Photo

Good idea for next GTA

13 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

How about we back to playing one protagonist but we play him at different ages. The first part of the game will start ten years ago and the protagonist is a young man in his early 20s barely out of his teens. Him and his crew go around committing crimes like fighting rival gangs, drug dealing and robbing people. They get the idea to rob a bank and everything goes wrong. They end up getting arrested and one of your crew snitches in you to get a light sentence and you end up doing a ten year bid.

The second part of the game will be your character getting out of prison in his 30s looking much different than how he was early on and he is out for revenge. The guy who put you away is now some community leader who acts like a goody two shoes who has turned his life around but in reality he is just as crooked as ever. He is even rich by releasing some book and how he reformed himself but he is involved with the people you used to have beef with. 

You and the surviving crew plus some new people start rebuilding the crew by doing crimes like drug dealing which would be mission based and a side mission as well and start attacking your rival gangs plus you start doing heists for the big money.

In the end you hatch a plan to rob and kill the guy who set you up and when you have to fight tooth and nail at his mansion to get to him and you get his mansion plus all the cars he owns after you take him out. The last mission will be a major score. 

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

How about we back to playing one protagonist but we play him at different ages. The first part of the game will start ten years ago and the protagonist is a young man in his early 20s barely out of his teens. Him and his crew go around committing crimes like fighting rival gangs, drug dealing and robbing people. They get the idea to rob a bank and everything goes wrong. They end up getting arrested and one of your crew snitches in you to get a light sentence and you end up doing a ten year bid.

So if we play as one protagonist through different ages, would we have a Spongebob narrator going: 2 years later? :p

• poklane, haythem09 and RaeTrillionaire like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Driver: Parallel Lines did the different ages thing.

It could of work but...

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 08 December 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Sounds like a good idea for mafia 3 (exept the whole hood thing) since gta is always a satire of a certain era ( like the 80's or modern day) I think it would lose something if they are forced to satire multiple eras (due to the aging character) or not satire them at all.
But I have to give you props for being the first person to come up with an idea for the next gta that isn't total crap. If you saw all that "Tommy and CJ returning" bullsh*t you would know what I'm talking about.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

we had this in V

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

This would require of them to make two different cities (well one really but a lot of thing would have to change in those ten years, all billboard textures, many house textures, building models etc)

Then there would have to be double the amount of peds, double the amount of radio stations and all that.. it simply wouldn't pay if in a game like GTA which is based on you having the ability to free roam whenever you want without feeling restrained by the missions.

I won't mention Driver Parallel Lines as we all know it ain't much of a game, and Mafia II did a great job with this, but in reality Mafia is a linear game. It practically has no free roam. These is nothing to do there so you're almost forced to play missions, and that linear feeling in Mafia made it possible, and sensible, to have different era's.

GTA games have MUCH more content, and wasting half of it after a certain number of missions is simply not what they would ever want to do I'm sure.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hmm... something like goodfellas

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

I figure not that much changes in ten years. It would only require some minor tweeks plus the radio stations would only have to add a few new songs to make it seem updated. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

I figure not that much changes in ten years. It would only require some minor tweeks plus the radio stations would only have to add a few new songs to make it seem updated. 

I've lived in the same city for ten years. It's drastically different now than it was when I moved here. Tons of new buildings and houses. The area I first lived in was remote and unpopulated but now has full neighborhoods.Some roads that were dead ends now connect and become other roads making the city much more interconnected than when it first started. If Rockstar were really going to create a city and show ten years of development, they'd have to do a lot more than just a few minor tweaks. 

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

A hell of a lot has changed in my city in the past 10 years. New buildings in the CBD are constantly going up, as are new freeways, train lines etc. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

Nothing much changed in my area until Hurricane Sandy. Now we have to rebuild but before that most things stayed the same.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

Maybe some sort of terrist attack mid-story so we see a destroyed building being cleaned up over time, and eventually a memorial erected. And then more cops patrolling, more on guard near subways, and some checkpoints

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

Yakuza underground crime syndicate... drifter cars, croch rockets, duel wielding hand guns and mac tens, a DECENT stealth system and a Lucy Liu Japanese chick as the main character....

in San Ferro... (Little Tokyo start) and surrounding areas.... 

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

I've always liked the idea of a changing cityscape through the game. In VC we blew up a building under construction which changed the landscape.

Would be cool to see more of that map-wide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users