• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic
Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm planing a way to use both 7 & 8. its not easy since they both use different versions of Cleo.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

since they both use different versions of Cleo.

Waiwha? Both versions support CLEO 4, what are you talking about?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm planing a way to use both 7 & 8. its not easy since they both use different versions of Cleo.

I don't think you can do that. Basically, you are saying that you want to merge the opcodes of two different files (Version 7 and Version 8) which I think is absurd. You already have all the features in Version 8 which you had in Version 7. Why do you need to combine and play?

Also, CLEO versions only matter because of the latest opcodes present in the scm. Using CLEO 4 is better with every version of DYOM instead of CLEO 3 but in some cases, you require CLEO 3 (because of minor bugs). Pretty sure the need for CLEO 3 is now minimum or none in Version 8.

Why do you need to act tough and break your game? :dozing:

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't think you can do that.

Well I have both versions working somehow. The trick is that you need two different MPACK folders in your MPACK folder, for example, MPACK5 for DYOM 7 and MPACK 6 for DYOM 8. Works fine for me.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by JoshDa1, 10 December 2013 - 03:15 PM.

I have only one question so far (I have tested almost everything so far and it works): What is the difference between ''Damage'' and ''Shoot'' the object as an objective? I mean, when it says shoot it, I kick it and it still recognizes it as shooting it, but that's not the deal, that's ok, I just don't see the difference between damaging it and shooting it since both do the same, or do they?

The intention was that "shooting" is "damaging it with your weapon", and "damaging" is more general, which might e.g. also been done by crushing it with your car.
We'll look into it.. it might be that the engine considers your fists a weapon, or its just a bug..

Yeah, i understand now. shoot is must use a weapon, and damage is damage the object with anything. Thanks for the information. Anyway, can you add more health, meaby around 5000. But if you can't, that's okay.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Will beta-version made missions be compatible with alpha version (full version)?

Nick13
  • Nick13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Guys, I think in the final version of DYOM 8 there should be a possibility to change the mission audio code as I often use the same mission with saved objects set, so it wouldn't be necessary for me to create everything all over again for each new mission. As you probably understand, it could do me some problems with the same audio code in different missions. Therefore, It would be awesome if this feature would be included in the final. What do you guys think? :) I do not think its anything too complicated. But it should be really helpful IMO.

P.S. Sorry for my wicked english :p

Will beta-version made missions be compatible with alpha version (full version)?

I think they should be, but I can't guarantee it as I have been playing some of my missions made with v6 using the v7 and at some points the cutscenes where moving as if they were made with v7. And usually at this point the game crashes :(

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

They probably will be, but we can't guarantee it. It depends on the bugs that pop up during beta testing.

Guys, I think in the final version of DYOM 8 there should be a possibility to change the mission audio code as I often use the same mission with saved objects set, so it wouldn't be necessary for me to create everything all over again for each new mission. As you probably understand, it could do me some problems with the same audio code in different missions. Therefore, It would be awesome if this feature would be included in the final. What do you guys think? :) I do not think its anything too complicated. But it should be really helpful IMO.For 

I my humble opinion, this doesn't make much sense, since it would require two missions to have exactly the same amount of missions, and needing the same audio in each corresponding mission. This sounds like rather an exceptional situation to me.

Nick13
  • Nick13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by Nick13, 10 December 2013 - 08:47 PM.

They probably will be, but we can't guarantee it. It depends on the bugs that pop up during beta testing.

Guys, I think in the final version of DYOM 8 there should be a possibility to change the mission audio code as I often use the same mission with saved objects set, so it wouldn't be necessary for me to create everything all over again for each new mission. As you probably understand, it could do me some problems with the same audio code in different missions. Therefore, It would be awesome if this feature would be included in the final. What do you guys think? :) I do not think its anything too complicated. But it should be really helpful IMO.For 

I my humble opinion, this doesn't make much sense, since it would require two missions to have exactly the same amount of missions, and needing the same audio in each corresponding mission. This sounds like rather an exceptional situation to me.

Sorry for the following misunderstanding, but what do you mean by "two missions to have exacly the same amount of missions"?

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

BUG: I don't know if anyone is getting this, but when playing V8 missions there is a lack of civilian vehicles then normal.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

Okay guys, I Wanted to keep V7 to finish a mission pack then start V8.

My original plan was to copy the SA folder. One would have Cleo 3 while the other Cleo 4.

But since V7 also works with Cleo 4, I Decided to say hasta la vista to Cleo 3 & play both versions on Cleo 4.

I Ended up with this.

v6lsAwU.png

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Sorry for the following misunderstanding, but what do you mean by "two missions to have exacly the same amount of missions"?

The filenames in the audiofolder, refer to specific objective numbers.

If you give each mission the same audiocode, all missions will use the same set of audiofiles. Thus the same audio is played for the third objective in each mission for example. I feel to see valid usecase for that. It would only make sense if you just use the same ambient-sound the whole time during every mission. But in that case its only one file.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

In love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Uuurgh, My PC got broken just before i want to test V8, f*cking bad luck.

In45do
  • In45do

Coding like a Dummy...

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

I wish my PC got fixed. I will start all over again with DYOM 8. :^:

• Terano likes this

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Very unique Missions

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

I didn't though v8 would ever come out, but now that it is, yes!

Time to make more Missions

I would also like to say if you could add more objects like the ones from the ammunation store the ones with the weapons. :santa:

• Platinum Card likes this

J0hnN
  • J0hnN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Oh,man,I can't wait for the v8 of DYOM!But I still have a question:can we upload for mission done with DYOM v7 until V8 full appears?I have just 2 weeks in DYOM-ing,so I don't know very well this kind of things!

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Oh,man,I can't wait for the v8 of DYOM!But I still have a question:can we upload for mission done with DYOM v7 until V8 full appears?I have just 2 weeks in DYOM-ing,so I don't know very well this kind of things!

Yeah, sure. You can upload a mission with V1 if you want.

• MikeTorino13 likes this

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

DYOM V8 FULL IS REALESED.  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members