Photo

Bug Report Topic V8

446 replies to this topic
TeMkA69
  • TeMkA69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

I've got a bug where the player must leave the car, but he teleported to the driver's seat and throws it. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LjfRhL4hs1Y

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I've got a bug where the player must leave the car, but he teleported to the driver's seat and throws it. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LjfRhL4hs1Y

A copy of the missionfile would be handy, to see exactly what is going on ..

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

When you place a cutscene, then place player teleport for the fade effect, and then place another cutscene there is a bug. The first cutscene player correctly. Then when the player teleports you see a fade in. Then you see the player for a sec, then the screen fades out. The screen then fades in and the second cutscene starts. I really wanted to create an army mission, but that just broke it.

From the missionfile you send me, it became clear that the teleport is not the issue. The temporary shot of the player was caused by the ped/car behaviour (set riot mode) that you had also put in between the two cutscenes.

Once it was removed the cutscenes showed as intended.  

SoFresh
  • SoFresh

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

My GTA SA crashes whenever I try to design or play a mission. I've tried to reinstall Cleo 4, DYOM & GTA but nothing seems to work. I have no other mod installed. I can run it just fine until I try to load or create a mission. Any suggestions ?

omgkillitanddie
  • omgkillitanddie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

I have a bug where you teleport the player to the car seat & do drive by.but after the cutscene, it teleport the player to the driver seat and throw the actor out of the car

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

@RamiV2: sounbds like you have an incompatible gta_sa.exe.  CLEO4 is stricter in this sense than CLEO3.
  You could try e.g:  http://www.mediafire...xe v 1.0 us.rar

@omgkillitanddie: sounds like the same issue TeMkA69 reported, we will look into it.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

When you place a cutscene, then place player teleport for the fade effect, and then place another cutscene there is a bug. The first cutscene player correctly. Then when the player teleports you see a fade in. Then you see the player for a sec, then the screen fades out. The screen then fades in and the second cutscene starts. I really wanted to create an army mission, but that just broke it.

From the missionfile you send me, it became clear that the teleport is not the issue. The temporary shot of the player was caused by the ped/car behaviour (set riot mode) that you had also put in between the two cutscenes.

Once it was removed the cutscenes showed as intended.  

Ahh. Alright, thanks.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

I have a bug where you teleport the player to the car seat & do drive by.but after the cutscene, it teleport the player to the driver seat and throw the actor out of the car

Confirmed, We'll create a patch release to fix this soon.

(will be fully compatible, so using 8.0.0 for creating missions until then, will not be a problem)

When I try to make a 'Follow Player' cutscene (1st person and 3rd person too) it somehow acts like Follow Actor so it asks us to choose an actor after that.

Confirmed, will also be fixed in patch release

• TeMkA69 likes this

SoFresh
  • SoFresh

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

@RamiV2: sounbds like you have an incompatible gta_sa.exe.  CLEO4 is stricter in this sense than CLEO3.
  You could try e.g:  http://www.mediafire...xe v 1.0 us.rar

Thanks, this fixed the problem.  :^:

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I don't know if this is a bug or not,  the fire effects -> "effects:fire", "effects: fire med", "effects: fire large" is just visual effects, it cannot burn the player, however the "fire" object (not effect) can still burn the player. It is annoying if the designer wants to make a "blocked path" with the "effect: fire large" or the other, and the designer must also add the fire object to each "blocked path".

and there should be an option to "Set player money" in the mission settings because the player money won't reset each time playing mission.

It is annoying if the designer expected the player money to be 20000 or whatever, but it's not because the previous mission.

• TeMkA69 likes this

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

The fire effects do indeed not burn the player. They are indeed just visual effects. There isn't much we can do about that. That is how effects work in the SA engine.

The suggestion about the money makes sense, we will take it into consideration for a future release

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Glitch: I have an Actor driving a Savana, when I Hide that Actor and made a new one out side the door of the vehicle I want them to drive they sometimes not do it,

So it's like when I have a Greenwood at Grovestreet and a Savana at El Corona it will at times spawn in the furthest vehicle.

I deleted ALL the other vehicle apart from the one I want the Actor to drive and it just Fails the mission.

I don't have the mission file as I deleted it in frustration.

I'll try to re-make that glitch.

Could you improve the system instead of "Enter/Sit in nearest vehicle" But Have the option the assign the Player or Actor to a car.

Even apply this to Objective vehicles please.

So it's like: Add Actor - Sweet - Enter Vehicle 02 - Drivers Seat

Would that be possible?

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:58 AM Edited by Yezz007, 04 January 2014 - 05:33 AM.

The fire effects do indeed not burn the player. They are indeed just visual effects. There isn't much we can do about that. That is how effects work in the SA engine.

The suggestion about the money makes sense, we will take it into consideration for a future release

About the fire, I suggest that the fire effects are included with the fire object, so each time we put fire effects, there is also a real fire.

