329 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Every time Alex/General posts, or someone replies directly to them, I'm like:

Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert_thumb1.gif?re

It's the work of first-class trolls going on here.

@General

I don't know what the hell game you played, but V had plenty of crime related missions. You do understand that there's more to crime than doing drive-bys (which you can do in V) and getting into ghetto shoot-outs (which you can also do in V), right?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 09:58 PM.

@General

I don't know what the hell game you played, but V had plenty of crime related missions. You do understand that there's more to crime than doing drive-bys (which you can do in V) and getting into ghetto shoot-outs (which you can also do in V), right?

@ niko bellic half brother

Bro, come on stop making me repeat myself. When I meant crime-related missions, I never just meant gangbangin' stuff, even though that was one of my most wanted features in this game. I don't know how many times I have to say this. 

There was not enough crime-related side missions for the game's size, in fact it was too few. Michael and Franklin had very little to none. Only Trevor had a handful, and they were very short and nothing too special. 

The random events were cool, but the best ones were scripted and could only be done once. In my view, it was just was not enough, and for it's size, it was quite appalling to be honest. 

• OGLuke and Mr. New Vegas like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Dem trolls, man, dem trolls!

• John Smith likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

@ Wolfhuman

I'm really beginning to doubt that you actually played San Andreas in the first place. The more I read your comments, the more I can see you don't make much sense. 

Well i guess 10 years of regular playing is not enough to say that i have actually played the game. Well, you are talking to a gta san andreas fanboy, I loved the game. But crime side missions? Not so much.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

@ Wolfhuman

I'm really beginning to doubt that you actually played San Andreas in the first place. The more I read your comments, the more I can see you don't make much sense. 

Well i guess 10 years of regular playing is not enough to say that i have actually played the game. Well, you are talking to a gta san andreas fanboy, I loved the game. But crime side missions? Not so much.

Well you clearly never played it properly. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

@General

I'm going to give you some healthy & sound advice here:

Play through the campaign once again, but do the following:

-Plan each of the heists differently than you did the first time

-Approach mission blips with a different protag than you did the first time (I understand it can be hard trying to remember every single mission, but try your best)

Once you do this, you'll see exactly where everything that was "missing" the first time round has gone, and hopefully you'll begin to appreciate just what R* have done here.

• Wolfhuman and RockstarMark like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

DLC with actual random events/non-scripted ala red dead redemption's ambient events. Isn't asking for much santa claus.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

@ Wolfhuman

Well you clearly never played it properly. 

Well i am interested in what you consider as: "crime".

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by Official General, 13 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

@General

-Approach mission blips with a different protag than you did the first time (I understand it can be hard trying to remember every single mission, but try your best)

Once you do this, you'll see exactly where everything that was "missing" the first time round has gone, and hopefully you'll begin to appreciate just what R* have done here.

I've tried everything with this game. The side missions were just not enough, that won't change as the game stands now, and that is my main complaint. Don't get me wrong I will play it again, and I will have a good time doing so, but what gets me is that it could have been so much more. I just hope SP DLC redeems it. 

The one thing I'm very grateful for is robbing stores though. I really enjoyed that. It would have even been better if I could have called up armed back for it. 

• Mr. New Vegas likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

@General

I've tried everything with this game. The side missions were just not enough, that won't change as the game stands now, and that is my main complaint. Don't get me wrong I will play it again, and I will have a good time doing so, but what gets me is that it could have been so much more. I just hope SP DLC redeems it. 

The one thing I'm very grateful for is robbing stores though. I really enjoyed that. It would have even been better if I could have called up armed back for it. 

Well i wasted my precious time to make up this list so i hope you bother to reply instead of ignoring like my previous post. This is probably the full list of all the side missions.

Side missions in San andreas:

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Challenges ( Ammu nation, BMX, Mt. Chiliad Challenge. NRG-500)

- Vehicle missions, Technically Police vigilante can't be considered a crime because you are the police.

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Odd jobs, courier, export, valet parking, Only export can be considered as = crime

- Pimping missions = Crime

- Robbery missions = Crime

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

* San Andreas had SO much crime-related side missions, it was like a wide-eyed, sweet-toothed kid in a giant candy store. On top of that, the streets were always poppin' with rival gangs having shootouts with each other, police/criminal encounters and drug-dealing. Crime-related stuff was focused on extremely well, so basket and gym was more than fine. 

I posted this because you seem to have the wrong view of  features/side missons. You don't seem to understand what crime is and you don't seem to understand that some things are quantity and not quality. And by your logic, Gta san andreas shouldn't be consider a: "GTA" game because it doesn't have enough crime. Gta V MP has some things that are quantity but yet people still want it in SP. I agree that some features should have been in gta 5 but not all because some are not quality. I know that since i actually bothered to play the game for weeks instead of quickly judging it or thinking that the game has not enough features and don't even bother playing it.

