Single Player DLC 2014: Discussion

329 replies to this topic
Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, my theory is that the DLC for singleplayer will probably add the location to multiplayer.

I agree though that I wouldn't want a new location if it's exclusive to that broken online mode.

Would be a waste to put so much work into new cities just for online.

It would not be a waste, and here is why.

It will actually give us new locations to visit, explore, and POSSIBLY do new activity's with NEW Vehicles, Weapons, Clothing.

And probably it will expand the options we have, and let us buy more homes and probably rent Yachts or fly Commercial Airlines in Online....

I mean honestly with GTA Online there is no limit.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

It would not be a waste, and here is why.

It will actually give us new locations to visit, explore, and POSSIBLY do new activity's with NEW Vehicles, Weapons, Clothing.

And probably it will expand the options we have, and let us buy more homes and probably rent Yachts or fly Commercial Airlines in Online....

I mean honestly with GTA Online there is no limit.

But why should I be forced to play online in order to enjoy those features?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by Deffpony, 10 December 2013 - 12:22 AM.

snip

If we have to pay for all that stuff while the online DLC's are free then yeah, R* really "cares" about the singleplayer fans.

Everything added to GTA Online has also been added to the SP. And you act like we have gotten such amazing content in Online. Most of the features added to Online were things promised to us at release, like heists and the content creator. If you ever expected story mode expansions to be free than thats your own fault.

You make it sound like playing online means you HAVE to play with others. The first month of GTA Online I played everything by myself. There arent very many missions that force you to play with others.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Ironic who the OP of this topic is. If the OP really was against the whole DLC thing then why even bother making a topic? But of course if people start to jump on him he will say something about their username or post an irrelevant pic because he doesn't know what to say. Same old bs.

I don't care, i am willing to give the company some damn money for the DLC because who knows why they even have dlc. Sure you can say that they are a money grabbers so they just want to make money. That is just blind hating and everyone need to stop drawing conclusions because we will probably never know the real reason behind it. At least R* is not a company named EA or THQ. I actually have have respect for the company who makes these game and who made some childhoods relevant. If you want to blind hate on a company then gtfo from this forum. Oh and even if their intention is to grab money then i am happily enough to give them because this is damn good game and probably the one that i have ever played.

There i said it.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

It's funny, because not long ago AlexL was crying about "all these DLCs, lies, and online bullsh*t", saying that they are ONLY focusing on online... Now, since Rock* says they're adding "significant" SP DLC, he's crying about that.

Some people will never be satisfied.

So, how does it feel to know you were wrong, just like we told you?

Oh really? Aren't they still focusing on the online? Look at the title on newswire "GTA Online Update: Free Deathmatch & Race Creators this Week, Capture Mode and More on the Way", the news on singleplayer are on the BOTTOM. What does that say to you?

Also, remind me what I was wrong about.

You claimed they were ONLY focusing on MP, however YOU started this topic, which proves you were wrong. Also, you cried about them charging for DLC, which they have yet to do.

Go on, get your buddy bert to come and make invalid complaints and you guys can cry on each other's shoulders.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Ironic who the OP of this topic is. If the OP really was against the whole DLC thing then why even bother making a topic? But of course if people start to jump on him he will say something about their username or post an irrelevant pic because he doesn't know what to say. Same old bs.

I don't care, i am willing to give the company some damn money for the DLC because who knows why they even have dlc. Sure you can say that they are a money grabbers so they just want to make money. That is just blind hating and everyone need to stop drawing conclusions because we will probably never know the real reason behind it. At least R* is not a company named EA or THQ. I actually have have respect for the company who makes these game and who made some childhoods relevant. If you want to blind hate on a company then gtfo from this forum. Oh and even if their intention is to grab money then i am happily enough to give them because this is damn good game and probably the one that i have ever played.

There i said it.

I "bothered" to make this topic so I can see what other people think about it, Mr. Smartass. I just said before that if this DLC will be free then I have nothing against it, but if we have to pay for it... THEN it's a different story.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

There i said it.

I don't give a f*ck about DLC as long as it's good and not a blatant rip-off.

