They should have a DLC with a female protagonist

74 replies to this topic
mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

there are alot of games with female protagonist,go play those

Most of them are really bad, though. Because men don't know how to write for women. 

Your arguments are pretty weak, probably best to just stop now. 

im not arguing 

If GTA becomes an equality circle jerk rather than a crime series, then sure. Tomb Raider should have a male protagonist for once, you know for equality sake.

That whooshing sound you can hear? That's the point, sailing way above your head. 

I'm sorry, but people pushing the idea for a female protagonist in GTA is purely to adhere to the female gamers.

Crime is a male-dominant affair, and GTA should continue to reflect that.

I'm a male gamer. I support the idea of a female protagonist because I'm not a f*cking deadhead. It's not pandering to female gamers. It's pandering to gamers. Plenty of men will agree. Note the use of the word 'men', because it seems there still some boys that think playing as a girl makes you gay or something. 

there are far more people,who would not accept a female protagonist compared that do,and even some girls agree to not have a famale protagonist, ,and rockstar wants money to,

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

You're wrong.

There are several old threads on here from male gamers calling out for female protags. In a game where we could have potentially 3 or more playable characters, having one that is female is perfectly sensible and, 15+ years into the series, is overdue. 

• Midnightz likes this

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

it wont work,it proabaly wont in our lifetime,at most there will be a dlc,were you can use your gta online character in the dlc story,besides,now that gta online is out,when the f*ck did yall care about the story,?well im out,yall can continue to waste time arguing with eachother when yall dont even know what the other person looks like lol  :lol:

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

it wont work,it proabaly wont in our lifetime,at most there will be a dlc,were you can use your gta online character in the dlc story,besides,now that gta online is out,when the f*ck did yall care about the story,?well im out,yall can continue to waste time arguing with eachother when yall dont even know what the other person looks like lol  :lol:

I know what you look like. I can see your avatar. 

Seems to me you may have finally seen sense and realised that other people may want a female protag - your entire argument, as far as I could see, was 'I don't want one and I speak for every man on this planet'.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Seems to me you may have finally seen sense and realised that other people may want a female protag - your entire argument, as far as I could see, was 'I don't want one and I speak for every man on this planet'.
why do you always force people to leave and turning every argument in a battlefield?
If one or many argue against having female protag, why are you getting so upset?
This is a forum where people have their opinions. This is the beauty of discussion. Unless an egocentric member doesn't make it as a personal agenda.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

why do you always force people to leave and turning every argument in a battlefield?
If one or many argue against having female protag, why are you getting so upset?
This is a forum where people have their opinions. This is the beauty of discussion. Unless an egocentric member doesn't make it as a personal agenda.

Why are you following me around, taking affront to everything I'm posting?

Am I not discussing? Do you want my hot, flabby body pressed against yours in the night time?

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by Osho, 10 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Why are you following me around, taking affront to everything I'm posting?

Am I not discussing? Do you want my hot, flabby body pressed against yours in the night time?
It's not my fault you are everywhere a topic I visit.
I do not get your last part?
On topic, This is a GTA and just like Barbie has a specific audience so do this series.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Just wait for the DLC featuring Trevor's sister !!!

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Griselda Blanco, Sandra Avila Beltran, Kath Pettingill, Edith Lopez, Thelma Wright, Ceca, La Jefa, Raffaella D'Alterio. Thats just off the top of my head in the world of organized crime. Read about them. Sure its male dominated but its not like its uncommon either. 

It still does not mean that GTA must have a female protagonist. I personally just don't think GTA is suited to having a female protagonist due to the nature of it's gameplay. I won't go into too much detail as I've discussed this many times on here before already.

Having said that, Griseld Blanco was so gangsta. She was so cold and evil, definitely as fearsome as the most vicious male mob boos or drug baron.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

As long as they make it work, they can have a f*ckin' Navi from Avatar for all I care. What I'm afraid of is them shoe-horning in a female character because of the third wave feminists c*nts. If a woman finally makes it to GTA, then it should come naturally, not pressured of forced.

SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

Protecting citizens of "that other city in San Andreas"

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

I definitely think there is a place for a female protagonist in GTA series. Just like it was interesting to play as middle-aged family man with anger issues, rotten evil psychopath and broken eastern european war veteran, it would be very interesting to play as a female criminal. I'm bored of generic 20-something white american protags or young ambitious gangbangers, in GTA's case.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

How about a female undercover cop/FBI agent, looking to expose the 2 other protagonists?

That way you really could play the protagonist and antagonist at the same time...

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Because its the same thing, you're basically just a male feminist, you probably support gay marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if you are gay or Bi, you probably wouldn't be averse to letting woman f*ck you in the ass with a strap on either, you're not a normal man like me, you dont piss in the middle of the toilet at all hours like I do to let everyone know you're an alpha male, you dont fight people who disrespect you, you run a way and call the cops instead, you're a non confrontational coward with a big mouth who likes to avoid answering questions like "I bet you would be the first to bitch and moan if a man hit a woman too?". You're a bitch with little weak arms, shaven legs, shaven balls, your weird to me, were enemies, I dont like you or people like you I think people like you should be executed and it should be aired live after 10pm as an example to all others who wanna go against the man code.

O..K....are you flirting with me?

That's exactly what I was talking about when I called you a non-confrontational coward, you live in a parallel universe full of delusion, homosexuality, beastiality, incest and pedophilia because it makes your dysfunctional brain happy, you like to avoid intelligent discussion which can find a solution to a perceived problem born out of your dysfunction thoughts because you know you wont win, common sense always prevails, you're an idiot and you know it but you dont care because you get off on being a weirdo, it's like a drug to you you need to go to see a doctor, ASAP like Rocky.

How about a female undercover cop/FBI agent, looking to expose the 2 other protagonists?

That way you really could play the protagonist and antagonist at the same time...

Ok, here's idiot number two, idiot SMH the games is called 'GRAND THEFT AUTO' NOT 'COP THEFT AUTO' dont you understand?

Try again fuzzywuzzy...

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ill always say this and keep sayin this in every one of these threads... We need a Lucy Liu Yakuza or X Yakuza type chick. She can do a bullet time like ability and can duel wield Lora Croft style as well as utilize a katana. 

Make the game kind of the same tone as China town but more underground..... have drifter racers and speed bikes be the main focus on racing (not like super cars in V) 

The story could be something like you get exiled from a Yakuza syndicate but have a small group of followers.... start your own syndicate and take out the other families and eventually other gangs around town. 

Have the game be more based on stealth and the ability to hide... perhaps climb and such (not fully like splinter cell but same concept) You can drop down on enemies, assassinate them with either meele or ranged combat... 

The game doesn't FOCUS on ranged, however it is approved on.... perhaps a small mini game where you can learn a handfull of styles. 

And whoever said a chick cant be the protag of a GTA series is a dumbass... some of my favorite characters in games are girls... ... like heres short list off the top of my head... 

~Joanna dark 

~Jill Valentine (Res Evil)

~ Clair Redfield (Res evil)

~Catwoman

~ Zelda

~ Sonya Blade (Among other Mortal Kombat characters)

~ Chun Li (Street fighter)

~ Any of the female Diablo 2 characters....Including the rouge... 

~ Princess Azula from Avatar... 

~ Lara Croft...

~ Blood Rayne... 

I can keep going but wait... theres one more I almost forgot... 

Motha Fken Samus Aran was a chick.. a hot blonde chick too If i remember...

1255452952290.jpg

Anyways... but like

0.jpg

How is this not suitable for GTA protag?! 

Only problem with a majority of those is they don't actually speak, or they're not fighting human beings. The main problem is INTERACTION. When females have to act hardcore it can look really forced and out of place. Would you prefer a sh*tty female protag just so they could hash one out for you, or take their time, do it right, and wait for a few games to have one?

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

As long as they make it work, they can have a f*ckin' Navi from Avatar for all I care. What I'm afraid of is them shoe-horning in a female character because of the third wave feminists c*nts. If a woman finally makes it to GTA, then it should come naturally, not pressured of forced.

This. Doesn't matter the gender/sexual orientation/race/etc. As long as they make a good fitting character, I'll be fine.

I would love a female protag, for the sake of doing something different, but if R* doesn't know how to make a good female protag, which risks the rest of the story, then I think they should just keep doing what they are the best at (not saying that they shouldn't attempt to do so, of course. You always have to take risks).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users