• Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

My earliest memory is AC/DC.

And this album. Over and over again. Every party, every time.

David Lee Roth was big in our house, as were Queen, Rainbow and Pink Floyd. We listened to loads of The Specials and Madness on casette. Good times. And we had the rasta who lived in the house on the corner who would blare reggae until every hour. Jimmy Cliff etc. I miss my youth.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

What's happening? Afraid of a little bad luck?

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Papa Roach and Rise Against :p
  • The Milkman likes this

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by ShaolinMaster, 05 May 2014 - 10:15 PM.

Pre-teens: everything from the bling era (hip hop, rnb): Ja Rule, 50, Em, D12, Jay-Z, Nelly, Mario, J-Lo, Xtina, Busta Rhymes, DMX, Royce Da 5'9'', Obie Trice, Snoop, Dre, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Luda,...

Teens: all sorts of rap, mostly old school, but some new stuff too. Some of the artists include: Shyheim, Alchemist, Beanie Sigel, Bleek, Mase, Sheek Louch, Outsidaz, Da Brigade, Sly Boogy, Richie Rich, E-40, 2Pac, Biggie, Luniz, Nas, Rakim, Gangstarr, Black Star, Dru Down, Rappin 4 Tay, Camp Lo, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, La Coka Nostra, Onyx, Miikbone, Big L, Black Rob, Big Pun, Hit Squad, Fat Joe, Lin Que, Mobb Deep, Killarmy, Sunz of Man, Reks, Torae, Lecrae, Braille, Twista, Young Yeezy, some 90's underground artists (Sham & Da Proffesor, Madman Shawn and Tha East Click, Troubleneck Brothers, Kirk, Black Moon, Ran Reed, Encore, Kess, Lastrawze, Krumb Snatcha, K-Otix, The Basement Khemist, Dead Poets Society, 100X Posse...) and of course WU-TANG CLAN.

Post teens: aside from more rap, got involved with: 

>heavy metal (NWOBHM, stoner, sludge, technical death metal),

>grunge and alternative (STP, AIC, Soundgarden, Love Battery, Mark Lannegan Band, Smashing Pumpkins),

>trance (Kai Tracid, Corderoy, 4 Strings, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Menno De Jong, Jimo),

>speed/UK garage/bassline/4x4/2-step,

>eurodance (ATC, Alcazar, Cascada)

>funk/soul (Plush, Denroy Morgan, Atlantic Starr, Shalamar, James Brown, The Whispers, The Gap Band, Rick James, Dazz Band),

>pop (Nelly Furtado, Natasha Bedingfield, Jennifer Paige, Savage Garden, Jojo),

>Rnb (Adina Howard, Salt-n-Pepa, Yvette Michelle, Shola Ama, Nina Sky, Lumidee),  

>punk (Black Flag).

• Tyla and tomuk3 like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by Yolo Swaggins, 16 May 2014 - 06:03 AM.

From three years old to eight, it was whatever mom felt like playing in the car. Mostly metal/rock(such as Pantera, Metallica, Pearl Jam, "hair metal") and rap(Lil' Troy, Ice Cube, other 90s artists and artists current at the time). Not what most parents would want their kids listening to.

From eight to twelve I didn't really listen to music, except for whatever was playing on the radio.

Starting around twelve, I got into mainstream rap, from artists such as Kanye West and T.I. From there I worked my way up to different artists and different genres of music. GTA helped introduce me to a lot of these different artists/genres.

Now I'm at 19 and I'm open to almost all genres of music.

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Run DMC

Dr Dre

Eminem

D12

Red Hot Chilliez

Buddy Holly

System of a Down

Pink Floyd

and my mum would play some of that clubland sh*t

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Van Halen, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Deep Purple, Marshall Tucker band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Doobie brothers, Kansas, 38 special, Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, Tesla, Ratt, Dokken, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Kix, Rush, rick Derrenger, Blue Oyster Cult, Bad Company, Extreme, Queensryche, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Mr Big I could go on and on lol

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

Dr. Dre's "The Chronic."

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by GoldenBlade, 10 June 2014 - 01:26 AM.

I listened to Classic Rock and Rap. Two very different genres, I know. Now, I really have no interest in rap. Some classic rock has stuck around though. Also, I was interested in metal for a while. I pretty much only listen to country these days, classic and some modern.

