Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bug Report Topic V8

443 replies to this topic
KowalskiGuy
  • KowalskiGuy

One average penguin, one average member title.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

When I've set Enter nearest car animation for player and he's entering it, the random symbols and letters appear like Objective text and they're of course disappearing when the cutscene starts. Unfortunally, I didn't saved the mission.

P.S. When I've opened another mission flie by Notepad, instead of usual "code" of the mission, I see something like copied cargrp.dat. Da f**?

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by SoftTouch, 13 December 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Add 2 objectives, then enter one. You the stop for something like 0.5 second and then can run again. The same thing happens with timeout, when it end, you stop for about a seond and then can run again.

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:08 PM Edited by Astrobix, 13 December 2013 - 09:32 PM.

When I've set Enter nearest car animation for player and he's entering it, the random symbols and letters appear like Objective text and they're of course disappearing when the cutscene starts. Unfortunally, I didn't saved the mission.

P.S. When I've opened another mission flie by Notepad, instead of usual "code" of the mission, I see something like copied cargrp.dat. Da f**?

Weird, i got this bug in one test of the beta 2, but i didnt save the mission and also didnt even add an actor to drive.. Anyway, this bug is annoying! I've experienced it in V5 also. But never in V6 V7 7.01 7.02 or 8. Only in this Beta 2 it's back..

I know that bug perfectly. You can only see the Weapon box healthbar and minimap.. The Numers, ammo, time, money and stuff disappears. And when you go through an objective that has text, only a square appears. When you complete the mission, no text appears. Only boxes / squares of the colors that the text has.

To add; When this bug happens, pressing ESC (pouse menu buttom) makes the game crash. 

PS: I explained the bug just in case of anyone else experienced it

EDIT:

Alright i've been testing a bit more this BETA 2 and found a bug, and a more explained issue of the storyline money reward :p

First of all, the Drive By Issue

Starting with this, i firstly tested a V7.02 mission in V8 Beta 2 that involved Drive by. Then i noticed that the drive by wasnt working so i decided to re set the values of the objective. Still nothing. So i closed and then opened again GTA SA and then created a new mission for this..

So now, after i created the mission i setted the values and firstly gave the player a Spaz with the ability to Drive By. didn't work.

Thought it was only with Spaz so i tried using a MP5 but still, it didn't work. So in veredict the drive by option is bugged.

Pics:

myue.jpg
x5o2.jpgcnj6.jpg

The "Player movement delay per objective passed"

Confirmed,

When i was going through any objective (Timeout, Reach markers, kill peds, "conversations") there was a delay of some seconds. The player suddenly freezes a bit and then starts running again (If you are running). If walking, the same. If shooting, it kinda freezes the shoot. Like when you press C + Spacebar while aiming trying to use the "C-bug".

The Storyline money rewards.

Firstly i took my storyline already made. 1 mission, and set it as 3 storyline missions ( I mean the same mission 3 times ).

So the first mission already had $500,000 of reward (Because i saved it) Then as the second one had $1,000,000 of reward, i edited it. But when i was going to edit it i noticed something, and that was that there was NO number there. Still, the message to type a reward appeared.

Anyway, i started to play with the variables and then:

First attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 600,000$ reward. (Didn't work, threw random number in negative, so it substracted my money)

Second attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 700,000$ reward. (Didn't work, threw random number in negative, so it substracted my money)

Third attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 850,000$ reward. (Didn't work, threw random number in negative, so it substracted my money)

Fourth attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 999,999$ reward. (Didn't work, threw random number in negative, so it substracted my money)

Fifth attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 450,000$ reward. (Worked)

Sixth attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 500,000$ reward. (Worked) 

Seventh attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 500,000$ reward. (Worked BUT, it didn't give me 500,000, it gave me less than it, gave me 432(and something) in the first, and in the second attempt gave me 500,000$, in the third gave me 462(and something)  and then in the last gave me 500,0000$ again)

If you got any confution, in the seventh attempt i attempted 4 times with the same value just to see.

Eighth attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 450,000$ reward. (Worked)

Nineth attempt: First mission: 500,000$ reward (Worked). Second mission: 150,000$ reward. (Worked)

So, in conclution: The bigger than 500,000$ the reward is, the substract money problems start.

Something that i noticed was: Setting a number bigger than 500,000$ deletes the number set when you want to edit it. BUT when you put it in 500,000$, Even if it doesnt give you exactly 500,000$, the number that it will give you (Positive of course) will be automaticly set. Either it's because one can't have more than 1,000,000$ or 900k and something in the storyline mode or it's a bug.

