CONFIRMED: Heists coming in 2014

174 replies to this topic
marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

I don't think 100% are working on anything whatsoever.  I mean, look at what's been done since the game went live...hardly anything at all.

Fair point.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Why are some people thinking when they say 2014, they mean like the end of next year? That's silly. It will most likely be Jan or Feb, March tops.

And those complaining they said Online Heists would be included from launch? Go back and watch the trailers. They said no such thing. They said they would release it after, which is what they're doing.

Rockstar has no problems in cutting our mission payouts NOW, then come and calmly say "We expect Heists to be the major source of income". Sure.. problem is, while they are pulling words out of their ass, one lil` problem still persists: We STILL don`t have supposedly the best way of making money in the game, but we already have nerfed missions and cash cards. Convenient, isn`t it?

And replaying the same 4-6 missions is getting old...

I never understood this viewpoint. Yes, I agree on the mission variety is limited, and I agree completely that it needs some mixing up, but I strongly disagree on the mission payouts. As you progress on, a lot of missions give you some good amount of cash: there's one mission, available after level 40, that gives out 12k and it's short. And the best part, it's different to most missions I've played on. There's also Survivals, which are easy to do once you get competent people to play with. That's an easy 20k after what, 7 mins of play? And it's repeatable. Just need to find what pays out the most.

The point is that balancing your mission rewards around an activity which does not yet exist and may not exist for months to come is a pretty odd way to design a game.

Nerfing mission payouts across the board DISCOURAGED variety IMO. With the full payout you could make good money playing any mission, with the reduced payouts you only get good money by grinding the best missions (like Coveted, the mission you're mentioning, which was an exception to paycut anyway). If they had done a targeted nerf to mission farming that would've been fine but a global nerf was silly. Well it seems a little less silly now that they've also brought races down to the same baseline.. but still a lot of missions feel under-rewarding on the half-payout.

Also 10 waves of Survival in 7 mins, really? So a wave every 42 seconds.. including weapon pickup times... and spawn delays midround and dealing with vehicles? Frankly 20 minutes seems like a fairer estimate. And that isn't from lack of skill that's from "the enemies don't spawn in fast enough or get stuck at the edge of the map". Or is one map significantly better than the others for spawns?

• Gigabomber likes this

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Why are some people thinking when they say 2014, they mean like the end of next year? That's silly. It will most likely be Jan or Feb, March tops.

And those complaining they said Online Heists would be included from launch? Go back and watch the trailers. They said no such thing. They said they would release it after, which is what they're doing.

Rockstar has no problems in cutting our mission payouts NOW, then come and calmly say "We expect Heists to be the major source of income". Sure.. problem is, while they are pulling words out of their ass, one lil` problem still persists: We STILL don`t have supposedly the best way of making money in the game, but we already have nerfed missions and cash cards. Convenient, isn`t it?

And replaying the same 4-6 missions is getting old...

I never understood this viewpoint. Yes, I agree on the mission variety is limited, and I agree completely that it needs some mixing up, but I strongly disagree on the mission payouts. As you progress on, a lot of missions give you some good amount of cash: there's one mission, available after level 40, that gives out 12k and it's short. And the best part, it's different to most missions I've played on. There's also Survivals, which are easy to do once you get competent people to play with. That's an easy 20k after what, 7 mins of play? And it's repeatable. Just need to find what pays out the most.

The point is that balancing your mission rewards around an activity which does not yet exist and may not exist for months to come is a pretty odd way to design a game.

Nerfing mission payouts across the board DISCOURAGED variety IMO. With the full payout you could make good money playing any mission, with the reduced payouts you only get good money by grinding the best missions (like Coveted, the mission you're mentioning, which was an exception to paycut anyway). If they had done a targeted nerf to mission farming that would've been fine but a global nerf was silly. Well it seems a little less silly now that they've also brought races down to the same baseline.. but still a lot of missions feel under-rewarding on the half-payout.

Also 10 waves of Survival in 7 mins, really? So a wave every 42 seconds.. including weapon pickup times... and spawn delays midround and dealing with vehicles? Frankly 20 minutes seems like a fairer estimate. And that isn't from lack of skill that's from "the enemies don't spawn in fast enough or get stuck at the edge of the map". Or is one map significantly better than the others for spawns?

Nobody cares though, because for some reason the majority here agree that Rockstar's answer to people glitching and hacking was to DECREASE the mission payouts instead of increase them so people had a legitimate way to make money.  Does that make any sense whatsoever?

