331 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

In this topic you can report crashes and other bugs you encounter while using DYOM.

There are three mayor types of crashes:

• Crashes that occur as soon as you start SA/DYOM.
  • Crashes that occur during designing a mission.
  • Crashes that occur during playing a mission.

I'll try to describe shortly what is the best way to handle them:
Crashes that occur as soon as you start SA/DYOM
These are almost always related to incorrect CLEO4 installation.
- CLEO4 is not installled at all.
- CLEO4 is improperly installed.
- The .exe you have is not compatible with CLEO4.

Crashes that occur during designing a mission.
- Do you have other mods installed, that might conflict with DYOM?
- Try to disable CLEO scripts that are active.
- Report the problem in this thread, with as much detail about the moment the crash occurs. What was the state of your mission, and at exactly what moment did it crash? Be as detailed as possible, so instead of reporting that it crashes while adding an actor, it is even better to report that the crash occured right after you pressed <space> while selecting a RPG as the weapon for an actor.
- if possible include scmlog.txt in your report, if you have the scmlog CLEO plug-in installed. (recommended)

Crashes that occur during playing a mission
- Report the problem in this thread, provide a link to the mission-file that you played, and try to describe as accurate as possible the circumstances of the crash.
- if possible include scmlog.txt in your report, if you have the scmlog CLEO plugin installed. (recommended)

We want DYOM to be crash free, and will always try to fix any problems. But we can only fix problems if we can reproduce the problem or if the description of the problem is good enough. This will enable us to get a clue about the location of the bug in our code and we don't have to search in all the 23.000+ lines of scm-code that we have written sofar for this mod.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

[NTWK][SHERIFF] Desert Fairytale

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

I have just installed DYOM v8 with cleo 4 stand-alone rar. When i start DYOM ingame, the game is just crashed. I don't know why it can occur. My exe version is 1.00 eu. It's vanilla GTA San Andreas. Maybe i'll try the auto installer version of cleo 4.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

I've read somewhere that the stand-alone rar of CLEO 4is not stable; you should indeed try the auto installer (run it as administrator, else it probably won't work). If he game just crashes when starting DYOM, it is not a bug of DYOM. Most likely the install of CLEO 4 or perhaps a CLEO mod that gets mixed up with DYOM. Please make sure you install another exe, since CLEO 4 will not work with the "normal" San Andreas exe. I refer to the following video (in the details you can find a downloadlink of the exe):

EDIT: I saw you found your solution, you can forget this post. :p

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

First of all, you've done great work, Dutchy and Patrick. Thank you for DYOM in general and for the new version in particular.

Now, I've tested pretty much everything, and the only 'bug', which is actually a mistake, that I've found is that when I want to use the 'skip fading' feature, I'm asked to skip widescreen. Other than that it's all good.

GTA professor
  • GTA professor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

when creating player with a gun and after pressing 'shift' to accept, it crashes. I currently have cleo 4.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 09 December 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Here's some bugs I noticed:

EDIT:

- Instead of 'Skip fading' feature, it says 'Skip Widescreen'

- It blocks me from putting a cutscene after a while.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by JoshDa1, 09 December 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Does it have fixed "multiple pickup spawn" problem?

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

This seems he same problem as Doublepulse mentioned before, but we couldn't reproduce it. Can you please explain more about this bug? We think that it is pretty important that we can fix this bug. Thanks. :)

Thanks all for the bug reports, we will try to fix them for the final version. If we can't reproduce the bug, we will ask you for (even) more information. We hope that you all register the bugs well and even better, save the mission where it occurs.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 09 December 2013 - 04:13 PM.

This seems he same problem as Doublepulse mentioned before, but we couldn't reproduce it. Can you please explain more about this bug? We think that it is pretty important that we can fix this bug. Thanks. :)

Thanks all for the bug reports, we will try to fix them for the final version. If we can't reproduce the bug, we will ask you for (even) more information. We hope that you all register the bugs well and even better, save the mission where it occurs.

Well, unfortunately, I didn't save the mission, but I can describe the situation in which it happened.

So, it was in Grove Street and I pretty much used 2-3 objects, 10-11 objectives (almost every objective was different than the previous one), I used mostly object objectives and the rest of the new features all on the space of Grove Street, so everything was kinda squeezed together.. The last few objectives were cutscenes one after another and every cutscene was a different type of cutscene (all new features). The error occured when I wanted to add another cutscene after 3 previous ones and all that happens is that it lets me choose the type, duration and effects of the cutscene, but when I click ''Ready'', it just shuts down the menu like nothing happened. It doesn't even let me proceed into the ''Type the description'' box. However, I was messing around again a couple of minutes ago and it worked fine. I don't get it. Oh, and I wasn't messing around at the same location. I went on the far side of Los Santos, not the Grove Street.

