Quantcast

» «
Photo

I wish the airstrike didn't completely f*cking suck.

48 replies to this topic
Thespaz9
  • Thespaz9

Sweg Lord of Battlefield 4 and Ace Combat 4

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I only use or have seen it used on Campers besides that it sucks

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

You have to be real sneaky to hit a tank with an airstrike

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

I hit rank 160 yesterday, have never called in an airstrike, never called mercs, never placed a bounty except once on a friend who was in a glitch and wanted people to come after him.  Never called for heli backup.  I guess I just handle things myself, 

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I used a back up chopper once just to see how it would help. Didn't do much except like someone else said, distract others.

Oh... Btw

I hit rank 160 yesterday, have never called in an airstrike, never called mercs, never placed a bounty except once on a friend who was in a glitch and wanted people to come after him.  Never called for heli backup.  I guess I just handle things myself, 

tumblr_m3s4vnl16d1rpov5io1_400_zps69a582
  • return-to-innocence likes this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

About the only use for it is getting rid of rooftop campers after you get in their blindspot. But frankly it cost 1/5th as much and it'd still be a waste of money most of the time.

Waste of Adder insurance money. You can only throw it like 3 feet and takes forever to come, the person will notice it before the jet even gets there. 

"StormerBoy, Franceska and vaas and 20 others like this"

Oh I see what the masses really want. BRB, making a "Boy the mechanic is really terrible" thread.

• AzraelX likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

About the only use for it is getting rid of rooftop campers after you get in their blindspot. But frankly it cost 1/5th as much and it'd still be a waste of money most of the time.

Waste of Adder insurance money. You can only throw it like 3 feet and takes forever to come, the person will notice it before the jet even gets there. 

Oh I see what the masses really want. BRB, making a "Boy the mechanic is really terrible" thread.

did you not realize that is part of his name lol

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

did you not realize that is part of his name lol

Uhhh.. I...  

I see you've noticed my brilliantly subtle joke. Ah yes. That's definitely what happened there.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Uhhh.. I...  

I see you've noticed my brilliantly subtle joke. Ah yes. That's definitely what happened there.

Just noticed that too, quite a good name :D

With rooftop campers, wouldn't a combination of backup, off radar and a distraction by text get you a better result than a sh*tty airstrike?

Search the place out to see if there's more than one ladder, they'll be watching it.

QUEEN--ROCKS
  • QUEEN--ROCKS

GTAF Commissioner

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

xbox? If so I will happily do airstrikes for you.

You are amazing.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

How its against tanks? does it kill a tank in one airstrike if its hits directly? 

i give you the answer in a while, i will put my tank out and try throw a flare on it.. and beside it..

You posted your positive results but you can easily move out of the area of effect before the strike is delivered.

I let my buddy throw a flare on my stationary tank and the bombs fell everywhere around but not on my tank. Not one hit.

Airstrikes leave a lot to be desired.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

I threw an airstrike against an enemy tank, not a single hit, the dirt didn't even touch the tank. it took too long to come and a pillar of red smoke isn't exactly subtle lol. 

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I only got it to work once. A couple of guys had me and a buddy of mine holed up on a small two story parking garage on the NE side of the city. One in a tank, and the other in an entity. I threw the flare over the top of the tank below us. The guy in the entity took off. I guess the guy in the tank didn't see the flare cause he didn't move. The first bomb that fell was a direct hit.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

I used one in a mission... threw it about 40 feet to try to kill some NPC's for fun... And it blew me up. f*cking worthless.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 09 December 2013 - 02:26 AM.

imagine if it were a laser pointer with quicker delivery "with the cooldown intact", like a laser pointer in a box with a parachute lands-and instead of a warning flare, it were an airstrike.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

The Airstrike is only good for co-ops.  It's horrible in pvp.  They should change it to where you can be anywhere and just mark a spot on the map to be bombed.  

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 09 December 2013 - 02:37 AM.

The Airstrike is only good for co-ops.  It's horrible in pvp.  They should change it to where you can be anywhere and just mark a spot on the map to be bombed.  

For 11k, it should at least come with a blowjob.

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

I don't use air strike... and the only time I use any of merryweather services is on solo survival, for the heli support.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

xbox? If so I will happily do airstrikes for you.

That dude is legit in the lazor. Thats the one thing im not good with. Really havent used it much in SP or MP, watching that made me want to though

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

3 Tier Airstrikes would be amazing...

Tier 1: Electronically mark a visible location through binoculars / sniper dart, and then the airstrikes will go to the area marked.

Tier 2: Waypoint style map picked location.

Tier 3: Army response in the form of a fighter jet that shoots to kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users