Photo

[REL/SA] ECE - Enhanced Car Explosions

20 replies to this topic
Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by Danikov, 27 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

ECE - Enhanced Car Explosions

Hello everyone.

This is one of my very first functional scripts,and thought this one could be a nice thing to share with you all while I am learning how to script.

This script enhances the explosions of cars,in terms of making them launch higher to the air than they originally do.

The values of the forces that 'launch' the car are in a specific range,meaning that each car explosion is different.

I really want to thank ThirteenAG for teaching and helping me with scripting,Manfred Von Karma for introducing me DK_'s new opcodes and showing me how to make use of them,methodunderg for his configuration suggestion,aStiffSausage who helped me to get this script configurable,and of course,_DK for his new opcodes which made this script possible.

Download : ECE - Enhanced Car Explosions v1.2-R2

It is highly advisable to use Funtion-X's OverDose Effects v1.5 while using this script!

Requires : DK_'s new opcodes,included in the file in the download link above.

How to install : Just move the two files into your CLEO folder and you're good to go.

Issues :

-Destroyed cars that are not in the current frame are supposedly on all their wheels,which is one of the conditions in the script and yet the destroyed car is affected by the script when its on the current frame again,will try to fix.

As for screenshotsuCqB5.th.jpg 92bS.th.jpg QnaPx.th.jpg 1MtwF.th.jpg 3EJXs.th.jpg 6WckT.th.jpg nY5s9.th.jpg 2OwQa.th.jpg zdSYL.th.jpg UROBE.th.jpg

Please report about any other issues that you find while using this script and/or if you have anything to suggest for this script,please do :) .

Enjoy!

• In45do and Ezekiel like this

ural
  • ural

Trash Humper

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by ural, 10 December 2013 - 04:49 PM.

Perfect script, good work :p

Works well with newOpcodes.cleo from 17.06.12

769cfd0cef3ft.jpga9d7a7befff3t.jpg8c8248af3bb2t.jpg

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Wow,fantastic screens,thank you for the feedback!
It still needs improvement(s),and I am currently trying to find ways to improve it.

Fantomax
  • Fantomax

X-Force Rulez

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

nice, simply nice

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by Danikov, 24 December 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Finally,after multiple attempts to get it working,I finally managed to exclude bikes from this script,Bikes are no longer affected from it,cars only are affected from it.

v1.1 Changelog:

-Bikes and other types of vehicles will no longer be affected from this script .

-Slightly reduced Z-axis force values since it sometimes made the car go a little too high up in the air.

OP is provided with an updated download link for v1.1 .

Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 25 December 2013 - 12:34 AM.

-Slightly reduced Z-axis force values since it sometimes made the car go a little too high up in the air.

Awww.. I loved sending cars flying.. I took this screenshot recently of CJ shooting a cop car with a double barrel twice and it went sky high! Perhaps you could do two versions? One that is extremely overdone and one that is more realistic? Just a thought.

yLQg9V4.png

EDIT: More screenshots!
WjeZP08.png
ekccvv1.png
TI0ZuMn.png
TczMMbm.png
mXLMjW9.png

DK22Pac
  • DK22Pac

• Feroci
  • Ukraine
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D Contribution]

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

The reason why "_" is presented in my nickname is that any nick-name must include 3 characters as minimum.
So you don't need to write it if you want to address @ me, especially when you don't know where to put it.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

Well,since I cannot quote more than once on mobile,I'll just make it simple.

@TheJAMESGM

These screens are fantastic,thank you for sharing these!
As for your request,lets discuss this in PM.

