No Man's Sky (Destiny's Child)

111 replies to this topic
OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by OysterBarron, 3 weeks ago.

all we've seen is the starter ships and variants of it, but there has been no word on if there are bigger ships as far as i'm aware. I've seen larger CPU controlled ships but no confirmation that they will be able to be used or brought by players.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...works-ign-first

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

TPI - Paleto Bay Chapter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This game seems like a nice concept and all but I want to see some interplanetary empire building. I want to be able to upgrade to a ship the size of the USS Sulaco!

Eve: Online has huge factions and lots of big spaceships, but it's a top-down game. Not sure if you can do that in Elite: Dangerous. Maybe Star Citizen will allow that.

Thanks for the info sir! Too bad Star Citizen seems to be in sort of a developmental crisis with its executive producer quitting. It sounds like a very promising prospect!

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Star Citizen is not a video game.

it's a highly successful and robust Ponzi Scheme. don't waste your time on that bullish/t.

get Elite: Dangerous if you need something to hold you over until NMS goes live.

• A.O.D.88 likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Has there been any news on NMS coming to PC? Or is it still PS4 exclusive?

X3 >>> elite dangerous

Also like 1/6 the price.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Last thing I heard was it is simultaneous release on pc and ps4 allthough sony are making it out to seem like it's there little exclusive baby.
  • Killerdude8 likes this

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Oh what a thread! WHAT A LOVELY THREAD!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Has there been any news on NMS coming to PC? Or is it still PS4 exclusive?

X3 >>> elite dangerous

Also like 1/6 the price.

This could be wrong, but I heard it's a timed-exclusive for PS4. It should be coming to PC at some point.

• Killerdude8 likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OysterBarron, 2 weeks ago.

new video :)

• El Diablo, RedDagger, Raavi and 1 other like this

lolznc
  • lolznc

dreamin' of Vice City, FL

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by lolznc, 2 weeks ago.

I am so looking forward to this game's release....whenever that is. It just looks so good. It's exactly my type of thing: exploration. And I'm so glad there is going to be a physical release.......as long I I don't need PS Plus to play it I'm good

• OysterBarron likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I need this game in my life.

lolznc
  • lolznc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I need this game in my life.

All good things to those.......who wait :happy:

Actually, no. F*ck that. This is the most important thing. I need this. Like, right now.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

So, no Xbox one release?

lolznc
  • lolznc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I believe not, no. They have confirmed PS4 and PC, but there is no mention of Xbone. Sorry  :pp 

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

From what I've been seeing it does appear to be coming to ps4 first. There are multiple sources that state opposing details about what platform is going to receive it first or are saying it's a simultaneous release so really I've no clue on the official line.

Part of me really wants to wait for the PC release but I recon I will buckle and get the ps4 version first if it does go there first. I'm so damn hyped for this game every video that comes out explaining more about the concept just has me drooling at the lips.
  • lolznc likes this

lolznc
  • lolznc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

From what I've been seeing it does appear to be coming to ps4 first. There are multiple sources that state opposing details about what platform is going to receive it first or are saying it's a simultaneous release so really I've no clue on the official line.

Part of me really wants to wait for the PC release but I recon I will buckle and get the ps4 version first if it does go there first. I'm so damn hyped for this game every video that comes out explaining more about the concept just has me drooling at the lips.

I just wish they'd announce the release date. I can't stand the excitement as it is, but not knowing when it's going to be released is excruciating. And I'm terrified that there won't be enough copies of the game on the first run, now that Sony has handed their resources to Hello Games to bring NMS onto disk.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well that's a shame. I'm not completely sold on the game yet, but it does look interesting and it is something I want to keep my eye on in the future. However, if it doesn't release for Xbox one then I doubt I'll ever get it.

zzr
  • zzr

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Really excited about this game, since I've gotten my PS4 I haven't really touched it but this game looks like its going to change that. 

• lolznc likes this

lolznc
  • lolznc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, I see that No Man's Sky was number 1 sci-fi game on Amazon when I peordered my PS4 copy. Honestly I'm not surprised, if it's as enjoyable as it looks. What's the general consensus on release date - late this year? 

