The jetpack lol

18 replies to this topic
Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

A guy from the hood flies with a million dollar project in the dangerous streets...lmao

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

The nice thing about the game is the 'silly and absurd' story, which makes it entertaining.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

I rather liked CJ's "growth" from a hood person to the powerful man he became in the end, guided by the player. Flying with the jetpack in sight of the general population and the police didn't make sense, and I tended to avoid it.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

The nice thing about the game is the 'silly and absurd' story, which makes it entertaining.

That's true, this just came to my mind. Oh wait: A guy from the hood flies with a million dollar project that he stole from area 51 on his own in the dangerous streets...lmao

Got to love the silliness.

I rather liked CJ's "growth" from a hood person to the powerful man he became in the end, guided by the player. Flying with the jetpack in sight of the general population and the police didn't make sense, and I tended to avoid it.

I give props to you for not using the jetpack!

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

Have you heard this saying: "Fact is stranger than fiction"?

If that's true, then what do you guys mean by "silliness" and "absurdness"?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by Shoumic, 11 December 2013 - 09:15 AM.

I like the craziness of the story, R* have even failed in trying to make the game realistic in certain missions (Up Up and Away!). But I don't care, I found IV's story to be quite boring. But that's subjective, I know people like MVC actually prefer something more 'realistic' ;) that but we all like different things.  

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

The craziness and stupidity of the story is what made the story so terrible IMO. This is why I loved GTA IV, where you had a protagonist who worked with only one mindset and one objective, unlike the other who was whiny and did stuff that was not really needed.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

unlike the other who was whiny and did stuff that was not really needed.

Niko did a bunch of things that were stupid as well in IV's story, things that he didn't need to do. The decisions he made through the game eventually either got his girl friend or his cousin killed. That's why I feel it was stupid, there was nothing you could do even when you knew things were going to keep going downhill. 

One reason why V is a lot better, but you haven't played that yet have you? 

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Niko did a bunch of things that were stupid as well in IV's story, things that he didn't need to do. The decisions he made through the game eventually either got his girl friend or his cousin killed. That's why I feel it was stupid, there was nothing you could do even when you knew things were going to keep going downhill. 

What things that Niko did were unwanted? Niko did the things that were only needed. And it wasn't stupid at all, You just don't understand the beauty of IV's story because it is hard to explain.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

AceKingston, on 15 Dec 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Shoumic, on 11 Dec 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

AceKingston, on 11 Dec 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

What things that Niko did were unwanted? Niko did the things that were only needed. And it wasn't stupid at all, You just don't understand the beauty of IV's story because it is hard to explain.

Oh please now, really the beauty of the story, now i like IVs story over SA but to say that this story is beatiful is an over exageration , its a typical revenge storyline that has been done countless of times in the past, nothing original and nothing great either .

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

An awesome mission, different from all others before it  which are more realistic and everything.

The difference and overall sillines  make it awesome. 

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by Shoumic, 15 December 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Oh, so he NEEDED to kill Vlad? He didn't need to do anything. Just because he was sleeping with Malorie doesn't mean you kill the man. Killing the man is what caused Faustin looking for him in the first place so Dmitri scored a deal with Bulgarin. I could talk about several other examples where Niko did things without giving it much thought which only led to his downfall in the end. 

The fact that a whiny character like CJ could have success towards the end and a character like Niko who couldn't do whatever he needed to save his family.. or Kate tells me how weak of a character he really was.

You don't need to make me understand the beauty because IV was just appalling and mainly..boring. The game itself was very very boring and worst of all? The game was even piss easy, I finished the entire game without failing more than one mission. Only the Snowstorm had any sort of challenge within it the first time around.

E: And btw, if IV had such a great story it wouldn't be hard at all to explain why it is so beatiful so it's like you're saying:

"Oh it's the best! I just can't justify why.."   :dozing:

IV is definitely not the best, it is the fourth best in my opinion after SA, V and VC. 

• Kalvin likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Have you heard this saying: "Fact is stranger than fiction"?

If that's true, then what do you guys mean by "silliness" and "absurdness"?

Flying an Armoured Car over a city without any comment by the people or news broadcast?

Having a decent pistol (Desert Eagle) suddenly replaced by an inferior weapon, and/or the One Shot-One Kill suddenly taking three to five?

CJ winning the ZR in the race from Wu Zi, and he can't use it until the next race?

Not attracting attention when flying a war relic extremely low but causing deadly concern by flying high?

Parachuting onto a quay and not being noticed by the patrolling guards?

Driving up to and then Walking into a 'super-secret' installation having its floodlights pointed in.

Nobody to reset the Air to Air missiles on the Attack Transport or the Secret Installation?

Plus, more...

But, all needed to make the game Enjoyable.

• Shou likes this

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

I share this view. The more absurd missions in SA were a good laugh, but they detracted from the serious undertones of the story pertaining to CJ's growth.

CJ's character development is one of the reasons for which I praise SA's story--very few games nail character progression the way SA did.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

I wish i could ride a jetpack...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:22 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 08:22 AM.