@IIusivePrime: If you want an actor drives a vehicle after another actor drove it, then you have to spawn the last actor who will drive it near the car spawnpoint not near the car position in mission at the moment you spawn the actor.

Well, I never test it.

Anyway is the next version is coming soon or coming next year?

ADD: I found another glitch, the Shoot or damage objective are the same, objective will be passed if I shoot or punch or damage the object, but they only works for DESTRUCTIBLE object not for all object

Mr.Unique
  • Mr.Unique

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by Mr.Unique, 05 January 2014 - 09:39 AM.

I have installed CLEO 4 with "Run as Administrator" and also, Installed Sanny builder.

But, When I run the game and create a new mission and Write the first letter the game crashes also, The when I load an old mission with V7 the game crashes, WHY?

EDIT: I removed CLEO 4 and DYOM V8 and then, Installed CLEO 3 and DYOM V7 with the same game install and It works. (It is DYOM V8 or CLEO4 error then).

@spider262: are you sure that your gta_sa.exe is compatible with CLEO4?  It is more restrictive than CLEO3 (see CLEO-link in release topic)

CLEO 4 was developed for three different versions: 1.0 us, 1.0 eu and 1.01 eu.

Exactly the same happened to me..

And NO mods, verison 1.0eu, Cleo 4 100% installed successfully - Look ReadMe.txt

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas

ReadMe.txt

V1.00

Thank you for purchasing GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

This ReadMe file contains last minute information and troubleshooting tips.

AND NOT WORKING :cry:

Any idea to make it work ?

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

I don't know if it has been reported already or not, but I have an interesting find:

So I've downloaded The Flats Chapter 2 and, knowing about the unstability of Storyline Mode (the crashes in missions themselves and in between them, in free roam), decided to load them manually from DSL folder and play one-by-one. However, when I have tried to play the mission with the beginning inside some interior (the 0 objective was in interior is what I mean), the minimap disappeared as soon as the mission went outside of interiors. This occured to me on several tries, because I first thought it's just a one-time glitch. But when I loaded and played mission with the beginning outside the interior, the minimap didn't disappear.

So, long story short, if I try to manually load and play mission from DSL folder and the 0 objective is placed inside an interior, the minimap disappears as soon as the mission goes outside of interior. It really annoyed me, and the only thing that helped me to return minimap is to teleport outside of interior before starting the mission.

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

My idea is to try this exe -> link

and it is better if Patrcik/Dutchy put a link to a working exe for CLEO 4 at official release main post.

• Mr.Unique likes this

Mr.Unique
  • Mr.Unique

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

My idea is to try this exe -> link

and it is better if Patrcik/Dutchy put a link to a working exe for CLEO 4 at official release main post.

Thank YOU VERY MUCH, The gta_sa.exe for US WORKS :DDDD

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hi, sorry for bothering.

But I have the same bug that happened in lots of DYOM version, this bug exists since I started in the mod (when V6 was released already). It has to be with actor routes in vehicles!

When I make a mission where an actor has to drive a car, or the player go as a passenger, the actor sometimes in some parts of the map, it starts going everywhere, crashing buildings and bla bla bla...

After lots of missions with this bug, I realized that this happen only in certain parts of the map, like alleys or stretch passes. And sometimes if there is a road uppon the route, the actor starts going everywhere to get up in the other road, I don't know why!

So, if you guys can repair this bug, that would be amazing! I have to fix like 4 or 5 times the routes to get the mission well, and that's kind of mind-blowing.

Thank you :)

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hi, sorry for bothering.

But I have the same bug that happened in lots of DYOM version, this bug exists since I started in the mod (when V6 was released already). It has to be with actor routes in vehicles!

When I make a mission where an actor has to drive a car, or the player go as a passenger, the actor sometimes in some parts of the map, it starts going everywhere, crashing buildings and bla bla bla...

After lots of missions with this bug, I realized that this happen only in certain parts of the map, like alleys or stretch passes. And sometimes if there is a road uppon the route, the actor starts going everywhere to get up in the other road, I don't know why!

So, if you guys can repair this bug, that would be amazing! I have to fix like 4 or 5 times the routes to get the mission well, and that's kind of mind-blowing.

There's a method that i always use for these cases.. I'll give you 2 ways of fix this:

The first way is if for example: The driver has to go through a street, then suddenly go into an alley and get out in the other side of the road. 

So, if the driver doesnt does that, you can put more than 1 routepoint in the turn, like this:

64mt6e.png

If you don't understand the image, it goes like this:

The original (Red dots) route is like i suposse that you must be doing it. Where you put like 1 or 2 route points to make the turn.

Well, the method that i'm offering you is to put more than 1 routepoints in the turns. (Like the yellow dots stand). This way, the actor will follow the route correctly.

If under any case the actor doesnt do that, you can add some objects in the road that lead to the alley. This way, the actor will be "forced" to take the alley and follow the route as it was supposed.

• Martin_GDF likes this

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

Hi, sorry for bothering.

