Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there anyone who isn't a complete asshole in multiplayer?

105 replies to this topic
dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

So much bad ass in one thread! ;) 

Wereinthe7brotherhood_1be57d972869644a54

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 09 December 2013 - 01:27 PM.

I'd say I'm the nicest person you will ever meet online in gta. I think atleast 70 people sent me friend requests since october because I usually take randoms and go biking around chumash or base jumping of the maze bank tower

Na-ah. I'd say I'm the nicest, I let people drive my expensive cars all the time. And I've had like at least 73 friend requests, soo… They are allowed to hang out in my apartment too with free alcohol and a big cozy sofa. Seems that people like it.

Car Hussy! 

I think you are jelly

happy-cat1.jpg

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'd say I'm the nicest person you will ever meet online in gta. I think atleast 70 people sent me friend requests since october because I usually take randoms and go biking around chumash or base jumping of the maze bank tower

Na-ah. I'd say I'm the nicest, I let people drive my expensive cars all the time. And I've had like at least 73 friend requests, soo They are allowed to hang out in my apartment too with free alcohol and a big cozy sofa. Seems that people like it.

No no, I am even nicer than this. When I see my poor fellow players being chased by the cops, my heart swells with compassion and I climb aboard my buzzard and launch a barrage of missiles at them, hoping they will hit the police cars. Strangely though, these players never come out to thank me, but only drive into tunnels and under overpasses. :(

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

Na-ah. I'd say I'm the nicest, I let people drive my expensive cars all the time. And I've had like at least 73 friend requests, soo… They are allowed to hang out in my apartment too with free alcohol and a big cozy sofa. Seems that people like it.

Car Hussy! 

I think you are jelly

happy-cat1.jpg

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns_zps47a8

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 09 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

I believe I'm a good player.  I join a game and see if anyone is in tanks.  If they are, I go on a far away building, pull out my sniper, and proceed to shoot them out of their tanks while telling them to play fair on my mic.  If they choose to ignore me, I continue sniping them out until they give up and do something else or they leave the game.  Sometimes I'll pull out my own tank, blow up their tank, then proceed to spawn kill the tank user over and over, just like they were doing to other people.  I focus only on the tank user and leave the other players alone, unless they attack me, of course.

Its fun being a dick to dicks.

• The Spook likes this

Cpt_Mustache
  • Cpt_Mustache

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Usually I'm pretty nice.  But I got a tank today.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Na-ah. I'd say I'm the nicest, I let people drive my expensive cars all the time. And I've had like at least 73 friend requests, soo They are allowed to hang out in my apartment too with free alcohol and a big cozy sofa. Seems that people like it.

No no, I am even nicer than this. When I see my poor fellow players being chased by the cops, my heart swells with compassion and I climb aboard my buzzard and launch a barrage of missiles at them, hoping they will hit the police cars. Strangely though, these players never come out to thank me, but only drive into tunnels and under overpasses. :(

Yeah I wonder why they do that…..?

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

I love sniping people, but i like to steal a bus and go for 15 players all inside de bus making riots...a lot of fun!

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

As Rajun says, there are decent players out there but, because we're not in your face shooting you all the time, it feels as though Los Santos is nothing but idiots. I try to play the game as I would imagine I would in real life if I was really into heavy crime such as grand theft, armed robbery and assignation. I would never approach you unless you were where I wanted to go amd then I would do so quietly but carefully and will only shoot if shot at. If I join your mission, I assist to the fullest but I would always wait for your arrival before opening fire as it's your mission. I would ensure you pickup the vehicle/coke/evidence whatever the mission is, and cover your back while you deliver. Once the mission is over, I then quickly disappear into the night and will sometimes leave a text 'good work' if I felt that was the case. This to me is the real way pro criminals would work...quickly, quietly and proffessionally.

Then there's the scally type crooks...shoot their own mother, rob their own kids...blow up anything, shoot innocence along the mission to ensure a healthy supply of cops...operate without a suppressor, honk their clown horn, crash everything in their rush to beat you to your mission, rush to do everything in your mission before you, dying multiple times in the process ensuring that if you die, you have to spectate. Then shoot you after mission and crash everything on their escape with a flood of cops and choppers at their tail. These people also think they're 'awesome' at the game lol

Exactly this! I try to be the first paragraph. I was gifting cars to a low level player yesterday and binning everyone who went for him and I. Eventually it was 6 on 1 - I was defending the low level while he went about his business. Storing and selling the cars I made for him. It was funny. Eventually people just end up leaving you alone if you troll them back just as hard as they went for you. I don't tend to text to say well done after missions, but I do play fair, and wait, give lifts etc… The second is a load of scumbags and I've been in my fair share with them to recognise them and their tactics.

