Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which car sells just under $50,000 limit?

21 replies to this topic
VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

So maybe I'm missing something, but seems like most Ivan get for selling a car under $10k, not anywhere near $50k. Ballers or felon sell for 9something. Felon gt cost like $90k, but then I try the comet, which is $100k or just over, and LSC gives me the "can't sell cars over $50,000" message. So do any cars actually sell for more? I've tried several, cheetah, entity, and a few lesser value ones. Or is that pretty much it?
(I've only had success at glitch to buy cars online for free.)

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

There is not a $50k limit. That means you can't sell a car whose purchasing price was over $50k

So you're selling *unmodified* cars that you got online for free, well you aren't going to get anywhere near $50k for one. I've never seen a stock car sell for more than $9-10k.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

There is not a $50k limit. That means you can't sell a car whose purchasing price was over $50k

So you're selling *unmodified* cars that you got online for free, well you aren't going to get anywhere near $50k for one. I've never seen a stock car sell for more than $9-10k.

True that^.  I did sell a Buffalo I modded but later didn't want anymore for 96k.  However, this isn't worth trying constantly because I don't think you make any profit from buying mods and then reselling the car.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:55 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 10:56 PM.

Futo - fully modded - ~110K each time

Dominator works too, Sultan is popular with other people (I don't have one).

Costs more than 110 to build, so if you're not glitching, it's not advisable.

If playing legit, I'd try and just do jobs/missions and only drop off cars if you're right there - or maybe the occasional Simeon vehicle.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

I would add to the simeon drop off, if simeon sends you a text, leave it on your phone, don't give him any of the cars, leaving the job open spawns the high priority vehicle in every new session you enter I believe.

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Sentinal, sultan, schafter, dominator all good choices.  I'd personally use a baller or zion, even though you will get slightly less, because you can easily buy one from your phone.  I've experienced car loss even while doing the glitch perfectly.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

A friend told me the Karin Snipe sells for $140k but I can't find one and people are being real stingy with it. No dupes whatsoever. Guess I can't blame them for wanting to actually own a rare car.
  • biggsull likes this

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

The lawyers car from one of Martins missions (I'll remember the name of it the second I post this) is worth $22,000. That's the highest I've seen.

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

The over 50k thing is bs, you just can't sell the high level sports cars you find on the street or you buy off legendary motorsport. I bought the Benefactor Schwartzer which is 80k to purchase and I can still sell it... Fully upgraded it goes for 128k.

VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Ok thanks. These arbitrary limits aren't always clear. Guess I'll try the selling glitch again on a modded car, just don't want to lose it. Looks like a few days before new patch possibly changes everything.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

A friend told me the Karin Snipe sells for $140k but I can't find one and people are being real stingy with it. No dupes whatsoever. Guess I can't blame them for wanting to actually own a rare car.

Icwutudidthar

34750691.jpg

• WBaker likes this

paddiwak87
  • paddiwak87

Le Sage

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Ok thanks. These arbitrary limits aren't always clear. Guess I'll try the selling glitch again on a modded car, just don't want to lose it. Looks like a few days before new patch possibly changes everything.

If you have some spare space in your garage grab a futo off the street they're easy to find and I read earlier that it sells for 110k fully modded, well mine goes for 120k spot on, I suppose that guy is missing out on a part or two... Like I was saying mod it to the max in lsc but don't put a tracker in it yet, do the job circle dupe glitch two or three times first so you have two or three spare futos just in case. Then put trackers/insurance on them.

For the glitch, I like to do it at the lsc in the desert. I heard it was more reliable there. Not sure if this is true but what I can tell you is that I've glitched over 5 million there without losing my car whereas before at the main lsc I'd lose a car every 10-15 tries...

VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

Aight dog. I've got a modded futo, probably cheapest in case I did have to replace. I love the high desert. Such darling people up there. Gotta research that how to video.
^ rewatch
Thanks autocorrect but research is saved for stuff more important than video games ;)

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

If you want to save garage space.. Use the dominator because then you can use it for races also since it's one of the best muscle car in it's class. Eventually garage space will be limited. 

I know, I use to think wtf guys... Why do you need more than 10 cars anyways. Trust me they start adding up (I don't even have rare cars) I just like to race because there's nothing else better to do so you have to pick a modded car for each class.  

I think the dominator sells for 110k.. I use the Sultan, sells for 118k.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 December 2013 - 03:21 AM.

If you want to save garage space.. Use the dominator because then you can use it for races also since it's one of the best muscle car in it's class. Eventually garage space will be limited. 

I know, I use to think wtf guys... Why do you need more than 10 cars anyways. Trust me they start adding up (I don't even have rare cars) I just like to race because there's nothing else better to do so you have to pick a modded car for each class.  

