Quantcast

» «
Photo

Two things I realized about Johhny's death.

67 replies to this topic
LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by LancerG2, 18 January 2014 - 07:44 AM.

EDIT: New Theory Discovered.

Hi fellas, new to the forums but I decided to make a post speculating a few thing, Mostly to do with Johnny Klebitz.

For a start Johnny Mostly resembles John Marston, the Protagonist from Red Dead Redemption. It isn't a strong resemblance but here is a snippet I got from the Red Dead Wikia and GTA wikia.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Basically Johnny underwent what John did, they both lived rough lives and did rough things throughout the story line and in the end they both died defending what they loved. Except they both died differently, John by a U.S firing squad and Johnny by a facial stomp.

Also, for Johhny's death I think rockstar may of pre-planed it, a hint being one mission in TLAD where you save Ashley from some drug dealers, Ashley mentions that Johnny and her should ride off into the sunset before Johnny remarks that she'll still be hooked on meth.

So this speculates something that we should accept Johnny's death in some way (and I'm not Implying that we completely say "Omgz trevar is da best liek f*k jon boiii) but I guess he "died" for a cause.

As for dying, I'm not sure he's really dead.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wjKRFcm03uI

Notice when he shot him the game actually registered it as a death, perhaps we can speculate something here?

• Peachrocks likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Interested theory, but Klebbitz is well and truely f*cked. Not many people can have their brains stuck to the underside of someones boot and survive. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Also, there's a spoiler in your title.

• Niobium likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by LancerG2, 10 December 2013 - 06:25 AM.

Interested theory, but Klebbitz is well and truely f*cked. Not many people can have their brains stuck to the underside of someones boot and survive. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Also, there's a spoiler in your title.

Oh sh*t.

But maybe there's an exception to Johnny.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Except that John and Abigail both clearly cared for each other. Abigail's abduction and John's love for her drove the entire plot.

Johnny and Ashley? No... not so much. You could remove her entirely and the story still works she contributes so little. Ashley was extremely disloyal to say the least and only served to show a weakness in Johnny's character, the fact he cares too much and this fact is lost on a lot of people which means Ashley's significance is lost on a lot of people.

Having him die for somebody who is so disloyal does not give the same feeling that John Marston's death had. Furthermore, John was killed by people who broke a deal, Johnny was just killed like a random mook.

It's an interesting theory but if that's really what the writers were driving at which is probably the best reason so far, they did a horrible job of it.

As for the game registering it as a death? It's yet another oversight. There are loads of them in that scene why not one more?

• Drunken Cowboy, Niobium and matajuegos01 like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yes except John died like a badass and Johnny didnt. as for the death thing, its probably a glitch, because of the fact that Johnny wasnt killed by the player directly but died in a cutscene and after the cutscene was over he spawned dead. so technically the player never really ''killed'' him.

• Niobium likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

They're both well and truly dead in my game.  Of that I made sure.  The world does not need pointless junkie bikers!

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

The world does not need pointless junkie bikers!

The world does not need stupid party alcoholics dancing to some horrible sh*t! (Bahama Mamas had good music tho - Vladivostok FM ftw)

• Drunken Cowboy, Niobium and LancerG2 like this

Bender
  • Bender

dank

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Since when was johnny blind? i never knew?

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

trevor smashed open his brains. he's dead.0_0.jpg500px-Johnnycorpse.jpg

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 11 December 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Phil Cassidy's right arm was blown off, but he grew it back years later, only to ironically lose his left arm.

I think you could bring Johnny back in such a continuity error-prone series such as GTA.

As for their GAMES' endings, they both made sense. Marston had been killed by the life he led in the end. He was the wild west, killed off, "civilized" by the corrupt and expanding "American 'civilization'."
Johnny's friends were all dead, except for his intellectual equal (so you could have the story-ending conversation. "I cut [Ashley] loose in my head." "I'll probably just try to cut my ties [with the club])
And Clay and Terry survived (friend abilities/activities.)
Johnny matured and ended his gang past. His leader and childhood friend was killed by his hand, his members were all dead or pinched from civil war, police sting, or enemy gangs. He burned down his "home". After his club he tried so hard to keep whole got f*cked over and sucked him down in the process, he was cut loose to just waste away in Liberty...

BUT NOPE LOL
The Lost are the biggest coast-to-coast crime organization on two wheels. Johnny gets back on drugs and together with Ashley and goes to Blaine County.
WHY?! None of these factors, especially all together, make no f*cking sense? And WHY is he killed? (See my previous 200 posts) any propsed reason has been debunked, other than it was lazy, sh*tty writing like the rest of the overhyped mess that was GTA V.