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by OysterBarron, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah last thing I hears is late this year but I've also heard rumors after e3 that it would be next year but that was on a podcast and even though the people played the game a lot of facts they were getting wrong.

don't know how i missed this one. It's part 2 from the initial video ign put up.

lol

pkp8MmY.png

• El Diablo and lolznc like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

see everything they keep showing is so closely guarded at this point.

up to now the game really feels more like an Anthropology Simulator than anything, but clearly there are supposed to be some deep science-fiction-action elements that become very important as part of the 'endgame' stage. like so far all we've seen is some very pleasant exploration in some relatively alien environments populated with passive/peaceful fauna and relatively familiar looking flora.

we haven't been introduced yet to the story.

apparently there's some large-scale organized conflicts going on between intelligent races with megaships and hyperdrives and everyone is racing to the center of the galaxy. why? we don't know anything yet about factions or alliances or major characters or anything really.

playing Robinson Crusoe on alien worlds is fine and all. and that'll be fun for awhile.

but I think I get the idea now, too. pretty soon I really wanna' see less Dora the Explora and more Star Wars.

lolznc
  • lolznc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

see everything they keep showing is so closely guarded at this point.

up to now the game really feels more like an Anthropology Simulator than anything, but clearly there are supposed to be some deep science-fiction-action elements that become very important as part of the 'endgame' stage. like so far all we've seen is some very pleasant exploration in some relatively alien environments populated with passive/peaceful fauna and relatively familiar looking flora.

we haven't been introduced yet to the story.

apparently there's some large-scale organized conflicts going on between intelligent races with megaships and hyperdrives and everyone is racing to the center of the galaxy. why? we don't know anything yet about factions or alliances or major characters or anything really.

playing Robinson Crusoe on alien worlds is fine and all. and that'll be fun for awhile.

but I think I get the idea now, too. pretty soon I really wanna' see less Dora the Explora and more Star Wars.

I think the main appeal of the game is that there are so many ways you can play it - miner, trader, explorer, scavenger, pirate etc. I don't know if there even is a story, there must be but from what we've heard its more exploration based than narrative driven.

For some reason I'm reminded of a Doctor Who episode on an inhospitable planet who were fighting to get to the centre of the planet to get to this mysterious item - they didn't know what. When they found the item it turned out to be a terraform device or something to change the atmosphere of the planet to make the air breatheable. I reckon it's a similar case here: nobody knows what is at the centre of the galaxy but for some reason they are drawn towards it, and conflict has broken out of different factions fight each other to get to the centre first. 

Then again, it would be silly to reveal too much about the story before the release of the game. I'll still play it whatever, as for me the game seems plenty action packed by the AI to be enjoyable for a long time. I mean, it combines space exploration with space battles, and curiosity will be the main prompt for me to play. 

zzr
  • zzr

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 9 hours ago

Recently saw the IGN videos and this game just fascinates me the more I see it. Recently read this too http://blog.us.plays...ut-no-mans-sky/ It boggles my mind that a game like this can even exist.   

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 3 hours ago Edited by El Diablo, 3 hours ago.

wow that's awesome.

so basically the highlights are:

• No Man's Sky has 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets in the universe. if you visit each one for a single second, it will take you 585 billion years to see them all
  • in NMS the world is generated at the point you visit it. leave and it’s all thrown away, but if you return it is regenerated again exactly as it was. this also means the game will be completely playable offline
  • even though the universe is persistent, NMS is not really an MMO, everyone is going to be super far apart, and it’s super unlikely that people will even visit the same planets
  • as for the storyline, there are no cutscenes and no characters, but there is one big objective: getting to the center of the universe. and different factions are each working towards that goal
  • factions compete for territory across the entire universe. you can choose to help one faction and it may reward you or attack another and it won't forget. but you can also try to avoid conflict completely and be a trader, or scientist, or builder, etc.
  • there is a type of Wanted System, but not every planet or galaxy is patrolled, some areas are lawless like the Wild West
  • animals and planets have daily routines, day/night cycles, and patterns of behavior based on their food-chain and the particular conditions of that planet
  • some planets are toxic, some are barren, and some are like Earth; then everything in-between, water worlds, frozen worlds, lava worlds, underground worlds, floating worlds, hanging worlds, civilized worlds, primitive worlds, and of course there are large space stations and artificial worlds scattered around planets and solar systems
  • there's a jetpack, variety of weapons and tools, upgrades for ships and tools and weapons and spacesuits, etc

pretty damn ambitious.

can't wait to finally begin playing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users