Quantcast

» «
Photo

who should be the Protagnist for red dead 2?

36 replies to this topic

Poll: what type of Charecter would you like to see? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

who should it be?

1. Jack Marston (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. A Black outlaw (like Django) (6 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

3. Apache (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. another white Outlaw / Cowboy (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

5. Hispanic outlaw (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

6. Other (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CharlesManson855
  • CharlesManson855

George clooney is my ONLY love

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

a sequel to red dead will happen im sure but what kind of person would you like to play as i have giving a few options on my poll but if you feel you want to play as someone who is not on my poll feel free to explain your Character. 

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

PS: It's Red Dead 3.

• Street Mix and DeafMetal like this

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I am pretty sure Undead nightmare was a DLC. Otherwise, I don't know what you are talking about.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by Flynny, 08 December 2013 - 01:42 PM.

I am pretty sure Undead nightmare was a DLC. Otherwise, I don't know what you are talking about.

Red Dead Revolver is one
Red Dead Redemption is two

it isn't technically correct to call it red dead 2, or the next game red dead 3. but it is best to go with it since it will likely have a different name again. Like red dead revolution, retribution, resolution, recreation, reparation, revelation, remembrance etc etc. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Before Read Dead Redemption was Red Dead Revolver, an older game from 2004.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Red Dead Revolver is one

Wow, I didn't even know there was a title existing like that. RDR surely is not quite popular after all.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

a black Character could be cool but with that being said it might then be accused of being a django unchained rip off. maybe an Irish immigrant? 

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't think that Jack Marston will be the protagonist of the next Red Dead title. It will be someone who we don't know as of yet, my bet is another white outlaw/cowboy.

Red Dead Revolver is one

Wow, I didn't even know there was a title existing like that. RDR surely is not quite popular after all.

Yeah, Red Dead Revolver wasn't a very popular game; it sold about a couple million of copies world-wide. That's far away from the 13.28 million copies of its seccessor, Red Dead Redemption. Both numbers are from VGChartz, so digital sales are not considered, and the data shows the amount of sold-through copies. In other words, that are the copies that are sold to the end-users and not the copies the publisher ships to the retailers.

.2D
  • .2D

I Shed The Blood of Saxon Men

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Landon Ricketts

• G.S.T and JustOneMonth like this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

John Dillinger

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

A Michael Caine type of character. Set in the 30's to 60's?

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

I want it to be John Marston again, but this time set during his life as an outlaw working with Bill and Dutch in their gang.

• Dboi 420 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Maybe they will do multiple protagonist like V

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I want to play as a obese cowboy, who likes to eat spaghetti. He would run very slow and everyone would call him Puffy Hands Joe.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 08 December 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Landon Ricketts

Yeah, set it as a prequel during when he was an influential gunslinger. I also think they should include a secondary protagonist of some sort who is more of an outlaw.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 09 December 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Red Dead Revolver is one

I remember Gamestop and Game Informer hyping it up pretty hard; I think I remember a demo and some guy running the demo in the store, but I was pretty non-perceptive back then, so I'm not sure.

Maybe it was some other game though, it could have been some cowboy game for the Playstation 2's EyeToy, 'cuz I think I remember motion capture being advertised.

Anyway, I think a female outlaw would be neat. Maybe a prostitute (BECAUSE THAT WAS EVERY FEMALE IN RDR ANYWAY UNLESS THEY WERE A DAMSEL OR PLOT CHARACTER :v: :v: :v: :angry: :angry: :angry: ) who gets to hating the business, and takes up a quicker and/or more pleasurable way of getting cash. I answered "other" because race doesn't matter much there.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Call it Red Dead Revenge, and have you play two characters, one is an outlaw wrecking havoc, one is a man of the law hunting him down, giving you an insight on both sides of the coin and the interpretation/experience/thoughts of both. But there's a twist, one of them is played slightly in the future, and his actions affect how the other character experienced them. But you never know when it's going to happen, like say you're playing Character A, and you're running for your life and get in a gunfight, and manage to escape. Next, after some time you are playing Character B and encounter the very same gunfight, and events play in a similar manner as the first time. Except since you're playing from a different angle, it might take some small time to remember that fight.

• Moonshield, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Raavi like this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

I like Tchuck's idea, and as cool as it sounds, I think that a larger number of playable characters spanning a larger time period would be far more interesting. 

Let's say that you control five characters who's stories interweave over the course of a hundred and fifty years, this would allow for so many possibilities to open up regarding the narrative, the game world and the gameplay. Everything from the weapons you'd use, to the people you'd meet and the technology you'd see developing would change. 

In RDR one of my favourite features was that newspapers periodically reported on what you the player were doing in the gameworld, now imagine the sort of stuff you could pull with that on next-gen hardware with the character/time-swapping abilities that you'd have available to you at any time. You could rob a train carrying vast amounts of gold and cash, and after one character stashes his take in a location, you simply switch to another ten or so years down the line and take the cash from the hiding spot. 

