Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Biohazard Abyss.

The ultimate mask  :beerhat:

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:50 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 10 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.

I wanted to post the whole scene, but couldn't find it.

Found the episode here. The joke is at 3:00.

http://www.watchcart...s-built-for-two

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Some girls use revealing gamertags(miss, babe, girl), and I guess they do it for attention?
But I get the impression that most girls have normal gamertags that are not that revealing. All of you have probably played with a lot of girls without even knowing at all. 

Its not weird that you think there are few girls playing, when you think that all the girls have "miss", "babe" or "girl" in their gamertags :p

So the rapper Method Man only has "man" in his name for attention?

Rubbish logic :p There's nothing wrong with indicating your gender in a username.

No I don't think he does that. But I think a lot of girls do it for attention, I know girls and how their head works sometimes. 
I'm not saying its wrong though, but it's lame.

On the other hand I don't think girls should have to hide the fact that they are girls, that shouldn't be necessary. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Exactly, they have every right to do so and making up reasons for their intent is oppressive and discourages their free will.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

My next gamertag will be "Buff Guy 420 Yolo"

My next psn will be "Take_this_d_ck"

Manly enough?

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Exactly, they have every right to do so and making up reasons for their intent is oppressive and discourages their free will.

Who said that they didn't have the right to do it?

• zH00NIGAN likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Who said that they didn't have the right to do it?

Nobody did, I was saying that by making up negative reasons why a female would choose such a name discourages them from exercising this right in fear of ridicule/prejudice, effectively taking that right away.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 10 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Nobody did, I was saying that by making up negative reasons why a female would choose such a name discourages them from exercising this right in fear of ridicule/prejudice, effectively taking that right away.

If you're afraid to exercise a right, then you don't have it to begin with.

People having a 'right' to express themselves is a two-way street, and yes that includes ridiculing others.

As an aside: what do you think rights are and where do they originate? Honest, sincere question.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Best Gamertag I ever saw was on MW2, years ago.

GayGamerHorny4u

I died laughing.

I rarely laugh at Gamertags, but "Hold X To Poop" on BF4 a few days ago made me chuckle.

• senormidget and philupblunt like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:44 AM Edited by senormidget, 10 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

If you're afraid to exercise a right, then you don't have it to begin with.

People having a 'right' to express themselves is a two-way street, and yes that includes ridiculing others.

As an aside: what do you think rights are and where do they originate? Honest, sincere question.

In my eyes a right is something that every person is entitled to without infringing on the rights of others i.e you have a right to racist opinions but by expressing and acting upon them you are infringing upon the rights of that person to not be discriminated against.

It's a massive grey area and yeah everybody is entitled to their opinions but if expressing that opinion has no purpose other than to oppress somebody else, why not just keep it to yourself?

A woman announcing her gender harms nobody, discouraging a woman from doing this harms the entire gender by further cementing the sexist attitudes that are rife in today's world.

p.s I'm not having a go at anybody here or pointing any fingers, I just don't think we should needlessly stereotype people in a harmful way.

• a20characterusername likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

In my eyes a right is something that every person is entitled to without infringing on the rights of others i.e you have a right to racist opinions but by expressing and acting upon them you are infringing upon the rights of that person to not be discriminated against.

It's a massive grey area and yeah everybody is entitled to their opinions but if expressing that opinion has no purpose other than to oppress somebody else, why not just keep it to yourself?

A woman announcing her gender harms nobody, discouraging a woman from doing this harms the entire gender by further cementing the sexist attitudes that are rife in today's world.

p.s I'm not having a go at anybody here or pointing any fingers, I just don't think we should needlessly stereotype people in a harmful way.

Thanks for the civil response, a rarity in these parts. ;0

For your first point, I can agree with that, but speaking of grey areas, what is considered 'oppression' is one of those. Having a feeling or two hurt by some stranger in a game isn't what I'd call oppression. IMO, oppression requires the initiation of force, not name-calling (although it could be argued that degrading someone/a group by slapping labels on them is using force...I guess. /shrug)

As for your "harms the entire gender" point; I disagree. Women (and men) aren't some hive-minded collective; they're individuals. To me, *that* is sexism. Also keep in mind that any slight against an individual, whether real or percieved to be real, has a tendency to be blown up into that individual somehow representing whichever 'group(s)' they belong to. Of course, that can be partially blamed on sensationalist media outlets, but that's a topic for another time, heh.

As for your final point; the idealist in me agrees wholeheartedly, but people will always stereotype, because the human brain likes to compartmentilize everything. Look at all the people on this board who've had one or two bad experiences in GTA:O-- suddenly everyone's a trolling, griefing asshat and yadda yadda.