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Show tunes. I grew up listening to show tunes. And a lot of pop left over from the 80s that was on the radio at the time. And then, after a while, I remember Oasis being ... everywhere. It was the 90s, after all. So when I was very young, I guess that was it. I remember having an S Club 7 album when I was, uh, 7, and my mom would buy the 'Now' albums that were out at the time, so around that age I got exposed to a lot of mainstream pop, stuff like Britney Spears and Pink. Yeah ... and you know what? At that age, it didn't matter all that much to me. Everyone was listening to it. I was learning dances to a lot of these songs at stage school. 

And then, I turned 11. Green Day was a big deal for me at that age, and (shh, I know) I started to get into Nickelback. At 13, I bought my first ever album: System of a Down's 'Hypnotize' and never looked back. My teens were pretty much hard rock, heavy metal, nu metal to a degree, and honestly, anything that I could get my hands on, or that friends recommended to me and it turned out I liked. 

Oh, and, I can't believe I'm admitting to this, but I was way into the Spice Girls when I was about 5. 

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

S club 7 mostly

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

I'm still young but:

Very very very very very young (7-9): Akon, Sean Paul and Madcon.

Very very very very young (10-11): The Beatles.

Very very very young (12): WWE theme songs  :lol:

Vert very young (13-15): Rock, indie and pop. A lot of different artists.

Very young (15 (now) ): Different stuff. Rock, electronic stuff, a little bit house, and funk. Mostly Daft Punk and Jamiroquai.

I don't listen to music very much, but when I do, this is the stuff I listen to.

50x50px-ZC-743d02fe_The-Most-Interesting

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

When I was a toddler/just starting school (mid to late 90's), both parents were fans of ABBA and Queen. Mum was also a fan of the Bee Gees, Steps, Westlife, Shania Twain, Donna Summers and Celine Dion, among others. Dad also frequently played his Gatecrasher albums with techno music from the late 90's, as well as Robert Miles. 

Big fan of Queen and ABBA (subconsciously know the lyrics to "Mama Mia" thanks to Mum using it to get me to go to sleep) as well as techno music nowadays, although I will listen to a huge variety of stuff. 

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:45 AM Edited by Spadge007, 20 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

During the 70's, for me it was, Dire Straits, Springsteen, Clapton, Deep Purple, Santana, ZZ-Top, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, America, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rod Steward, Rolling Stones, Beatles when I was younger. I spent most of my days in Germany, Frankfurt, Frensh countryside and in San Francisco.

Memories :')

Cold beer, hot lights,

my sweet romantic teenage nights

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I grew up on 1960s/70s R&B, Soul & Funk (Motown, Stax/Atlantic, Polydor), and some classic Rock/Pop. I loved radio stations like WABC, because they played all genres.

Of course, living in the South Bronx, I saw the birth of Rap/Hip-Hop. 

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by Laura91, 07 July 2014 - 05:21 PM.

1986-88: Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Guns n Roses, AC/DC

88-90: Living Colour, Faith No More, Helloween, Anthrax

91-95: Napalm Death, Carcass, Terrorizer, Godflesh. Obituary, Morbid Angel, Entombed. Anal c*nt (95 onward): MSBR, Merzbow, Solmania, Masonna

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Mama Weer All Crazee Now

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I grew up with a mixture of stuff from the early-mid 00's as well as stuff my mom listened to in the car, so Nine Inch Nails, Eminem, Beastie Boys, Limp Bizkit, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Evanescence, Guns N Roses, Kid Rock, Linkin Park.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Grew up on bands like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Aerosmith (Old days stuff). Also early 90s rap.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:14 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 11 July 2014 - 06:49 AM.

90s kid, so...

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Weezer

Smash Mouth

Harvey Danger

Saliva

Alanis Morissette

Linkin Park

A bunch of pop songs, some that were good and most that were bad

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

I listened to whatever my dad was listening to, mostly stuff like classic/folk rock.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

A lot of 80's-00's R&B - Dad

A lot of 70's funk/rock and 80's-90's rap - Mom

This is probably why I hate a lot of modern music from 2010-now.

waymuu
  • waymuu

Hey Larry check this out I can change my member title

• Members
  • Martinique

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Lots of '60s, a bit of '70s, tons of '80s (unfortunately), a decent amount of '90s, and early 2000s punk rock.

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

I remember a sh*t ton of AC/DC and a bit of mid to late 90's and Early 2000s. Basically whatever was on the radio or MTV at the time. Man has MTV gone to sh*t these days. But I've adapted and really grew to like late 60s early 70s music on my own. 

• RiaJay21 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users