Since below 500,000$ it didn't have any problem, i don't think it would be necesary to reduce the limit to 99,999$ again in everything, i think that it should be AT LEAST 450,000$ if 500,000 it's very big to be concidered... And it's not for me only.. It's because most of the people im sure that want this feature on their storylines. Just thinking in general..

PICs:

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

@Jimmy_leppard:

Where exactly did the "d" appear ?  

At the bottom of the screen, where normally the objective texts appear ?

Did you notice any of the objective texts you set, missing ?

Can you send me a mission file that contains this bug for you ?  (sofar i'm unable to reproduce)

Yes, the ''d'' appeared at the bottom of the screen where the objective texts appear. None of the objective texts were missing, unfortunately, it was just a quick test, I didn't save the mission file, but with the version you sent me to try out, the ''d'' no longer appears :)

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

@Jimmy_leppard:

Can you send me a mission file that contains this bug for you ?  (sofar i'm unable to reproduce)

Yes, the ''d'' appeared at the bottom of the screen where the objective texts appear. None of the objective texts were missing, unfortunately, it was just a quick test, I didn't save the mission file, but with the version you sent me to try out, the ''d'' no longer appears :)

I think we got this issue covered. This bug probably accounts for a lot of the issues that have been eported sofar, so we're releasing a new beta version soon.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

@Dr.John13: 

Exactly at what point does it crash, what were you trying to do, and what were you last actions.

Which objective(s) cause this ?

Actually, nevermind. The crash seems to have reduced.

But, I still get crashes when I:

I go to the "Tools" menu.

Select the "Jetpack" option.

And then reselect the "Tools" menu.

Finally I click for "Spawn Test Vehicle".

CJ moves a few blocks and the car appears but then, the game crashes. Happens all the time.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

Wouldn't it be more reasonable if you got to photograph an actor or a dead body? Why only an object?

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

When I try to make a 'Follow Player' cutscene (1st person and 3rd person too) it somehow acts like Follow Actor so it asks us to choose an actor after that.

TeMkA69
  • TeMkA69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by TeMkA69, 14 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Thanks for the reports.

But be sure to include as much details and info as possible.

If we can't figure out, how to reproduce the issue you report, we can't solve it.

@Jimmy_leppard:

@SoftTouch: 

Please try to give more information: Did this happen while designing or playing a mission ?

What objective did you enter?

What was the next objective?

Did it happen once or constantly ?

@MyxacH:

Did this happen once or costantly?

I assume this happened while you tried to enter an objective text?

What objetive was the text for?

How many text had you already typed in the input box when you type <ctrl+~> >

@TeMkA79:

Can you be a bit more specific about when this happens (what were you trying to do, detailed, please) and where on the screen do they appear?  

@Dr.John13: 

Exactly at what point does it crash, what were you trying to do, and what were you last actions.

Which objective(s) cause this ?

@dude1: Rotation is not supported for Effect Objects. 

This happens in different ways. When my player picks up the phone, for example.  When the player is teleported somewhere or when using cutscene for Player

I also found another bug. When a player is holding a phone, then the next target it drops the phone and runs with it.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Here's a video i made. So at 0:10 i want the controls to come back to the actual player. But i cant move the motorcycle for some strange reason. So i need to get off and get on to be able to move again. Could you please add some animation in player animations, that enables the controls? Or maybe fix this bug with not being able to move?

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

These things I think that need to improve;

1) I'm making a mission, I have two Friendly's that will spawn in the nearest vehicle, Ryder, in a car in were I'm passenger and shooting and another driver were I have to protect from enemy's, but he spawns in Ryder's car and not the other one.

The second vehicle is a Teleport Player into vehicle but the Actor and passenger Actor doesn't spawn in them.

If any of the DYOM Developers want the mission file to see I'll send them it.

My idea for improving it; Instead of "Sit/Enter Nearest Vehicle" how about the option to assign a Actor to a specific vehicle to enter/sit in.

Massive improvement and include Objective vehicles please.

I hope that if that is going to be in isn't going to be hard.

2) Sometimes when playing a mission there is a lack of civilian vehicles around.

3) Sometimes when I make missions I like to put a vehicle in were only the Actors can enter and not the Player, before I saw a code in the original that was in, it's a lock option I think.

MyxacH
  • MyxacH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by MyxacH, 15 December 2013 - 03:18 AM.

My idea for improving it; Instead of "Sit/Enter Nearest Vehicle" how about the option to assign a Actor to a specific vehicle to enter/sit in.