TeMkA69
  • TeMkA69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

Can do to be able to rotate effects?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

- Sometimes when i set skip Widescreen for one cutscene, it skips widescreen for all cutscenes.

- I made some cutscenes using different effects in  each of them. After that i cant make any cutscene

- When i set 1st person cutscene, and make next one cutscene, there is fading between. (Not sure if this is bug)

All for now. Great work btw, you deserve much more than awards on GTAF. However, keep up!  :^:

• Platinum Card likes this

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

@jimmy_leppard: thanks for your extensive description, very usefull. DoublePulse reported the same issue once, but we weren't able to reproduce it yet. Do you recall any details of the last objective that you couldn't finish, such as the type and options you choose ?

@TeMkA69:  No, rotation on effects is not supported.

@AnDeJ98: Does the second issue resemble the issue jimmy reported ?  (we will look into the other two)

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

@jimmy_leppard: thanks for your extensive description, very usefull. DoublePulse reported the same issue once, but we weren't able to reproduce it yet. Do you recall any details of the last objective that you couldn't finish, such as the type and options you choose ?

No problem, man.

Well, that last objective that was blocked for me to set was a cutscene, actually any cutscene. First I tried a static cutscene with slow motion and no fading, then I tried linear and smooth cutscene with the same effects and then I tried a static cutscene with no effects and it still didn't work. It just went up until the effect choosing and then it kicked me out of the menu after I clicked ''Ready'' to go to the description box.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think yes. I I guess it's the same bug, but it appeared in different way. I don't know how to explain it correctly, but i guess it's similar.

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

I found an interesting bug. I don't saved the mission and could not "repeat" the same thing, but, is that:

I was making a Prologue in beta version for a future project that I intend to release in 2014, in the dance club. When I put the player on the dance floor, and then put a cutscene in 3rd person in an actor, with "Skip Fading" and "Skip Widescreen", I've made ​​another objective for the player leave the club through a checkpoint ... However, when I test the mission, the cutscene was ok, just in time to play with the player, he appeared somewhere in the Blue Hell, in the middle of nowhere, and I could not go back to the club.

I did not save that mission so I can not show them, and now the bug not appears no more, but if it happens again, I saved and put here.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

No problem, man.

Well, that last objective that was blocked for me to set was a cutscene, actually any cutscene. First I tried a static cutscene with slow motion and no fading, then I tried linear and smooth cutscene with the same effects and then I tried a static cutscene with no effects and it still didn't work. It just went up until the effect choosing and then it kicked me out of the menu after I clicked ''Ready'' to go to the description box.

The bug has been found, and solved.

You can reproduce it like this:

1)  add an objective cutscene, but in the "cuscene properties menu" cancel it.

2)  add a new objective cutscene, and now select "ready" in the properties menu. It will behave as if you canceled it again, aborting the action, instead of being able to enter your text.

I've made ​​another objective for the player leave the club through a checkpoint ...

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this.. did you create a checkpoint outside, expecting the player to walk outside and into the checkpoint, or did you set a checkpoint inside the club where the player should walk into, or did you create a teleport, to put the player outside after the cutscene?

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

- Sometimes when i set skip Widescreen for one cutscene, it skips widescreen for all cutscenes.

Found and Solved.. thanks  :^:

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

and the only 'bug', which is actually a mistake, that I've found is that when I want to use the 'skip fading' feature, I'm asked to skip widescreen. Other than that it's all good.

Fixed  :^:

We're not aware of such a problem, can you elaborate?

when creating player with a gun and after pressing 'shift' to accept, it crashes. I currently have cleo 4.

A specific gun or any gun ?

Is this reproducable for you?

Are you able to create a actor with a gun, without crashing ?

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

I've made ​​another objective for the player leave the club through a checkpoint ...

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this.. did you create a checkpoint outside, expecting the player to walk outside and into the checkpoint, or did you set a checkpoint inside the club where the player should walk into, or did you create a teleport, to put the player outside after the cutscene?

The checkpoint does not actually the problem. The problem was in the time to move from the cutscene for the player. I created the cutscene to give a touch of realism, on top of an actor(3rd person, with Skip fading and Skip Widescreen), making him walk up to a point, then would come the time to play with the player, I hide the actor. The problem is: When it came time to play with the player, he appeared in somewhere of the Blue Hell (I don't know where but the player can walk, I suppose that place can be the end of the Blue Hell, so he fall... I don't know how...)

But now I'm suspecting that this may be because of the explosion which I added before, which may have caused the player to leave the place where he was and fall in the blue hell because some bug, but it is only a suspicion. I'll try to make the mission exactly as it was to show you ... I can not explain right and my english is not very helpful.

Sorry any inconvenience ...