John and Johnny's official endings made sense, but Johnny's death didn't.
He wasn't even dignified with taking out half the US calvalry as John was. Just stomped by the most inconsitant piece-of-sh*t character in GTA history.

I want an explanation from Rockstar, but considering half the things on the top of their to-do list don't get done, we're probably not going to get it.

• Duxfever, Deadly Target, mad_dog_robinson and 4 others like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by LancerG2, 11 December 2013 - 12:58 AM.

I had an Idea on a DLC if they had zombies, lets say GTA makes a zombie Downloadable Content that is nonsensical like RDR undead nightmare. But if rockstar was to make a DLC heavily based on Undead nightmare the same logic can apply. (Zombies dying by heads hot, fire, explosion, drowning + Virus tied with supernatural thin).

Spoiler alert on story line Idea.

Spoiler

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by am30, 11 December 2013 - 02:42 AM.

So in some people's game Trevor will have to rise from the dead then?  I don't buy it, no siree Bob.

What is it with you people an zombies?!

It'll most likely be either set 9 years ago and builds up to the North Yankton heist where Brad dies, Michael becomes an ever bigger a-hole and Trevor escapes, which would end where the main game starts, or it'll be focussing on one of the characters before the main story or it'll be centered round Franklin becoming the main man for the jobs (like Michael was) post main story or it'll feature a character(s) who made a very brief appearance like Gay Tony and Johnny Klebitz did in IV.

If it's zombies I'll cry, far too cliched.

• B Dawg and Niobium like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

I really don't see any redemption in zombies.

Johnny comes back from the dead (much like the side mission characters came back during grave yard clearings) and then Trevor stomps him again.

Rockstar obviously gives no f*cks to "bring Johnny back" or "give an explanatory back-story", I just want one email, or blog post, or f*cking something explaining what went through their heads to kill Johnny the Jew.

• mad_dog_robinson and Niobium like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

I don't want them to bring him back zombie, back story or otherwise. It'll only rub more salt into the wound even though some do not realize it.

Not to mention zombies are really really overdone right now. Sure I don't mind the theme, but give it a rest huh?

• Drunken Cowboy and Niobium like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by LancerG2, 11 December 2013 - 06:03 AM.

C'mon man, nothing says slaughter like blowing a zombies brains out and watching him gurgle for a few seconds before he drops dead. Or the wrecked debris on the highway or the whole walking though dark stormy alleyways with your shotgun and flashlight and then have a zombie pounce at you from behind a garbage bin.

C'mon rockstar impressed us with GTA V (Apart from Johnny's death) I'm sure they can impress us some more by scaring the living daylights out of us.

So in some people's game Trevor will have to rise from the dead then?  I don't buy it, no siree Bob.

What is it with you people an zombies?!

Hey having a crazy dude as a charecter then watching him die and come back as a crazy talking zombie thing and then to find him in a side mission to blow his brains out to "put him out of his misery" (Hey, I'll see it more as I'm going to annihilate you to bits) resulting in more fun.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by Majestic81, 11 December 2013 - 06:26 AM.

A zombie dlc for gta would f*cking suck. and i doubt R* would ever do it anyway. Dying Light is coming out soon, if you want zombies go play that. let GTA be about GTA.

• Peregrin Brandytook, Drunken Cowboy, Niobium and 1 other like this

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

...BUT NOPE LOL
The Lost are the biggest coast-to-coast crime organization on two wheels. Johnny gets back together with Ashley and goes to Blaine County.
WHY?! None of these factors, especially all together, make no f*cking sense? And WHY is he killed? (See my previous 200 posts) any propsed reason has been debunked, other than it was lazy, sh*tty writing like the rest of the overhyped mess that was GTA V.

John and Johnny's official endings made sense, but Johnny's death didn't.
He wasn't even dignified with taking out half the US calvalry as John was. Just stomped by the most inconsitant piece-of-sh*t character in GTA history.

I want an explanation from Rockstar, but considering half the things on the top of their to-do list don't get done, we're probably not going to get it.

That's what gets on my tits, Johnny was just brought back for shock value for players to think "Wow, that Trevor sure is a badass" well no, he's not. He's a terrible character and I don't mean a "bad guy" I mean a proper sh*t character. His ideology and motives were so inconsistent and I think too many people think that means it's genius writing, no it's lazy if anything - it's easy to write a character with so many errors and then say "oh yeah, but he's psycho/sociopath, remember?" 

I'm just about to do another playthrough of TLAD but now his whole character development in that game seems pointless.

• Duxfever, Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Trevor is the best and most developed character in the game and it the only one with any depth.  His character and attitude clearly changes/evoles as teh games goes on as can be seen once he's reunited with his so-called friend Michael and then when he discovers the truth about Brad and then moves past that when he's offered the Maze Bank heist.  To call it sub-standard writing is rather myopic.