For example: BF DLC. People say it's a rip-off. I don't. You get 4 awesome maps, new weapons, new vehicles, etc. Well worth the Premium service they offer, or the individual $15. Depends on how much you play the game though.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Careful everyone, he's about to start calling us fanboys. :'(

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Gangs Wars, Vigilante Missions, Taxi Missions, Firetruck/Ambulance Missions, New Heists, New Vehicles, Cartel Missions....Those would make GTA V infitely more replayable (as if it isn't already).

Hopefully, R* will make this single-player expansion free. 

• Troublesome96_, Official General and Luddite like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

Careful everyone, he's about to start calling us fanboys. :'(

Not really, you are worse.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

There i said it.

I "bothered" to make this topic so I can see what other people think about it, Mr. Smartass. I just said before that if this DLC will be free then I have nothing against it, but if we have to pay for it... THEN it's a different story.

HEY GUYS DLC SUCKS AMIRITE?

Dude, really? First, the DLC we've got so far was free. No, it wasn't just online. 

As said before every single goddamn game has cut content, a game on the scale of GTA V is obviously going to have more cut content.

You're just being a dick about DLCs because...I don't know. ITS FREE, stop saying it'll be paid for little content as it hasn't happened yet.

Also, lots of people barely play SP because of how awesome online is. They aren't going to cater to your f*cking whiney ass, saying SP is so obviously unfinished - have you played...any other game? At all? ven GTA IV? Seriously, as much as you're holding GTA IV up to be, the 'oh so long campaign' was repetitive as hell. Oh, you only want it to be long and not quality? What the sh*t?

And of course extra content needs to be released online you dimwit, they're not just going to forget about it after it's released because it might make you a bit upset that they're giving extra content after the launch.

For free.

Maybe you should join a R* worshipping forum instead

sheeple1.jpg

Online is a poison that's slowly infecting the GTA series

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

sheeple1.jpg

:^:

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Quit bitching dude, we're getting singleplayer content be happy. If you don't wanna pay for it then don't.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

sheeple1.jpg

Man, such a poison that it's keeping R* from working on more SP stuff and forcing their complete, undivided attention on Online!

...Oh wait...

• TheDust and CanOdope like this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by TaviColen123, 10 December 2013 - 12:46 AM.

I wont even bother reading anymore after reading the first replies, no wonder i stayed out of the GTA V subforum for so long this forum is a piece of sh*t full with the same kind of retarded trolls and haters that it was since the game came out .

• WorldWideFM and adictoGTA like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Man, such a poison that it's keeping R* from working on more SP stuff and forcing their complete, undivided attention on Online!

...Oh wait...

Seems like you've been infected too, better call 911.

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

...Oh wait...

Seems like you've been infected too, better call 911.

AlexL Logic: Bitches about Rockstar focusing only on GTA O. When Rockstar announces singleplayer DLC, he bitches about it too.

On Topic: I'm pretty excited for the singleplayer DLC. I'm interested in what they managed to come up with.

• CanOdope likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

sheeple1.jpg

Nothing to say again? Ok. Well your profile is a waste of space on the server. You have so much irrelevant and whining, hate posts that if it gets all deleted then this website will probably work faster and we won't getting the errors anymore. Find yourself a R* hate forum.

I am out.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nothing to say again? Ok. Well your profile is a waste of space on the server. You have so much irrelevant and whining, hate posts that if it gets all deleted then this website will probably work faster and we won't getting the errors anymore. Find yourself a R* hate forum.

I am out.

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know that only people who kiss Rockstar's ass are allowed to post.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

No wonder we got such a horrible, short story, Rockstar cut most of it so they could sell it back. How sad, Rockstar are so money hungry nowadays, all they care about is online and scamming consumers into thinking they're buying "new" content. They made enough money, yet they still want to charge us to get back content. I don't understand how any users here could support DLC, you shouldn't find it acceptable to pay to get content back, or pay for more content at all, we have the game, why should we pay to improve our experience? We should get what they made for the game, there's already enough features in the game that are there but can't be used. Remember, they said major paid expansions for single player, I'm pretty sure they won't give out the new content for free, no, that's the nice thing to do, and Rockstar aren't nice anymore.