Just a little hint from the in-game newspaper saying that today marks the anniversary of a certain event would be enough to completely change the way you play the game. RDR's exchange rates could also come in handy here, digging up the loot and selling it with one character a few years later might not be worth as much as using a character in the early stages of the 20th century. This is without mentioning the potential for micromanagement, such as raising horses, funding ranches and farms and seeing the fruits of your labours realised in the gameworld, a foal who's had a good upbringing will make a fine horse a few years down the line, for another character to make use of.

Lastly, it also puts the player in a position of unprecedented freedom in the openworld, from being able to fly above the desert landscapes and high mountains in an early biplane model, drive across it in a Ford-Model T or ride across it on wagon heading for new horizons, the modes of transport would be varied, yet justified in their existence. There's just so much potential with the idea of time-swapping that it's almost indescribable, the amount of possibilities that open up just with two adjustable time periods are astounding, and I really hope that Rockstar keep such an amazing feature in mind for the future of the Red Dead series.

• Moonshield, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Flynny like this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by ryuclan, 09 December 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Why not a native american character? I would find it pretty refreshing to play as one. Here is my idea.

Your character is a Cherokee or Choctaw or Seminole trailing his family and tribe who are being herded down the "Trail of Tears." I think it would be interesting, although we would all know the outcome for the most part. I also like Tchuck's idea and I think GTAV has showed us that multiple protags can work quite well. Having a dynamic where one's actions affects the other's experience would be awesome. I would definitely buy a next gen console to partake in that.

Oh and for you guys trying to remember the old west games. Red Dead Revolver came out a while back. There was another game that was very similar to it (and pretty good) called Gun.

Red_Dead_Revolver_Coverart.jpgGun_Coverart.jpg

diesel47
  • diesel47

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

When Rockstar Games makes sequels to GTA games, it never uses the same characters in two separate games. Each game uses completely different set of characters. I don't expect any of the characters from Red Dead Redemption to appear in the next game. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Fireman, 14 December 2013 - 12:05 PM.

El Bandito de casa Muranga (Hispanic outlaw)

Also Gun > RDR anyday.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Someone of mixed White and Native-American ancestry.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

NO BLACKS! 

Sorry if that sounds racist, but it is not intended to. Just every time you play as an african american in a game, the story is almost ALWAYS about street gangs, hoes, money and drugs, or it always has some racist stereotype. Sorry, but I bet if that happened, RDR 3 would be about escaping a slave farm or something. Blacks free in that time zone? Ha.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

That is the most racist thing I've ever read

Dboi 420
  • Dboi 420

Playground Predator

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's already been mentioned, but the next RDR should be a prequel featuring John Marston during his outlaw days with Dutch and Bill. It could be told in flashbacks from Jack since he hung around the gang when he was a kid.

Landon Rickets is a good possibility aswell, though I always thought there would've been a story DLC for Redemption featuring Rickets. Maybe multiple protagonists is the way forward.....

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I wouldn't mind playing as Jack although I'd prefer two or three playable protagonists.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Fireman, on 14 Dec 2013 - 2:04 PM, said:

El Bandito de casa Muranga (Hispanic outlaw)

Also Gun > RDR anyday.

Gun was a pile of stinking sh*t imo, just because it came before RDR doesnt make it any less sh*tty .

NO BLACKS! 

Sorry if that sounds racist, but it is not intended to. Just every time you play as an african american in a game, the story is almost ALWAYS about street gangs, hoes, money and drugs, or it always has some racist stereotype. Sorry, but I bet if that happened, RDR 3 would be about escaping a slave farm or something. Blacks free in that time zone? Ha.

Have you heard of the movie Django Unchained ? Watch that movie and then think again about what you just said .

• ShadowDog94 likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'd like to play as a Native American.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Red Dead Revolver is one
Red Dead Redemption is two

it isn't technically correct to call it red dead 2, or the next game red dead 3. but it is best to go with it since it will likely have a different name again. Like red dead revolution, retribution, resolution, recreation, reparation, revelation, remembrance etc etc. 

Lol , I hope it get called "Red Dead Resolution" lol that will be f*cked up a little 

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

RDR 3 would be about escaping a slave farm or something.

What's so wrong about that? That sounds like it could be a lot of fun actually..... Even just the escaping portion of the game itself.

The "ripping off" of Django wouldn't matter at all - R* loves to reference movies in their games, and Django would definitely get my approval for a movie to model a game after, along with Tombstone and Young Guns if they wanted to emulate some non fictional characters.

I like the time period GUN was set in so much more than RDRedemption.. so I hope they definitely go more towards the "golden age" of the wild west with the next one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users