. We weren't testing a waiting period but the method worked.

I did it with my Sentinel XS maxed, selling for $123k. You don't have to have empty slots but it makes it easy.

To do this You need a garage, a friend with ammo and a car to sell. Have your friend stand by the garage door. Drive in. As soon as the tractor beam starts and you drive in, have them shoot you in the head. When you respawn, have them hold your car for you. Enter your garage to verify the dupe. Walk out, sell. Repeat as time permits.
  • Argonaut and lone killer like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

Nice. Has anyone else had this work?

DDBX337
  • DDBX337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Lol apparently they're more caught up with selling that car for $19k profit than this.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by Malibu454, 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Lol apparently they're more caught up with selling that car for $19k profit than this.

They raised the price of that car to 65k
I'll take one to the head for this
The car you were driving in stays there and your friend pulls out your body and gets in?
Is that right?

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

i I noticed this last night, some guy killed me as i was driving in my garage. i spawned outside with my vet and i had a vet in my garage. i destroyed it, didn't need to supe that car, but now that i know i can dupe other cars to sell whoot!

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 11 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

They can easily fix this by making the person entering the garage go instantly into passive mode as soon as the animation is triggered. On a side note, there's nothing stopping the person from entering the garage, exiting to the dashboard as soon as the animation is triggered and being invited back into the session which should also work for duping....duping only requires the animation to be halted/interrupted somehow.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

They can easily fix this by making the person entering the garage go instantly into passive mode as soon as the animation is triggered. On a side note, there's nothing stopping the person from entering the garage, exiting to the dashboard as soon as the animation is triggered and being invited back into the session which should also work for duping....duping only requires the animation to be halted/interrupted somehow.

Which should happen anyway, getting killed while having no control over your character as he slowly meanders his way into the garage is bullcrap.

• biggsull likes this

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

im curious if this works with super cars bought post patch?

can you buy an adder, fully upgrade it, dupe it, then sell the dupe'd adder? seems like this might be the best new method to make money if it works.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

im curious if this works with super cars bought post patch?

can you buy an adder, fully upgrade it, dupe it, then sell the dupe'd adder? seems like this might be the best new method to make money if it works.

No it doesn't.

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Has anyone tested the dashboard method for this?

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

so what cars can be duped? or was this thread complete bullsh*t? i know it happened to me i was in a corquette that was purchased pre-patch. so maybe thats the why it was dupable.

lexustt
  • lexustt

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

You can dupe the premium vehicles but you can only sell the original one. So this method will not net you any money. Only allow you to get premium cars for roughly half price when you account for the money you make back selling the original

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

You could earn money by selling fully moded non-premium cars though, correct?  Dupe a bunch of shafters or whatever and earn roughly 100K per sale.  More time consuming now, but still can get funds if you need them.

FirearmRage
  • FirearmRage

Tool

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

You can dupe the premium vehicles but you can only sell the original one. So this method will not net you any money. Only allow you to get premium cars for roughly half price when you account for the money you make back selling the original

But you can't even sell premium vehicles.  The patch notes might say you can, but if you try it, you'll find the same old "Sorry, we don't take cars over $50,000."

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

But you can't even sell premium vehicles.  The patch notes might say you can, but if you try it, you'll find the same old "Sorry, we don't take cars over $50,000."

If you buy a premium vehicle post-patch, those are sellable.  So buy, dupe, sell, dupe, sell, dupe, sell... take a break, smoke weed, go on GTAForums forget what you are doing, write posts about Chimps being People, think about Game of Thrones, fall asleep, wake up, dupe, sell, dupe, sell... whoops... I sh*t the bed...

• whiiteyyyy and Time2pack1 like this

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Anyone on Xbox want to partner up and do this? I'm on now GT is ProffPoonPirate

AJ-in-JAX
  • AJ-in-JAX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by AJ-in-JAX, 11 December 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Sure sounds a hell of a lot easier than buying a new apartment.

