Photo

CONFIRMED: Heists coming in 2014

174 replies to this topic
JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 09 December 2013 - 08:37 PM.

iksJ0.gif

PS4 is two thousand dollars in my country so i care.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Exactly. Bored. Move on. No need to mope and cry only to wait for the updates only to complain some more when they are finally released. Because that is all I read on a consistent basis in here. And I understand what you are saying about glitching for 30 minutes and then playing for hours....but notice how no one who actually does that complains....its the multi-millionaires with their "Free" cars and nothing else to do.

I enjoy the core gameplay. It is what it is.
The truth is you modern gamers are so f*cking spoiled. That's the f*cking truth.

I think they didn't enjoy the game, so started glitching to get all the things, they were doomed to begin with.

As for modern gamers being different. They aren't. I collect old computing/gaming hardware - and back then you could buy hardware cartridges that would let you hack games within seconds off the shelf. I remember watching people hack games using hex editors to modify the base code for extra cash. I can still remember "IDKFA" "IDDQD" etc from Doom. Something that almost every Doom player at the time knew off by heart. Sierra sold more handbook guides to Leisure Suit Larry than they did actual software because it was pirated so much and people didn't want to work it out for themselves. Piracy and Cheating - it's not new. 

What is new, is we have to read the 'I'm bored posts' and deal with trolls online.

It will be nice once they're gone.

Wallywhitehurst
  • Wallywhitehurst

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

I love an announcement that pretty much announces there will be another announcement in the future.

Oh well at least it's some sort of timeline.
  • vince91 likes this

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

cool whats next? new content for my N64?

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by Tantrix, 09 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

That means it's really coming in 2015, and by that time 50% of the player base will have already quit the game altogether.  They can't even fix what's broken in the game, yet they're planning all kinds of DLC to shut all the kids up on here.  Good plan, Rockstar.

Yeah it's not like they delayed it by months or anything while they worked on bug fixes.

Who cares how long it takes? 50% of the people gone...good riddance. Go play something else then. Just like the last few years of GTA 4 Multiplayer...after the bored kids left...GTA 4 multiplayer became awesome.

Die hard fans of GTA 5 will stay and that will be great, instead of those who just want to make a "statement" just so they can say they "beat" the online mode...whatever that means.

That's funny, considering kids are about the only people left in GTA:O.  It's also why I play GTA IV on PC and not console, be cause I don't have to put up with bullsh*t from kids.  And I absolutely love this...here's a snip from a post you made earlier:

Because the game isn't targeted to the 13 year old with nothing better to do than glitch for 5 hours..

LMFAO...that appears to be exactly who they targeted from day 1!

You are in hardcore denial mode, man.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Bad move, everyone is moving on to PS4 & XB1 next year so who is going to give a f*ck.

It's the game releases that will make the difference - as always.

We actually bought a second 360 yesterday - so my partner could play Forza 5 and Forza Horizon while I played GTAO.

(We also have a PS3, but she did not enjoy GT5).

Would have got an XB1, but Forza 5 (while impressive) was too content limited for my liking to buy a next gen console for.

• Anti Warhol likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Bad move, everyone is moving on to PS4 & XB1 next year so who is going to give a f*ck.

I will and the rest of the unspoiled gamers and folks who cant afford a PS4 or Xbox One.
Not everyone has they mommy buying their toys.
I played GTA 4 Multiplayer up until SEPTEMBER 17, 2013...and there were no ONLINE UPDATES and guess what?
The lobbies were always busy despite no updates, no missions, no crews, no cars or properties or promises by Rockstar and it was still fun for me.
So no, I disagree with the notion that by summer 2014 no one will be playing GTA 5 Online....that is absurd.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

That means it's really coming in 2015, and by that time 50% of the player base will have already quit the game altogether.  They can't even fix what's broken in the game, yet they're planning all kinds of DLC to shut all the kids up on here.  Good plan, Rockstar.

Yeah it's not like they delayed it by months or anything while they worked on bug fixes.

Who cares how long it takes? 50% of the people gone...good riddance. Go play something else then. Just like the last few years of GTA 4 Multiplayer...after the bored kids left...GTA 4 multiplayer became awesome.

Die hard fans of GTA 5 will stay and that will be great, instead of those who just want to make a "statement" just so they can say they "beat" the online mode...whatever that means.