I'm not an asshole. But I appreciate the assholes because it gives me the go ahead to wreak havoc. Mercenaries, muggers, bounty, RPG, Buzzard, Tank, rinse and repeat...oh they left...

If I'm not getting hassled I offer to mod cars for anyone, I'll hand out RPG's and any other weapon, you can borrow my tank (if its to retaliate another tank) I'll offer protection to someone with a bounty (just because I realised its more fun than trying to kill them) I will buy and show you the view of potential apartments you might be interested in buying. I will offer a test drive to any high end vehicle you are thinking of buying. you can stall over to my gaff and jerk off all over the place...no worries

This. Until they steal my car and I HAVE to kill them just to know they're not to mess with me.

I would recommend you add people as friends that you do missions with or that you come across on free roam who don't seem to be assholes.

After a while you will have enough friends online that you all end up on the same lobbies and your numbers will dwindle any others on the lobby. Less chance for assholes to end up in your lobby and if they do, you can all gang attack him until he quits or runs away.

I find now that I only come across assholes when I'm online by myself. Once a few friends come online, I rarely run into assholes.

It is fun to gang attack a jerk though. All of a sudden they have 3 guys spawn killing them and constant mercenaries, bounties and muggers. It sure isn't fun for them.

I found the same. Since playing GTA my friend list went from about 4 to around 12? Mostly nice guys, and I've been dropped into sessions. This one guy very often gets himself into trouble, and he'll call over the mic he needs some help. This is the fun part, driving from the top of Mt. Chilliad down to LSC to go blow up some guy who keeps hassling a friend. 

If anyone wants someone to play nice with. Then add me on R* Social club same name as here and I'm happy to be a GTA friend. I do like to wreak havoc sometimes. But mostly when it's full of french school kids and asian wannabe gangsters.

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

First of all anyone that stays in a session and gets killed over 100 times is crazy.

Second there is just no reason for people to be nice here and that just breeds assholes. When you have a game that you spawn into random worlds with random people every time you play their is no accountability as chances are you will never see these people again.

I still say that if there were dedicated servers where you "lived" things would be quite different.

However things are the way they are and being a nice guy doesn't get you anything but dead. I just play on friend.crew.invite only sessions and have a great time. This is sad because there are probably a lot of great people out there to play with but weeding through the asshats just isn't worth it.
  • Juanfartez and The Spook like this

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

No. I fully modded 5 cars for 5 different strangers yesterday. Happy holidays!

highside_rider
  • highside_rider

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

war costs time and $. i'll send a 1v1, if they don't accept or bring heavy artillery i'll just ignore or go somewhere else. it's a videogame.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think you are jelly

happy-cat1.jpg

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns_zps47a8

Please continue the 'cute-off'

(And by god, that cat is so SMUG)

However things are the way they are and being a nice guy doesn't get you anything but dead. I just play on friend.crew.invite only sessions and have a great time. This is sad because there are probably a lot of great people out there to play with but weeding through the asshats just isn't worth it.

IMO the only practical reason to go into public free-roam sessions is if you're looking for a fight. Every free-roam activity is easily soloable and gives the best rewards on solo and you don't need to worry about other people interfering. The only time you'd really want a 2nd player backing you up is uhh when you're fighting other players.

Hanging out with other players can be fun, but co-operation on free-roam activities doesn't really seem worth it. "Here's do a 50-50 split on a job either one of us could've easily done on our own."

Just doesn't seem like any advantage in trying to team up with strangers.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not all in tanks are evil. I saw a bounty once and was near my tank spawn(at the horse race track) so I got in my tank and went for the red dot. As it turned the corner I saw a tank. Didn't want a battle. I honked he honked so we started going down the street. I brought up the improv race set to the city LSC. I lost but it was fun, its only one speed tho. A green dot for a crate popped up at and we headed there. There were two or three guys on foot we never shot at them. Then a third tank showed up. Crate never came started shooting the police helicopters.

Tl;Dr three tanks killing cops, players on foot safe

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm a nice player until you kill me.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

I once gave a bounty target his $9000 bounty after killing him. Beat that

Donmillss
  • Donmillss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

There are a lot of chill players too. Had a dope battle against the cops with a guy I've seen before on gta online.

JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO
  • JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

The same thing happens in almost every server, I kill another player in self-defense consecutively and then they start trash talking. They let loose a wave of $9000 bounties, mercenaries and muggers and when that fails they get there friends to help kill you. They use miniguns, rpgs, sticky bombs, vehicles which you cannot be shot at in certain areas, rhinos, buzzards, lazers (from their freakin garage), etc and spawn kill you over and over. You basically kill someone more than once without dying and all hell breaks loose. When they don't have any of the above they just hide where you cannot kill them. Not only do these players have little to no skill, some of them also have the nerve to tell you how much better they are then you. Some players cannot accept they lost a perfectly fair fight especially when they provoked it, extreme facepalm. 

