Single Player DLC 2014: Discussion

329 replies to this topic
Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Idk why you are all complaining about DLC. The first DLCs were free and still have more coming. If you do have to pay for DLC then that is tough luck and you are not forced to buy it. You can play the same damn game for only $0! Yes you may have to pay for it but why don't you go get a job then you can afford it.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Official General, 12 December 2013 - 11:56 PM.

@ Wolfhuman

The point I'm making here, is that Rockstar should not be making an MP version of GTA that has as much effort and resources dedicated to it as much as the SP. GTA is primarily, first and foremost an SP game, that is what defines it's great success, and that should never change. In the case of GTA V, Rockstar shocked many of us by changing this tradition.  I have no problem with a simple, straightforward online MP mode (like in GTA IV), but the bulk of Rockstar's efforts and work should have all gone into SP.  

You are talking like GTA has always had an MP mode, and that it is a must that the MP mode in GTA has to be of a high level equal to the SP. If that is the case, then that is utter bullsh*t. Let's not forget that GTA IV was the first GTA to have online MP, it has not always been important to the series, and it still is not. Nobody is raving about GTA V online anymore since it came out, you know why ?  Despite all that sugar-coating with a few nice features and odd jobs and missions, most of it all boils down to the same old, repetitive, linear and tedious sh*t - deathmatches, races, woohoo, big f**king deal. 
  • AlexL likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

This thread is cancer.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

This thread is cancer.

You are a cancer to this thread.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

@ Wolfhuman

The point I'm making here, is that Rockstar should not be making an MP version of GTA that has as much effort and resources dedicated to it as much as the SP. GTA is primarily, first and foremost an SP game, that is what defines it's great success, and that should never change. In the case of GTA V, Rockstar shocked many of us by changing this tradition.  I have no problem with a simple, straightforward online MP mode (like in GTA IV), but the bulk of Rockstar's efforts and work should have all gone into SP.  

You are talking like GTA has always had an MP mode, and that it is a must that the MP mode in GTA has to be of a high level equal to the SP. If that is the case, then that is utter bullsh*t. Let's not forget that GTA IV was the first GTA to have online MP, it has not always been important to the series, and it still is not. Nobody is raving about GTA V online anymore since it came out, you know why ?  Despite all that sugar-coating with a few nice features and odd jobs and missions, most of it all boils down to the same old, repetitive, linear and tedious sh*t - deathmatches, races, woohoo, big f**king deal. 

But if there was balance between those two (what is the case in gta v but oh well), then why MP would be a problem? And if you think that i like MP more then SP then you are really wrong. I like them both.

I and other people like MP as high level equal to SP. But is this a matter of opinion. GTA IV MP was in my opinion, simply horrible. Nothing to do in free roam and then you have some missions and race. And i know, gathering in the airport is not a choice of R* but it stil made the gta iv even more boring. Even GTA San andreas MP was better than that. We are in a game period where people get more connected. I have no problem with that as long as there is balance.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

But if there was balance between those two (what is the case in gta v but oh well), then why MP would be a problem? And if you think that i like MP more then SP then you are really wrong. I like them both.

I and other people like MP as high level equal to SP. But is this a matter of opinion. GTA IV MP was in my opinion, simply horrible. Nothing to do in free roam and then you have some missions and race. And i know, gathering in the airport is not a choice of R* but it stil made the gta iv even more boring. Even GTA San andreas MP was better than that. We are in a game period where people get more connected. I have no problem with that as long as there is balance.

There ain't no balance, Rockstar treats the multiplayer as it's the future of GTA.... can't you see that?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 01:17 AM.

@ Wolfhuman

That's part of the major problem. MP has no business being on an equal level to the SP in GTA - that's what is ruining the series, as shown with GTA V. Rockstar have been corrupted into believing that MP what most GTA fans want, and on top of that, they see it as continuous plan to milk cash as a nice side benefit. I know many people like you like MP, but I've got a real genuine feeling that a majority of GTA fans don't give that much of a f**k about MP in the game. I'm pretty sure GTA's main market is the SP crowd. It's not COD, it's the one series that draws the biggest SP crowd. 

