Photo

GTA IV

14 replies to this topic
Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, f*ck PatrickW

• ten-a-penny likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

What? How the hell mod for SA has something to do with IV?

• Black & White likes this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

What? How the hell mod for SA has something to do with IV?

i saw it from some website

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Yes. Events affect on 'Rockstar's mind' as Dan Houser said, and if it affect on Rockstar, it also affect on game they are currently working on. The scandal with Hot coffee made situation worse and that's why IV was too dark, explained by Dan Houser. Same when they succeeded with III, Rockstar was so happy, and that's why Vice City was sunny, with great atmosphere and all. But IV is still great game IMO.

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yes. Events affect on 'Rockstar's mind' as Dan Houser said, and if it affect on Rockstar, it also affect on game they are currently working on. The scandal with Hot coffee made situation worse and that's why IV was too dark, explained by Dan Houser. Same when they succeeded with III, Rockstar was so happy, and that's why Vice City was sunny, with great atmosphere and all. But IV is still great game IMO.

is it patrickws fault

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

Well, i don't know that case very precisely. But i'm sure, it's not Patrick's fault, at least not 100% his. Rockstar made hot coffee but it was deactivated, and then as i know (not sure if 100% true), Patrick activated it. You see, if you look, it's Rockstar's fault from beginning. But i'm not sure my words are all true, since it's old story.

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

thanks man

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

I hated IV since the first play. :angry:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Whatever the reason GTA IV's dark and dreary look/atmosphere is perfect for a GTA game IMO.
  • QuietJosh and Black & White like this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

It adds to the atmosphere.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

The game's dark and gloomy nature is designed like that to intersect with how Niko felt at the time. He was trapped in a large, congested city that was bad in every way, he had no idea where he was, or who he was, he felt alone, sad, and thought nothing could be fixed. The city's gloomy look adds to that dark nature of a city riddled with crime on every street, and how Niko felt in all of it, no matter where he went, he was stuck in this wasteland with nowhere to go, and nothing to cheer him up. The "American dream" changed nothing for him, and just like his home country, Liberty City was a place he didn't want to be in.

Seems like Rockstar put more effort into the gloominess of GTA IV than all of GTA V...

• namor likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, THANK YOU PatrickW

Fixed haha :p

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

The game's dark and gloomy nature is designed like that to intersect with how Niko felt at the time. He was trapped in a large, congested city that was bad in every way, he had no idea where he was, or who he was, he felt alone, sad, and thought nothing could be fixed. The city's gloomy look adds to that dark nature of a city riddled with crime on every street, and how Niko felt in all of it, no matter where he went, he was stuck in this wasteland with nowhere to go, and nothing to cheer him up. The "American dream" changed nothing for him, and just like his home country, Liberty City was a place he didn't want to be in.

Seems like Rockstar put more effort into the gloominess of GTA IV than all of GTA V...

Very articulately and eruditely put, my dear chap. I certainly feel the same way about it whenever I start up IV, which is more frequently after having beaten V, just to get the sour taste of the driving physics and short story out of my system.

• Fluttershy Pony and QuietJosh like this

Badass Big J
  • Badass Big J

Badass

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, THANK YOU PatrickW

Fixed haha :p

wtffff lulz

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

I hated IV since the first play. :angry:

Adapt Niko's life into your own and think of the struggle. Niko is depressed and has so many haunting memories. He was betrayed by his friend and some of other friends were sold out and ambushed. He witnessed so many sinister things and promises himself that he will not get into trouble like that ever again. Niko moves to Liberty City and is persuaded to come by his cousin, Roman Bellic. Roman lied to Niko and in actual fact it was a waste of time for Niko to move to Liberty City. Niko, without a job, was forced to commit crimes in order to make quick money and to experience the true American Dream. The black city fits Niko's personality and is a perfect match for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users