• B3astGTS likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Tantrix sounds like you will be leaving us soon then.
Sorry I didn't get to shoot you since you seem to only get stuck with the 12 year olds.

But hey, complainers will complain.

And some people just want to be part of current trends so bad they will make up any excuse they can to defend it's shortfalls. 

"Rockstar are gods, and GTA V is the best game EVAH!"   <---  Day Reaper saying his prayers at night.  :lol:
At least im not the idiot who spent money on a game only to complain about it.
Guess that makes you the bigger dumbass. Huh?

Not really...I'd think someone still praising something that's been out for damn near 3 months and not only wasn't complete when it was released, but is still plagued with problems the bigger dumbass.  You can go hang your GTA V poster now.
If you find yourself saying this sh*t....find a real gun and kill your f*cking self.

Don't say that.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by Tantrix, 10 December 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Tantrix sounds like you will be leaving us soon then.
Sorry I didn't get to shoot you since you seem to only get stuck with the 12 year olds.

But hey, complainers will complain.

And some people just want to be part of current trends so bad they will make up any excuse they can to defend it's shortfalls. 

"Rockstar are gods, and GTA V is the best game EVAH!"   <---  Day Reaper saying his prayers at night.  :lol:
At least im not the idiot who spent money on a game only to complain about it.
Guess that makes you the bigger dumbass. Huh?

Not really...I'd think someone still praising something that's been out for damn near 3 months and not only wasn't complete when it was released, but is still plagued with problems the bigger dumbass.  You can go hang your GTA V poster now.
If you find yourself saying this sh*t....find a real gun and kill your f*cking self.

Don't say that.

It's ok.  No armchair commando on the internet (especially gtaforums) could convince me to, they're still trying to convince themselves the game isn't broken...lmao.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

Sorry for offending you Titrium.
Suicide is not funny and I apologize to anyone who had to experience that with someone they knew.
Sorry , let my fingers do the thinking on that last part. My bad.

M_Redfield
  • M_Redfield

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

I can see it now...

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST ROBBED THE FEDERAL RESERVE!

Payout: $25,000

I just can't see Rockstar making it worth our while with the cash cards out there. Heists probably won't be repeatable, and won't pay out enough to buy cars/helicopters/tanks all willy-nilly. 

• Phyxsius- likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

I can see it now...

I just can't see Rockstar making it worth our while with the cash cards out there. Heists probably won't be repeatable, and won't pay out enough to buy cars/helicopters/tanks all willy-nilly. 

You shouldnt be able to buy the best tank/heli/car in the game all willy-nilly. It should be a slow progression. At the start you have a basic car, after a week you can afford a garage a sports car and a new gun, 2 weeks you can have a couple rides and a cheap apartment. There should be things you work for. This game was not supposed to be gta 4 on a new map. The problem is there is too many impatient children who were upset you couldnt afford everything in the game after 8 hours of gameplay so they had to glitch. Even with mission payouts the game progression is not slow. I play for a few hours a week and have made a few million without grinding.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

Considering some missions pay that, i'd guess more towards 45-60k if we're going for bare minimums..

That said, if you got the above number, you'd have to wait for x-amount of time before doing another, which will probably be less because they've "emptied out this weeks cash" kinda deal...

gavakas
  • gavakas

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I can see it now...

You shouldnt be able to buy the best tank/heli/car in the game all willy-nilly. It should be a slow progression. At the start you have a basic car, after a week you can afford a garage a sports car and a new gun, 2 weeks you can have a couple rides and a cheap apartment. There should be things you work for. This game was not supposed to be gta 4 on a new map. The problem is there is too many impatient children who were upset you couldnt afford everything in the game after 8 hours of gameplay so they had to glitch. Even with mission payouts the game progression is not slow. I play for a few hours a week and have made a few million without grinding.

Problem is, you can't find anyone to do missions with and 85% has glitched so you can't be the sheep among wolves.

Unless r* fixes that glitches and takes away the glitched material, I won't stop glitching.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

The few people that weren't heavily glitching were slapped in the face by the decrease in payouts, causing them to continue/reconsider glitching.

