Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyway to not be a dink if I buy a tank?

27 replies to this topic
Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by Canucks555, 10 December 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Thinking about buying a tank but don't want to be more of a dink than I already am.

Is it possible to use a tank without being a total ass and ending up with a dunce cap?

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

No.
Just kill everyone that is on foot, get that KDR up!

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Nope because if someone sees you in a tank, oh boy look at all these sticky bombs. or ignore you and run away and come back in their own tank.

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:53 AM

Give it away to low level players and get them on your side.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 10 December 2013 - 04:53 AM.

Just brake if they try to kamikaze you.

Bad sport is dumb anyway now.  I've blown up so many PVs accidentally, and still no bad sport.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Use it to kill other tanks. That's what I do.

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by Canucks555, 10 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

Well, with my playing style if a "certain" mission gets nerfed this next patch I'm going to have to change things up. You can use tanks on missions, (I've heard) so that might make things go faster $/RP wise?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

I used my tank always and never grief other players.. simply roll right past them.

As far as missions, I normally use a Buzzard, hardest part is just driving to go get the damned thing. Other than that, missions are done fairly easily and quickly.

• Canucks555 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

Well, with my playing style if a "certain" mission gets nerfed this next patch I'm going to have to change things up. You can use tanks on missions, (I've heard) so that might make things go faster $/RP wise?

Not really because you have to pick up the tank from the Pegasus location, and drive it over to the objective.

By the time you're done with that, the others will already have finished the mission.

If you have a PV tank on the other hand... ;)

0_0.jpg

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

Not really because you have to pick up the tank from the Pegasus location, and drive it over to the objective.

By the time you're done with that, the others will already have finished the mission.

wish i had that chrome tank, my tank looks boring but gets the job done, made a level 400 rage quit after killing him once in his own tank lol.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

You can use tanks on missions, (I've heard) so that might make things go faster $/RP wise?

Best mission vehicle is an entity. The bullet proof rear that works so well to get cheap kills on players also works great on many missions.

As far as not being a dink in a tank, just don't spawn kill. I've never had anybody get upset that my tank got them and dodging the canon is pretty thrilling.
  • Canucks555 likes this

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

wish i had that chrome tank, my tank looks boring but gets the job done, made a level 400 rage quit after killing him once in his own tank lol.

He likely quit because he didn't want to be spawn killed. If someone blows me up in my tank I leave. Not out of anger but because I'm not an idiot he wants to be spawn trapped and killed 10 times in a row.

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

I used my tank always and never grief other players.. simply roll right past them.

As far as missions, I normally use a Buzzard, hardest part is just driving to go get the damned thing. Other than that, missions are done fairly easily and quickly.

Lies Sir!!!!!! One does not simply roll past others while in a tank without at least testing the destruction the tank can cause. I'm messing with ya, I give my tank to low levels and let them have fun.
  • Canucks555 likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by blk95ta, 10 December 2013 - 05:57 AM.

kill cops and npcs and only go after people with bounties. i have never gotten a bad sport warning using my tank. i only got one in a tank i borrowed and it was because someone shot at me while i was driving around minding my own business and i shot back and hit his car.

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Since the latest patch, i destroy all the vehicles I want and I still get a $2000 reward for good behavior. So as long as you are not out to 'try' and get into bad sport, you should be fine.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:46 AM Edited by AzraelX, 10 December 2013 - 06:48 AM.

I used my tank always and never grief  kill other players.. simply roll right past them.

Fixed, now it makes sense.

• WBaker likes this

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by Canucks555, 10 December 2013 - 06:49 AM.

Does the tank spawn at the Merry Weather parking lot? (20k away from a one way ticket to Bad Sport lobby :breadfish: )

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

You literally can't get bad sports even if you try since update.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Does the tank spawn at the Merry Weather parking lot? (20k away from a one way ticket to Bad Sport lobby :breadfish: )

Spawns by the movie theater in Vinewood usually.

SOMETIMES it spawns at the police station.

• Canucks555 likes this

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

Just brake if they try to kamikaze you.

Bad sport is dumb anyway now.  I've blown up so many PVs accidentally, and still no bad sport.

Watch out, ive been blowing up PV's for almost 3 weeks, went out my way to get into BS, blew around 150-200 PV's up and was just warned constantly, only yesterday did i finally end up in BS, now im stuck there coz i didnt know about BS being bugged, my timer is 00D00H00M constantly ffs!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

o_o

I won't be using my PV tank as much now.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

its a tank.

in gta.

use as intended.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

I leave people alone in my tank most of the time, I'll only be going after one person who pissed me off, but for some reason people like to drive really close to me being friendly, I accidentally brake and baaam I kill them :( but nothing is worse than when I'm just minding my own business and some c*nt puts like 5 stickys on me, f*ck you man you're going to die 20x now

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:03 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 10 December 2013 - 08:04 AM.

one thing i did everytime i got in my tank was get a 5 star and evade it.

by the heli pad close to the beach tennis courts, there is a subway to hide in. get 5 stars, hide in the subway, and do it again until your tank cannot take anymore.

easy way to get the platinum award for evading 5 stars. and, people will always come looking for that blip minding its own business on the map... and its always funny seeing the reaction to a tank pulling out of a spot they had no idea a tank could get into. i usually dont mess with anyone either, until they constantly drive by me, or shoot at me with pea shooters.

also, if someone can put stickies on your tank, you need to replan your tactics because you are a sh*tty tank driver.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

Now im stuck there coz i didnt know about BS being bugged, my timer is 00D00H00M constantly ffs!

Hahaha

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

one thing i did everytime i got in my tank was get a 5 star and evade it.

by the heli pad close to the beach tennis courts, there is a subway to hide in. get 5 stars, hide in the subway, and do it again until your tank cannot take anymore.

easy way to get the platinum award for evading 5 stars. and, people will always come looking for that blip minding its own business on the map... and its always funny seeing the reaction to a tank pulling out of a spot they had no idea a tank could get into. i usually dont mess with anyone either, until they constantly drive by me, or shoot at me with pea shooters.

also, if someone can put stickies on your tank, you need to replan your tactics because you are a sh*tty tank driver.

Can you mark this spot on a map? Doubt I'm a sh*tty tank driver got my tank at 400 kills 200 deaths

4700 kills and 450 deaths and like 50 of that has been through dying in the tank, like I said I don't blow up randoms until they provoke me

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

There's an Ammunation in the city center that has a shooting gallery. A couple of blocks west of it is a construction site. Take your tank to that site, back it under one of the buildings, and blast every cop that comes into the site entrance. The cop choppers won't be able to damage you under there. Once you have 5 stars, exit the site and go east/southeast toward the subway tracks. Follow them underground to where the tunnel splits in two and wait for your 5 stars to clear. Repeat until you've earned all your rewards for evasion.  

With one tank you can get at least 4 or 5 rounds of this cycle completed. The only real damage you'll take is during the few minutes you're exposed on your way to the subway tunnel.  It's also quite easy to stay at that site pretty much indefinitely.  Often other players will come over when they hear all the noise and notice the lack of cops and traffic elsewhere, and they'll either stand around taking pics or come into the site and take cover to join in the fun. 

Beware of the ones who want to get close and jack your tank, however.   :evilgrin:

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

I've got 25/50 by tanking then getting out of tank into the wall breach near the hair dressers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users