You appear to be one of those people whose first experience of GTA was with GTA IV, because you seem to think that MP is a must in this series. 

• Choco Taco and AlexL like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

@ Wolfhuman

That's part of the major problem. MP has no business being on an equal level to the SP in GTA - that's what is ruining the series, as shown with GTA V. Rockstar have been corrupted into believing that MP what most GTA fans want, and on top of that, they see it as continuous plan to milk cash as a nice side benefit. I know many people like you like MP, but I've got a real genuine feeling that a majority of GTA fans don't give that much of a f**k about MP in the game. I'm pretty sure GTA's main market is the SP crowd. It's not COD, it's the one series that draws the biggest SP crowd. 

GTA 

Still in my view, MP and SP are equally. But if that isn't enough to support my post: some features in MP is useless and is quantity. People were mad that the police vigilante missions are not in gta 5. You only shoot down a criminal and that's it! I rather have these features cut out because they don't make sense. Yeah yoga, but that wasn't in gta iv.

And about R* milking money, thank god that they don't release the same game ever year and then charge you for DLC because if you don't buy it then you can't play with other players who has the DLC.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Still in my view, MP and SP are equally. But if that isn't enough to support my post: some features in MP is useless and is quantity. People were mad that the police vigilante missions are not in gta 5. You only shoot down a criminal and that's it! I rather have these features cut out because they don't make sense. Yeah yoga, but that wasn't in gta iv.

And about R* milking money, thank god that they don't release the same game ever year and then charge you for DLC because if you don't buy it then you can't play with other players who has the DLC.

- Purchasing safehouses

- Trains that stop and can be destroyed

- Inventory menu

- A lot more clothing options
- Car insurance & delivery
- Merryweather backup (Could have been something else in SP)

- Favors from Lester
- Much bigger garages
- Taking a shower
- Wanted for being spotted in a stolen car
- Inviting strippers to your house

- Quick GPS

- Large minimap mode

- Selling cars

- Content creator

- Freeroam heists

Yeah tell me more about equal....

• Omar777i likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

- Purchasing safehouses

- Trains that stop and can be destroyed

- Inventory menu

- A lot more clothing options
- Car insurance & delivery
- Merryweather backup (Could have been something else in SP)

- Favors from Lester
- Much bigger garages
- Taking a shower
- Wanted for being spotted in a stolen car
- Inviting strippers to your house

- Quick GPS

- Large minimap mode

- Selling cars

- Content creator

- Freeroam heists

Yeah tell me more about equal....

*Everything that SP has that MP doesn't*

You really wanna talk about stuff not being equal?

• Wolfhuman likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Go ahead and write me a good excuse why those features should not be in singleplayer, I need a laugh.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Go ahead and write me a good excuse why those features should not be in singleplayer, I need a laugh.

Because there's already enough in singleplayer that someone (e.g. me) can get over 200 hours of play out of it.  Maybe the ability to have a shower in V may change the game radically, but I'm not too fussed on finding out.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Because there's already enough in singleplayer that someone (e.g. me) can get over 200 hours of play out of it.  Maybe the ability to have a shower in V may change the game radically, but I'm not too fussed on finding out.

It may not change the game radically, but it's those tiny details that give you a sense of freedom in an open world game.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Guys, please ignore this guy (alex) in this topic. This has already been settled but he keeps repeating his posts here because he thinks that no one knows his defeat in that topic (lol):

http://gtaforums.com...a-online/page-4

You are wasting your times.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by AlexL, 13 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

Guys, please ignore this guy (alex) in this topic. This has already been settled but he keeps repeating his posts here because he thinks that no one knows his defeat in that topic (lol):

Unless you forgot, this is my topic buddy. If you don't like SP then GTFO. Go to the online section and beat off to some chrome adders or something.

• Official General likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Go ahead and write me a good excuse why those features should not be in multiplayer, I need a laugh.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Well, at least it saves having that argument again.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Go ahead and write me a good excuse why those features should not be in multiplayer, I need a laugh.