GTA V will become a "pick-and-pay" game. I will never support DLC, so I don't care if I'm stuck with an incomplete game, Rockstar are jokes, obsessed with getting every cent from their player base. Sure looks like they "care" about their fans, because making them pay to have fun is apparently "caring". I'll just wait for the PC version, then I can get everything without being scammed. It's like EA is a role model in the gaming industry, most companies have taken what they did to their games, such as cutting content, implementing microtransactions, overpricing everything, releasing broken games, not fixing any issues, etc... It's an industry standard now.

Then there's the multiplayer, they're so obsessed with it, multiplayer gaming and DLC are ruining video games. According to companies, playing with screaming users who constantly annoy you is what "real gaming" is about, single player doesn't matter to Rockstar, they just cut a bunch of content to sell back so they can make some extra money on the side. Yes, to those saying we're getting "new content", it's not "new", Rockstar just cut it out from the final game. That's all it is to Rockstar, money money money, they don't care about their product anymore, they're just swimming in their pool of money. Why do they think we all play multiplayer games? It's so annoying, I don't want to keep getting nagged to install new updates for multiplayer, I just want to play the game, I don't care about online, GTA is a single player game, but they forced it to move into being an online-only game, which means single player is disregarded completely, has a multitude of issues that won't be fixed, and won't have half as much content as what the online mode will have.

Yeah, I'm ready for the responses from users who got their jimmies rustled from my post, say what you want, but at least I don't hang onto Rockstar and think DLC is amazing, you can enjoy being scammed by companies, buying back 75% of a game and thinking it's "new content", I'll enjoy playing video games for what they're really made for: enjoyment.

• 2281 and canadianbacon like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'll enjoy playing video games for what they're really made for: enjoyment.

Same here.  May I recommend GTA V?  It's a great game, with a great story.  I've already played the SP for over 200 hours so far, and they've just announced DLC for it too. 

• baskerwil, adictoGTA and CanOdope like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by AlexL, 10 December 2013 - 01:05 AM.

No wonder we got such a horrible, short story, Rockstar cut most of it so they could sell it back. How sad, Rockstar are so money hungry nowadays, all they care about is online and scamming consumers into thinking they're buying "new" content. They made enough money, yet they still want to charge us to get back content. I don't understand how any users here could support DLC, you shouldn't find it acceptable to pay to get content back, or pay for more content at all, we have the game, why should we pay to improve our experience? We should get what they made for the game, there's already enough features in the game that are there but can't be used. Remember, they said major paid expansions for single player, I'm pretty sure they won't give out the new content for free, no, that's the nice thing to do, and Rockstar aren't nice anymore.

GTA V will become a "pick-and-pay" game. I will never support DLC, so I don't care if I'm stuck with an incomplete game, Rockstar are jokes, obsessed with getting every cent from their player base. Sure looks like they "care" about their fans, because making them pay to have fun is apparently "caring". I'll just wait for the PC version, then I can get everything without being scammed. It's like EA is a role model in the gaming industry, most companies have taken what they did to their games, such as cutting content, implementing microtransactions, overpricing everything, releasing broken games, not fixing any issues, etc... It's an industry standard now.

Then there's the multiplayer, they're so obsessed with it, multiplayer gaming and DLC are ruining video games. According to companies, playing with screaming users who constantly annoy you is what "real gaming" is about, single player doesn't matter to Rockstar, they just cut a bunch of content to sell back so they can make some extra money on the side. Yes, to those saying we're getting "new content", it's not "new", Rockstar just cut it out from the final game. That's all it is to Rockstar, money money money, they don't care about their product anymore, they're just swimming in their pool of money. Why do they think we all play multiplayer games? It's so annoying, I don't want to keep getting nagged to install new updates for multiplayer, I just want to play the game, I don't care about online, GTA is a single player game, but they forced it to move into being an online-only game, which means single player is disregarded completely, has a multitude of issues that won't be fixed, and won't have half as much content as what the online mode will have.

Yeah, I'm ready for the responses from users who got their jimmies rustled from my post, say what you want, but at least I don't hang onto Rockstar and think DLC is amazing, you can enjoy being scammed by companies, buying back 75% of a game and thinking it's "new content", I'll enjoy playing video games for what they're really made for: enjoyment.

That's what I've been trying to say here but I don't have enough patience for writing all that, props to you for giving a real insight on the gaming industry these days tho :^:

Edit: Some people are just not able to see the big picture, I guess there's an IQ factor involved.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

You are missing something
Rockstar is part of the industry and of the system

They didn't have the last word on the product, the publisher did
  • baskerwil likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

Oh boy! A new post from Bert to dissect and prove bullsh*t! Alright, here I go...

