20 replies to this topic
Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi, I am currently experiencing problems quoting other members of the GTA forums. Every time I press the quote button it takes me down to the "reply" text box, but it is left blank every time.

Does this have anything to do with a message involving liking a post that says that I have reached the maximum amount of positive votes for the day? I'm not sure how or why I got this message because I would never abuse the upvote system or the quoting function.

I have tried both logging out of the GTA forums and restarting my computer, neither of those things worked. 

I have also just found out that I can not use the copy/ paste features either, so I am very confused.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

Yep. Same thing's happening to me. It's annoying as f*ck.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

It's working fine. May be you are temp banned or something? .. I kindly request the GTAF Team to look into this matter as well :)

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

@Osho

I don't think I'm banned due to the fact that I'm obviously still posting. I've also never gotten any sort of warning strike and I've always been a good member of this community.

Who or where would I contact to get this resolved or looked into?

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hi, I am currently experiencing problems quoting other members of the GTA forums. Every time I press the quote button it takes me down to the "reply" text box, but it is left blank every time.

Does this have anything to do with a message involving liking a post that says that I have reached the maximum amount of positive votes for the day? I'm not sure how or why I got this message because I would never abuse the upvote system or the quoting function.

I have tried both logging out of the GTA forums and restarting my computer, neither of those things worked. 

I have also just found out that I can not use the copy/ paste features either, so I am very confused.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please can you let me know what browser and what forum theme you are using?

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

@Tank

Well I think my computer just updated to Internet Explorer 11 a couple of days ago, which may be the problem. Not sure about the forum theme, though. I don't believe I've changed any setting related to a theme since I signed up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, my IE updated as well but I usually use Chrome, I would suggest you use that if it's available that you do so. Unless you're on a work computer. If not, try clearing your cache/cookies. If that still doesn't solve it, just wait and see if Tank can find some sort of solution if it's a problem on the server's end.

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, my IE updated as well but I usually use Chrome, I would suggest you use that if it's available that you do so. Unless you're on a work computer. If not, try clearing your cache/cookies. If that still doesn't solve it, just wait and see if Tank can find some sort of solution if it's a problem on the server's end.

Came back in Chrome and it seems to be working. I guess I'll be using chrome from now on. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate the support.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Chrome is the way to go, glad it worked. :^:

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

I disagree, Chrome isn't the way to go, it is a piece of spyware. The problem still exist for people on IE11, which by the way has already surpassed the 10% usage share.

Now I tried adding this site to compatibility mode settings (that used to fix the problem in IE10, but it doesn't work in IE11).

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:11 AM Edited by sjaak327, 05 January 2014 - 01:02 PM.

I disagree, Chrome isn't the way to go, it is a piece of spyware. The problem still exist for people on IE11, which by the way has already surpassed the 10% usage share.

Now I tried adding this site to compatibility mode settings (that used to fix the problem in IE10, but it doesn't work in IE11).

To quote my own post using IE11, all that is needed is forcing this site to be displayed in IE9 compatability mode.

Users have to use the Development tools (f12) to force the site on IE9, which is a nuisance.

Maybe you guys could add:

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=10">

into the head section.

to force the site to display in this mode, so users using IE10 and IE11 would not have this problem anymore, thanks in advance.

Edit: in fact it seems setting it to document mode 10 would also do the trick.

For anyone that is interested, go to gtaforums, press F12 go to the last icon on the left (emulation) and set document mode to either 9 or 10 and quote function works.

Of course this needs to be done each time you open a new browser setting. Setting this site at the compatibility mode isn't enough.

By the way, forcing the doc mode to 10 will also fix the no copy/paste problem.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Chrome is the most stable browser as far as i know.

OP: I heard this problem from more people, be sure mods will fix it soon.  :^:

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Chrome is the most stable browser as far as i know.

OP: I heard this problem from more people, be sure mods will fix it soon.  :^:

From personal experience IE11 is just as stable as Chrome. Of course for me personally, the phone home tactics of Google where everything you type into the address bar in chrome is being send to Google is one of the reasons I am not considering using it. I believe in my privacy and therefore choose to not use anything Google throws at me.

Regarding the fix, I have already posted a server side fix, which I believe would work and would not mess up other browsers or even older versions of IE, simply because they would ignore the header directive. I sure hope they will consider putting it in.

I guess the extra incentive is IE 11's market share and the fact that IE 10 will probably loose quite a bit of share to IE11 in the coming months.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by GTA564, 06 January 2014 - 10:48 PM.

*Quick Fix*
Before you want to quote someone or copy something
Click on the Reply box area
13961892.png
And then press the button you see in this picture
13961885.png
Then you click the quote button and it will run as usual
you can also copy text after these steps

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

*Quick Fix*
Before you want to quote someone or copy something
Click on the Reply box area
13961892.png
And then press the button you see in this picture
13961885.png
Then you click the quote button and it will run as usual
you can also copy text after these steps

Yep that works, thanks, to switch back to the usual editor, press the same button again.

At least it is a quicker work around than changing doc mode using dev tools.

• BlackSquirrel likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

So I can't write something in the text box to fix a screwed up quote? Sorry very much a noob at this.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by Andreas, 21 January 2014 - 08:13 PM.

So I can't write something in the text box to fix a screwed up quote? Sorry very much a noob at this.

You can write in the text box if there is something to fix, you don't have to use the Full Editor. It works for both, already posted replies and content you are going to post.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

You can write in the text box if there is something to fix, you don't have to use the Full Editor. It works for both, already posted replies and content you are going to post.

Is there a resource I could check to learn how to fix things like quotes and also put text in bold and such?

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Here is a basic tutorial in BBCode which should get you started. :) It's pretty intuitive so doesn't really take long to get the grasp of.

Buttrumpeteer
  • Buttrumpeteer

get the fk offa' my lawn!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by Buttrumpeteer, 12 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

Used the switch method and it worked!

Thanks community!

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for bumping this thread, I had the same problem since December!

Still can't easily post images though,  have to use brackets [img] and such, but it's less of an issue than quoting people, that was a real bummer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users