Oh, so he NEEDED to kill Vlad? He didn't need to do anything. Just because he was sleeping with Malorie doesn't mean you kill the man. Killing the man is what caused Faustin looking for him in the first place so Dmitri scored a deal with Bulgarin. I could talk about several other examples where Niko did things without giving it much thought which only led to his downfall in the end.

*This post contains GTA IV spoilers, fair warning*

See? This is what I mean. You don't understand the complexity and beauty of the GTA IV's story yet you criticize it. You really think that Niko killed Vlad only because of that? This isn't San Andreas where the story is so simple. Niko despised Vlad and there was always inkling that he wanted to not work for him and when Roman presented him the opportunity, he decided to just kill Vlad and get one with it.

The fact that a whiny character like CJ could have success towards the end and a character like Niko who couldn't do whatever he needed to save his family.. or Kate tells me how weak of a character he really was.

Oh, really is it necessary for the protagonist to have success in a story without one of his family members dying? That is very stupid in my opinion, no offence. Have you played other games where it follows the same line as GTA IV's.

You don't need to make me understand the beauty because IV was just appalling and mainly..boring. The game itself was very very boring and worst of all? The game was even piss easy, I finished the entire game without failing more than one mission. Only the Snowstorm had any sort of challenge within it the first time around.

IV was not boring at all. You obviously haven't got past the first few missions. The storyline was good, the city was great and there was lots more to do that in San Andreas and some of the missions were quite unique but again you haven't gotten past the first few missions to recognize that.

E: And btw, if IV had such a great story it wouldn't be hard at all to explain why it is so beatiful so it's like you're saying:

"Oh it's the best! I just can't justify why.."   :dozing:C.

You really don't understand the complexity of IV's story as I stated earlier in my post. If you really want me to justify, I'll give you this: The Characters in IV bonded, much better than any other game. The story itself fitted perfectly with the setting and was something unique from any other GTA game made.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by Shoumic, 16 December 2013 - 09:11 AM.

See? This is what I mean. You don't understand the complexity and beauty of the GTA IV's story yet you criticize it. You really think that Niko killed Vlad only because of that? This isn't San Andreas where the story is so simple. Niko despised Vlad and there was always inkling that he wanted to not work for him and when Roman presented him the opportunity, he decided to just kill Vlad and get one with it.

Firstly, he still didn't need to kill him. Not sure why you still don't understand that. You don't kill people you despise just like that considering he met Vlad almost as soon as he entered Liberty City (A couple of missions into the game). It only ended up Niko getting Roman's place burnt down then a whole lot of other things. If you don't want to work with someone you don't simply kill them regardless of anything. Niko just never thought of the consequences it would bring forth did he? Nope, and look at him now.

Oh wait, he came to Liberty City to get revenge on Darko yes? I'd say that's the only goal that he met in IV which I was actually satisfied with. But remember he wanted to come to liberty city in hope that he doesn't have to kill people, smuggle people and to sell people but throughout the story it's safe to say that did not happen. 

Oh, really is it necessary for the protagonist to have success in a story without one of his family members dying? That is very stupid in my opinion, no offence. Have you played other games where it follows the same line as GTA IV's.

How was Niko so successful? In life only the successful ones are the ones that are praised. The people who cannot succeed are considered the losers in life, this is why people in real life strive to get education etc. Niko's character didn't reach any level of success, all he did was make money. He came to liberty city to hope "things will be different" and that things will change but it only got worse, the entire concept of the story is stupid in my opinion. There was no change. Remember, this is only my opinion, I hate games that have endings like IV. Why? Because that's the type of person I am, and there's nothing wrong about that. 

IV was not boring at all. You obviously haven't got past the first few missions. The storyline was good, the city was great and there was lots more to do that in San Andreas and some of the missions were quite unique but again you haven't gotten past the first few missions to recognize that.

I have finished the storyline twice and I've finished the game 100% once, just because I found the missions boring doesn't mean I didn't finish the game, what are you even trying to say? :sarcasm: What you think I just read the storyline on the internet? Get a grip Ace.. And I have every right to find it boring because I FOUND it boring and easy which ruined it for me. 

Lots more to do than in San Andreas? I really hope you're joking, if you're not then I don't know what to say. Also, San Andreas' missions were of more variety and they were certainly more unique than what IV has to ever offer. 

You really don't understand the complexity of IV's story as I stated earlier in my post. If you really want me to justify, I'll give you this: The Characters in IV bonded, much better than any other game. The story itself fitted perfectly with the setting and was something unique from any other GTA game made.

Thanks, but I'm very well aware of the complexity of IV's story, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I didn't understand it. Oh I understood everything fine but I still didn't like it. I don't have to understand something to like it. I didn't understand the story of Vice City when I was eight years old and I still loved the game, what are you trying to say exactly?

• Linc. likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:10 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 December 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Firstly, he still didn't need to kill him. Not sure why you still don't understand that. You don't kill people you despise just like that considering he met Vlad almost as soon as he entered Liberty City (A couple of missions into the game). It only ended up Niko getting Roman's place burnt down then a whole lot of other things. If you don't want to work with someone you don't simply kill them regardless of anything.

