Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

DYOM Version 8 Beta

As we announced a week ago, we proudly present to you... DYOM Version 8 beta! A trailer of this version will be released as soon as possible.

Bugfixes
In this version, a number of small and major bugs were fixed. The following major bugs of version 7 should be fixed in version 8 (beta):
  • Objective texts were not always cleared.
  • Skipping a moving cutscene doesn't end the movement.
  • Crash while using the fire-object.
  • Hide/spawn problems when adding new objectives in the middle.
CLEO 4
Because we wanted to add new features, from now on only CLEO 4 will be supported (as explained in the announcement topic). Please install CLEO 4 before using DYOM version 8, or it will crash instantly. Below you can find a video for installing CLEO 4:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sFeH8oLIQsM

New features
The following new features are added:
  • For your convenience, we added quick browsing for cars, actors and objects. Using G and H, you can jump with 10 steps at the time, instead of 1. Please note that we already introduced the following quick browsing for cars in an earlier version: p for next plane, h for next helicopter, b for next boat, c for next car and s for next special vehicle.
  • In previous version we supported "fire" and "explosion" as special objects, that you could use in your missions. After many requests we extended these with over 90 additional effects to dress up your missions, but they also enable all new gameplay options. For example, you can create fireworks or be even more creative...
    8ziff5.jpg 6dwwer.jpg
  • In addition to the existing "follow actor" camera mode, we added two modes for using a camera for a specific actor: "1st person" places the camera's at the actors eye-level and thus shows his view-point. "3rd person" hovers the camera behind the actor and moves with him, as he walks around, much like it normally does with the player. Below you see an example of the same scene in "follow actor", "1st person" en "3rd person" mode.
    2likcch.jpg ih1kko.jpg 64iknk.jpg
  • Cutscenes now have 4 properties:
    Slowmotion: slows down the action, for a dramatic effect
    Shaking camera: Camera wiggles, to be used e.g. for explosions, drunkness
    Skip Fading: No fade-in, fade-out around the cutscene
    Skip Widescreen: normal display is used for the cutscene instead of the standard widescreen
  • By popular request we added objective objects to DYOM. You can choose between four types of objectives: Touch the object, photograph the object, shoot the object or damage the object.
    1izdwg.jpg
  • To enable mission that involve buying and selling stuff we added "add money" and "subtract money" special objectives.
  • When positioning the camera for a cutscene you can use G en H to scroll through positions used in previous cutscenes. This can be quite useful if you want to create a dialogue, without changing the position of the camera.
  • When editing an actor with an animation that involves a route, you have an additional option besides using the existing route and creating a new route. You can now choose to extend the existing route with additional waypoints. For that purpose you will be teleported to the location of the last waypoint, and can continue from there.
Please DO NOT upload missions made with this beta version to the DYOM mission database.

Thanks to Doublepulse for his help with testing this version. :)

Download: http://www.gtagarage...oad.php?f=34747

Remember that this is still a beta version, bugs are inevitable. If you encounter them, please report them, with as much detail as possible about the circumstances, in this topic

Enjoy! :)
  • In45do likes this

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by ManDog, 09 December 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Time to get back into DYOM after 2 years ;)

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

Will test it right now.

Found a mistake in the readme file:

This is the first public beta release of DYOMv8
For info about the features and reports about encountererd problem,
see the DYOM support-forum at: http://gtaforums.com...um/246-support/

DO NOT upload missions created with this version to the DYOM site.

This version requires CLEO3 library installed: http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/

DYOM v8 Credits:
 Concept, design and coding: Dutchy3010 and PatrickW
 Testing                   : DoublePulse
 Seeman                    : SannyBuilder and CLEO3
 Alien                     : CLEO4

People that never used DYOM before may download CLEO3 and come here saying "wow dyom don't work suck mah deek".

Anyway, great job :D

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

Amazing... :3

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

This is brilliant! :^:

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Letting you guys know, trailer should be up in a day or two, :p

VergilDD
  • VergilDD

One Failure is the Gateway to many Victories!

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

Holy Crap!!!! Gotta try this one!!

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Oke, so, you are releasing this, but you tell us NOT to upload missions? Then how are we supposed to test it or something? I mean like, we can test it ourselves, but that'll be boring.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Letting you guys know, trailer should be up in a day or two, :p

So, the trailer is WIP?! Cool... :^:

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Oke, so, you are releasing this, but you tell us NOT to upload missions? Then how are we supposed to test it or something? I mean like, we can test it ourselves, but that'll be boring.

It's been the same for every version. Remember, It's a beta. It's meant for playing, not for testing. 

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

It's been the same for every version. Remember, It's a beta. It's meant for playing, not for testing.

You've got it wrong.

