Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Or just make a female protagonist for GTA VI

Osho
  • Osho

Gameplay to the Max!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

There is already a topic in other section of this board.

robban
  • robban

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Or just put in females to shoot down in Survival:P

• MrPeteyMax likes this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

or just make every police officer female... noo

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

If they go the multiple protagonist route next time around one of them should be female. There are a good number of women when I go online and I think these fans deserve a protagonist.

• GTA564, kingcool52 and OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN like this

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

whats this talk about female protagonists in GTA man??

they don't belong in the GTA world sry feminists but this the truth

I can't imagine any GTA with a female lead that wouldnt feel forced and ridiculos

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

I would like to be a vagos gangbanger. I know, you guys are tired of gangbangers, but don't forget that both CJ and Franklin didn't even like being in the hood. They could make proper, ice cold gangbanger this time, and add all the missing gang wars that Frank's trailer seemed to promise.

Of course we should have multiple protags aswell, so drop a female character and some other dude in there and we get Episodes of Los Santos.
  • robban likes this

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Amateur Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

I would like to be a vagos gangbanger. I know, you guys are tired of gangbangers, but don't forget that both CJ and Franklin didn't even like being in the hood. They could make proper, ice cold gangbanger this time, and add all the missing gang wars that Frank's trailer seemed to promise.

Of course we should have multiple protags aswell, so drop a female character and some other dude in there and we get Episodes of Los Santos.

This seems dumb, but it would honestly be pretty fun to see more extremely diverse characters in the series if they decide to make SP expansions like IV. For IV, we had a Serbian Yugoslav war vet, a Jewish outlaw biker, and a Hispanic nightclub employee. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

If they make episodes for V we need to have somebody who was sold into sexual trafficking and escapes and through all she has learned from being around gangsters goes and creates a criminal empire for herself. At the end she kills the guy who trafficked her.

gtaismyman
  • gtaismyman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't see how a female protagonist gonna work in a GTA game. There will be many people complaining if Rockstar release a DLC or the next game have female protagonist in it. Don't even get me started with GTA 1,there barely any story at all so it safe to just put a female character in it.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Ill always say this and keep sayin this in every one of these threads... We need a Lucy Liu Yakuza or X Yakuza type chick. She can do a bullet time like ability and can duel wield Lora Croft style as well as utilize a katana. 

Make the game kind of the same tone as China town but more underground..... have drifter racers and speed bikes be the main focus on racing (not like super cars in V) 

The story could be something like you get exiled from a Yakuza syndicate but have a small group of followers.... start your own syndicate and take out the other families and eventually other gangs around town. 

Have the game be more based on stealth and the ability to hide... perhaps climb and such (not fully like splinter cell but same concept) You can drop down on enemies, assassinate them with either meele or ranged combat... 

The game doesn't FOCUS on ranged, however it is approved on.... perhaps a small mini game where you can learn a handfull of styles. 

And whoever said a chick cant be the protag of a GTA series is a dumbass... some of my favorite characters in games are girls... ... like heres short list off the top of my head... 

~Joanna dark 

~Jill Valentine (Res Evil)

~ Clair Redfield (Res evil)

~Catwoman

~ Zelda

~ Sonya Blade (Among other Mortal Kombat characters)

~ Chun Li (Street fighter)

~ Any of the female Diablo 2 characters....Including the rouge... 

~ Princess Azula from Avatar... 

~ Lara Croft...

~ Blood Rayne... 

I can keep going but wait... theres one more I almost forgot... 

Motha Fken Samus Aran was a chick.. a hot blonde chick too If i remember...

1255452952290.jpg

Anyways... but like

0.jpg

How is this not suitable for GTA protag?! 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

I don't see how a female protagonist gonna work in a GTA game. There will be many people complaining if Rockstar release a DLC or the next game have female protagonist in it. Don't even get me started with GTA 1,there barely any story at all so it safe to just put a female character in it.

Catalina.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

There will be a ton of whiners but as evidenced by this forum people will whine no matter what. When you are damned if you do and damned if you don't it's pretty much license to do whatever you want because it makes no difference.

• acmilano likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 09 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Hell no, keep guys who wanna roleplay as a female with pink cars to GTA Online. GTA is for guys with guys. 

Meanwhile i think its really odd if you are a guy, who liked to pretend to be a women. Did you play with barbie dolls when you where kids to?

Catalina.

Catalina was a anoying cheating whore. Whores are dirty ect and there is nothing badass about them.

