Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

Loners.

Okay, apart from those guys.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by Agni, 18 June 2014 - 05:52 AM.

I'm amazed how no one has heard of Noctis.

Look it up, it's a DOS-coded game by this one Italian dude which is basically this but with crappy graphics. It features a completely unique galaxy with 8 billion stars and well over 100 billion planets. It's also free, but you need to either find a windows port or run it through DOSbox.

Regardless I'm hype for this game. But everyone's acting like this has never been done before when it has.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 14 July 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Some good videos done by gamespot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUuseb1MpM

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 26 August 2014 - 06:17 PM.

I know guys have already talked about this but I haven't seen numbers.

Head Blown Fact: There are 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 possible planets in No Man's Sky. It would take us 585 billion years to discover every planet in No Man's Sky on PS4.

http://blog.eu.plays...140826_30474526

The more I read about this game, the more I'm leaning on getting it. The last game I played even remotely like this was way back in the day. It was called Star Fox 64. Yeah, its been awhile.

On another note, you know some guy or group of guys will try and visit them all just to prove them wrong. God I wish I had the time those guys have. I'm lucky to get on for one hour a day.

"I think there is an easter egg on that last planet, better go see" Just kidding. LOL

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Head Blown Fact: There are 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 possible planets in No Man's Sky. It would take us 585 billion years to discover every planet in No Man's Sky on PS4.

http://blog.eu.plays...140826_30474526

The more I read about this game, the more I'm leaning on getting it. The last game I played even remotely like this was way back in the day. It was called Star Fox 64. Yeah, its been awhile.

But what about PC , some modders can discover that in 5 years I guess /: 

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Head Blown Fact: There are 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 possible planets in No Man's Sky. It would take us 585 billion years to discover every planet in No Man's Sky on PS4.http://blog.eu.plays...140826_30474526

But what about PC , some modders can discover that in 5 years I guess /:

Assuming a modder could view one planet from orbit every second after five years he would have only seen 157,680,000 of planet variants in the game. Good guess but your way out.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 26 August 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Random question but does anyone think we'll find gas giants in this game? I'd love to fly through a giant ball of gas with life threatening lightning storms and insane winds within.

EDIT: And how about suns? Hopefully they are actually suns and have the power to burn us to death is we fly into it..

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

the game seems to be more focused on biological and terrestrial diversity than astronomical diversity.

so I'm going to guess no.

you might get to discover some basic cosmic events like meteors or stars at different stages of development, but I don't think the game has as much depth in that regard as it does for smaller events on a more local scale.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:10 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 26 August 2014 - 10:24 PM.

That's a real shame, eventually the lack of gas planets or sun like stars will start to get annoying for me.

EDIT:

This whole video was a good watch, i especially liked this quote though...

"You start in a galaxy, and then you're trying to get to the center of that galaxy. And then when you do, something happens, that is worth while seeking out, but the game doesn't end there."

I should stress that a lot of the video was about how the game has no set goal and you're not supposed to do anything to play properly. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Random question but does anyone think we'll find gas giants in this game? I'd love to fly through a giant ball of gas with life threatening lightning storms and insane winds within.

EDIT: And how about suns? Hopefully they are actually suns and have the power to burn us to death is we fly into it..

Unless this game has some degree of reality, then flying through a gas giant would crush you the closer you get to the center.

And I think you mean stars? I'm pretty sure there will be stars as well as planets. Wouldn't make sense not to. Most planets form around stars, but are sometimes flung out into deep space because of close orbiting gas giants.

Also depending on the ship, I'm sure you'd burn to death well before you come close to the surface of a star. Even to the red dwarfs which are cooler than regular stars like our Sun.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

The biggest question I have that hasn't been broached at all in any interview is if there will be any intelligent life in the early stages actually growing on planets that you discover.

They have spoke about other fleets and space stations so I assume there is other life out there but I'd like to see maybe cavemen, or pirates sailing alien seas. Basically other cultures at different stages of development.

We've seen plenty of variations on animals fish and dinosaurs but haven't seen any type of humanoids on planets yet.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'm guessing there's no "intelligent" life aside from other players and possible NPC characters.

you're talking about possibly encountering creatures that are like humans but not human, based on the random fauna generation on each planet.

there's probably some pretty advanced lifeforms, but from everything we've been shown so far, they're likely just wild/feral creatures.

it doesn't seem like there's going to be any intelligent aliens to deal with unless they're just another surprise that hasn't been unveiled.

the developers have been hinting at some mysterious but significant discovery that players will make when they eventually reach the center of the galaxy. maybe this is a clue that there's some other kind of advanced civilization to be found. maybe reaching the center of the galaxy triggers some massive event like an intergalactic war between different space factions. who knows...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:53 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 27 August 2014 - 03:55 AM.

I hope the small dev team takes their time with this game. The hype is getting bad. What I mean by that is it's getting to a point where it's so high that people are going to possibly be really disappointed at release.

Personally, even if this game turns out to be 90% exploration I'll be happy. But that's just me. Other people have higher expectations.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

yeah, i think you'll find i said sun like stars in one of my posts, and as for basing the game on reality, i would hope it would be loosely based to allow some sort of exploration inside the gas giants, im sure the devs imagination could stretch to make some sort of space craft upgrade, making you able to withstand high pressures, etc.

Unless this game has some degree of reality, then flying through a gas giant would crush you the closer you get to the center.

And I think you mean stars? I'm pretty sure there will be stars as well as planets. Wouldn't make sense not to. Most planets form around stars, but are sometimes flung out into deep space because of close orbiting gas giants.

Also depending on the ship, I'm sure you'd burn to death well before you come close to the surface of a star. Even to the red dwarfs which are cooler than regular stars like our Sun.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

What I want to know is, apart from exploration what else do you do in this game?

Anything traditional like in other space sims like trading, mining, pirating, bounty hunting, police enforcement? 

I know there will be PVP but seeing as their epeening to make the game world massive to the point of ridiculousness, encountering other players might be a rare opportunity...assuming that everyone spawns in random locations.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Well I know you can mine. The mining is set out so you can mine a substance from one planet and then get another substance from another planet combine them to make rare ores that you can then sell at space stations for varying prices. Bountys I think are confirmed for hunting down wanted factions for other factions. You can also attack anyone you please but they have advised that may not be very wise from the beggining in your starter ship.

You can buy new ships when at space stations but only ships that are currently docked at that station. You will also be able to upgrade your "omni tool weapon" and I think your charachter as for your ship I'm not to sure.

If you befriend a certain faction then there's a chance they will send out Ai ships to help you every now and again.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Okay so mining, bounty hunting, and trading.

Sounds like your typical space sim but with a ridiculously massive playing space.

I hope the PC version will have TrackIR support. If it does then I just might buy it when it comes out.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

They've been testing out oculus rift with the game so I imagine they would be looking at trackir also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users