• zH00NIGAN likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the civil response, a rarity in these parts. ;0

For your first point, I can agree with that, but speaking of grey areas, what is considered 'oppression' is one of those. Having a feeling or two hurt by some stranger in a game isn't what I'd call oppression. IMO, oppression requires the initiation of force, not name-calling (although it could be argued that degrading someone/a group by slapping labels on them is using force...I guess. /shrug)

As for your "harms the entire gender" point; I disagree. Women (and men) aren't some hive-minded collective; they're individuals. To me, *that* is sexism. Also keep in mind that any slight against an individual, whether real or percieved to be real, has a tendency to be blown up into that individual somehow representing whichever 'group(s)' they belong to. Of course, that can be partially blamed on sensationalist media outlets, but that's a topic for another time, heh.

As for your final point; the idealist in me agrees wholeheartedly, but people will always stereotype, because the human brain likes to compartmentilize everything. Look at all the people on this board who've had one or two bad experiences in GTA:O-- suddenly everyone's a trolling, griefing asshat and yadda yadda.

Yup I agree with a lot of your points and while stereotyping probably isn't going to go away, it can't hurt for as many people as possible to cut it out.

Re: Harming the entire gender, what I said is true, it's referred to as "normalisation" and while I can't explain it very well, this article does a good job.

My own short explanation: The more sexist behaviour people experience, the more "normal" it becomes, so every tiny sexist remark/attitude contributes to the wider problem, thus affecting the entire gender.

And on that note I'm going to bow out of this discussion, I think we've spammed up this thread enough and I really should get back to work, it's been nice talking to you though, great to have a proper discussion with someone who doesn't just get angry and start swearing. :)

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Yup I agree with a lot of your points and while stereotyping probably isn't going to go away, it can't hurt for as many people as possible to cut it out.

Re: Harming the entire gender, what I said is true, it's referred to as "normalisation" and while I can't explain it very well, this article does a good job.

My own short explanation: The more sexist behaviour people experience, the more "normal" it becomes, so every tiny sexist remark/attitude contributes to the wider problem, thus affecting the entire gender.

And on that note I'm going to bow out of this discussion, I think we've spammed up this thread enough and I really should get back to work, it's been nice talking to you though, great to have a proper discussion with someone who doesn't just get angry and start swearing. :)

Re: entire gender point; keep in mind that 'normalization' goes both ways. As in, it's now common (at least where I live) to assume that anytime a man so much as holds a door open for a woman, they're somehow being sexist/misogynist/label of the week. That sort of mindset is just going to flip the script, while ultimately solving nothing. Personally I'm not a fan of all the endless 'isms' to begin with, but I also realize that they're not going anywhere.

Not sure if you'll read this, but I figured I'd respond anyway. Take care!

• senormidget likes this

zH00NIGAN
  • zH00NIGAN

AngryMasturbater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

This thread is just so... desperate. sad.

go outside, there are girls out there. with vaginas!

I have a fiancé, I have no interest in any girl that plays GTA. Lol.. You're making assumptions that I want to "flirt".  Grow some dick hair and act your age. I can't believe people can't have a discussion without going full retard.  Lol.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

I have a fiancé, I have no interest in any girl that plays GTA. Lol.. You're making assumptions that I want to "flirt".  Grow some dick hair and act your age. I can't believe people can't have a discussion without going full retard.  Lol.

You can't have a conversation if you "have" a girlfriend/fiance/wife, because she doesn't exist.. That's pretty much how it works here.

Anger Personified
  • Anger Personified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

This thread is just so... desperate. sad.

go outside, there are girls out there. with vaginas!

*raises hand and shouts. 'I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK'

zH00NIGAN
  • zH00NIGAN

AngryMasturbater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

You can't have a conversation if you "have" a girlfriend/fiance/wife, because she doesn't exist.. That's pretty much how it works here.

Thank you for further proving my point, lol.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thank you for further proving my point, lol.

I'm saying that's the attitude that people have here, i'm not going "full retard" and saying you're dreaming.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Where da white bitches at?

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

Maybe if you got rid of that ol' yeeyee-ass haircut you got...

zH00NIGAN
  • zH00NIGAN

AngryMasturbater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

MODS CLOSE THIS THREAD.  I FORGOT THAT PEOPLE CAN'T KEEP THEIR sh*t TOGETHER ON THE INTERNET, SILLY ME.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

DrRezard
  • DrRezard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I, too, wish I could game with some chicks more often.  My wife won't play video games with me, so I guess it's an affair of sorts.  lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users