Quantcast

» «
Photo

Played in a Free Aim lobby for the first time...

91 replies to this topic
Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Level 110 and never considered giving free aim a chance until today.  I have nothing again free aim, it just never crossed my mind to see what free aim lobbies are like.

Anyway, I decided to join one of my friend's games who is actually a member here, as he has invited me to play before but I never accepted for various reasons.  I joined his session and it gave me the notification that he was in a different targeting mode.  I figured whatever, YOLO let's give this a try.

We did the mission The Los Santos connection and all went well as I have done deathmatches in only free aim.  Point to all this is that I have never been in a free roam lobby, in free aim as I prefer to do missions and survivals with auto aiming.  So I rarely played deathmatches as making the switch just felt not enough worth it to me.

ANYWAY, after we all joined back into the lobby, I decided to stick around a bit.  Hot damn, free aim lobbies are a lot better than auto-aim.  Being able to actually drive by players safely and safely combatting them in vehicles is great fun.  I was able to drive around in my Gang Burrito and take down players that felt the need to shoot at me for whatever reason.

Battles on foot are also equally fun as it doesn't boil down to who has more life/who shoots first.  I actually enjoyed myself as when players would take cover they didn't gain a huge advantage like in auto-aim which is why I only played free-aim deathmatches.  Anyway, players were also not as often killing each other.  Some were actually friendly, two guys cruising up to me in an Entity and just beeping their horn before we teamed up to wreak havoc with the authorities.

Free-aim lobbies just seem a lot more fair when it comes to PvP combat, and since it isn't extremely easy to kill other players I guess PvP isn't as common, but when you do get into conflict, you won't get spawn-killed or camped on by other players.  By camping I mean when a player takes cover, and waits for YOU to come to them, leading me to have to blast them away with a RPG round, for them to spawn behind me and unleashed an array of bullets with auto-aim, providing me no chance.

And just being able to drive and not feel like you're putting yourself as a disadvantage is great.  I have been enlightened, and I am considering making the switch.

I know, cool story, bro.

• Ethereal_NYC, johnwontscore, Clueless Muffin and 7 others like this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Welcome... the grass IS greener on this side of the fence... my PSN is same as my name here, give me a shout if you ever want to get into some sh*t with me. 

• Ethereal_NYC, Jack Reacher and Biohazard Abyss like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Welcome... the grass IS greener on this side of the fence... my PSN is same as my name here, give me a shout if you ever want to get into some sh*t with me. 

I think I'm about to hop the fence faster than a Mexican.

Lol I'm horrible.  Sadly, I'm on Xbox though.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

I might give it a go as well. I don't play a lot of shooting games as I am no good - mainly a racer. So never thought it a good idea to use free aim as I probably want hit anything. BUT it sounds like the lobby is more fun so will give it a go.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 08 December 2013 - 09:44 AM.

People who abuse the whole drive backwards with the entity at people while shooting at them get RPG'd a ton more than they do in auto aim lobbies because people don't have the false hope of shooting through the extremely small gap in the back.

Other than that...people tend to abuse the 50 cal sniper when they are a few feet away for dat 1 shot kill and auto shotty in free aim lobbies other than that it is better.

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

These trolls don't know about MTA.

Back in MTA, In a RP server, Ramming your car into someone elses was considered high-end griefing!

Bunch of amateurs, I tell ya'

• rumph13 likes this

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

Yeah,

free-aim lobbies are more fun, more mature but at the same time, almost nobody plays in them (missions etc).

But i guess it's only a matter of time until everyone switches over,

Let's see who stays :p

tarheel716
  • tarheel716

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

stopped reading at "YOLO"

• TOWILS, EyeMacHunt, sslickk1 and 2 others like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

free aim for skills

nmrgoodnightn
  • nmrgoodnightn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

I usually play free aim but free aim survival is difficult but still fun. Do prefer auto aim for that. But the lobbies are a lot more balanced I say.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

People who abuse the whole drive backwards with the entity at people while shooting at them get RPG'd a ton more than they do in auto aim lobbies because people don't have the false hope of shooting through the extremely small gap in the back.

Other than that...people tend to abuse the 50 cal sniper when they are a few feet away for dat 1 shot kill and auto shotty in free aim lobbies other than that it is better.

