Single Player DLC 2014: Discussion

329 replies to this topic
AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Well I guess I can go to sleep now that the arguments are finished.

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

I bet you that if Vice City was released with "GTA Online" in mind, we wouldn't have HALF the features that game gave us. Property missions? Online. Races? Online etc. 

The problem with GTA V started in development, they obviously paid equal attention to both MP and SP and that's what's f*cked up. Maybe in the future that'd be okay but as it is now, it's just far too ambitious, that's why we have two half-arsed modes. I guarantee that if GTA V had RDR or even GTA IV's online - the single player would've been 10x better. 

As you lot stated above, GTA was NEVER meant to be an online game, but hey it makes Rockstar more money so I don't blame them but NOT at the cost of Single player, the mode that f*cking got them all their fans in the first place.

This post might come across as me being ignorant but to be honest, I could give a f*ck. If they had focused MORE on single player, I honestly believe we would have had gangwars, gym, contacts to call up and get a job, drug dealing etc. Y'know, the things that have been in previous GTA games? Right now GTA V, to me, feels like a shoddy single player campaign with an added multiplayer which funnily enough you lot won't stop moaning about in the forum.

I hate the fact I'm in the minority,I mean how can you accept the single player mode for what it is? A pathetic number of missions with little-to-no re-playability.

Brilliant post  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :^:

I agree with everything you have said, it was well-written too. Pretty much everything I've been saying all along. 

Haha, was gonna comment that every post I've seen of yours I agree with... I don't get it though, the majority apparently see nothing wrong with GTA V, and I'm not sh*tting on it for no reason, that'd be pathetic. I literally played it for just over a week to complete the 'story' (Jesus, that was horrible) and I just put it back in it's case, now doing another playthrough of TLAD and my god, it's so refreshing.

Also, just to add... I actually love online, used to play CoD non-stop, I don't believe it belongs in a GTA game though, unless it was done exactly like IV's.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

I bet you that if Vice City was released with "GTA Online" in mind, we wouldn't have HALF the features that game gave us. Property missions? Online. Races? Online etc. 

But there are property missions in GTA V single player, and races too.  That's before you even consider the replayable missions.

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

But there are property missions in GTA V single player, and races too.  That's before you even consider the replayable missions.

You're right, however compared to Vice City, the property missions were pretty redundant. (You can't even activate them! *Phone call* "uhh... can you pick this van up and drop it back here, cheers")

The racing? Fair enough but there weren't many, considering Vice City was released bloody ages ago and has more races is pretty sad.

My main point was that if R* had focused on SP mode more than MP, these side activities would have been a lot more fleshed out.

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Also, just to add... I actually love online, used to play CoD non-stop, I don't believe it belongs in a GTA game though, unless it was done exactly like IV's.

@ Mr. New Vegas

Even though personally I'm not really into online gaming, I'm totally fine with online gaming being a major feature in games that are actually very much suited to it (e.g. COD, Battlefield etc ).

But when it's forced upon a game that clearly is not suited it in the case of GTA, that is where problems begin to arise. Because Rockstar tried to be far too ambitious with the online mode of GTA V, and it ended up with them knowingly or unknowingly overlooking aspects of the SP that would have bettered the experience. On top of that, it created many technical problems in the MP itself, and the online apsect of V was not the flying success that they hoped for. Simple reason, is the fact that GTA is not primed for online MP, that is not where it shines the best. V should have kept the online MP mode a simple and straight forward system like it was in GTA IV. 

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

You're right, however compared to Vice City, the property missions were pretty redundant. (You can't even activate them! *Phone call* "uhh... can you pick this van up and drop it back here, cheers")

The racing? Fair enough but there weren't many, considering Vice City was released bloody ages ago and has more races is pretty sad.

- It depends on the property; you might be dropping off a van or you may be defending a property from attack, or you may be smuggling arms and bombing trains off the tracks.

- It doesn't have more races.  Vice City has around 8, and V has around 15.

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

@ Mr. New Vegas

Even though personally I'm not really into online gaming, I'm totally fine with online gaming being a major feature in games that are actually very much suited to it (e.g. COD, Battlefield etc ).

