Karin Snipe discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:51 PM Edited by WBaker, 01 March 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Yeah some rumor some idiot just made up..
Nothing to see here.

Actually, the person who discovered the Karin Snipe is a really great guy.
  • Jolly Swagman and AlienTwo like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combination

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Anyone who seriously begins a search for the Snipe is usually deterred pretty quickly by the "Idiot, it's a fake car" crowd, so we haven't ever really seen a lot of good search results. People keep seeing it and it keeps popping up in conversations on it's own and organically, so I personally believe there is some reason to keep hope alive.

• WBaker likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Please look up the definition of a "snipe hunt".

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 March 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Please look up the definition of a "snipe hunt".

From Wikipedia;

"A Snipe Hunt is a rite of passage in some Native American cultures. The ceremony of the Snipe Hunt is one of the most universal and ancient means to find spiritual guidance and purpose. A Snipe Hunt can provide deep understanding of one's life purpose.

A traditional Native American Snipe Hunt consists of a person spending one to four days and nights secluded in nature. This provides time for deep communion with the fundamental forces and spiritual energies of creation and self-identity. During this time of intense spiritual communication a person can receive profound insight into themselves and the world. This insight, typically in the form of a dream of Snipe, relates directly to their purpose and destiny in life.

In many Native American groups the Snipe Hunt is a turning point in life taken to find oneself and the intended spiritual and life direction. The Snipe Hunt is often used as a Rite of Passage, marking the transition between childhood and full acceptance into society as an adult. A person’s first Snipe Hunt is typically done during their transformative teenage years. When an older child is ready, he will go on a personal, spiritual hunt alone in the wilderness, often in conjunction with a period of fasting.[1] This usually lasts for a number of days while the child is attuned to the spirit world.[1] Usually, a Snipe will come in a vision or dream and give guidance for the child's life.[1] A Snipe Hunt helps the teenager to access spiritual communication and form complex abstract thoughts. Through this Rite of Passage the child becomes an adult, taking responsibility for themselves and their individual contribution to a healthy society. The child returns to the tribe and once the child has grown he or she will pursue that direction in life. After a Snipe Hunt, the child may become an apprentice of an adult in the tribe of the shown direction (Medicine Man, boat-maker and so on). "

The Snipe Hunt is the learning and initiation process of the apprentice under the guidance of an elder.[1]

The Snipe Hunt may be said to make the initiated establish contact with a spirit or force. Psychologically, it may have effected hallucinations.[citation needed] When talking to Yellow WolfLucullus Virgil McWhorter came to believe that the person fasts, and stays awake and concentrates on their quest until their mind becomes "comatose."[1] It was then that their Weyekin (Nez Perce word) revealed itself.[1]

Inuit peoples also participated in this tradition.[2] For them the technique may be similar to sensory deprivation methods. It may include long periods of walking in uninhabited, mountainous areas (tundra, inland, mountain); fasting; sleep deprivation; or being closed in a small room (e.g. igloo).

Spotted Eagle Mountain in the southeast corner of Glacier National Park is near the headwaters of Badger Creek. It is an area favored by Snipe Hunters.

• WBaker likes this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Snipe_hunt
That wikipedia?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

No.  The other wikipedia.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

THERE'S ANOTHER WIKIPEDIA?!
  • Giovas-570-4 likes this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

I found the Karin Snipe!

0_0.jpg

No that is a Fanthom Lemniscate.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 March 2014 - 10:18 PM.

THERE'S ANOTHER WIKIPEDIA?!

Yeah, and it gave the Snipe Hunt definition provided above.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Buddy of mine once made a new guy attempt to fetch him a bucket of steam. The trick is that you can fill a bucket with steam but it condensates far too quickly to be contained. This kid went back and forth for over an hour before he realized he was being pranked.

Classic! We once sent a kid for a replacement bubble for a spirit level, and another time for tartan paint.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

No. It gave the Vision Quest definition that you provided. It may be that one culture out of the entire world referred to them as snipe hunts but the colloquial, more common definition of a Snipe Hunt was provided in the link that I provided, titled "Snipe Hunt".
Look, I don't care if you want to try to find this car but I'm telling you, you're wasting your time.

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Buddy of mine once made a new guy attempt to fetch him a bucket of steam. The trick is that you can fill a bucket with steam but it condensates far too quickly to be contained. This kid went back and forth for over an hour before he realized he was being pranked.

Yeah, Go empty the hot water from the coffee maker she said, its the red handle she said.
... Little did i know the red handled hot water comes from the water main,
*facepalm* filled 3 buckets before i realized it'd never run out.

Gtfoutta here with that snipe business. =3
  • Ravey Davey likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Free Johnny Boone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

^ hot water comes from a water heater not a water main.

It would of eventually got lukewarm if you filled enough buckets to empty the water heater.
As far as the topic goes it doesnt exist. We used to get sent on snipe hunts in boy scouts

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

^^in a resteraunt its hooked up to main plumbing.. Or a giant water heater?

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Accendo, 02 March 2014 - 12:43 AM.

I remember sending new staff at our local Best Buy to find the key to the basement when I was in high school too. There is no basement.
Good times.

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

• Snipe chase..
  • 0_0.jpg

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

• Snipe chase..
  • 0_0.jpg

Is that it?  Did you finally find one???

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 02 March 2014 - 02:45 AM.

^^in a resteraunt its hooked up to main plumbing.. Or a giant water heater?

Large water heater or multiple water heaters. You can get instanteous hot water heaters now so a lot of restraunts would use them

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:53 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 02 March 2014 - 02:57 AM.

Large water heater or multiple water heaters. You can get instanteous hot water heaters now so a lot of restraunts would use them

It is my life's goal to one day have an instant hot water heater in my home. Just so you know.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:58 AM

That's the vulcan ingot. I like it, but every time I drive it people laugh at me.

Bunch of pricks.

FlightOfIcarus
  • FlightOfIcarus

Another glass of champagne?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

The Snipe is real. It's a really fast car, it can reach speeds of 420mph. It looks like a 4 door tractor but it also gives you a free minigun when you enter the vehicle. It mostly spawns at 14:00 in the subway parking lot by the airport. When you take it to LSC, you can put bumpers, skirts, spoilers, red and purple headlights, grille options, exclusive sets of rims and a pink window tint. It is very hard to spot since it's colored Graphite with a Hot Pink pearlescent.

This f*cking thing has been going on long enough.  :miranda:

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

The Snipe is real. It's a really fast car, it can reach speeds of 420mph. It looks like a 4 door tractor but it also gives you a free minigun when you enter the vehicle. It mostly spawns at 14:00 in the subway parking lot by the airport. When you take it to LSC, you can put bumpers, skirts, spoilers, red and purple headlights, grille options, exclusive sets of rims and a pink window tint. It is very hard to spot since it's colored Graphite with a Hot Pink pearlescent.

This f*cking thing has been going on long enough.  :miranda:

Thanks for the worthless bump.
  • Chloroform and SuzukiRazgriz like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users