That's funny, considering kids are about the only people left in GTA:O.  It's also why I play GTA IV on PC and not console, be cause I don't have to put up with bullsh*t from kids.  And I absolutely love this...here's a snip from a post you made earlier:

Because the game isn't targeted to the 13 year old with nothing better to do than glitch for 5 hours..

Like Rated R movies....everyone knows children will get their hands on what they shouldn't have. And the way parenting is these days...12 year olds get whatever they want. I mean, if you were a parent...how else could you make your kids go away for hours on end?
What I was saying is...adults like myself don't have time to waste glitching and then COMPLAINING about being BORED.

If their target was the 12 year old crowds....they could have remade the game with a little less violence and gotten a "PG-13 rating" and have sold 5 BILLION COPIES the first week!

Oh and kids are the only ones left on GTAO ?
Really? Funny how I know Marines and Army folks with their own crews who game every night.

What you meant to say was...."its the 12 year olds who are ruining the game by glitching so much that they are the ones getting in tanks and ruining everyone elses enjoyment because that's the only enjoyment they can muster."

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

bet the heist dlc cost money to buy.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Like Rated R movies....everyone knows children will get their hands on what they shouldn't have. And the way parenting is these days...12 year olds get whatever they want. I mean, if you were a parent...how else could you make your kids go away for hours on end?
What I was saying is...adults like myself don't have time to waste glitching and then COMPLAINING about being BORED.

If their target was the 12 year old crowds....they could have remade the game with a little less violence and gotten a "PG-13 rating" and have sold 5 BILLION COPIES the first week!

If you think that the majority of players on GTA 5 are adults, you really are oblivious.  Rockstar knew from the beginning that every 15 year old in the country had this game pre-ordered as soon as they could.  Adults are the minority on console games, even the GTA series.  I can fire up both the PS3 and my PC and launch GTA V and GTA IV, and in a game of 16 (what consoles are limited to) and a game of 32 (what PC is limited to) I will have more kids in the 16-player GTA V lobby than the 32-player GTA IV lobby.  Yep...that's right, twice the players on PC, half of the problems.  GTA V will continue to be a disaster until it comes out on PC just like GTA IV was.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 09:06 PM.

how else could you make your kids go away for hours on end?

Give them a copy of Playboy. Will be gone for days, and rather tired.

Apparently though, nudity is more offensive than murder and calling people a ni***ga b**ch over the mic?

They've already announced it as being free.

If you think that the majority of players on GTA 5 are adults, you really are oblivious. 

Survey's I've seen suggest 21-30 is the largest audience.

I'm sure a large chunk of 15-18 year olds bought the game - and probably make up a large chunk of the audience, but adults (18+) - which is a much much larger age range - still make up the overall majority. If you think people stop buying games when they turn 18, you're mistaken, by a long shot.

My issue isn't usually 'young adults' but actually the 12-15 year olds. You know they're that age because of the squeeky voice. Even then I only hear it rarely, most of the time you don't hear anyone in the game lobby at all. 

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by Tantrix, 09 December 2013 - 09:15 PM.

how else could you make your kids go away for hours on end?

Give them a copy of Playboy. Will be gone for days, and rather tired.

Apparently though, nudity is more offensive than murder and calling people a ni***ga b**ch over the mic?

They've already announced it as being free.

If you think that the majority of players on GTA 5 are adults, you really are oblivious. 

Survey's I've seen suggest 21-30 is the largest audience.

I'm sure a large chunk of 15-18 year olds bought the game - and probably make up a large chunk of the audience, but adults (18+) - which is a much much larger age range - still make up the overall majority. If you think people stop buying games when they turn 18, you're mistaken, by a long shot.

My issue isn't usually 'young adults' but actually the 12-15 year olds. You know they're that age because of the squeeky voice. Even then I only hear it rarely, most of the time you don't hear anyone in the game lobby at all. 

If ages 21-30 is the largest audience, that's pretty sad...because there shouldn't be that many retards in a lobby with only 16 people in it.

And I don't know what magical lobbies you join but before I joined a crew SPECIFICALLY composed of adults, and my chat set to Crew + Friends only...all I ever heard was a bunch of teens (and even pre-teens) acting like dumbasses screaming at each other in the lobby.  The sad part is even some of the adults get in on it and commence to arguing with someone half their age.  Ahhhh...console gaming at it's finest.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

If 21-30 is the largest audience, that's pretty sad...because there shouldn't be that many retards in a lobby with only 16 people in it.