But when it's forced upon a game that clearly is not suited it in the case of GTA, that is where problems begin to arise. Because Rockstar tried to be far too ambitious with the online mode of GTA V, and it ended up with them knowingly or unknowingly overlooking aspects of the SP that would have bettered the experience. On top of that, it created many technical problems in the MP itself, and the online apsect of V was not the flying success that they hoped for. Simple reason, is the fact that GTA is not primed for online MP, that is not where it shines the best. V should have kept the online MP mode a simple and straight forward system like it was in GTA IV. 

Spot-on.

It's pretty crap to see games have online that just shouldn't have it, Tomb Raider is another example. I just hope that developers stop doing it but it's going to be hard, I mean you know yourself, even the majority on this forum love the online, I just don't get it.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

The problem with GTA V started in development, they obviously paid equal attention to both MP and SP and that's what's f*cked up. Maybe in the future that'd be okay but as it is now, it's just far too ambitious, that's why we have two half-arsed modes. I guarantee that if GTA V had RDR or even GTA IV's online - the single player would've been 10x better. 

As you lot stated above, GTA was NEVER meant to be an online game, but hey it makes Rockstar more money so I don't blame them but NOT at the cost of Single player, the mode that f*cking got them all their fans in the first place.

This post might come across as me being ignorant but to be honest, I could give a f*ck. If they had focused MORE on single player, I honestly believe we would have had gangwars, gym, contacts to call up and get a job, drug dealing etc. Y'know, the things that have been in previous GTA games? Right now GTA V, to me, feels like a shoddy single player campaign with an added multiplayer which funnily enough you lot won't stop moaning about in the forum.

I hate the fact I'm in the minority,I mean how can you accept the single player mode for what it is? A pathetic number of missions with little-to-no re-playability.

I've said something similar to this many times on this forum. I've even explained my thoughts on why GTA V was released the way it was and why it was delayed till September.

But I guess my theory only makes sense to me since many people just ignore it. Oh well...

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 03:10 AM.

@ Mr. New Vegas

Spot-on.

It's pretty crap to see games have online that just shouldn't have it, Tomb Raider is another example. I just hope that developers stop doing it but it's going to be hard, I mean you know yourself, even the majority on this forum love the online, I just don't get it.

From what I see since I've been on these forums, I would not say a majority on here love online MP in GTA V the most, I would say a majority of GTA fans here are more for the SP. Many people on here are very pissed off that SP kinda got neglected features-wise compared to MP. GTA gamers that are more into MP are less in number on here, but they are definitely a very vocal minority. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

@ Mr. New Vegas

Spot-on.

From what I see since I've been on these forums, I would not say a majority on here love online MP in GTA V the most, I would say a majority of GTA fans here are more for the SP. Many people on here are very pissed off that SP kinda got neglected features-wise compared to MP. GTA gamers that are more into MP are less in number on here, but they are definitely a very vocal minority. 

SP has A LOT more stuff exclusively than MP has. I do not at all understand the "SP got half-assed because MP has a couple of exclusive features!" argument.

• CanOdope likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

@ Mr. New Vegas

Spot-on.

SP has A LOT more stuff exclusively than MP has. I do not at all understand the "SP got half-assed because MP has a couple of exclusive features!" argument.

That is totally wrong. But one cannot blame Rockstar for jumping on the MP boat, most games do that now anyways.

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Southern San Andreas isn't limited to LS.

They said they would be adding new cities to GTA Online.

Of course not. It's limited to Los Santos and Blaine County.

Read this.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...ding-old-stuff/

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

Such a waste of development time, money and resources....

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

But the problem is, you also got guys that like MP. The gta iv felt empty, cheesy free roam and other things. And now some people were ok with it well some are not ok with it. Yes, gta was a game that focused for a huge part on SP. But now we are in a time that people get more connected with each other. Some people can't move forward. Both have features that the other one doesn't have. This argument can go for ever and it will probably never end.

MP has features that are quantity and not quality. Same thing with the police vigilante mission, people wanted it back and for what? To shoot a criminal and get little money? That is quantity not quality. And who knows that if MP wasn't there that SP would be a masterpiece? That is pure speculation.

Brilliant post  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :^:

I agree with everything you have said, it was well-written too. Pretty much everything I've been saying all along. 

Haha, was gonna comment that every post I've seen of yours I agree with... I don't get it though, the majority apparently see nothing wrong with GTA V, and I'm not sh*tting on it for no reason, that'd be pathetic. I literally played it for just over a week to complete the 'story' (Jesus, that was horrible) and I just put it back in it's case, now doing another playthrough of TLAD and my god, it's so refreshing.