@_DK

I am unable to understand what do you mean or trying to say.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

I don't even think in overdose'd hollywood movies they even go that high .. make it configurable from ini :)

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

I don't even think in overdose'd hollywood movies they even go that high .. make it configurable from ini :)

In the movie "Green Hornet" there was a scene where a dozer has been blown up away from a missile blast underneath it :D

Anyways,I thought about making the values configurable from the start,yet I don't know how to make use of the opcode that creates an .ini and the opcode which reads the values in the .ini ,I will look into this furtherly.

ural
  • ural

Trash Humper

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by ural, 25 December 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Thanks for the fix script,  works perfectly with the script missile.cs on Cleo 4 (v4.1.1.30f) :p

386f65d2ed2ct.jpg883f9ddeeab0t.jpg07385528fa82t.jpgb9d3bdd40e2dt.jpg

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by Danikov, 25 December 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Thanks for the fix script,  works perfectly with the script missile.cs on Cleo 4 (v4.1.1.30f) :p

386f65d2ed2ct.jpg883f9ddeeab0t.jpg07385528fa82t.jpgb9d3bdd40e2dt.jpg

ow,wow,nice caps.

Again,even after the fix that car in the 2nd screenshot went up too high into the air,I guess I'll have to reduce the height again,and also,as suggested here,will try to add an .ini file that will allow you to modify the force values.

Right now trying to understand how an .ini can be added and used,also going to add an additional particle that will show up once the car blows up,only if I manage to get it the way I want.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:34 PM Edited by Danikov, 26 December 2013 - 12:47 PM.

A nice new addition to the script,configurable force values!

v1.2-R1 Changelog:

-Added a configuration file( ECE.ini ) which allows you to edit the different force values that are used in the script in the way you want.   -Thanks alot to aStiffSausage for showing me how to do so and methondunderg for the suggestion!

Download for the updated version has been provided in the OP.

Once again,Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

I noticed one "flaw" in your script. To randomize the forces for individual cars instead of having only once randomly selected forces, I'd recommend inserting all your opcodes 0208 before opcode 07D5. That way, every car won't have same amount of force applied to them.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by Danikov, 25 December 2013 - 09:08 PM.

I noticed one "flaw" in your script. To randomize the forces for individual cars instead of having only once randomly selected forces, I'd recommend inserting all your opcodes 0208 before opcode 07D5. That way, every car won't have same amount of force applied to them.

Yep,that's definetely something I noticed,though I didn't know how to change,I asked ThirteenAG about this just about 20-30 minutes ago,yet I haven't done what he asked me to do,since I am unable to use the computer now,and now you come up with this solution.
Thanks,I'll see if it works.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Danikov, 27 December 2013 - 09:59 AM.

After noticing that there's something wrong with the float values randomization and also was informed about it,it appears to be that I have made an inappropriate use of Opcode 0208 which does the randomizing,and now it should randomize properly different float values to each car that is affected by the script.

Thanks again to aStiffSausage for his contribution and help  :^: .

v1.2-R2 Changelog

-Usage of the Randomization opcode has been changed in the script so now it should randomize different float values for each and every car that is affected by the script.

-Slight changes to script's default force values.

Download link for this release is provided in the OP.

EDIT:

Currently working on usage of additional particles :

qyg96.th.jpg

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Slight bump. But the .ini doesn't actually work with the latest version. No matter how I change the values, the cars explode just like the original game. :p

buttprime
  • buttprime

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

yes, definitely seems like that's the case

MemoSupremo
  • MemoSupremo

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Basque-Country

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by chasencharran, 13 March 2016 - 10:35 AM.

d

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

I love this mod, but please fix the bug in the latest version! I want to be able to customize the .ini!

It's already fixed. Not sure what Dani hasn't uploaded it yet though, I'll let him know to upload it.

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

So,thanks to James,I finally got reminded of uploading the fixed version of this,sorry for making you all wait for a fixed version for of this. I was distracted with other stuff and also couldn't realize what to change in order to make it functional again until not long ago. I'd like to give a big thanks to Silent fixing its functionality,without his help,I guess it would've been kept this way,as I really had no idea what was the problem.

On top of that,he made the script execute only once for each car,that means that there will be no "bouncing" car wrecks.

I do not know whether I might work on this further with some brand new features at the moment,but one thing for sure,I am willing to add more in the future.

Here's the fixed version of ECE,enjoy.

• Concavax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users