(waiting for confirmation)

And even if you can't sell super cars you'd still be able to sell a car that brings in $117K every hour for easy money.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I tried this and lost my car, whay am i doing wrong
  • whiiteyyyy likes this

DDBX337
  • DDBX337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Did you verify it was in your garage first?  You might have been shot too soon.  I go check first so I don't sell my 1 off.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

bipolarzebra
  • bipolarzebra

R.I.P. Police Vehicles

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

good find. keep us updated

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

yea it duped it but when i sold it, i lost it

Davidq19
  • Davidq19

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Anyone want to try this? I'll be on for an hour or so, PSN thricefanatic19

lexustt
  • lexustt

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Ok so you have to dupe the car then drive the duped car in the garage. That is key. You will lose the car if you do not do this part. So you obviously have to have a free spot. You can then srll either of the non premium cars. As far as premium cars go if you buy an added for 1 million you can sell THAT adder for 600k thus you would have no adder and be less 400k. If you duoe the adder you cannot sell the duped one. It will not let you. Don't waste your time trying to insure it to see if that is the reason. This will not work for premium vehicles. What you can do with the premium cars is bug say an adder for 1 million. Upgrade it to the max. That will cost you roughly 1.4 million up front. Dupe the car. Store it. Sell the original for 760k this recouping half. Insure the duped one for 125k. You have a fully modded adder for 800k roughly.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Me and a crew member just filled his empty slots up with dupes of his franklin buffalo. He in turn sold a buffalo for the $128k. We weren't testing a waiting period but the method worked.

I did it with my Sentinel XS maxed, selling for $123k. You don't have to have empty slots but it makes it easy.

To do this You need a garage, a friend with ammo and a car to sell. Have your friend stand by the garage door. Drive in. As soon as the tractor beam starts and you drive in, have them shoot you in the head. When you respawn, have them hold your car for you. Enter your garage to verify the dupe. Walk out, sell. Repeat as time permits.

Jesus! The extent people will go for a couple of game dollars...smdh buy a f*cking cash card already. Its really getting ridiculous.

bipolarzebra
  • bipolarzebra

R.I.P. Police Vehicles

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Jesus! The extent people will go for a couple of game dollars...smdh buy a f*cking cash card already. Its really getting ridiculous.

I plan to use it as an easier method of duping cars for people. dont judge

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

What are the extreme extents you refer to? This is less than half the trouble some of the previous glitches were. And i cant speak for anyone else but buying cash cards is not an option for many.

Surak
  • Surak

Syrrannite

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

What are the extreme extents you refer to? This is less than half the trouble some of the previous glitches were. And i cant speak for anyone else but buying cash cards is not an option for many.

Plus I already bought the game.  I'm not giving them money for nothing... virtual sh*t isn't real, I ain't payin' for it. 

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Believe me, im far from judging...never have, but it seems there are more threads of glitching some how than actual game play talk. The best glitches are gone, the legit glitch war should be done. To keep pulling smaller and smaller rabbits out of the hat is ridiculous. To each his own, however, i can see thread titles by the time patch 1.09 comes out... "New money glitch to earn $50 grand in 6 hours, youll need 4 people, a submarine and a hooker". I never had a problem with glitchers or legits, but if you didnt get in while it was hot, just play the game already. JMO!
  • Mr Shakotan and Time2pack1 like this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thx for info
Just to get this straight.
The non premium car your friend gets in after he pops you has no tracker and he can keep/sell or whatever.??
And your original spawns in garage?
So where do you spawn in garage or around corner?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Malibu454, 12 December 2013 - 02:10 AM.

hey Brooklyn dude
I'm out on the island.
Well, when R* starts taking away your 300k Ratloader for no good reason some people want to recoup that money faster
Or share their coolest custom cars with friends
Or hook up lower level friend with some $ so they can buy a pad of their own.

• brooklyn718 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users