Many actually see something wrong with the game so i don't know about which people you talk about. Yeah its refreshing to play another game after you played one for a time, that logically.

My main point was that if R* had focused on SP mode more than MP, these side activities would have been a lot more fleshed out.

That may or may not be. Again, we can only speculate its like saying what is first the egg or the chicken? We don't know.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

But now we are in a time that people get more connected with each other. Some people can't move forward. Both have features that the other one doesn't have. This argument can go for ever and it will probably never end.

Do a poll and ask people why did they buy GTA 5, for the singleplayer or multiplayer? I dare you.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM.

@ Mr. New Vegas

Spot-on.

@ Masterfocker

You're beating a dead horse. This has been explained many times. If you don't understand it by now, then you are better off just leaving it out and not discussing it anymore. 

Whether Rockstar included stuff in the MP that was not in the SP deliberately or not is not really the point. The point is that is what is shown before our eyes. MP has more decent gameplay stuff that should have been in the SP. There is not much else one can conclude or deduce from this. A quick example are the many simple gang attack, drug-dealing, and car theft missions in the online MP - simple, fun features like this would have kept so many people happy and occupied in SP as side missions, but it was not included in SP, yet MP gets stuff like this - and it also gets safehouse properties to buy, something many of us craved so bad in the SP. So naturally to many GTA fans, something is odd here - it appears that the most of decent side stuff is only online and not in the MP.

How hard is that to understand ?? 

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

@ Masterfocker

You're beating a dead horse. This has been explained many times. If you don't understand it by now, then you are better off just leaving it out and not discussing it anymore. 

Whether Rockstar included stuff in the MP that was not in the SP deliberately or not is not really the point. The point is that is what is shown before our eyes. MP has more decent gameplay stuff that should have been in the SP. There is not much else one can conclude or deduce from this. A quick example are the many simple gang attack, drug-dealing, and car theft missions in the online MP - simple, fun features like this would have kept so many people happy and occupied in SP as side missions, but it was not included in SP, yet MP gets stuff like this - and it also gets safehouse properties to buy, something many of us craved so bad in the SP. So naturally to many GTA fans, something is odd here - it appears that the most of decent side stuff is only online and not in the MP.

Him and wolfhuman need to take the red pill, if you get the reference.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

But now we are in a time that people get more connected with each other. Some people can't move forward. Both have features that the other one doesn't have. This argument can go for ever and it will probably never end.

Do a poll and ask people why did they buy GTA 5, for the singleplayer or multiplayer? I dare you.

I bought it for both. I used to play single player non stop(Being that is all that i had to do, Beat the single player a week before online, did freeroam alot, Online launches, I create my character no deletion bullsh*t ever happens and that's all i play now

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by AlexL, 13 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.

I bought it for both. I used to play single player non stop(Being that is all that i had to do, Beat the single player a week before online, did freeroam alot, Online launches, I create my character no deletion bullsh*t ever happens and that's all i play now

You have 2 choices only, singleplayer or multiplayer. That is so you can see who really cares about singleplayer or multiplayer, no choice in-between.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

@ Mr. New Vegas

Spot-on.

@ Masterfocker

"has more decent gameplay stuff", opinion. Gang attack? Things like this are quantity, wow you just shooted a gang..ok. MP and SP need both attention because some like either one of them or both. Get over it that not everyone wants to play SP the whole time.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert_thumb1.gif?re

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

GTA Online (as it is right now) is just a pseudo-MMORPG.

1. It's not massive - 16 players a lobby.

2. It's not an RPG - Those 'stats' are almost completely irrelevant

3. The only way is resembles an MMORPG is the f*cking grinding. (Redundant "missions")

It's funny you bring up Vigilante missions as quantity over quality, and you know what? If Vigilante was in SP (hilarious that it's not) it would have almost no quality. That's basically what my argument is based on. A GTA game should be 100% focused on the single player aspect because I'm not buying what you say that players now want online on GTA just as much as offline. For a game like GTA - online just doesn't make sense, the way it is just now I mean, if it was like GTA IV, it'd be fine. 

As I stated earlier, Rockstar just tried to be far too ambitious and what do we get? Two half-arsed modes that can't reach their full potential due to the systems they're on. I'd honestly be fine with online attached (why wouldn't I be?) but not at the cost of the single player mode.