You write me a good excuse first then I will answer yours, that's how it works.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

You write me a good excuse first then I will answer yours, that's how it works.

Because why would you need instant GPS and inventory in SP?

Inventory is in Online and not SP because you don't start out with a safehouse in Online. You have no reason to not go home and change in SP.

And instant GPS is only helpful in missions (At least when I used it), and what's the point of having it in SP when the GPS is almost always done for you, and if it's not, you can actually pause the game to set it?

Both of those are completely unnecessary in SP.

I don't care about your reasoning. I was just mocking you for your stupid Online argument that you've already been proven wrong on. I'm not even trying right now. Too busy watching Football. 

• Wolfhuman likes this

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hopefully the single-player DLC is like GTA IV single-player DLC otherwise i would be extremely dissapointed. Rockstar focus way too much on their online mode until they forgot about the main core of their game. All those patches release is only for GTA online *facepalm*

• AlexL likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Inventory is in Online and not SP because you don't start out with a safehouse in Online. You have no reason to not go home and change in SP.

And instant GPS is only helpful in missions (At least when I used it), and what's the point of having it in SP when the GPS is almost always done for you, and if it's not, you can actually pause the game to set it?

I don't care about your reasoning. I was just mocking you for your stupid Online argument that you've already been proven wrong on. I'm not even trying right now. Too busy watching Football. 

Why do I need instant gps? Because it's quicker than pausing the game and browsing the map for whatever place you wanna go to.

Why do I need an inventory? Maybe I wanna be able to change my glasses, hats, masks, armor and parachute without going all the way back to a shop? Maybe I wanna refill my health by eating some snacks or drinking soda on the spot, instad of searching for the nearest soda machine? And why can I smoke a cigarette either?

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by Hardcore Savage, 13 December 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Michael

Following the story of Michael when he first arrived in Los Santos. Trying to grow accustomed to his new life, he struggles to find peace with his family during this change in location and is being hassled by the F.I.B far too much. As a notorious criminal given a great opportunity to live well along with his family, Michael cannot get off too easily. Dave Norton and his F.I.B unit assign Michael Assassination tasks, which they feel is a good use of Michael’s professional skill.

Trevor

Centered on Trevor establishing his enterprise in Blaine County. The story sheds some light on Trevor’s history with Johnny Klebitz and the Lost MC. Trevor is building and managing his very own drug & arms empire while fighting off anyone that dares to f*ck with him or his territory.

Franklin

Focusing on Franklin as a more active gang member in Los Santos. Drug dealing, gang wars, robberies… The life of an LS gangbanger. An entirely revamped version of the hoods in Los Santos with new activities to engage in.

^This is what I'm expecting. But what we might get is...

Trevor - More Hunting

Franklin - More Races

Michael - More Yoga...

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Why do I need instant gps? Because it's quicker than pausing the game and browsing the map for whatever place you wanna go to.

Why do I need an inventory? Maybe I wanna be able to change my glasses, hats, masks, armor and parachute without going all the way back to a shop? Maybe I wanna refill my health by eating some snacks or drinking soda on the spot, instad of searching for the nearest soda machine? And why can I smoke a cigarette either?

I never said that they wouldn't help. I said they're not necessary, which they're not, just like almost everything that's exclusive to Online.

Anyway: let's go back to your original argument, if you don't mind. If you don't wanna talk about it again, then just say so; I'll drop it.

You say SP is half-assed because of MP, and use only Online-exclusive features to prove your point.

Well, what about all of the SP exclusive features? I mean, using your exact logic and argument, Online was half-assed for SP.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by AlexL, 13 December 2013 - 02:18 AM.

I never said that they wouldn't help. I said they're not necessary, which they're not, just like almost everything that's exclusive to Online.

Anyway: let's go back to your original argument, if you don't mind. If you don't wanna talk about it again, then just say so; I'll drop it.

You say SP is half-assed because of MP, and use only Online-exclusive features to prove your point.

Well, what about all of the SP exclusive features? I mean, using your exact logic and argument, Online was half-assed for SP.