• John Smith and I<3GTAV like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Fairly sure R* reads these forums. If I wasn't I doubt I'd still be here.

Do they have the patience to plod through all the nansense to glean that golden nugget of useful insight? is anothe question indeed.

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'm probably going to talk a lot of pish here but bear with me (I'm half-cut)

GTA V just isn't for me, and I'm annoyed that it isn't because I love f*cking adore the GTA series. I want it to be something that it's not, there's too many little things I feel wrong with the game yet the majority are pleased with them so logically that makes me wrong.

Lets talk about the 'crime-related side missions', now please, don't misinterpret that as gang wars, we're not all wanting a San Andreas 2.0. In Vice City you could buy various properties and do missions. In GTA V you could buy  various properties and do missions, so what's the difference? Well, in Vice City you could buy an Ice Cream 'shop', the mission? (which you activated, no waiting on a phone call) Roam about in an Ice-Cream van selling coke to random peds, that was brilliant/funny and most importantly fun. In GTA V you could buy a pot shop (or whatever you Americans call it haha) and the mission? Find and bring a van to the shop. Brilliant.

Now that's just one example, there's literally hundreds but I really don't want to bore you all.

I just didn't feel apart of the world in GTA V, I felt I had no incentive to do sh*t and that might just be me, and that's what makes this whole post might be pointless because as if I'm going to convince people who think otherwise.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 12:16 AM.

@General

Well i wasted my precious time to make up this list so i hope you bother to reply instead of ignoring like my previous post. This is probably the full list of all the side missions.

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Vehicle missions, Technically Police vigilante can't be considered a crime because you are the police.

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Odd jobs, courier, export, valet parking, Only export can be considered as = crime

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

* San Andreas had SO much crime-related side missions, it was like a wide-eyed, sweet-toothed kid in a giant candy store. On top of that, the streets were always poppin' with rival gangs having shootouts with each other, police/criminal encounters and drug-dealing. Crime-related stuff was focused on extremely well, so basket and gym was more than fine. 

I posted this because you seem to have the wrong view of  features/side missons. You don't seem to understand what crime is and you don't seem to understand that some things are quantity and not quality. And by your logic, Gta san andreas shouldn't be consider a: "GTA" game because it doesn't have enough crime. Gta V MP has some things that are quantity but yet people still want it in SP. I agree that some features should have been in gta 5 but not all because some are not quality. I know that since i actually bothered to play the game for weeks instead of quickly judging it or thinking that the game has not enough features and don't even bother playing it.

You forgot :

* Intercepting drug packages from Caesar's tip offs. 

* Car Theft missions

* Vigilante missions are still crimes. Vigilante justice is a crime in most Western nations. Sorry I'm not accepting your claim that they are not.

* Trucker missions involves transporting illegal goods, cargo and contraband. 

* Quarry missions involves very violent competition between two rival construction companies

* Rampages

* Illegal gambling at the bookies.

In addition to what you wrote, that is 10 crime-related side missions to keep the player occupied. More than enough. Try again pal. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 December 2013 - 12:18 AM.

GTA V just isn't for me, and I'm annoyed that it isn't because I love f*cking adore the GTA series. I want it to be something that it's not, there's too many little things I feel wrong with the game yet the majority are pleased with them so logically that makes me wrong.

Lets talk about the 'crime-related side missions', now please, don't misinterpret that as gang wars, we're not all wanting a San Andreas 2.0. In Vice City you could buy various properties and do missions. In GTA V you could buy  various properties and do missions, so what's the difference? Well, in Vice City you could buy an Ice Cream 'shop', the mission? (which you activated, no waiting on a phone call) Roam about in an Ice-Cream van selling coke to random peds, that was brilliant/funny and most importantly fun. In GTA V you could buy a pot shop (or whatever you Americans call it haha) and the mission? Find and bring a van to the shop. Brilliant.

Now that's just one example, there's literally hundreds but I really don't want to bore you all.

I just didn't feel apart of the world in GTA V, I felt I had no incentive to do sh*t and that might just be me, and that's what makes this whole post might be pointless because as if I'm going to convince people who think otherwise.

You're new, so you don't know that 99% of the forum is ignorant as f*ck and will never accept another opinion, even if it's right and theirs are wrong.

*Cough*Bert somehow thinking 95% of the game is broken  :facedesk:*Cough*

Official: Vigilante is a tough nut to crack when talking about legal/illegal, since it depends ENTIRELY on the situation.

Of course, going around in a police car and killing criminals is illegal  :lol:

• CanOdope, Militia and Mr. New Vegas like this

Mr. New Vegas
  • Mr. New Vegas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

You're new, so you don't know that 99% of the forum is ignorant as f*ck and will never accept another opinion, even if it's right and theirs are wrong.