Massive improvement and include Objective vehicles please.

I hope that if that is going to be in isn't going to be hard.

Actor in Objective car

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Glitch: Player Animations don't work.

I have a mission like;

"Go get some police clothes"

When the Objective clothes icon is completed I set the next Objective as a Player Animation; Walk but doesn't do it.

Only the next Objective it does it in a cutscene, and when I do a Run/Sprint or even a Sit in Nearest Vehicle. 

Stuntzman
  • Stuntzman

CAN YOU DIG IT!?

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

I'd like to point out an old bug that you also see in Dude1's video. When you set a teleport objective or just set the player in any location, it flashes quickly before a cutscene. It only started with V7.
  • Akshay2001 likes this

Akshay2001
  • Akshay2001

Dyom designer/ playerr

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Player animations doesn't work
Player animations doesn't work

Akshay2001
  • Akshay2001

Dyom designer/ playerr

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

When I select in player animations > sit in nearest cat it doesn't work and shows a text like this Â
When I select in player animations > sit in nearest cat it doesn't work and shows a text like this Â

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by Mariojav97, 16 December 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I do not know if you consider it a bug, but in the stoyline, if you put save progress, and later, the charges, the money returns to 100.
You know you can not save money too?

Also, when using "player animation", a zero text, or something for a while appears, do not know if you can fix.

Building on the above, if possible, in the storyline missions, establish a limit DINERA to start a mission, that is, you need money to do a mission.
  • Akshay2001 likes this

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by Astrobix, 17 December 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Hey, there's a bug i guess that after any objective the player freezes for a second.. For example after killing someone, picking up something,  etc etc.. This happens in EVERY SINGLE objective that involves control the player.. Except in the cutscenes of course

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Glitch: Player Animations don't work.

I have a mission like;

"Go get some police clothes"

When the Objective clothes icon is completed I set the next Objective as a Player Animation; Walk but doesn't do it.

Only the next Objective it does it in a cutscene, and when I do a Run/Sprint or even a Sit in Nearest Vehicle. 

Thats because player animations only work in cutscenes. You could probably make somethink similar if you use the player follow cutscene.

• TeMkA69 likes this

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

A other bug I found with this version, (do not know if I passed just me) is that if you walk into any shop interior as ammunation or pizzeria while doing a mission (not a storyline), the game is broken (I have the gta sa compat do not know if it happens to you).

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

But why does it work just for cutscenes and not normal gameplay?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Very compliment for the mod. It 's very exciting. I play SA DYOM use only. So far I have not encountered any crash, but I do not understand why, when I put the target Talk on Phone and play the mission, I get the phone first with the correct animation, then after a fraction of a second, the player holding the phone in hand as if it were a weapon (like a uzi).

In the previous version I have not found a similar bug.
Sorry if I do not have a good pronunciation but I'm Italian and I'm using Google translator!

Exocortex
  • Exocortex

Lord Commander

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Very compliment for the mod. It 's very exciting. I play SA DYOM use only. So far I have not encountered any crash, but I do not understand why, when I put the target Talk on Phone and play the mission, I get the phone first with the correct animation, then after a fraction of a second, the player holding the phone in hand as if it were a weapon (like a uzi).

In the previous version I have not found a similar bug.
Sorry if I do not have a good pronunciation but I'm Italian and I'm using Google translator!

Got the same problem

megalz97
  • megalz97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

I found a new bug:
- Everytime place/edit the player and give player a weapon, it will crash

Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Driveby doesn't seem to work when ENABLED.

Anyone else having this problem.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

@765 Got the same problem. I guess, we have enough reports for next beta.

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Driveby doesn't seem to work when ENABLED.

Anyone else having this problem.

I do

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

A other fatal bug, the Driveby in "Teleport the player to the car", no is funcional.

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Another bug is that if you make 3 consecutive missions, the objectives of these are combined, (I mean, have created a mission, then put "New Mission" to another).
DYOM begins to make mistakes, it is best to restart DYOM a new mission.

Herok!
  • Herok!

HeRoK

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

This is dyom dyom think that has more bugs

1 - When you create a mission then another dialogs are stirred in the second

2 - You have too CLASH

3 - At the time of placing the objective TALK ON PHONE player speaks only one goal the following leaves him

4 - words that have nothing to do LRUN STAT eg, T are put "#!" WED # WE # R $ "QW #, and many more!

5 - Every time a new object appears the player stops moving

The dyom is very good because it has many new things that are excellent just ask you to fix those bugs thanks
  • TeMkA69 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users