Quantcast

» «
Photo

Los Santos Transit

19 replies to this topic

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:21 AM Edited by 2281, 09 December 2013 - 07:16 AM.

As a public transportation geek, I thought I'd create a few bus routes throughout Los Santos to compliment the existing subway system. I started by completing the bus route from The Bus Assassination:

Z0EUuhA.png

(Yes, the map for this route is incomplete as it's missing a few details such as some street names and landmarks.) This route should take about 22 minutes to drive leaving the player with an 8 minute layover at the Dashound Station (assuming a 30-minute frequency).

This task is proving to be a little difficult due to the lack of bus stops in the game, after all, Los Santos has one of the worst public transportation systems in the world. ;) That being said, some of the stops will be in the form of lamp posts.

In addition to the individual route maps, I've been working on a system map for Los Santos Transit which I won't post in this thread because it's much bigger than I thought. I have tried to style both the system map and individual route maps as closely as possible to those by the real-world Metro (LACMTA) in Los Angeles.

I know this is kind of silly, considering that you can't even pick up people at the few bus stops around Los Santos, but since GTA IV this has my way of getting to know the city. Some days I just like to come home and cruise around Liberty City or Los Santos and take in all the detail.

Anyway, besides showing off my limited Inkscape skills, or the fact that I couldn't find the Fanmade Map thread to post this, I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing something similar. :)

• baskerwil, lizardman563, mikeinthahouse and 4 others like this

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

Thank you, i hate when threads like these flop but when their is some thread with a guy complaining about being killed over and over it gets 5 pages. smh

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I like that map, good job.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

As I am interested in how public transport can enhance the livaility of a city this sounds very interesting. :colgate:

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

As I am interested in how public transport can enhance the livaility of a city this sounds very interesting. :colgate:

what he said tbh

Andrewine
  • Andrewine

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

What bugs me is the unfinished train line which was meant to reach vinewood area. Rockstar should have made it where it gets more complete towards the end of the story. Anyways, the LST train is VERY slow. It's tunnels looks unfinished. Really bugs me.

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Keep up the good work 2281

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

What bugs me is the unfinished train line which was meant to reach vinewood area. Rockstar should have made it where it gets more complete towards the end of the story. Anyways, the LST train is VERY slow. It's tunnels looks unfinished. Really bugs me.

What bugs me (sorry) is why they could not have two seperate metro/light lines in the game and why did they hybridise it? I feel that the railway system would have looked far better with one wholly underground railway with surface depots/stabling yards wihch would make the system more complete. Furthermore the inclusion of a seperate light rail system intersecting strategically at larger stations would have looked far better in my eyes. Appropriate rolling stock for each type of railway should've been incorporated. An annoyance of mine is the lack of switches placed in certain points.

Cheers. :colgate:

ashleyman
  • ashleyman

OBE

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Can we use the subway? I went down into the subway by the airport and no train ever arrived.

Does it only work in SP or MP or not at all?

Nice bus map! Can we board buses in MP?

Joonas08Joonas
  • Joonas08Joonas

PlayStation 3 player, also citizen of Ludendorff

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Can we use the subway? I went down into the subway by the airport and no train ever arrived.

Does it only work in SP or MP or not at all?

Nice bus map! Can we board buses in MP?

Yes, you can use the subway. It works in SP AND MP, however the train is very slow. In SP, once you get in, it triggers a certain camera and that's boring. In MP, once you get on at a stop, (At least from my 2 experiences) the doors stay open enabling you to fire out from it.

You cannot board buses at all in GTA, but it is possible in MP if another player is driving.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

i think their extending a line in the Hollywood area but it won't be done til the 2030's cause of the NIMBY pieces of sh*t in the area :/

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

off topic but i was elevators the offer day in the tram station at the airport do they work ?

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

i think their extending a line in the Hollywood area but it won't be done til the 2030's cause of the NIMBY pieces of sh*t in the area :/

NIMBY... I HATE that sh*t. There's a compete cell phone dead zone around my town all because the yuppies with their 750k+ houses in the woods don't want any tower remotely visible. So annoying.
  • grumpy cat meme likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

NIMBY... I HATE that sh*t. There's a compete cell phone dead zone around my town all because the yuppies with their 750k+ houses in the woods don't want any tower remotely visible. So annoying.

Eventually a NIMBY turns into a BANANA, (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything).

• grumpy cat meme and DaRkL3AD3R like this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by 2281, 14 December 2013 - 02:43 AM.

It looks like someone somewhere beat me to it! ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Wkoxlib.jpg

Impressive nonetheless. 

• PhillBellic and Tacymist like this

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Impressive nonetheless.

What's the source on that, 2281? And are you actually following buses around the city to work out the route(s)?

I tried doing it but I'm not sure whether the buses go around randomly or not.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Awesome job, thanks, I like to drive around and take in all the detail as well. Now this will allow me to roleplay as a bus driver, one that will have to settle for picking up imaginary passengers, but a bus driver nonetheless!

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Impressive nonetheless.

What's the source on that, 2281? And are you actually following buses around the city to work out the route(s)?

source: http://www.reddit.co..._no_life_enjoy/

• spaz926, PhillBellic and Romans Cousin Niko like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

That's a very good map you have created, thanks for sharing!  :^:

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

It looks like someone somewhere beat me to it! ;)http://i.imgur.com/Wkoxlib.jpg

Impressive nonetheless.

source: http://www.reddit.co..._no_life_enjoy/

Cheers. :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users