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

I don't think I will even care by time they're released. Do they mean early 2014? Either which way, most of the excitement I've had for heists has been dwindled down long before this announcement. These elements (heists and Content Creator) were announced before launch and people have been waiting ever since. The useless updates, Beach Bum DLC Dissapointment, Failure to fix bugs, etc. have only blurred the original view of heaven spewed by Rockstar. When you actually play, it's just alot of useless levels, repetitive activities, low incentives (Money and RP payouts), bugs, and trolls. All of which push people away from this game. It all seems really convoluted at this point.

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

so basically we won't get them in the next month. Maybe sometime in the 12 after that

M_Redfield
  • M_Redfield

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

I can see it now...

We're two months into online and most people who play normally have only been able to afford basic cars and basic apartments - and that's with a $500k bonus. 

There's patience, and then there's just bad game design.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 December 2013 - 04:22 AM.

Nobody cares though, because for some reason the majority here agree that Rockstar's answer to people glitching and hacking was to DECREASE the mission payouts instead of increase them so people had a legitimate way to make money.  Does that make any sense whatsoever?

Mission payouts were decreased because people were farming them like crazy and racking up good money. Ten of millions good money, money. That was kinda denying their (Rockstar`s) goal of selling ingame money for IRL money.

The only answer to cheaters is bans, but I`m just a dreamer...

[EDIT] 2014 likely in March is too late for me.

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

after you do it like 3 times it's going to become a grind.  i dont get all the rose colored glasses over this.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

I can see it now...

We're two months into online and most people who play normally have only been able to afford basic cars and basic apartments - and that's with a $500k bonus. 

Thats just not true. Its pretty easy to make at least 80k an hour without replaying anything with the current payouts. Sell baller 9k, simean vehicle 9k, rob a store, do coveted, do survial, and you have about 50k in 35mins or so. do another mission and sell another baller or felon, good chance you will see a armored truck during this to rob. I have an entity, vacca, exmplar and other modded cars 10 car garage with the 250k apartment and have played around 4 hours a week. you can earn enough money to buy the most expensive apartment in about 5 hours of gameplay. if you have played the game a few hours a week for a month and can only afford basic cars with a free 500k which is double the cost of an apartment with a 10 car garage you are doing something wrong.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 December 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Mission payouts were decreased because people were farming them like crazy and racking up good money. Ten of millions good money, money. That was kinda denying their (Rockstar`s) goal of selling ingame money for IRL money.

The only answer to cheaters is bans, but I`m just a dreamer...

I don't think glitching is any worse than going to the game store and buying GTA dollars (the only real issue with glitching is it seems like everyone has money these days - but it's more piracy than cheating).

But on topic, I'm guessing it was easy to quickly update the missions but harder to patch LSC, but the fact that it's taken so long for it to be patched and we never had a period of 'no car sales' - it makes me wonder if there was some kind of strategy there.

I mean all the people who found the grind too painstaking (time wise) aren't actually bitching about mission payouts.

New players will want to catch up to everyone else, and without glitches (in the future) or high payouts on missions - they're going to really really want cash cards. Previous glitchers who got used to their millions, will eventually run out, and potentially buy cash cards (not sure on that).

I can't be sure, but has Rockstar mixed up it's priority in game or doing it on purpose? Just food for thought.

SantasLittlePyro
  • SantasLittlePyro

Fisting Expert

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

I can see it now...

Thats just not true. Its pretty easy to make at least 80k an hour without replaying anything with the current payouts. Sell baller 9k, simean vehicle 9k, rob a store, do coveted, do survial, and you have about 50k in 35mins or so. do another mission and sell another baller or felon, good chance you will see a armored truck during this to rob. I have an entity, vacca, exmplar and other modded cars 10 car garage with the 250k apartment and have played around 4 hours a week. you can earn enough money to buy the most expensive apartment in about 5 hours of gameplay. if you have played the game a few hours a week for a month and can only afford basic cars with a free 500k which is double the cost of an apartment with a 10 car garage you are doing something wrong.

In a perfect world...

You'd be surprised how much distractions and time is spent actually enjoying the game instead of mindlessly grinding cash (even if that may be the most efficient way of gaining it).

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:48 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 10 December 2013 - 04:50 AM.

In a perfect world...

You'd be surprised how much distractions and time is spent actually enjoying the game instead of mindlessly grinding cash (even if that may be the most efficient way of gaining it).

Yep, 100%.

I think some people don't mind the focused grind, some actually like chaining survivals, and I think some just don't care about the cars and stuff. If you don't fit those categories, it's rather painful.

At the start, remember farming Violent Duct etc, it was sweet as legit. Yeah you had to grind, but when you spotted your money going up it felt good. But now I'm just not getting any kind of satisfaction - I get frustrated - so I gave in. Have been having more fun since.