That may be true, but it's a video game about theives and violence, so you should expect some douchebaggery.

If you want a solid group of good guys - gotta get a crew together. 

In real life, I've met people in their 50s who are still selfish assholes, some people don't grow out of it.

• Day Reaper likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Tantrix sounds like you will be leaving us soon then.
Sorry I didn't get to shoot you since you seem to only get stuck with the 12 year olds.

But hey, complainers will complain.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

And I don't know what magical lobbies you join but before I joined a crew SPECIFICALLY composed of adults, and my chat set to Crew + Friends only...all I ever heard was a bunch of teens (and even pre-teens) acting like dumbasses screaming at each other in the lobby.  The sad part is even some of the adults get in on it and commence to arguing with someone half their age.  Ahhhh...console gaming at it's finest.

I've had it before, but most lobbies I've joined are silent unless a group is together. 

Perhaps a lot of the kids got bored and left now, or perhaps it's because I play in a different time zone. Don't know.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sorry I didn't get to shoot you since you seem to only get stuck with the 12 year olds.

And some people just want to be part of current trends so bad they will make up any excuse they can to defend it's shortfalls. 

"Rockstar are gods, and GTA V is the best game EVAH!"   <---  Day Reaper saying his prayers at night.  :lol:

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

cockstar should release a digital version for the ps4, for people who already have the ps3 version for 10 dollars.

I'd buy it.

i thought you said you will never post again?

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:27 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 09 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

And some people just want to be part of current trends so bad they will make up any excuse they can to defend it's shortfalls. 

"Rockstar are gods, and GTA V is the best game EVAH!"   <---  Day Reaper saying his prayers at night.  :lol:

At least im not the idiot who spent money on a game only to complain about it.
Guess that makes you the bigger dumbass. Huh? Or did your Mommy and Daddy buy it for you too?

Grown-ass Men don't complain. that's for grown-ass women to do.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Guess that makes you the bigger dumbass. Huh?

Not really...I'd think someone still praising something that's been out for damn near 3 months and not only wasn't complete when it was released, but is still plagued with problems the bigger dumbass.  You can go hang your GTA V poster now.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 09 December 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Not really...I'd think someone still praising something that's been out for damn near 3 months and not only wasn't complete when it was released, but is still plagued with problems the bigger dumbass.  You can go hang your GTA V poster now.

Boo-hoo....I didn't get my American way. Boo-hoo...they promised.

Is this how your fa**ot ass has cried about not getting what you want all your life? Get some testosterone.
In none of my posts do you find me jerking off to Rockstar.
If you hate the game so much, why the f*ck are you even still posting on here? Oh right, you will wait for the updates only to complain that they suck and your tampon is too tight.
"This game isn't perfect. It's plagued with issues---This is the worst year of my 1st world life!"

If you find yourself saying this sh*t....find a real gun and kill your f*cking self.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Is this how your fa**ot ass has cried about not getting what you want all your life? Get a life.
If you hate the game so much, why the f*ck are you even still posting on here? Oh right, you will wait for the updates only to complain that they suck and your tampon is too tight.

^^  Someone who claims to be an adult, yet sounds exactly like the kids screaming in the lobby.  Classic...lmao.

Anyway...yeah, I have plenty of better games I can play on PC until Rockstar gets their act together with GTA V.  Hell, actually...I can fire up Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 and it's better than GTA V is right now.

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm just glad they put beta in front of everything now nobody can f*cking complain

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Day Reaper, 09 December 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Is this how your fa**ot ass has cried about not getting what you want all your life? Get a life.

^^  Someone who claims to be an adult, yet sounds exactly like the kids screaming in the lobby.  Classic...lmao.

Anyway...yeah, I have plenty of better games I can play on PC until Rockstar gets their act together with GTA V.  Hell, actually...I can fire up Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 and it's better than GTA V is right now.

Good. Go play that and hit the Red Dead Forums no one wants to read your whining, Nancy. And stop crying about a god damn game.
"its been THREE WHOLE MONTHS...they promised and im running out of mascara."
f*cking slack-jawed fa**ots.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Tantrix, 09 December 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Good. Go play that and hit the Red Dead Forums no one wants to read your whining, Nancy. And stop crying about a god damn game.