I've been seeing the Entity Shield bullsh*t a lot more in auto aim lobbies.

I pull out my RPG against any super, lol.  Yeah, that 50 cal abuse sounds annoying as hell and I can imagine how it's effective.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

You guys are just hindering yourselves.

The majority of this game (vast majority) will use auto-aim.. An auto-aimer will always beat you in a gun fight, unequivocally. So you are simultaneously limiting your player base of the game, while also making yourself worse at it. 

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

This MTA seems interesting... I love RP... do people still play it? Do I need San andreas on PC to play it?

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

The majority of this game (vast majority) will use auto-aim.. An auto-aimer will always beat you in a gun fight, unequivocally. So you are simultaneously limiting your player base of the game, while also making yourself worse at it. 

How do you make yourself worse at auto aim?

It's AUTO aim.

• B Dawg, TheIllaDopest and GambleGamble like this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Biohazard fell for sean's trap card....

• MChammer916 likes this

Alpha Riff
  • Alpha Riff

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Been thinking about making the switch myself.
  • TheIllaDopest likes this

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Excellent thread, like all the others.

OMFGSolaX
  • OMFGSolaX

Cheese! :D

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

This MTA seems interesting... I love RP... do people still play it? Do I need San andreas on PC to play it?

MTA and SA:MP aswell.

Both have a pretty nice userbase, considering the game is as old as it is. And yes, you would need GTA:SA, preferable in Version 1.00, but you could always downgrade.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

damn yo... And I was getting all psyched to get San andreas mobile... maybile ill just have to get it for my laptop. 

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

It's AUTO aim.

Are you serious right now?

Obviously there is a huge margin of skill involved in killing people in this game, .. regardless of the aiming system being automatic. 

For example.. go get in a gunfight with some guy who spends all his time in deathmatches.. He is going to wipe the floor with you, am I right? Of course I am. Its irrefutable. Because there is more to it than just lock and shoot.. Now - the more time you spend not using auto-aim, the less practice you will be getting with it - less practice with this acquisition method will undoubtedly make you worse with it.

I'm not hating. If you want that bit of elitism, hey go for it. I've played in a free aim lobby before and its not bad. In fact, its great to be able to drive a car around and not have some level 20 blast you from the down the street. But I've grown accustomed to auto-aim, so have all of my friends. Too late to switch now

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Too late to switch now

That's how they get ya!

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Please explain 'abuse'.

Taking me back to BF3 days here.
'Nerf da USAS12!!! NERF DA M16!!! Too many use it!!! Usas kills too good in close quarters and m16 sooo accurate! ?!?! Wtf'

People will always use the best weapons they have, whether it's the auto shotgun or the tear gas. Also using a heavy sniper under 50ft is a lot more skillful than an assault rifle. 1 shot, hit or you're dead. Assault rifle, 60+ shots.

Whilst the auto shotty is powerful, it's a mother f*cking shotgun. If they nerfed it people would just use the next best thing.

Nerfing things is not a solution. If you enjoy using the smg for example, but find yourself overpowered at long range by ars and short range by shotguns, you just need a better tactical approach to the situation. You know your weapon is easily overpowered by others and you have to overcome it or just use the better weapons yourself. At the end of the day there will always be a 'best' weapon. And people will use that one.
  • Miss Malevolent likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 08 December 2013 - 10:38 AM.

It's AUTO aim.

Are you serious right now?

Obviously there is a huge margin of skill involved in killing people in this game, .. regardless of the aiming system being automatic. 

For example.. go get in a gunfight with some guy who spends all his time in deathmatches.. He is going to wipe the floor with you, am I right? Of course I am. Its irrefutable. Because there is more to it than just lock and shoot.. Now - the more time you spend not using auto-aim, the less practice you will be getting with it - less practice with this acquisition method will undoubtedly make you worse with it.

I'm not hating. If you want that bit of elitism, hey go for it. I've played in a free aim lobby before and its not bad. In fact, its great to be able to drive a car around and not have some level 20 blast you from the down the street. But I've grown accustomed to auto-aim, so have all of my friends. Too late to switch now

e77.jpg

Dude, your logic is bullsh*t.... You are just making excuses for yourself to play in Auto aim servers because you like auto aim... dont try to say that the free aim games will make you worse at the actual game because you can go through the entire actual game (MP and SP) without ever playing autoaim again.... 

