Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why was Michael just laying in the back of the car?

28 replies to this topic
Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

Doing a replay of the story for GTA V, I've reached the mission "Complications", where Franklin and Michael first properly meet. Now it's got me thinking, why the hell was Michael just laying the back of Jimmy's new car? It just seems pretty odd that Michael, of all people, would simply be doing that.

I may be over thinking such a trivial matter, yet it's just something that bugs the hell out of me.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

He knew something was fishy about Jimmy's new car.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Haha I was going to make a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Yeah I don't know what he was doing. Maybe he need some private time and  masturbated in the back seat. :ph34r:

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

haha never thought about it like that, maybe he got scared when he saw franklin in his house and hid in the car.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

The dialogue seems to suggest he saw Franklin sneak around the house and had a pretty good guess of what he came for so he decided to wait for him in the car.

• SmoothGetaway and lazy. like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Perhaps he knew Franklin was coming for the car so he waited in the back seat.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

The dialogue seems to suggest he saw Franklin sneak around the house and had a pretty good guess of what he came for so he decided to wait for him in the car.

That's what I thought - intentionally hiding, to catch Franklin n the act of repo-ing the car. 

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Of course he knew, this master of stealth clearly saw or heard Franklin. There's a reason Micheal was a successful bank robber.

• luisniko likes this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by Badass Big J, 10 December 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Haha I was going to make a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. Yeah I don't know what he was doing. Maybe he need some private time and  masturbated in the back seat. :ph34r:

wtf

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

It's pretty obvious. He's a clued up guy, he saw or heard Franklin climbing into the building, realised he was there to take Jimmy's stupid ugly car back, and got in. Realising that this was more than just the average Repo Man, he offered him an opportunity. 

It's a ham fisted way of introducing Michael, IMO, but there we go. That's his intro, and it's kind of balls. 

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well, he knew about the ridiculous monthly payment, which he probably had to shell out, so he spent his days hiding in the back seat waiting for a repo man to come along!

Yeah, it is pretty funny. Maybe we're supposed to think he was upstairs and saw Franklin through a window or something. I don't know how else they could explain that he was in the vehicle first. Still, even that doesn't cut it - "Oh no, somebody's creeping around my lawn and just knocked out the gardener! I bet he's here for the vehicle, because on tv, repo men always knock out unsuspecting gardeners first."

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Michael had a feeling that the car would be repossessed knowing that Jimmy didn't have any source of income in order to make the repayments.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Any one tried checking the back of the car BEFORE climbing in the window, to see if he's already there?

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

I, myself, actually assumed he was trying to get a break from his family and was hiding but I think you guys are right. He cued in on Franklin walking around his house and set up in the back of the car.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Any one tried checking the back of the car BEFORE climbing in the window, to see if he's already there?

You can't, because the garage is locked.

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I think he was depressed and slept on jimmy car when Amanda was cheating on Mike.

What Im thinking.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

he's a seasoned criminal, he for sure saw franklin sneaking in.

luisniko
  • luisniko

McWendy's Fried Chicken

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

There's a big cloth like blanket covering the whole back seat

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

The folks got some problems with this one because for some kind of reason Micheal wouldn't listen to the programmers. He would just shoot Franklin down but then some dude from the good old east said something to Micheal and then Micheal seem to start listening again. They discovered that something was wrong with the code because Micheal seem to disagree with a lot of things. Oh and not to mention the drama in 86, not going to mention the drama of it. Also some times Micheal checks his phone while in the fast food restaurant he did that on his own. So another dude from the good old north came and saw the drama that he caused so he said to the code something that wasn't so nice. And suddenly Micheal started to listen again, don't know how they did it.

Oh but to answer your question, Micheal probably saw him.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

The folks got some problems with this one because for some kind of reason Micheal wouldn't listen to the programmers. He would just shoot Franklin down but then some dude from the good old east said something to Micheal and then Micheal seem to start listening again. They discovered that something was wrong with the code because Micheal seem to disagree with a lot of things. Oh and not to mention the drama in 86, not going to mention the drama of it. Also some times Micheal checks his phone while in the fast food restaurant he did that on his own. So another dude from the good old north came and saw the drama that he caused so he said to the code something that wasn't so nice. And suddenly Micheal started to listen again, don't know how they did it.

You owe me twelve brain cells.

• Nick Testbranch and Ixnay like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by Xerukal, 10 December 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Oh but to answer your question, Micheal probably saw him.

Micheal

Micheal

Micheal

It's MICHAEL.

Also It's not funny. 

• Nick Testbranch and SCOOBASTEEB like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

You owe me twelve brain cells.

Twelve brain cells? Heavens, i hope your ok.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

It always seemed like Michael had figured out what the hell was going on, and waited.

The scene was supposed to show how experienced Michael is, and how much of a rookie Franklin is at the time.

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

You wanna do the dance, for old times sake?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I had thought that maybe he had slept in the car, since his marriage with Amanda was falling through. I thought that it was at a point where he wasn't sleeping in bed with her any more and had decided to sleep in the car. Now that I think about it, that explanation doesn't make much sense :lol: I'm guessing the explanation of him seeing Franklin was correct. 

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

That still doesn't explain why someone would hide in a car. I'm not sure if you are meaning that Michael was scared but he wasn't the kind of guy whom would hide in a car. He killed people and experienced far worse consequences. Somehow, he probably saw it coming and knew the car was going to be stolen. The dialogue doesn't match why Michael would of seen it coming - "Unlikely, seeing as my son just bought the car" - Ask Rockstar on that one.  :^:

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 10 December 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Micheal sees you when you (Franklin) are sneaking around the house, knocking out his gardner and sh*t.  If you look while sneaking around the back, I bet he is at one of the 2nd story windows.

DrDetroit

Tomy1986
  • Tomy1986

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

If this had been GTA IV, I would have said that Michael was planning to suicide by suffocation, but since this game is more light-hearted and goofy, I'd say that he was feeling a bit depressed and found somewhere "peaceful" to take a nap: Jimmy's new car.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Obviously he saw Franklin, realised that Jimmy was given credit for an expensive car way too easily and put two and two together to realise that he was there for the car and the whole thing was a pre-planned con. Michael's a clever man.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

I wondered about it too, but when you sneak into the house what are the first things you hear? Ji!my and Tracy arguing, and Amanda with her tennis coach.

I think its because he hates his home life, he's sick of his family and knows the only way he can take a nap I to hide out in the back of Jimmy's new car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users