If I bought GTA:V for somebody else, I'd make sure to include a GTA cash card with it.

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

Sorry for offending you Tritium.
Suicide is not funny and I apologize to anyone who had to experience that with someone they knew.
Sorry , let my fingers do the thinking on that last part. My bad.

You didn't offend me, however telling someone to kill themselves, whether joking or not, is a very bad idea.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

I can see it now...

If you want to work that bad get a job (or get a second one if you already have a job). Games are supposed to be fun, not an artificial grind to encourage you to spend money on virtual currency. I hate this whole culture that's evolved about games being about collecting things. The point is to have fun with the things you have, not to just collect them.

If you dont want the fun items quickly, then you can take your time. If I want to race super cars, or go on a rampage with a mini-gun, I shouldn't be forced to grind for weeks.

• Phyxsius- likes this

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

Most likely in f*cking April of 2014. Can't wait.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 December 2013 - 05:45 AM.

I can't be sure, but has Rockstar mixed up it's priority in game or doing it on purpose? Just food for thought.

They probably prepared the players by claiming this is a persistent environment, ala MMOs. Thing is, there is nothing persistent in this game, if we don`t count the map, or player state - and that is hardly a feature in 2013.

But idiots will remember they heard somewhere that this is an MMO.. and MMOs are all about grinding, right? SO they`ll be content in their ignorance.

So, now, they are nerfing the missions and making money hard to come by, just like a MMO... only this is NOT a MMO... but gives the perfect excuse for it. The idiots that they are (Rockstar) are transforming this into a crap Korean grind game ala Lineage series - go grind the same boring mob over and over and over again - like survivals and RP grinds, since we just made the missions not worthy for their money per minute/hour ratio.

This is just my personal opinion. I am tired of games that make me work more than I can play and have fun. And there are some missions in this game - high level missions - which pay less than a heavy armor + 3-4 C4 charges. That doesn`t count ANY OTHER expense. Having a negative balance at the end of a missions is stupid. And playing only with a pistol to have any decent profit is ridiculous.

• SpidersWeb likes this

Heists DLC 2014
  • Heists DLC 2014

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Such hate going on

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

by the time it takes rockstar to release a dlc that should have been included in main online play, we will all have xbox ones.

online play in this game is dead.

if they waited for new console release they could have fit so much more into this game, as well as fixed so many bugs we all had problems with.

personally, I'm over it. the game was fun while it lasted.

every time I sign on GTAO now, i am only doing it because I'm bored. Cruising around the city, and killing random people is the only good part of this game any more. and that gets old real fast.

so much potential... so much.... wasted...

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:10 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 10 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

GTA Online Update: Free Deathmatch & Race Creators this Week, Capture Mode and More on the Way

http://www.rockstarg...eek-captur.html

Finally! This week we will be able to create :)

Capture

Also in December, we will introduce possibly our favorite competitive team mode, Capture.

A proper GTA twist on classic capture the flag, Capture mode brings territory infiltration and a new form of team-versus-team treachery into GTA Online.

Up to four squads battle to steal contraband, trucks, buses or whatever from opponents' bases using high-speed vehicles, explosive weaponry and cunning teamwork.

Craft, cooperation and team tactics are key.

The free Capture update will bring a host of new jobs to GTA Online, accessible via the open world and also directly through your phone.  

Capture is broken down into four variations - ‘Raid’, ‘Contend’, ‘Hold’ and ‘GTA’ – we will give you full details on each of these next week.

gameunit
  • gameunit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

2014 ? Yay ! I'll just wait for gta VI
  • iiGh0STt likes this

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

I hope we can create COMPLETE DARKNESS areas. You know rely on the stupid flashlights I have purchased for my weapons...make it like TLOUS!! How thrilling would that be ... who awaits in the darkness?

This would be really cool, actually. Maybe the factory Franklin, Lamar, and Stretch go to in the beginning of the campaign?

A near pitch-black abandoned warehouse being mostly illuminated by flashlights on guns and molotov cocktails would be amazing, especially if it was full of highly flammable material, like a paper factory or something.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

I don't see the logic behind insulting somebody for being a fan of Rockstar on a fansite for their most popular game series. I've just been sitting here reading all of these comments and I have to ask: Do you people even know what site you are on right now, or do you just bounce from forum to forum to insult people for being a fan of something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users