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

The same thing happens in almost every server, I kill another player in self-defense consecutively and then they start trash talking. They let loose a wave of $9000 bounties, mercenaries and muggers and when that fails they get there friends to help kill you. They use miniguns, rpgs, sticky bombs, vehicles which you cannot be shot at in certain areas, rhinos, buzzards, lazers (from their freakin garage), etc and spawn kill you over and over. You basically kill someone more than once without dying and all hell breaks loose. When they don't have any of the above they just hide where you cannot kill them. Not only do these players have little to no skill, some of them also have the nerve to tell you how much better they are then you. Some players cannot accept they lost a perfectly fair fight especially when they provoked it, extreme facepalm. 

I guess we'll just have to learn to love them. They won't go away :/

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

gotta love these threads.

if you stayed for the back and forth killings then you were trying to prove something.

if you dont want to be killed by random people, find a new session. repeat.

its usually about half and half with my playing... i am friendly when i want to be, and a ruthless killer when i get bored of being friendly.

its GTA... im not playing to make friends. i have friends. we play to kill you and your friends.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

No, OP, you're the only person who isn't an asshole. It's all everyone else's fault.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm not nice, but I'm not an asshole.

Screw with me, you die.

Show friendliness, I'll help you out.

Show friendliness because I'm a girl, you die.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Screw with me, you die.

lol.. how do you know when they are being friendly because you are a girl? you turned around and they were doig the jerking motion. thats how.

but yea, its pretty much Rules of Engagement and Escalation of Force.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Juanfartez, 10 December 2013 - 08:25 AM.

sometimes the open lobbies can be fun. Tonight I spawned my duster just to fly around and some guy drove up and climbed into the stunt plane he called me on the phone and said he need to increase his flying skills and asked if I would do mock dogfights. And for about an hour we were just buzzing around no one bothered two men out in the farm lands occasionally slamming into each other......wait that sounded....um we had a great time. :whistle:  

• iiGh0STt likes this

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

I killed another player in self-defense and he retaliates with his friend in rhinos and buzzards. After dying about 100 times he trash talks me for about an hour until I picked him off with a sniper rifle and left the game. If I join the GTAF clan will anyone else help me deal with these assholes in the future?  :facedesk:

Its like a troll, if you dont want a fight like that.. youd best just run away. Id probably come back and kill you a bunch of times too, assuming youre lively enough to take me down if Im going after you.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

Screw with me, you die.

lol.. how do you know when they are being friendly because you are a girl? you turned around and they were doig the jerking motion. thats how.

but yea, its pretty much Rules of Engagement and Escalation of Force.

Trust me, I know :p

One time I played a mission with 2 other guys, and my vehicle along with one of the other guy's vehicle spawned somewhere else.

The other's spawned with us, and it was a Sultan.  I went to the road to jack a car, and he drove by and stopped and honked, wanting to pick me up.  I figured "Eh, what the hell, it's because I don't have a car."

I got in, and the other dude ran towards the Sultan.  He drove off and left him behind.

JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO
  • JASONBRODYSONOFRAMBO

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't understand why every other player has to spawn kill you in a rhino until you leave just because you killed them once in self-defense. I actually don't mind the random player trying to start a small arms battle but this happens way too often to the point where I play another game.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:48 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 10 December 2013 - 08:49 AM.

Trust me, I know :p

One time I played a mission with 2 other guys, and my vehicle along with one of the other guy's vehicle spawned somewhere else.

The other's spawned with us, and it was a Sultan.  I went to the road to jack a car, and he drove by and stopped and honked, wanting to pick me up.  I figured "Eh, what the hell, it's because I don't have a car."

I got in, and the other dude ran towards the Sultan.  He drove off and left him behind.

what i know:

guys play as girl characters.

why? i have no idea. sick fantasy i guess.

but, if you were in a mission they must know you are a female cuz of the mic or something, that makes sense.

free roam though, everyone dies equally. i do not discriminate.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Eh, Free Roam goes both ways.

I've had people APOLOGIZE for killing me, lol so dumb.

• iiGh0STt likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

"Is there anyone who isn't a complete asshole in multiplayer?"

I often ask myself that question multiple times when I turn on GTA to play online.

However, there are always cool people. The key is, unfortunately, getting killed many times before finding those cool people. I found 3 people yesterday, all in different sessions, who were cool. They all added me as a friend, and we teamed up and had a blast, and not one of us had a mic. It's really an awesome thing when you find cool people. Admittedly, the first 2 new friends I found yesterday were because we rolled up on each other, each driving the same type of personal vehicle. It was like we clicked instantly, got out to examine each other's paint-jobs and mods, and then drove around the map together and fuçking around. It was great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users