Not really. Roman also owned Vlad a lot of money, so there was always the chance that Vlad could kill Roman any time. His death was not only for one reason but for some others.

How was Niko so successful? In life only the successful ones are the ones that are praised. The people who cannot succeed are considered the losers in life, this is why people in real life strive to get education etc. Niko's character didn't reach any level of success, all he did was make money. He came to liberty city to hope "things will be different" and that things will change but it only got worse, the entire concept of the story is stupid in my opinion. There was no change. Remember, this is only my opinion, I hate games that have endings like IV. Why? Because that's the type of person I am, and there's nothing wrong about that.

Yes he was. He killed Dimitrie and Pegorino and avenged his cousin/girlfriend's death.

Lots more to do than in San Andreas? I really hope you're joking, if you're not then I don't know what to say. Also, San Andreas' missions were of more variety and they were certainly more unique than what IV has to ever offer.

GTA IV's missions didn't have variety, really? What about Three Leaf Clover, the decision making missions, ...Final Interview, A mission which involved chasing a guy who was in a train (forgot the name), etc.

And GTA IV did have more to do than SA. It's you looks stupid shoe. I posted this in another topic, I'll find it in a while.

Thanks, but I'm very well aware of the complexity of IV's story, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I didn't understand it. Oh I understood everything fine but I still didn't like it. I don't have to understand something to like it. I didn't understand the story of Vice City when I was eight years old and I still loved the game, what are you trying to say exactly?

Your first point shows that you do not understand the complexity of the story. GTA IV is game where you have to understand the story to like it. And Vice City had a much simpler story compared to GTA IV.

Oh and I know you think I'm acting like a whiny GTA IV fanboy, I'm not. I know I am a bit harsh here but I like SA too, I'd rate it a 9/10 but my only gripes with it is the story and CJ.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by Shoumic, 16 December 2013 - 09:53 AM.

I'm well aware you're not a IV fanboy, I'm not a SA fanboy but it's good to discuss. :)

Not really. Roman also owned Vlad a lot of money, so there was always the chance that Vlad could kill Roman any time. His death was not only for one reason but for some others.

The money is irrelevant..But I'll play ball. Niko could have obtained the money in other ways, like literally he could have robbed stores and etc. You still don't seem to understand that he didn't NEED to kill Vlad, at the end of the day Ace, regardless of anything it was NIko's choice to lodge a bullet into his forehead, that's simply what happened. After Niko killed Vlad; Roman got kidnapped and he didn't get killed. How are you so sure Vlad would have killed him? You don't, it's another presumption you're making which you need to stop doing. We can't presume what Vlad could have done because the human mind is so complex, something I don't expect you to understand at age 13. But we can presume Niko could have gotten the money for Vlad because money is an object that only needed to be returned to Vlad, makes sense?  

GTA IV's missions didn't have variety, really? What about Three Leaf Clover, the decision making missions, ...Final Interview, A mission which involved chasing a guy who was in a train (forgot the name), etc.

And GTA IV did have more to do than SA. It's you looks stupid shoe. I posted this in another topic, I'll find it in a while.

Hello? Clearly San Andreas has more variety in missions, of course IV has variety but San Andreas definitely has more. New model army, Supply lines, Learning to fly, Fender ketchup, Breaking the Bank at Caligulas, Black project, Stowaway, Reuniting the Families etc etc etc. There's so many compared to what IV has to offer. 

I'm really not the one that looks stupid, whatever post or whatever you bring up I will have a better counter since there's so much more to do in San Andreas but bring it on!

Your first point shows that you do not understand the complexity of the story. GTA IV is game where you have to understand the story to like it. And Vice City had a much simpler story compared to GTA IV.

Oh and I know you think I'm acting like a whiny GTA IV fanboy, I'm not. I know I am a bit harsh here but I like SA too, I'd rate it a 9/10 but my only gripes with it is the story and CJ.

And for that last time I have understood everything, again I don't have to understand anything to  form opinions on it. But even in this case I have understood everything there is to know regarding GTA IV! Don't bother with the Vice City story is simpler compared to IV bullsh*t, you're talking out of your ass now since you have nothing to say. Also, I mentioned that I didn't understand a bit of Vice City's story yet I still enjoyed the game at age eight so your argument makes no sense with the point you're trying to prove (Referring to the "simpler" bullsh*t you're bringing forth).

You simply don't understand the fact that people can't like the story of IV for reasons I don't know, really now Ace as you get older you're going to understand why you sound so stupid. The world runs on opinions, there is NO RIGHT OR WRONG, but you're too young to understand that at age 13. 

You need to understand that I have completely understood IV's story and that I didn't enjoy it, you just can't go around making assumptions that I don't understand when I have a clear idea of IV's story and you know it. I didn't like the story, deal with it. 

Now I'll only continue if you don't keep presuming things on my end. OK? Not once in this discussion have I accounted upon any presumptions on your end have I? I have not. 

• Linc. and TaviColen123 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users