On-topic: I'll try the new version soon.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

It's still beta do you know! and it's currently still in WIP.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

We don't forbid you guys to upload a mission somewhere else and upload it to the DYOM website once we made it a "full" version. It is a beta, we don't want to get v8 missions mixed up with the other version missions, because we don't "oblige" anyone to use v8 yet. When releasing the full version, we (on the opposite) want to encourage people to use the latest version, as it is the only version we support. That's why we don't mind mixing up all the missions then as you can play all version missions with DYOM v8. :)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

You've got it wrong.

On-topic: I'll try the new version soon.

Whoops, other way around :p

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Awesome, I have no doubts that once you finish and release the full V8 version, it's gonna kick some serious ass :D Great work. Object objectives missed me so much in pretty much every mission pack I released so far :D

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

Oh Jimmy, did you see the last feature? ;)

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Oh Jimmy, did you see the last feature? ;)

You bet I did :D Awesome, thanks on that, I hope it wasn't too tricky to incorporate it in the V8 :)

Chips237
  • Chips237

Father Jirachi

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Amazing.

I might go back into designing after all :D

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

This might be a stupid question but what is the real difference between the beta version and the full version? Is it only the bug improvements or new featurs?

BTW, amazing work guys. I hope you guys never stop SCM designing. :^:

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

It will be used for bug-fixing purposes, so in the best case scenario, there is no difference between the beta and final version. :p

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have only one question so far (I have tested almost everything so far and it works): What is the difference between ''Damage'' and ''Shoot'' the object as an objective? I mean, when it says shoot it, I kick it and it still recognizes it as shooting it, but that's not the deal, that's ok, I just don't see the difference between damaging it and shooting it since both do the same, or do they?

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Oh I see, sorry I wasn't around here when V6 or V7 released, so I didn't know. Sorry for my stupid question, I hope you guys will release final version soon.

Btw, if possible, make a topic with a list of ideas, then the idea that gets voted the most will be the last feature that will be added to V8.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

We can't do that, because if someone requests a major feature it will 1) take way too much time to develop and 2) is perhaps not possible due to the current structure of the code, which you guys aren't aware of. I saw lots of feature requests that said "pretty easy to make, so do it!", but it was not easy at all (or even (nearly) impossible).

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 09 December 2013 - 05:07 PM.

We can't do that, because if someone requests a major feature it will 1) take way too much time to develop and 2) is perhaps not possible due to the current structure of the code, which you guys aren't aware of. I saw lots of feature requests that said "pretty easy to make, so do it!", but it was not easy at all (or even (nearly) impossible).

Yeah, I think people need to understand that something being ''Easy to use'' isn't always (or is almost never) ''Easy to create''. I mean, I remember Dutchy saying that DYOM V6.0 was gonna be the last version of DYOM since they've been putting the whole engine to a lot of heat back then. The fact that we're talking about/using the version 8 today is aboslutely amazing regardless of some people thinking it' not that big of a deal. It's that big of a deal. 

Seriously, don't get disappointed if Dutchy and Patrick don't make something in DYOM. It's not like they don't want to do it or don't know how to do it, it's just that everything has its limits. Enjoy this upcoming V8, guys :D

• Doublepulse, O.G Skletal and TeMkA69 like this

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have only one question so far (I have tested almost everything so far and it works): What is the difference between ''Damage'' and ''Shoot'' the object as an objective? I mean, when it says shoot it, I kick it and it still recognizes it as shooting it, but that's not the deal, that's ok, I just don't see the difference between damaging it and shooting it since both do the same, or do they?

The intention was that "shooting" is "damaging it with your weapon", and "damaging" is more general, which might e.g. also been done by crushing it with your car.

We'll look into it.. it might be that the engine considers your fists a weapon, or its just a bug..

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Could you add slow motion and cam shake to normal gameplay too?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:40 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 10 December 2013 - 03:58 AM.

I admit, that would be awesome in the final version. It would serve as an andrenaline effect like Vice city and V.

I mean I don't want every feature based on GTA V, but still :D

Jimmy Leppard hit the nail on that one. Lot of ideas got passed back and forth, and you also want to pick features that will be useful, otherwise it will be a waste of space.

CLEO only gives DYOM about 200 kb of space, Cleo 3 was maxed and CLEO 4 only saved about 14 kb, and before the effects were implemented, 4 kb were already used.

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

WOW! DYOM V8 That's ROCK

but SCHOOL SUCKS.....Holy Crap :panic:  My Exams starting on 14 dec  :cry:

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:04 AM Edited by JoshDa1, 10 December 2013 - 10:17 AM.

CLEO only gives DYOM about 200 kb of space, Cleo 3 was maxed and CLEO 4 only saved about 14 kb, and before the effects were implemented, 4 kb were already used.

CLEO 4 is much better. It has a lot of improvements than the previous version.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm in my exam week now, but I have a spare time now to test V8 hehe...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users