Photo

Bug Report Topic V8

444 replies to this topic
SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:39 AM Edited by SoftTouch, 25 May 2014 - 05:39 AM.

Yeah. The mod still leaves some left over files. Best if you do reinstall it.

I would recommend completly uninstalling the game from registry first, and then uninstall the game. Then re-install again.

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Yeah. The mod still leaves some left over files. Best if you do reinstall it.

I would recommend completly uninstalling the game from registry first, and then uninstall the game. Then re-install again.

How to do that?

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:52 AM Edited by Rendy Specter, 06 June 2014 - 08:58 AM.

Does anyone here ever encounter an explosive bug?The Explosive is an object I must place my actors this far if i don't want to kill all of them

http://www.mediafire...plosive_bug.jpg

And I can't destroy these trucks with the same explosive object i have selected explosion proff but still no change at all.But i can still destroy them with rpg and in a mission before this i can still destroy a truck with explosive object 

http://www.mediafire...ive_bug_(2).jpg

i'm still using dyom 7 i just hope something like this won't happen in dyom 8

and everytime i place a fire object my game then suddenly crash why this is happen to me?

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

@ Randy : Maybe you put the "new" explosive object near the truck. Try the "old" one, it works fine with my DYOM, the truck is tottally destructed by the bomb while the cutscene is on.

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

@ Randy : Maybe you put the "new" explosive object near the truck. Try the "old" one, it works fine with my DYOM, the truck is tottally destructed by the bomb while the cutscene is on.

What do you mean old explosive object?an object in older dyom?or in which number?

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

@ Randy : The explosive objects. They aren't just the new one right? (Those with numbers). In the end when you searching down the object you'll find "Explosion Old Style", use that, that's better when you're creating mission about explosion and you want the truck immediately destroyed

Anyway, it's on the newest version. Number ? An object before "Fire" object.

deltaCJ
  • deltaCJ

Dime Loco, Que lo Que?

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Hi! I have installed DYOM v8.1 w/ Cleos 4. I Put the mpacks and SD and DSL to the User files but it wont show up in menu! I HAve re installed it 5 times already (LIterally!) PLease help! sorry for my english i am spanish! Thanks you! 

AlmosVezer1
  • AlmosVezer1

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Hungary

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

When I want to call the mission, the game stops. why? 

Watch this video from 01:50.. This happens to me too.

link

megalz97
  • megalz97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I have a problem, when i create a actor/player DYOM will crash when i press space to place actor/payer down
Video:https://www.youtube....h?v=GgLSmuT6jP4

Richard321
  • Richard321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Hi there,

This is not really a bug but I didn't know where else to post this.

Does DYOM V8 support cleo 3 as well as cleo 4. I've always used cleo 3 for DYOM. Even for Dyom V7 I used cleo 3. Now I just downloaded dyom 8 and my san andreas crashes because I needs cleo 4 and it doesn't seem to work with cleo 3!

My question is, is there a dyom v8 that supports cleo 3 or are you yet to release this? If you do have a v8 that works with cleo 3, could you send me the link in a reply! Thanks! It's just seems so strange that you guys are suddenly only using cleo 4 only! The reason I'm posting this is because cleo 4 does not work on my gta sa, onyl cleo 3 works! (please don't reply with possible fixes for letting my cleo 4 work because that's not what I'm asking for)

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

No, after realese of DYOM V8, it doesn't support Cleo 3 anymore, only Cleo 4.

P.S: (Doesn't support CLEO 4.3 well either)

gheorgheM
  • gheorgheM

Resident dadaist

• Members
  • Moldova

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by gheorgheM, 02 July 2014 - 06:46 PM.

oi! I have a question, three in fact:

1) when I want to play a loaded mission (or play any dyom mission for that matter), the game crashes, why is that? I've reinstalled cleo4!

2), 3) if cleo's not compatible with my .exe version, how do I make it compatible? and why the hell wouldn't it be compatible anyway??

P.S. Never mind, hoodlum crack worked =)

Mateus H.
  • Mateus H.

DYOM Designer

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

the storyline have a error if have 25 missions. why? i not speak english, you can see errors in the words!!!

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

the storyline have a error if have 25 missions. why? i not speak english, you can see errors in the words!!!

The storyline can only support 24 missions (26 with the intro and outro).

salvadorc17
  • salvadorc17

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

I want to report that friends actors dont follow the player when you choice the settings "Must survive"..., also they dont move to attack some times..

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

I want to report that friends actors dont follow the player when you choice the settings "Must survive"..., also they dont move to attack some times..

Actually, actors that have ''must survive'' follow you. If you spawn them before a ''teleport'' objective, they will bug and stand still. Some times they don't attack because it's the SA AI.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Not sure if intentionally or bug, but here are two I just found:

1. When in cutscene, using Player Animation, enemies will NOT attack (even if right behind the player) until the end of cutscene.

2. Button E in Designing mode has same function as Y button (a.k.a Y = E)

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

1. When in cutscene, using Player Animation, enemies will NOT attack (even if right behind the player) until the end of cutscene.

Enemies won't attack the player on cutscenes, only friends.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

So you mean only friends attack enemies or what?