*Cough*Bert somehow thinking 95% of the game is broken  :facedesk:*Cough*

Jesus, just re-read what I wrote, what a lot of sh*te haha, need to lay off drink before posting!

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

@General

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

You forgot :

In addition to what you wrote, that is 9 crime-related side missions to keep the player occupied. More than enough. Try again pal. 

I removed things that i mentioned. Its a game, you can be the police if you want so i wouldn't consider that a crime. Rampages? You mean the multiplayer thing? Weren't we talking about SP? Quarry, crime? Pff, seems like you want to see every thing as crime. Well 6 crime related missions from the 18. Wow, that is sure much.

Well then has gta 5 much more, did you even played strangers and freaks? And if you are saying that some of those crime missions are short or stupid well then i can say the same thing about, exports and pimping.

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

@General

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

You forgot :

* Car Theft missions

* Vigilante missions are still crimes. Vigilante justice is a crime in most Western nations. Sorry I'm not accepting your claim that they are not.

* Quarry missions involves very violent competition between two rival construction companies

* Rampages

* Illegal gambling at the bookies.

In addition to what you wrote, that is 10 crime-related side missions to keep the player occupied. More than enough. Try again pal. 

V is broken for you because it didn't include any of this? Well each to their own I guess, but I didn't miss a single thing from that list.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by Official General, 14 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

@General

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

You forgot :

In addition to what you wrote, that is 9 crime-related side missions to keep the player occupied. More than enough. Try again pal. 

I removed things that i mentioned. Its a game, you can be the police if you want so i wouldn't consider that a crime. Rampages? You mean the multiplayer thing? Weren't we talking about SP? Quarry, crime? Pff, seems like you want to see every thing as crime. Well 6 crime related missions from the 18. Wow, that is sure much.

Well then has gta 5 much more, did you even played strangers and freaks? And if you are saying that some of those crime missions are short or stupid well then i can say the same thing about, exports and pimping.

@ Wolfhuman 

* I think you are trifle thick. Just because you steal a police car and kill criminals, it does not make you a police officer. It's not about what you consider, it's facts about what a situation like that really is. You do that in anywhere in America and see what happens. I dare you to say, " may actions meant I was working as police " - you will be getting a lethal injection or 25 to life before you even take the stand. Lol, you are so stupid it's unreal. 

* The quarry stuff involved killing people, getting rid of bodies, and stealing vehicles. Not a crime right ? Okay lol 

* No, rampages were in the SP of San Andreas. Don't you remember rampages from the GTA III era ? Your credibility is getting weaker and weaker each time you talk. 

That was 10 different sets of crime side missions I counted in total for SA - that is a lot, more than enough in a GTA game. 

I played Strangers and Freaks. Smoking weed and having weird dreams, not impressed. Having a jogging race with a hyped-up lady, oooh exciting. Towing cars away in a tow truck - yeah so amazing. Taking pics of celebrities - fun for a while, not exactly anything high-octane though. Look, that stuff was not all that great and most would agree. 

V is broken for you because it didn't include any of this? Well each to their own I guess, but I didn't miss a single thing from that list

No I never said such a thing. Stop making sh*t up. I'm having a specific conversation with Wolfhuman, that was a response to that and not quite relating to what you are asking here. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

@OfficialGeneral

Just taking pics of celebrities, seriously?

You had to chase the rotweiller of Kerry McIntosh through a portion of Portola Drive to steal it's 5,000$ valued leash.

You had to tresspass into the LS Country club and kill Mark Fostenburg and his bodyguards to steal his Golf club

You had to enter the Tequila-La bar and have a fight with Willie to get his golden tooth.

You had to break in inside of (I forgot his name)'s mansion to get his underwear, knocking out the gardener in the proccess.

You had to chase Al Dinapoli through LS just to right at the end crash through an hospital and kidnapp him.

Now there is a lot of crime related to that, even if you like it or not.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

@OfficialGeneral

Just taking pics of celebrities, seriously?

You had to chase the rotweiller of Kerry McIntosh through a portion of Portola Drive to steal it's 5,000$ valued leash.

You had to tresspass into the LS Country club and kill Mark Fostenburg and his bodyguards to steal his Golf club

You had to enter the Tequila-La bar and have a fight with Willie to get his golden tooth.

You had to break in inside of (I forgot his name)'s mansion to get his underwear, knocking out the gardener in the proccess.

You had to chase Al Dinapoli through LS just to right at the end crash through an hospital and kidnapp him.

Now there is a lot of crime related to that, even if you like it or not.

Yeah taking pics was ok, and it involved crime indeed, but for it's size GTA V should have had much more than it offered. I cannot see anyway this can be defended. 