So what you should say is "Playing free aim makes you better at free aiming and playing auto aim makes you better at using tactics to allow the auto aim system to work more effectively" 

Whats this "You play in free aim and you are losing all your auto aim skillz" hell I think it takes MORE practice to get better at Free aim then it does to get better at Auto aim... 

• Nipper, TheIllaDopest and Biohazard Abyss like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Free Aim is where its at.

TheWhiteKnight
  • TheWhiteKnight

Griefer Exterminator

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Level 110 and never considered giving free aim a chance until today.  I have nothing again free aim, it just never crossed my mind to see what free aim lobbies are like.

Anyway, I decided to join one of my friend's games who is actually a member here, as he has invited me to play before but I never accepted for various reasons.  I joined his session and it gave me the notification that he was in a different targeting mode.  I figured whatever, YOLO let's give this a try.

We did the mission The Los Santos connection and all went well as I have done deathmatches in only free aim.  Point to all this is that I have never been in a free roam lobby, in free aim as I prefer to do missions and survivals with auto aiming.  So I rarely played deathmatches as making the switch just felt not enough worth it to me.

ANYWAY, after we all joined back into the lobby, I decided to stick around a bit.  Hot damn, free aim lobbies are a lot better than auto-aim.  Being able to actually drive by players safely and safely combatting them in vehicles is great fun.  I was able to drive around in my Gang Burrito and take down players that felt the need to shoot at me for whatever reason.

Battles on foot are also equally fun as it doesn't boil down to who has more life/who shoots first.  I actually enjoyed myself as when players would take cover they didn't gain a huge advantage like in auto-aim which is why I only played free-aim deathmatches.  Anyway, players were also not as often killing each other.  Some were actually friendly, two guys cruising up to me in an Entity and just beeping their horn before we teamed up to wreak havoc with the authorities.

Free-aim lobbies just seem a lot more fair when it comes to PvP combat, and since it isn't extremely easy to kill other players I guess PvP isn't as common, but when you do get into conflict, you won't get spawn-killed or camped on by other players.  By camping I mean when a player takes cover, and waits for YOU to come to them, leading me to have to blast them away with a RPG round, for them to spawn behind me and unleashed an array of bullets with auto-aim, providing me no chance.

And just being able to drive and not feel like you're putting yourself as a disadvantage is great.  I have been enlightened, and I am considering making the switch.

I know, cool story, bro.

You are a noob, free aim is the only aim, nuff said.
  • Nipper likes this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

LOL.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe that? On AutoAim the skill gap is basically "whoever is prepared to be the most boring", sitting on a fortress rooftop for 20 minutes doesn't mean you're Sun Tzu it just means you were willing to play a more boring game.

Hell I wouldn't even say there was a huge skill gap on FreeAim either but at least there's some skill gap.

• Juanfartez likes this

TheWhiteKnight
  • TheWhiteKnight

Griefer Exterminator

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by TheWhiteKnight, 08 December 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Why did you ask for my psn id if you are on xbox you gingerish ghoul looking creature? Lol somebody is fibbing

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sort of on-topic.. I saw this post on the support forums yesterday. Anybody confirm this ?

So when you are in free mode with auto-aim off and you accept an invitation from a friend that is in a game with auto-aim on and you get a server full error and go back into your server, you have now auto-aim on in that auto-aim off server! just sayin that. have fun!

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Sort of on-topic.. I saw this post on the support forums yesterday. Anybody confirm this ?

So when you are in free mode with auto-aim off and you accept an invitation from a friend that is in a game with auto-aim on and you get a server full error and go back into your server, you have now auto-aim on in that auto-aim off server! just sayin that. have fun!

No, stay in autoaim.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Why did you ask for my psn id if you are on xbox you gingerish ghoul looking creature? Lol somebody is fibbing

What the hell are you talking about?

Anyway, how can someone be better at AUTO aim than another?

That's like saying someone is better at using an aimbot in Call of Duty than someone else.  What, can you press LT faster than others?  Da fuq?

sh*t makes NO sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users