Quantcast

» «
Photo

I wish the airstrike didn't completely f*cking suck.

48 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Waste of Adder insurance money. You can only throw it like 3 feet and takes forever to come, the person will notice it before the jet even gets there. 

• StormerBoy, Ninjambie, Scarlet and 1 other like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Yeah a guy tried to get me today with it for the first time, thought it was just a heap of tear gas and then it came rockin' down. I stood about 5 metres away from the explosion, not even a bit of dust touched my face :D

Lesson learnt: Don't bother with the airstrike.

• StormerBoy likes this

lannydee
  • lannydee

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Airstrike ? is that new? I havn't been on here in a minute.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yeah air strikes are pretty much useless against anything but a big group of cops that have you pinned down somewhere...
  • StormerBoy likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

No

It's one of merryweather's services

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

you get it at rank 50 and has to be the single biggest waste of money. Only thing its good for is looking cool, has piss poor range and delivery time. 

• StormerBoy likes this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

It's such a waste of money.

HERE2Pres
  • HERE2Pres

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

I noticed how crappy it was recently too. I had myself all stoked to use an airstrike on a few guy in the hopes it would actually work this time. It didn't

The explosives are ineffective, you can't throw the flare to save your life. by the time you hang up the phone and whip out the flare the plane is already almost past you and if you do manage to throw the damn thing everyone clears the area the second they see a 40 foot high pillar of red smoke.

• Scarlet likes this

Scarlet
  • Scarlet

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

I noticed how crappy it was recently too. I had myself all stoked to use an airstrike on a few guy in the hopes it would actually work this time. It didn't

The explosives are ineffective, you can't throw the flare to save your life. by the time you hang up the phone and whip out the flare the plane is already almost past you and if you do manage to throw the damn thing everyone clears the area the second they see a 40 foot high pillar of red smoke.

Strange thing is, the first time I ever used it, it came directly. No flare, no waiting, no anything.

Second time, it never delivered. ( The backup heli doesn't as well 9/10 while still taking your 5k)

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

At least with the mercs, if it don't work you get your money back. Merryweather sucks donkey balls.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've used it successfully one time.. guy was sniping people from the corner of a roof so I drop the flare at the corner (street level).  Unfortunately I took out his PV too.

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

agreed. my crew use them as a brief fireworks display..... entertainment

UnbrokenChainz
  • UnbrokenChainz

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

I like tossing them in the impound lot for the lulz
  • singemfrc and sportbikepilot369 like this

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by Volvo12345, 08 December 2013 - 02:50 PM.

its good in survivals, if you are  serounded.. just call in a airstrike.. or a backup helicopter.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

At least with the mercs, if it don't work you get your money back. Merryweather sucks donkey balls.

Is this true? I might actually start calling Mercs if it is.

Original_Tonks
  • Original_Tonks

Flight Instructor

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

xbox? If so I will happily do airstrikes for you.

• Queen likes this

iEatzNiggletz
  • iEatzNiggletz

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

lol Airstrike is f*cking useless.

• Ragingpoo and Lankay like this

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

The fact that you can call certain services by selecting the player's name and then they come to them is a direct testament to the fact that it's apparent that rockstar devs seriously didn't look into the mechanics that some of their employees put into the game. Because we can call mercs on players, have them get robbed, and yet when you call the most expensive service that they have to offer, instead of selecting a player to be hit, you get a flare. Makes no sense, and it's a complete contradiction to how the mechanic should work. (Like all the others actually do)

• Thegutang likes this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

I only use air strikes if the other player is on the roof. If the street flare is on ground then they can't see it before strike is done. It's buggy at times, will not come or take forever. They are useful to me at times, if I don't do it right then it's useless.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

The first time I saw air strike I was like f*ck yeah those c*nts better have a fast car, clicked in it, flare in my hand, Dafuq is this :S was well pissed off

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by Malibu454, 08 December 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Cool Deal.

I've tried it once and thought it sucked also.

I think it would be good to throw one down at the crate drop when theres other players trying to take it also extra smoke would throw them off.

I saw some random smoke in the city last night when I was flying over and thought it was a crate so I bailed and it was just smoke and some NPCs shot me.

@ RAS_ZeroZ The Smoking Man rules!! :santa:

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

It doesn't suck, you're just not using it right.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Most of the Merryweather services suck. I tried the airstrike once. Completely useless (thought the impound lot sounds funny). The support chopper is only good as a distraction. While other players are busy trying to  shoot it down you can kill them, re-position, or make a run for it if you are outnumbered. I've never had a support chopper kill a player.

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Swagayolo vote veto 2015

Serbian Snacks
  • Serbian Snacks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I actually like the airstrike. Granted, I've only used it once, but when I did, hot damn

A couple of days ago, I joined an Assisted-Aim lobby. Big mistake. I was confronted by a group of three social degenerates who did nothing but camp on the corner of a tall building, raining death. Sticky bombs, RPGs, you name it. 
Normally, I have no problem with people like this until the headsets came on. Snide remarks to anyone, and everyone.

sh*t was about to go down.

After receiving the shaft of death a couple times, it was time for action.
I luckily ran under the roof they were on, called Merryweather, and to my surprise, found Airstrike.
Tossed that can on the ground, waited a good 5 seconds, triple kill. All mics were then muted, and presumably joined a party chat.
sh*t felt good, man.

tl;dr  Shat in the mouth of three children with an airstrike

• TimelyMeerkat and Thespaz9 like this

b0ngrips
  • b0ngrips

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

i used it on the highway while being under an overpass, with a tank on the road above me, exploded his bitchass.

it works sometimes, but yea its horrible.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Convinced one of my friends it was a care package and to wait for it to drop, she wasn't too happy.

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

How its against tanks? does it kill a tank in one airstrike if its hits directly? 

i give you the answer in a while, i will put my tank out and try throw a flare on it.. and beside it..

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

anybody connect merryweather on gta5 as a water down version of the stag on saints row? when I first started playing I thought gta 5 had a similar story arc to saints row the 3rd. then when merryweather turned out to be nothing but a waste of multiplayer money, the similarity ended.

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

jup, a tank will be destroyed with one airstrike, but.. yeah, its not hard to escape it.. but if the tank driver is busy with something other then.. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users