If you don't wish to be called a Rockstar nut-hugger, you shouldn't act like one.  And I have no reason to visit the Red Dead forums, the game is fine...unlike GTA V.  And "three whole months"...that's funny, considering the game was broken the 1st day GTA:O went live.  They couldn't even be bothered to finish the pictures of the cars on the website until what, 5 patches later?  Please...

So, continue telling me how awesome GTA V is again.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 10:13 PM.

If you don't wish to be called a Rockstar nut-hugger, you shouldn't act like one.  And I have no reason to visit the Red Dead forums, the game is fine...unlike GTA V.  And "three whole months"...that's funny, considering the game was broken the 1st day GTA:O went live.  They couldn't even be bothered to finish the pictures of the cars on the website until what, 5 patches later?  Please...

I don't want to get in to the pissing contest.

But one thing you should keep in mind with GTAV, is that there is not a huge array of games that will give you this much content and long gameplay with future content in the pipeline for only US60. 

If they were EA or any other asshole company - you would've got GTAV and not GTAO at all.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

I don't want to get in to the pissing contest.

But one thing you should keep in mind with GTAV, is that there is not a huge array of games that will give you this much content and long gameplay with future content in the pipeline for only US60. 

If they were EA or any other asshole company - you would've got GTAV and not GTAO at all.

Sure, what you said would have been accurate had GTA:O not been plagued with hackers and exploiters from day 1, and still is.  There is literally no way to come back from this unless they fixed the game (FINISH the game would be more like it) fix the hacking and exploiting, then reset everyone...but of course all the kids here would go insane when they lost their $2 billion.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and single player was done well...but I'm not naive like the guy above and afraid to call out Rockstar on their shortcomings.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

If you think that the majority of players on GTA 5 are adults, you really are oblivious.  Rockstar knew from the beginning that every 15 year old in the country had this game pre-ordered as soon as they could.  Adults are the minority on console games, even the GTA series.  I can fire up both the PS3 and my PC and launch GTA V and GTA IV, and in a game of 16 (what consoles are limited to) and a game of 32 (what PC is limited to) I will have more kids in the 16-player GTA V lobby than the 32-player GTA IV lobby.  Yep...that's right, twice the players on PC, half of the problems.  GTA V will continue to be a disaster until it comes out on PC just like GTA IV was.

http://www.telegraph...-years-old.html

97% of teens in the US play video games. 53% of US Adults play video games. There are three times the number of adults than teens in this country. So while the percentages of teens that play video games is higher...the actual number of adults that play is higher than teens.

All I know is, when I was standing outside at 12AM at launch with 300-400 other folks...I didn't see any teenagers.

So sure, there is some PPP (Piss Poor Parenting) going on where a game that was marketed for adults, has adult content...winds up in the hands of preteens and teens alike...but let's not say that Rockstar marketed this to anyone other than the adults it was meant for.

Tantrix
  • Tantrix

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

http://www.telegraph...-years-old.html

97% of teens in the US play video games. 53% of US Adults play video games. There are three times the number of adults than teens in this country. So while the percentages of teens that play video games is higher...the actual number of adults that play is higher than teens.

All I know is, when I was standing outside at 12AM at launch with 300-400 other folks...I didn't see any teenagers.

So sure, there is some PPP (Piss Poor Parenting) going on where a game that was marketed for adults, has adult content...winds up in the hands of preteens and teens alike...but let's not say that Rockstar marketed this to anyone other than the adults it was meant for.

Let's be real here...Rockstar didn't do anything but put the rating on the game they had to by law, it's that simple.  They were targeting every single person with a PS3 or Xbox, because that's more money they make.  They did not, and do not care what age anyone is playing the game.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 09 December 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Ditto. Although we were inside, they opened an entire mall just so we could get our goodies.

Let's be real here...Rockstar didn't do anything but put the rating on the game they had to by law, it's that simple.  They were targeting every single person with a PS3 or Xbox, because that's more money they make.  They did not, and do not care what age anyone is playing the game.

No game developer gives a crap about what age people are - just that they buy it.

But children aren't the target or majority - just a nice bonus to their sales.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by biggsull, 09 December 2013 - 10:36 PM.

No one gives a f*ck about heists anymore

everyone has moved on

Soon to entirely new games.

Found a diablo ripoff made by hardcore gamers to be everything D3 should have been but wasnt. Cant name it due to rules but yea that will be getting most of my time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users