I think the dominator sells for 110k.. I use the Sultan, sells for 118k.

Good advice, although when I was glitching I kept a 'glitch car' specifically for glitching, just so if something did go wrong - I wouldn't lose my precious. I used a Futo, because it was incredibly easily to replace in the event of me pushing the wrong button.

Can't use Futo for races though, unless you're racing a special ed class, you're gonna lose. You're bang on about garage space.

- Super

- Sports

- Off Road

- Sedans

- Coupes

- Classic Sports

- Motorbike

- Muscle

- SUV

That's 9 out of 10 race classes, and my last spot is another muscle car, and I'll still get owned in a Custom Compacts race.

For the glitch, I like to do it at the lsc in the desert. I heard it was more reliable there. Not sure if this is true but what I can tell you is that I've glitched over 5 million there without losing my car whereas before at the main lsc I'd lose a car every 10-15 tries...

Since the last patch, I found the exact same thing.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

I think it's dumb that you cannot sell cars that cost more than $50k. I bought the Vacca a while ago and even put maybe $150k of mods into it and now I regret it. It's not that I don't like the car, but my garage is full and I just know of another car that I'd rather have, but I don't want to give up something that I dished out more than $300k for.

This not being able to sell a car worth more than $50k thing is just a pointless system. Really, what is the benefit of not allowing us to get a profit for something that we don't want anymore? I put near $400k into it, let me at least get back $150k or something.

VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Eff me. Just lost my truck. I did it just like two vids said with swapping character as soon as it sells. Wtf

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:45 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 December 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Eff me. Just lost my truck. I did it just like two vids said with swapping character as soon as it sells. Wtf

Haven't seen the video, but if you follow my steps exactly (not kind of, exactly), and it doesn't work then god hates you:.

- Go to the dual door LSC near Trevors

- Drive your cash beast inside

- Go to sell, and confirm

- Once you've pressed A or X to confirm, immediately hit Start (no delays or waiting to read the screen or any BS)

- As soon as the menu comes up, bang on RT/R1 to move to online, immediately bang A/X to go to the menu, UP UP UP UP bang A/X and confirm ("Switch Character" in the Online menu)

- You should be leaving Online, and at the same time you should still be hearing the LSC door close. If the door has already closed, you are too slow.

- It'll bring up your character, just load the same one

- You'll spawn near your vehicle on foot - it will be tracked.

Do not use the character wheel, or leave gta online, or take any time between options - think of it like a race.

Creaper - I hope that once the glitching is actually removed, they allow us to sell any PV we have, I found that annoying - leaving a 200K car on the street because I want to replace it.

Edit: practice with a free car you have added a tracker to and saved - do not practice or learn with a car that cost you like 200K to build. I should have mentioned that earlier. Once you learn the pattern it becomes really easy.

VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

Guess the gta gods hate me. I tried again, and quick on the buttons. Never hear lsc garage door, but it flashes to the hazy view of my character standing outside before it goes up into clouds. Oh well

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:17 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 December 2013 - 06:17 AM.

Guess the gta gods hate me. I tried again, and quick on the buttons. Never hear lsc garage door, but it flashes to the hazy view of my character standing outside before it goes up into clouds. Oh well

Using the dual door LSC in the desert?

PS3 or Xbox?

I'm asking because if something isn't working, I'm curious as to what's different. What you've described (no door noise) is what I get in the inner city LSC which I've had varied results with.

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

Highest grossing car for the character swap glitch . . . the Elegy for $176k.  You can still sell it post 1.06 using character swap.

Before you can sell it though, you have to dupe it by replacing a destroyed Faggo or other car that can actually be resold.  If you try to dupe it using a free car you won't be able to sell it. 

The $50K limit doesn't apply to this one so you can quick sell it. 

I just found this out today thanks to a different thread under the Gameplay subforum.  Prior to the Elegy, the highest seller I found was the Benefactor Shafter for $130k. 

• kasheku likes this

VegRat
  • VegRat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yeah I was at the dual door lsc up in desert. I even used both doors. yeah maybe some thumb spaz could tap out buttons faster, but I was taking like a second from sell to swap. Both were cars taken from street and put in garage first. I'm not too worried about it. Did a few missions with crew and got almost $200k tonight anyway.
Just whole thing seems silly, how game about stealing limits cars off the street I can steal. Then some obsessive nerds find all these glitches (I can't even imagine how. Just sitting around trying all different methods of swapping characters and ps store?) So I try to get a little extra loot but can't follow along. These false hopes are getting in the way of crimes and anarchy. :) Oh yeah spidersweb im on ps3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users