Johnny had to dies for the story or else there would have been no reason for the Lost to fight Trevor.  The bikers were a one trick pony and had long since served their purpose.  TLAD felt very strained compared to IV and TBoGT so to get rid of this Johnny character was a good move by R*.  Saves us all from a sequel with him in it.  Playing as him was not something I found fun.  He was just miserable and boring.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Oh boy. They may be a troll but they aren't half bad at it.
  • Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Johnny the Jew

Maybe that's the reason? Nazi R*... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Worst of all,

Spoiler

• Drunken Cowboy, Zello, LancerG2 and 1 other like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

C'mon rockstar impressed us with GTA V

You, maybe.

Beyond a technical stand-point, nothing struck me as groundbreaking about this game as much as the reviewers like to f*cking cum all over it.

• Zello likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 11 December 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Trevor is the best and most developed character in the game and it the only one with any depth..

AHA HAHA HAHA HA HAHAH HAHAHAAA HAH AHHAAAA!!!11111

His character and attitude clearly changes/evoles as teh games goes on as can be seen once he's reunited with his so-called friend Michael and then when he discovers the truth about Brad and then moves past that when he's offered the Maze Bank heist. 

"fuk u mikul u betray me fuk u mikul u betreigh me fak u mikul u betray- o sh*t, monie. k i like u but onle for mone lol. okay we kil devon i luv u mikul"\

Johnny had to dies for the story or else there would have been no reason for the Lost to fight Trevor.

Or he could have fought the Angels of Death, or the Aztecas, or the O'Niels, or the hillbillies, or the army, or Merryweather, or Devin's goons, or the IAA, or at least one other f*cking enemy they introduced for like one mission with Trevor and went into NO further explanation on. Or he coulda' worked with Johnny, or he coulda' killed John-Boy as a "final boss", OR they could have just left Johnny outta the game entirely... and your grammar impresses me.

The bikers were a one trick pony and had long since served their purpose.  TLAD felt very strained compared to IV and TBoGT so to get rid of this Johnny character was a good move by R*.  Saves us all from a sequel with him in it.  Playing as him was not something I found fun.  He was just miserable and boring.

(f*cking GTA Forums wouldn't let me embed any pictures I found of The Dude)

"Yeah, well, that's just like... your opinion, man."

• Niobium, LancerG2 and thatGuyyy like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Somehow Johnny ultimately dies after a couple of kicks to the head, but could survive over 200 gun wounds in Liberty City.

Also - There is no need for you to add spoilers. Both games are nearly four years old. Welcome to the forums.

• mad_dog_robinson and Drunken Cowboy like this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Trevor is the best and most developed character in the game and it the only one with any depth. 

1342780888144.jpg

Huehuehue, my sides.

• Drunken Cowboy, Niobium and Zello like this

d nice
  • d nice

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

johnny just respawned at a hospital.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hitler felt the same way as me

• Shah Sam, mad_dog_robinson, Drunken Cowboy and 2 others like this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

It is very sad that Johnny died that way but I want to believe that he's kicking Trevor's ass in hell (you know: ending A)

Or at least I hope Malc,DeSean and Angus appear in a DLC

• LancerG2 likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by nobum62, 18 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

His character and attitude clearly changes/evoles as teh games goes on as can be seen once he's reunited with his so-called friend Michael and then when he discovers the truth about Brad and then moves past that when he's offered the Maze Bank heist. 

"fuk u mikul u betray me fuk u mikul u betreigh me fak u mikul u betray- o sh*t, monie. k i like u but onle for mone lol. okay we kil devon i luv u mikul"\

micheal: *calls trevor* hey, you wanna hang out with me and franklin?

trevor: i taht u hated me LOL ok

micheal: *picks up franklin and trevor*

franklin: YAAAAAAAAAA WE DID THE BIG SCORE

micheal: WOOOOOOOO WE DID IT

trevor: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY WE DID IT

trevor: oh btw, fuk u mickul u betray me fuk u mikuhl u beetray me fukc u mikul u betray me fak u mikul u betray me. fraklin, dunt be liek mikul he betreigh me.

• Shah Sam, Drunken Cowboy, LancerG2 and 1 other like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by nobum62, 18 December 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Trevor is the best and most developed character in the game and it the only one with any depth..

me when i read your post:

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Phil Cassidy's right arm was blown off, but he grew it back years later, only to ironically lose his left arm.

It didn't even take years. When you get Phil to the guy, his left arm is missing. He managed to grow the right arm back while in the car, and somehow lost the left one.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users