"Rockstar cut most of it so they could sell it back. "

Lol, if you want to think so. There's literally no evidence of this whatsoever, so have fun trying to prove that point.

"How sad, Rockstar are so money hungry nowadays, all they care about is online and scamming consumers into thinking they're buying "new" content."

So money hungry that their first DLC was free, and that the content creator is free, and that heists could also very well be free? Damn them, they're so money hungry!  :facedesk:

And you're right, they do only care about Online! That's why they're releasing SP DLC! Oh my god, it's so clear now!!! Ugh, your posts keep getting stupider and stupider.

"why should we pay to improve our experience?"

Because it's improving the user experience...? Are you serious?

"Remember, they said major paid expansions for single player"

No, they said major paid expansions for Online, which means new cities/maps. Nice try though.

"I'm pretty sure they won't give out the new content for free, no, that's the nice thing to do, and Rockstar aren't nice anymore."

Oh no, they're not nice at all! Beach Bum, content creator, and possibly heists for free!? Those f*cking assholes!!!  :miranda:

"Rockstar are jokes, obsessed with getting every cent from their player base."

Oh yeah, because the free DLC now and coming soon are definitely intended to get money from us. Their plan is all coming together!

"Sure looks like they "care" about their fans, because making them pay to have fun is apparently "caring"."

Actually, they're giving us stuff to have fun with for free, and giving us the option to pay for stuff to further that even more down the road. Wrong again.

"Then there's the multiplayer, they're so obsessed with it,"

Oh yeah, they're so obsessed with Online that they're making a major SP DLC! Way to think, Bert, way to think... :miranda:

" it's not "new", Rockstar just cut it out from the final game."

Care to prove that? Of course not! You can't! That's what I thought.

"GTA is a single player game, but they forced it to move into being an online-only game, which means single player is disregarded completely, has a multitude of issues that won't be fixed, and won't have half as much content as what the online mode will have."

Oh god, so much wrong with this...

An Online-only game? Mhmmm, so you have to be logged into Xbox Live/PSN to play? No? Then it's not an Online-only game. SP is disregarded completely!? Oh yeah, the bug fixes and major DLC were getting sure reflects that! And it only has half as much content!? That's not true at all, but I give you an F for effort.

"Yeah, I'm ready for the responses from users who got their jimmies rustled from my post,"

Nah, not jimmies rustled. No one gets their jimmies rustled from you, Bert. All anybody does is laugh at the bullsh*t you post while I correct you. It's become a thing, really.

Anyway, I doubt it, but I hope I helped open your eyes to stop being nothing but delusions!

Have a nice day :)

• baskerwil and CanOdope like this

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Great example of a Rockstar follower above me. "Everything Rockstar is doing is right, you're wrong". Give it a rest, stop acting like Rockstar are gaming geniuses, DLC is a scam and you know it. But I know there's no reasoning with Rockstar fans, they're always right, if a user posts something that even gives the slightest hint of criticism to Rockstar, they get angry at you.

• 2281 likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

why does everyone have to fu*king bitch everyday on every single fu*king thread.....

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Great example of a Rockstar follower above me. "Everything Rockstar is doing is right, you're wrong". Give it a rest, stop acting like Rockstar are gaming geniuses, DLC is a scam and you know it. But I know there's no reasoning with Rockstar fans, they're always right, if a user posts something that even gives the slightest hint of criticism to Rockstar, they get angry at you.

1) I never got angry at you.

2) I never posted anything praising Rockstar up there. Only facts that destroyed your illusions.

You gonna try and fix your broken logic with anything else? Or are you done here?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

why does everyone have to fu*king bitch everyday on every single fu*king thread.....

Because nothing is perfect.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by 2281, 10 December 2013 - 01:30 AM.

That would be because you are a butthurt fanboy who needs some common sense beaten into them.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

That would be because you are a butthurt fanboy who needs some common sense beaten into them.

everyone was like "waaaaaaaah rockstar dont care about single player waahaahahahahhahaa"

*single player dlc announced*

wahahahhahahhahahha wahahahaha

STFU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users