I got no problem with the MP being "half-assed" because I won't even bother playing it. GTA is all about singleplayer and that's where the most features should be. Online is just a place that you go to when you wanna f*ck around with other people, as I said many times before.

It was perfectly balanced in IV, and now it's just overdone.

(I'm sorry MP people, that's the truth)

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

I got no problem with the MP being "half-assed" because I won't even bother playing it. GTA is all about singleplayer and that's where the most features should be. Online is just a place that you go to when you wanna f*ck around with other people, as I said many times before.

(I'm sorry MP people, that's the truth)

Sp is where most features are, and no one's debating that that's what MP is, because that is what MP is. Aside from MLG, everything is just f*cking around

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

Sp is where most features are, and no one's debating that that's what MP is, because that is what MP is. Aside from MLG, everything is just f*cking around

And that dosen't change the fact that multiplayer has all those cool features that could have been useful in SP, or at least fun.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

And that dosen't change the fact that multiplayer has all those cool features that could have been useful in SP, or at least fun.

And that doesn't change the fact that SP has all those cool features that could be useful in MP, or at least fun.

You seeing the pattern? Whether your stance is pro-MP or pro-SP, the argument is gonna be back and forth, just like we're going right now. The only difference is that I'm not pro-MP, and that SP has a whole sh*tton more than MP, more than enough to make up for any lost features.

• CanOdope likes this

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

I bet you that if Vice City was released with "GTA Online" in mind, we wouldn't have HALF the features that game gave us. Property missions? Online. Races? Online etc. 

The problem with GTA V started in development, they obviously paid equal attention to both MP and SP and that's what's f*cked up. Maybe in the future that'd be okay but as it is now, it's just far too ambitious, that's why we have two half-arsed modes. I guarantee that if GTA V had RDR or even GTA IV's online - the single player would've been 10x better. 

As you lot stated above, GTA was NEVER meant to be an online game, but hey it makes Rockstar more money so I don't blame them but NOT at the cost of Single player, the mode that f*cking got them all their fans in the first place.

This post might come across as me being ignorant but to be honest, I could give a f*ck. If they had focused MORE on single player, I honestly believe we would have had gangwars, gym, contacts to call up and get a job, drug dealing etc. Y'know, the things that have been in previous GTA games? Right now GTA V, to me, feels like a shoddy single player campaign with an added multiplayer which funnily enough you lot won't stop moaning about in the forum.

I hate the fact I'm in the minority,I mean how can you accept the single player mode for what it is? A pathetic number of missions with little-to-no re-playability.

• Official General and AlexL like this

HonestOG556
  • HonestOG556

Crackpot

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

Can't wait for the TP Enterprises DLC.

Trevor finally gets a franchise network, reward cards, merchendise, a blonde depressed wife and a hot secretary who bounces on his boy.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

I bet you that if Vice City was released with "GTA Online" in mind, we wouldn't have HALF the features that game gave us. Property missions? Online. Races? Online etc. 

The problem with GTA V started in development, they obviously paid equal attention to both MP and SP and that's what's f*cked up. Maybe in the future that'd be okay but as it is now, it's just far too ambitious, that's why we have two half-arsed modes. I guarantee that if GTA V had RDR or even GTA IV's online - the single player would've been 10x better. 

As you lot stated above, GTA was NEVER meant to be an online game, but hey it makes Rockstar more money so I don't blame them but NOT at the cost of Single player, the mode that f*cking got them all their fans in the first place.

This post might come across as me being ignorant but to be honest, I could give a f*ck. If they had focused MORE on single player, I honestly believe we would have had gangwars, gym, contacts to call up and get a job, drug dealing etc. Y'know, the things that have been in previous GTA games? Right now GTA V, to me, feels like a shoddy single player campaign with an added multiplayer which funnily enough you lot won't stop moaning about in the forum.

I hate the fact I'm in the minority,I mean how can you accept the single player mode for what it is? A pathetic number of missions with little-to-no re-playability.

Brilliant post  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :^:

I agree with everything you have said, it was well-written too. Pretty much everything I've been saying all along. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users