(Also sorry if I sound like a broken record haha)

• AlexL likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

As I stated earlier, Rockstar just tried to be far too ambitious and what do we get? Two half-arsed modes that can't reach their full potential due to the systems they're on.

I haven't played enough of Online to know about that, but I'm going to have to disagree about singleplayer; it's the best GTA singleplayer of the whole series, and it's still fresh for me after 200 hours of gameplay.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

3. The only way is resembles an MMORPG is the f*cking grinding. (Redundant "missions")

It's funny you bring up Vigilante missions as quantity over quality, and you know what? If Vigilante was in SP (hilarious that it's not) it would have almost no quality. That's basically what my argument is based on. A GTA game should be 100% focused on the single player aspect because I'm not buying what you say that players now want online on GTA just as much as offline. For a game like GTA - online just doesn't make sense, the way it is just now I mean, if it was like GTA IV, it'd be fine. 

As I stated earlier, Rockstar just tried to be far too ambitious and what do we get? Two half-arsed modes that can't reach their full potential due to the systems they're on. I'd honestly be fine with online attached (why wouldn't I be?) but not at the cost of the single player mode.

Vigilante was quantity in gta iv, to be honest its on the same level as yoga but yet people wanted it and for what? Do make the game seem like its bigger and that you can do more? Yeah quality please and not quantity. For now it may not make sense because its kinda the first time that they have expanded it but i think that when it continues people will accept it more. 

I agree that its not perfect but some players still enjoy it. Cost of SP? We can only speculate until we drop.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by Militia, 13 December 2013 - 02:40 PM.

I am not really one to complain over this game, as I like it a lot and don't experience much problems, I DO wish, though, that Rockstar would add in more items to the websites to buy, like the Khamelion for single player, the Hotknife, Stinger GT, Carbon RS.  I also REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want them to add the P-996 Lazer into the Cache and Carry website.  I'd even pay 10 million for it, or 5 million.  The Z-Type is 10 million and not worth that much imo, I'd rather pay 10 mil for the Lazer and have it in my D-Pad item list.  OR if they don't make it purchasable, I wish they could fix the hanger/helipad system where whatever items you STEAL, they instantly get added to your d-pad list.  It's a pain in the ass using my Lazer til I get bored, THEN switching to my tank and then turning off my game without saving knowing that if I did save it, my Lazer would be gone and needed to re-steal it all over again, so annoying.

Also, the positioning of the hanger items really need to be fixed, can't store a Titan and it's total bullsh*t.

• AlexL likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

For now it may not make sense because its kinda the first time that they have expanded it but i think that when it continues people will accept it more. 

Yeah, if Rockstar shoves enough sh*t down your throat then you will start accepting it, right?

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

As I stated earlier, Rockstar just tried to be far too ambitious and what do we get? Two half-arsed modes that can't reach their full potential due to the systems they're on.

I haven't played enough of Online to know about that, but I'm going to have to disagree about singleplayer; it's the best GTA singleplayer of the whole series, and it's still fresh for me after 200 hours of gameplay.

It definitely isn't, but glad you enjoy it.

Vigilante was quantity in gta iv, to be honest its on the same level as yoga but yet people wanted it and for what? (1)Do make the game seem like its bigger and that you can do more? Yeah quality please and not quantity. (2)For now it may not make sense because its kinda the first time that they have expanded it but i think that when it continues people will accept it more. 

I agree that its not perfect but some players still enjoy it. Cost of SP? We can only speculate until we drop.

(1) Yes! Haha, I know it may seem like a minor thing but to me (and I'd hope lots of others) it'd really add something to the game!

(2) I agree, and again, I get why Rockstar did it. Maybe I'm just pissed because I feel a lot of features were either cut or just missing because of the online portion. I don't know about you, but to me it's kinda like two unfinished products, d'you know what I mean?

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Totally agree.  Couldn't like the post as this forum is wack and only allows you to "like" so many posts per day.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

For now it may not make sense because its kinda the first time that they have expanded it but i think that when it continues people will accept it more. 

Yeah, if Rockstar shoves enough sh*t down your throat then you will start accepting it, right?

If by that you mean that if Rockstar continue to include new stuff based on quality and not just because it was in the last game then people will like it, then yes.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

If by that you mean that if Rockstar continue to include new stuff based on quality and not just because it was in the last game then people will like it, then yes.

What I mean is that Rockstar should start reading the forums and see what people like and dislike, not force sh*t upon us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users