74 replies to this topic
GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Government admits to spying on gamers according to CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Right to privacy, with implications for freedom of speech, is dead in the water.

Sad day USA.

That guy trolling you in the chrome turbo tank with invisibility + god mod probably works for the NSA. 

• DeafMetal likes this

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

sh*t, they're onto us!
foliohattu.jpg

• F4L? likes this

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by GTAVFan2014, 09 December 2013 - 09:58 PM.

sh*t, they're onto us!
foliohattu.jpg

If only it were that easy....

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I just love the idea of a government agency monitoring 13 year olds calling each other racial slurs. I'm sorry but that's just hilarious.

• Street Mix, F4L?, NCONiall and 4 others like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Oh no!  The gubment knows I play a blood elf paladin!  The shame!

• redfirebird87 likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

WTF has this got to do with GTAOnline, surely a better section would be off topic or the gaming section. 

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

If I disappear in the next few days you'll know why.  They came for the Jews and I said nothing because I was not a Jew.  They came for the gamers and there was no one left to speak up for me:(

• DeafMetal likes this

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Should I still play in the nude?

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

On a side note, that would be a pretty sweet job to have.  Can you imagine the trolling potential?  I'm going to tap your phoneline haha bitch.

In all seriousness there is probably a lobby somewhere they are practicing flying the jets into the Maze Bank building

• redfirebird87 likes this

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Everything happens for a reason.

Also is that notice true? If CIA was doing secret search they wouldn't let that notice to go online

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I have nothing to hide at all, I know I'm not important to them so this doesn't bother me at all lol. 

flyingcloud11
  • flyingcloud11

Noodle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

what did you think the kinect was for, motion gaming? LMFAO

• Killzone3265 and J_L_K_64 like this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Sir, I have today's report from Grand Theft Auto Online. Again, surprisingly nothing of much significance. Since last night usage of "nigga" has risen 0.4% while "cracker" and "white boy" have both taken a more significant rise of 1.58%. The terms "pussy" and "fa**ot" show an almost equal drop of 0.09%, while "tank camping ni**er pussy fa**ot" has risen 258.40%. We were again unable to locate the terrorist training chatrooms. 

• acmilano, Killerdude8 and Timely like this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Pitch~Black, 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM.

I read the Bible in the nude to my Kinect when I'm not gaming. It would be foolish to think that a device with such obvious spying and monitoring capabilities wouldn't be used for such. So, I'm doing my part to at least make them regret it and maybe give them actual useful information at the same time.

• pokemon4ever, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Timely like this

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Has anyone else contacted the NSA to ask for a job?  I even made a new crew emblem:

PrgeXlj.png

Look for crew 1984

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Doesn't really affect me or anyone on here for that matter, I get privacy matters but do you really think the NSA is gonna continuously spy on you to watch you post on GTA forums and play xbox.

brb hiding all the bomb equipment laying in plain sight in my living room.

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Cameras in your living room are coming next.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

The worst of this isn't that they're spying.  It's that they're spying on people playing video games.  They're actually paying people a lot of our money to play video games in the name of "national security."

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by biggsull, 09 December 2013 - 10:29 PM.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Right to privacy, with implications for freedom of speech, is dead in the water.

Sad day USA.

That guy trolling you in the chrome turbo tank with invisibility + god mod probably works for the NSA. 

Thats not news, we knew the US government was working with blizzard almost a decade ago... to "prevent terrorists from using it as a means of communications"... they said.

Story today, 8 tech giants supposedly sent an open letter to the government asking them to tone down their monitoring because they could lose 35 billion dollars combined over the next few years.

The usual suspects, google, apple, micorsoft, twitter, facebook, linkedin and a couple others I cant recall. Point is, the exact people who were jumping with joy to work with the US and have been putting back doors in their products just to make it easier. An absolute fake letter purely for PR purposes. As far as Im concerned, those companies are just as guilty as the NSA and they know they are too. Google is the devil, all they do is design tech that makes it easy to spy on you. Google glass lol everyones walking around with a camera all day, one that tracks faces and such. Everyone you see or talk to ever.

I just love the idea of a government agency monitoring 13 year olds calling each other racial slurs. I'm sorry but that's just hilarious.