Male characters can do whatever they want, they will still be cool.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

whats this talk about female protagonists in GTA man??

they don't belong in the GTA world sry feminists but this the truth

I can't imagine any GTA with a female lead that wouldnt feel forced and ridiculos

Yeah, there's, like, literally no evidence to suggest that a woman has ever committed a crime. You probably believe that they don't fart or sh*t as well. 

• Lucchese and Osho like this

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by gtafan899, 09 December 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Have the game be more based on stealth and the ability to hide... perhaps climb and such (not fully like splinter cell but same concept) You can drop down on enemies, assassinate them with either meele or ranged combat... 

assassin's creed?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

Male characters can do whatever they want, they will still be cool.

Further proof that our patriarchal societal model is doomed, and we, as a people, are just scum. 

• ShootPeopleNotDope likes this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Ah, there's nothing like the "threat" of a female protagonist to bring out the sexists and mysogonists.

• ShootPeopleNotDope likes this

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

there cant be a female protagonist because it defies the laws of the gta universe,if you are a true fan of gta,you would know those laws,so i will not explain,plus if your on a worthless site like this,then you must be a hardcore gta fan like me

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

if you are a true fan of gta,you would know those laws,so i will not explain

Rough translation: "I'm just making this sh*t up as I go along".

There are no rules for the protagonists. They just have to make a character and conceive an appropriate motivation for their crimes. It's pretty f*cking simple, really. 

• shattered-minds likes this

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

there are alot of games with female protagonist,go play those,and besides gta online you have the option to be a girl,and ITS YOU,as in your playing yourself,not playing niko,

BubbaGoom
  • BubbaGoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

No, just no. I don't think it would work with GTA, Sure those heroines are good but just for those games not GTA. 

• HoleInTheSky likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

there are alot of games with female protagonist,go play those

Most of them are really bad, though. Because men don't know how to write for women. 

Your arguments are pretty weak, probably best to just stop now. 

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random fanatic

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:27 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 09 December 2013 - 02:28 PM.

If GTA becomes an equality circle jerk rather than a crime series, then sure. Tomb Raider should have a male protagonist for once, you know for equality sake.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

If GTA becomes an equality circle jerk rather than a crime series, then sure. Tomb Raider should have a male protagonist for once, you know for equality sake.

That whooshing sound you can hear? That's the point, sailing way above your head. 

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random fanatic

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 09 December 2013 - 03:55 PM.

That whooshing sound you can hear? That's the point, sailing way above your head. 

I'm sorry, but people pushing the idea for a female protagonist in GTA is purely to adhere to the female gamers.

Crime is a male-dominant affair, and GTA should continue to reflect that.

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm sorry, but people pushing the idea for a female protagonist in GTA is purely to adhere to the female gamers. Let's keep it the way it's meant to be.

And there in lies the problem. What exactly is the way it's "meant to be"? Is there even a way it's "meant to be"?

It's not even about trying to adhere to female gamers (I'm male by the way). I have no problem with having male protagonists in GTA or any other game. What I do have a problem with is the mindset of somehow women aren't allowed to be the protagonist in a game, purely because they're a woman.

Your pathetic retort about Tomb Raider shows how little of an argument you have. Tomb Raider is a series about one protagonist. Changing that at all defeats the purpose of having the series. Whereas a game like GTA in which each iteration has a different protagonist is completely different. The stories are only loosely connected and in each generation the only thing they have in common is gameplay, theming and its own internal mythology (brands etc). Having a (well written) female protagonist would not change any of that.

• Truth-Seeker76 likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

If they go the multiple protagonist route next time around one of them should be female. There are a good number of women when I go online and I think these fans deserve a protagonist.

:^:

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm sorry, but people pushing the idea for a female protagonist in GTA is purely to adhere to the female gamers.

I'm a male gamer. I support the idea of a female protagonist because I'm not a f*cking deadhead. It's not pandering to female gamers. It's pandering to gamers. Plenty of men will agree. Note the use of the word 'men', because it seems there still some boys that think playing as a girl makes you gay or something. 

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Griselda Blanco, Sandra Avila Beltran, Kath Pettingill, Edith Lopez, Thelma Wright, Ceca, La Jefa, Raffaella D'Alterio. Thats just off the top of my head in the world of organized crime. Read about them. Sure its male dominated but its not like its uncommon either. 
  • Fuzzknuckles and shattered-minds like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users