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:57 AM

@General

- Vehicle schools

- Races

- Stadium missions

- Trucking missions

- Quarry missions

- Freight missions

- Beat the .....

- Lowrider challenge

- Gang wars = Crime

You forgot :

@ Wolfhuman 

* I think you are trifle thick. Just because you steal a police car and kill criminals, it does not make you a police officer. It's not about what you consider, it's facts about what a situation like that really is. You do that in anywhere in America and see what happens. I dare you to say, " I did it because I'm police " - you will be getting a lethal injection or 25 to life before you even take the stand.

* The quarry stuff involved killing people, getting rid of bodies, and stealing vehicles. Not a crime right ? Okay lol 

* No, rampages were in the SP of San Andreas. Don't you remember rampages from the GTA III era ? Your credibility is getting weaker and weaker each time you talk. 

That was 10 different sets of crime side missions I counted in total for SA - that is a lot, more than enough in a GTA game. 

I played Strangers and Freaks. Smoking weed and having weird dreams, not impressed. Having a jogging race with a hyped-up lady, oooh exciting. Towing cars away in a tow truck - yeah so amazing. Taking pics of celebrities - fun for a while, not exactly anything high-octane though. Look, that stuff was not all that great and most would agree. 

V is broken for you because it didn't include any of this? Well each to their own I guess, but I didn't miss a single thing from that list

No I never said such a thing. Stop making sh*t up. I'm having a specific conversation with Wolfhuman not quite relating to what you are asking here. 

Well since you consider police vigilante as a crime and i don't, just let keep this one out, shall we. Quarry, wel i will consider that as crime then. Rampages can only be activated in MULTIplayer but we are talking about SINGLEplayer. Well there are more then 10 crime side mission in gta v (don't even bothered to actually count that because its more then that). So what is the problem then with gta v? Now you don't make any sense at all. And your credibility is getting ultra weaker and weaker when you talk.

Well bringing cars and picking up hookers is: "also" not quality..wow stealing a car and bringing it back...wow picking up a hooker and bringing her to the location..epic

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by MrPeteyMax, 14 December 2013 - 01:02 AM.

NEW AND EXCITING DLC.

Only £25.99 plua VAT and shipping. Downloading online? F*ck you we're charging you for shipping anyways.

• AlexL likes this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

I didn't start this thread so I can't read the OP's mind but the title suggests this might be a place to discuss the potential for a single-player DLC.

Or is this a place to explain at long lengths why ppl who want such a thing are wrong.

I'm happy that some people want nothing more from this game but they seem to need something in general because they come of as very angry and unsettled.. as well as have waaay too much time on their hands.
  • Militia likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by Wolfhuman, 14 December 2013 - 01:30 AM.

I didn't start this thread so I can't read the OP's mind but the title suggests this might be a place to discuss the potential for a single-player DLC.

Or is this a place to explain at long lengths why ppl who want such a thing are wrong.

I'm happy that some people want nothing more from this game but they seem to need something in general because they come of as very angry and unsettled.. as well as have waaay too much time on their hands.

We do actually discuss about the single-player dlc, read all the posts again.

*edit: spelling

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

Still in my view, MP and SP are equally. But if that isn't enough to support my post: some features in MP is useless and is quantity. People were mad that the police vigilante missions are not in gta 5. You only shoot down a criminal and that's it! I rather have these features cut out because they don't make sense. Yeah yoga, but that wasn't in gta iv.

And about R* milking money, thank god that they don't release the same game ever year and then charge you for DLC because if you don't buy it then you can't play with other players who has the DLC.

- Purchasing safehouses
- Trains that stop and can be destroyed
- Inventory menu
- A lot more clothing options
- Car insurance & delivery
- Merryweather backup (Could have been something else in SP)
- Favors from Lester
- Much bigger garages
- Taking a shower
- Wanted for being spotted in a stolen car
- Inviting strippers to your house
- Quick GPS
- Large minimap mode
- Selling cars
- Content creator
- Freeroam heists

Yeah tell me more about equal....
This plus more interiors like a casino and horse racing, dirty bike arena, mall, all items like cigs and ecola can be bought and used in inventory.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Lol

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Prankster

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

enter all interiors! this is must for we

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by jptawok, 18 December 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Completely off topic, but you guys really need to snip those giant quotes to the quotes you actually plan to address.  Like this:

snip

Well bringing cars and picking up hookers is: "also" not quality..wow stealing a car and bringing it back...wow picking up a hooker and bringing her to the location..epic

See?  Makes the thread much more readable for everyone.

Carry on gents.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Completely off topic, but you guys really need to snip those giant quotes to the quotes you actually plan to address.  Like this:

snip

See?  Makes the thread much more readable for everyone.

Carry on gents.

Carry on? People seemed to stop.

//thread

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Carry on? People seemed to stop.

//thread

Not anymore.