More like monitoring the 15-mid 20s crowd for talk of revolution and civil disobedience, also, monitoring how they as a group react when things they love are taken away and destroyed, seeing how much it takes to really get someone mad enough to act instead of just playing.(think airport body scanners in real life, israel doesnt use them and they are the safest country in the world in terms of preventing terrorists entering and acting... totally not needed, its about mental conditioning, getting you used to having your rights taken away.. think NY big soda bans.)

You know when a company breaks a game so hard that you want to boycott them? They do it on purpose. Look at how blizzard balanced WoW in detail and its pretty hard not to see they were performing a social experiment over a decade, while making billions at the same time.

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm the NSA guy in this forum. Not a bad job. XD

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by Chekoloco, 09 December 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Oh no!! They know im sniping people from rooftops!!

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

sh*t, they're onto us!
foliohattu.jpg

hersheykiss.jpg

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

How can video gaming locate terrorists?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

The worst of this isn't that they're spying.  It's that they're spying on people playing video games.  They're actually paying people a lot of our money to play video games in the name of "national security."

But didn't you hear, those games can be used as terrorist training simulators! How can they ignore such a potent threat?

More like monitoring the 15-mid 20s crowd for talk of revolution and civil disobedience, also, monitoring how they as a group react when things they love are taken away and destroyed, seeing how much it takes to really get someone mad enough to act instead of just playing.(think airport body scanners in real life, israel doesnt use them and they are the safest country in the world in terms of preventing terrorists entering and acting... totally not needed, its about mental conditioning, getting you used to having your rights taken away.. think NY big soda bans.)

You know when a company breaks a game so hard that you want to boycott them? They do it on purpose. Look at how blizzard balanced WoW in detail and its pretty hard not to see they were performing a social experiment over a decade, while making billions at the same time.

That's paranoid and more than a little insane. Please provide evidence justifying the following claims:

a) Pasty videogame nerds are a huge threat to national security and must be monitored at all times.

b) The government employs special troll units to see what makes people mad as part of a social experiment.

c) Game developers deliberately break games as part of a social experiment to give the government data.

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

I believe that if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM.

I believe that if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

It's a nice theory, if you actually trust the systems analyzing the data.

Make a bad joke in an online game, say an automated system picks up keywords and puts you on a list without your knowledge. 

That's one of the biggest issues. It's not always about hiding the women you've stashed under the house, but more that you don't know how it's being used or where it's going or how it will be used/misused in the future.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by biggsull, 09 December 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Until you step on the wrong persons foot and he ruins your entire life just for fun, you can find thousands of reasons why that logic fails... Its simply the most ignorant reply to you are being watched second only to "TINFOIL HAT LULZ"

Make a bad joke in an online game, say an automated system picks up keywords and puts you on a list without your knowledge.

You could befriend someone who just happens to be a violent person. There was a gas station down the street from where I lived, it was run by an arab man for lack of a better term, not sure where he actually came from.

He pumped the gas, he was there for a while, no one thought twice. The guy was arrested on terrorism charges. This is in a small town in Canada. Anyone could have befrended him, anyone could have been interpreted as his helper. These police states never work, everyone being monitored.. thats nazi sh*t.

I have heard that statement "If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to be afraid of" ripped to shreds so many times and tbh its pretty frustrating that I cant think the examples up. Its just bad logic and it doesnt work, from the people who do the monitoring.

If someone wants to make a case against you, they can.. having everything you do all the time enables anyone to be dealt with, that one president I think it was hoover, the guy who dressed up in womens cloths.. had FBI files on EVERYONE... if you f*cked him, he would f*ck you.. no one is clean enough to avoid a constructed case in that scenario. You do something that could be shaped and made to look criminal, even if youre innocent.

This has been going on since before the patriot act, the technology for mass monitoring by voice codewords was created in the 90s, some amazing percentage of all international calls go through the US even if they arent to the US.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

'Murica.

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Man, I'm not a criminal, but it's the principle!  I want my privacy!  I don't want the government encroaching on every sphere of my life, especially a video game I play to relax and have fun.  Maybe I don't have anything to hide now, but who knows what future laws might be?  What if I criticize the government in a conversation with a friend?  They are laying a dangerous framework.

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

I am just happy to be in canada guy. Country is best.

People have such great life here is nice! Things are all bad in other country u know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users