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Well... game works perfectly until I play the mission i've made or try to name an objective...

I would like to know if there is some kind of solution for this... :)

Thank you!

But apart from that, really nice job with this

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by JoshDa1, 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM.

I mean there are two options in pickups menu, the first one is spawn the pickups only one time, the second one is spawn the pickups continuously. I mean the problem is although I chose the pickups to spawn continuously, however, it's still only spawn one time.

Astrobix
  • Astrobix

Staff Sergeant

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hello!

This bug is older.. Has occurred in all the versions that i've tested so far in my life :p V5 - V8

It doesn't happen in 1 mission so i can't give any mission download or something.. Being honest, i don't think that this bug is from dyom but i guess it's the most probable because:

This doesn't happens to me in the storyline mode.. So here it goes:

- Procedure:

Step 1: Play 5 - 6 misions constantly, (Can be loading them and playing them or even using a storyline mode)

Step 2: Drive long distances IN MISSION not necesary must be for example LV to LS. But it can be LS observatory - Madd Dogg mansion.. 

Step 3: Go in a busy area (Ammu nation, LV - LS Bridge) In fact long distances.

Step 4: Check how does the game freezes and then suddenly crashes.

In few words, after playing some missions for a while, (being part of a storyline mode or not), make a long distance driving... And go through "busy" areas and the game will crash.. I don't know why this happens but is annoying. But if you avoid those areas the game will not crash..

(I know, i gave a simple solution and you can call me idiot because im reporting something that i have the solution for it)

Anyway the point is that it is annoying.. But if after the game crashes, you LOAD the mission where you did all that long drive, try go through the "busy" area and it won't crash.. However it will after you do a couple of missions..

"Busy" areas that the game has crashed for me

LV Road - (The long road that goes through Caligula, Four Dragons, The sunken ship besides a hotel, Mad dogg's first mission, clowns pocket, Binco's store, 24/7 store, sex shop store and finnaly divides into 2 streets. One to LVPD and another to millie's house road)

LV - LS bridge.

LS Central ammu nation

LS - Angel pine / mountain chiliad / SF's south eastern thruway / freeway.

Well, those are the places that the game has crashed for me.. As i said, this is not a new bug, is an OLDER bug. I just reported it now because its the first time that i create an account here c: 

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

@martin_GDF: You'll have to describe the problem in a bit more detail, for us to understand what happens.

I mean there are two options in pickups menu, the first one is spawn the pickups only one time, the second one is spawn the pickups continuously. I mean the problem is although I chose the pickups to spawn continuously, however, it's still only spawn one time.

As far as I know it does spawn multiple times, but the default respawn time is 6 minutes. Realizing that this is indeed a long time, a new option is added:

pickup.png

@Astrobix: Thanks for reporting. It's not something that we can easily fix on short notice, but we keep it in mind. Maybe other people recognize your description, and we get a bit closer to the cause of this.

JoshDa1
  • JoshDa1

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by JoshDa1, 10 December 2013 - 01:33 AM.

@PatrickW Meaby i didn't realize it before. By the way, thank you for adding the new option. It's helpful when I'm in combat.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Apparently, the Object objectives only limited to destructable objects. Only thing I was possibly able to do was to touch object and photograph it. It seems like "Destroy object" and "Shoot object" don't work as specified on some objects (like chairs, ramps). Is it because of any reason or bug?

Also, it seems like whenever I fail any mission (like getting busted or wasted), I can see only gray background and only the dead player (I killed myself 5 times just to replay a single mission :p). Is it some glitch with my game or a bug? These gray shades never appeared in previous versions. Perhaps it's because of some hex. :/

I also checked if this version also works with older mission files; and the results are satisfactory. :^:

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Apparently, the Object objectives only limited to destructable objects. Only thing I was possibly able to do was to touch object and photograph it. It seems like "Destroy object" and "Shoot object" don't work as specified on some objects (like chairs, ramps). Is it because of any reason or bug?

I believe that's how the SA game works. I noticed that too, but what can't be destroyed in-game (singleplayer), I don't think it can be destroyed in DYOM. So, yeah, I think only destructable objects can be used for shooting or damaging.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

That's sad. I was expecting to make a Hulk missions where you had to destroy buildings.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

I believe that's how the SA game works. I noticed that too, but what can't be destroyed in-game (singleplayer), I don't think it can be destroyed in DYOM. So, yeah, I think only destructable objects can be used for shooting or damaging.

Yeah, I can confirm what Jimmy said. It's just not possible to destroy an object that is not breakable, we can't simulate that either. :(

(But perhaps you are right that we have to show a warning using the objects objective, so this is clear for everyone)

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

I deleted the MPACK folder and replaced it with the beta one and got this nice message. Any advice?

slz3w8Pl.png

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 10 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Nevermind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users