There's a method that i always use for these cases.. I'll give you 2 ways of fix this:

The first way is if for example: The driver has to go through a street, then suddenly go into an alley and get out in the other side of the road. 

So, if the driver doesnt does that, you can put more than 1 routepoint in the turn, like this:

64mt6e.png

If you don't understand the image, it goes like this:

The original (Red dots) route is like i suposse that you must be doing it. Where you put like 1 or 2 route points to make the turn.

Well, the method that i'm offering you is to put more than 1 routepoints in the turns. (Like the yellow dots stand). This way, the actor will follow the route correctly.

If under any case the actor doesnt do that, you can add some objects in the road that lead to the alley. This way, the actor will be "forced" to take the alley and follow the route as it was supposed.

Hahaha, ok, nice method... I will have to fill the routes with 200 routepoints (? hahaha.

Yeah, that's a good one, but sometimes happen that if there's a road uppon the street where the actor is, he starts driving to the upper road, but I put the routepoint on the one down :p If you don't understand this is an example:

-----------------------------------------      Upper road
               routepoint
--------------------|--------------------      Lower road  --> ACTOR IS HERE

Instead of reaching the routepoint in the lower road, he goes to reach it at the same place but in the upper road!

Also... I have another thing, I don't know if it's a bug, I don't think so.

But it has to be with the FIRE effect.

I made a mission a few days ago where you are in a building and you have to escape from a house in fire... but when I made it, the fire doesn't burn the player... you can pass through it like if it's air.

I know that his is only an special effect, but I remember that in older versions, the fire used to burn the player when you put it.

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by Astrobix, 08 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Hahaha, ok, nice method... I will have to fill the routes with 200 routepoints (? hahaha.

Yeah, that's a good one, but sometimes happen that if there's a road uppon the street where the actor is, he starts driving to the upper road, but I put the routepoint on the one down :p If you don't understand this is an example:

-----------------------------------------      Upper road
               routepoint
--------------------|--------------------      Lower road  --> ACTOR IS HERE

Instead of reaching the routepoint in the lower road, he goes to reach it at the same place but in the upper road!

Also... I have another thing, I don't know if it's a bug, I don't think so.

But it has to be with the FIRE effect.

I made a mission a few days ago where you are in a building and you have to escape from a house in fire... but when I made it, the fire doesn't burn the player... you can pass through it like if it's air.

I know that his is only an special effect, but I remember that in older versions, the fire used to burn the player when you put it.

Well yeah, the fire effect doesnt burn because it is just an effect.

Anyway, i don't understand the logic of the driver then.. Try this: Re do the whole routepoint, if the actor will start in the lower road, make the starting routepoints there. like 4 of them in a straight direction, or at least 3. Then continue with the normal route.. IF the problem persists, then i don't know D: try asking another people if it has happened

EDIT: Or yeah, use the objects and put them in a way that the vehicle can't leave, so he'll be forced to keep the road. I know, it's a stupid and unrealistic way to do it but it's the solution that i can offer you :p unless you want to re do the whole routepoint but from a different start point

• Martin_GDF likes this

Crainstorm20
  • Crainstorm20

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I think there is a problem with cutscene/actor 3rd because my mission crashed when i set an actor in a car on cutscene actor 3rd.I got the mission:

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/29685

Patrick and Dutchy if it happens to you fix it!in rest is more better than another versions!Don't ruin it! :lol:  :lol:

• Martin_GDF likes this

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think there is a problem with cutscene/actor 3rd because my mission crashed when i set an actor in a car on cutscene actor 3rd.I got the mission:

Patrick and Dutchy if it happens to you fix it!in rest is more better than another versions!Don't ruin it! :lol:  :lol:

Yeah the same problem happened to me once, but it's weird that didn't happen anymore. I think Dutchy or Patrick should fix it :p

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Good find!! :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

The issue pops up, when the actor that is used for 1st person or 3rd person cam cutscene, is hidden, with the following objective. In this case, the camera was still "attached" to the actor, when the actor was removed.

We will release a bugfix, in the next few days.

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Issue I think: I made a mission, and noticed when you have a weapon, for example MP5, and you change to your Fist, when you get teleported to a vehicle into Drive-by mode it will remain at the selected weapon. So can you like force the Player the use the weapon if there is one?

If there isn't just give the Player a pistol as a default.

Crainstorm20
  • Crainstorm20

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

There is health problem when you set player to teleport with 200 hp it only shows 100 you can see also in the video:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

There is health problem when you set player to teleport with 200 hp it only shows 100 you can see also in the video:

True, but it fixes editing the player's health and setting it to 200 again. Not big deal :)

Crainstorm20
  • Crainstorm20

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

it

True, but it fixes editing the player's health and setting it to 200 again. Not big deal :)

To the teleported player objective?But it still don't work with your metod! :die: 

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EmhDS26qSH8 Bug report video.

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

I must report this old bug that really annoying: The checkpoints in designing mode are invisible after the mission reached 10++ objective.

Can this be fixed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users