Varro Sasuke
  • Varro Sasuke

I'm everywhere.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Enemies can only attack the friends of the Player. Which means, if you want to make a cutscene with enemies attack the Player, you can add an actor and choose the same skin as the Player and then set as friend of the Player.

soz bad english.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Enemies can only attack the friends of the Player. Which means, if you want to make a cutscene with enemies attack the Player, you can add an actor and choose the same skin as the Player and then set as friend of the Player.

soz bad english.

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. And, your English is just fine for me.

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't know it's a bug or it's really what DYOM 8.1 can do. So, I download storylines from dyom.gtagames.nl and put all the necessary file including intro and outro into DSL folder. Because I am study in IT and understand some programming language, so I decided to open the storylines with notepad++, and I got nothing BUT I can change the credits name and mission name and some of none cutscene texts. That's the first I always want to ask because your copyright for that storylines and missions can be changed just in minutes.

Then, I tried to change the name of the storylines, the mission triggers doesn't work. That's good because it's like case-sensitive, BUT I rename it to .dat file (from story1 to story1.dat) then I change it again to DYOM1.dat and do you know what happen? I can EDIT all of the whole mission, maybe not with storylines but the missions of it.
At the first time, I really confused between publish missions or make storylines because I know that storylines can be edited so I choose published mission pack. So, to all of you that make this great mod, please find a way to make storylines become read-only although I think you made some algorithm for passed mission from a storyline. And I have tried make a short storyline with DYOM8.1 and I can edit it too.

I suggest you make mission for storylines by altering external output like title, name and texts. Hope to hear your answer. But greatest mod ever for GTA SA.

Brasil-Games
  • Brasil-Games

Brasil-Games2

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

Look, I was creating a mission more then I wanted to do: Half off the interior and the other half of the mission within the interior I did the mission and when I test the extent to which it will pro inside came a crash as I got it. :barf: 

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:15 AM Edited by nandack, 20 July 2014 - 04:08 AM.

Look, I was creating a mission more then I wanted to do: Half off the interior and the other half of the mission within the interior I did the mission and when I test the extent to which it will pro inside came a crash as I got it. :barf:
Looks like you put too many objects / actors inside the interior. Do you make some space between spawning actors if your mission is to kill them all? Do not instantly spawn more than 30 actors at a time (after an objective). You can make a space by using another objective like the example above: after 30 actors were killed you put Timeout objective let say 2 seconds then spawning another 30 actors. And remember the limit of actors are 100 they said. And your game crash because you call too many function simultanously or your gta.exe is not compatible. Try to make some space when spawning. Hope it helps.

Also you can make better timing when you spawn at the right time. If you spawn objects after cutscene, spawn them after the last cutscene for that segment because spawning take some memory and make it weird when in conversation cutscene just after actor to actor (like a blank black screen).

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:00 AM Edited by Revolver1, 20 July 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I just found another bug. Let me just explain that.

So, I was making some same actor, so I use Ctrl + P. Then I spawn guy A, and instead of standing around, I want him to walk around. So I edit him, use Walk animation, set up his route-point, then use as loop-point, then when everything is done, I hit ready and instantly my game crash.

Does anyone else experience this too?

And can some PLEASE explain why the hell are those things floating in mid-air? (I can fly through them. They aren't real, I already deleted them but their "illusion" is still floating there. Is this a bug or something? How can I fix this?

o5boksX.jpg

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

I just found another bug. Let me just explain that.
So, I was making some same actor, so I use Ctrl + P. Then I spawn guy A, and instead of standing around, I want him to walk around. So I edit him, use Walk animation, set up his route-point, then use as loop-point, then when everything is done, I hit ready and instantly my game crash.
Does anyone else experience this too?

And can some PLEASE explain why the hell are those things floating in mid-air? (I can fly through them. They aren't real, I already deleted them but their "illusion" is still floating there. Is this a bug or something? How can I fix this?
o5boksX.jpg

Do you make a good looping? If you want to make a loop try to add some space from one point to another and do not overlapping previously routepoints. Let say points are A - B - C - D when make a point never put B at the top of C or D atat the top A to prevent memory overload. Try to delete the actor, make new one and make a better route.

those plane is collided or not? If in design mode you can touch and collide with that plane, then you just need to restart your game or enter it and throw it away. But if it is not collide so it must be a vehicle that you made incorrectly, try to Delete Car. Hope it helps.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

It's not real, both playing and designing mode. I deleted both, and I can fly through it with jetpack in playing mode

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

It's not real, both playing and designing mode. I deleted both, and I can fly through it with jetpack in playing mode

Well, you tried to restart DYOM, right?

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Well, you tried to restart DYOM, right?

If you consider spamming New game => Design Your Own Mission is then yea, I did. I also restarted the game many times, but just no luck.

nandack
  • nandack

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Is that a mission or storylines? Maybe it's not DYOM bug but your game that get some errors. I hope this help:

[item]If you have storyline, make a backup[/item]
[item]Make a backup to for your mission[/item]
[item]Now open GTASA > DYOM[/item]
[item]Press Y, Choose Storyline > Clear Storyline[/item]

Try it, if it isn't work, just obey it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users