Quantcast

» «
Photo

The GTA storyline has been beat to death, time for something new.

67 replies to this topic
OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

This whole gangster/mafia/bank robber/criminal storyline has been beat to death. R* should listen to the fans and 1: either create police DLC for GTA 5 or 2: make the next game about law enforcement. LCPD:FR set the standard. The PC mods available for GTA IV have extended the life of that game far beyond what anyone imagined. R* should learn from them.
  • PkUnzipper likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, let's make a game called Grand Theft Auto about giving people tickets for going 2 miles per hour over the limit! BADASS!

• vahnx, Finn 7 five 11, GroundZero and 11 others like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

I thought GTA was about being a criminal.
  • sqre, HoleInTheSky, L0st-D4md and 7 others like this

Gingersnaps
  • Gingersnaps

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Could maybe do a good cop gone bad type thing.. but yeah. GTA isn't about being the good guy lol.

• theGTAking101 likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Never said to call the game Grand Theft Auto. My point was that R* is beating a dead horse. This whole GTA thing is old. But the game itself has great potential for a law enforcement game. Case in point the LCPDFR mod.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

The only way it would work is if the protagonist has some sort of corruption angle. Playing as an honest cop would feel strange, but an undercover cop would make it feel too much like True Crime.

• sqre likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

Werent you a cop in LA Noire?

• zielarz119 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

I thought V had the most original story in a GTA title in a long time. Focus on high level crime, dealing heavily with terrorism and government agencies, little-to-no focus on organized crime, main character(s) not motivated by revenge

Spoiler
and the game generally dealt with themes not seen before in a GTA game - family relationships and the search for meaningful life and happiness.

The only way it would work is if the protagonist has some sort of corruption angle. Playing as an honest cop would feel strange, but an undercover cop would make it feel too much like True Crime.

I'd love that. I wouldn't mind playing as a corrupt cop, I don't need to symphatize with protagonist's goals to find his story interesting. A protagonist like Wade Heston from Chinatown Wars would be amazing.

• Tilemaxx, WorldWideFM, ActionBronson and 1 other like this

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Werent you a cop in LA Noire?

Yeah, but he was a bit of a goody two-shoes. Only bent the rules every now and then. I think OP was talking about having Rockstar make a GTA game or GTA style game with a real piece of sh*t, corrupt, murdering and extortionist cop as the protagonist.

My thoughts are:

I personally think that would be awesome. Covering up your tracks could play a big part of the game, like if you murder someone, you have to kill any witnesses who saw you do it. Or if you want to extort a drug dealer, you have to strike the fear of god into him or he will rat you out to his friends or even the police themselves. You would be a cop officially, but unofficially, you would be a total scumbag. GTA protags have always been morally questionable at best, but I'm talking a real filthy, horrible c*nt of a person for the cop game. But seeing as you're a cop, you would also have to carry out police duties, both in missions and in free-roam. It would tie into your off-duty activities. A drug dealer that you murdered, you will investigate it. But not to "find the killer", but to silence anybody who knows anything about it or frame somebody else. You could also respond to random crimes too.

For free roam game play, it would be more or less the same as GTA. Go on a killing spree or commit crimes and you will be chased down by police. If it is something not so severe like car theft or even beating somebody, you could show the police your badge and talk your way out of it. But murder, it'd be hard to get out of that. I'm not sure how Rockstar would handle the punishment for that without your character being discharged from the department though. I suppose they could handle it like normal GTA with being arrested. Your activities in free-roam don't necessarly tie into the story unless they are side missions I guess. True Crime New York had a system where if you committed bad crimes and you got killed or arrested by the cops, you would be demoted to beat cop for a while.

I think done right, it would be the best open world game made.

By the way, if this is "too long, didn't read" for you, please hang yourself. It literally takes 3 - 5 minutes to read, you lazy c*nt.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

This whole gangster/mafia/bank robber/criminal storyline has been beat to death. R* should listen to the fans and 1: either create police DLC for GTA 5 or 2: make the next game about law enforcement. LCPD:FR set the standard. The PC mods available for GTA IV have extended the life of that game far beyond what anyone imagined. R* should learn from them.

You are playing the wrong game and you are in the wrong forum. The title of Grand Theft Auto obviously cannot be compatible with a game where you play as a cop. We play to GTA to play as criminals, not f**king cops. It was bad enough in GTA V doing missions for cops for half the game. And you wanna cop game?

Get the f**k outta here.
  • sqre likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

I have this same topic started months back.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

That's the worst idea I have ever heard in my entire life.

• dreadluxx likes this

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Maybe a game set in the 80s with two protagonists, one is a cop and the other one is a criminal?

???

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by Murad96, 08 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.

I want a GTA where you're an undercover cop, with good and bad decisions that the player can choose to make, uncertain of their own morality.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

One thing is set in stone: You cannot play as Cop.
And even I agree on this.
A new chase or excitement should form the role of next GTA rather same old dollar-denominated storyline. Something more than money, risk-taking action drama.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, right. Eat donuts and fart everyday. Game of the year: Grand Theft Auto Donuts. Yay...

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

It is worth completely changing the game. Rockstar made a huge loss on GTA5.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

It is worth completely changing the game. Rockstar made a huge loss on GTA5.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

dude are you crazy ??? and speak for yourself and not "fans" because you must be the only one

who has this stupid idea about turning GTA to some cop game

we already had to much goverment stuff in V

Mr Putin
  • Mr Putin

President of Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Playing as a dirty cop or a fired cop gone bad would be an interesting experience and it would still be criminal as hell. The second protag could be from the mafia mob and you still can work together. Multiple protags system can offer a lot of freedom for rockstar.

But generally i doubut there will be more GTAs as we knew it. I think they will go 100% online for next gen GTA.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yes. Sadly

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

I can't see GTA going the cop route, I'm not a big doughnut fan,they should start heading back to what the game was all about in the first place.

James K
  • James K

Motorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Do you know something called sleeping dogs exist???

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Do you know something called sleeping dogs exist???

Unfortunately  yes.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Matthew4296 had a f*cking awesome idea. If you disagree with that, you have no imagination. How fun would it be to go on a mission with some crooked cops, and like kill a drug task force team or some detectives so they don't make a connection to your ties with the mafia or something, then in a cut scene later on it shows you in dress uniform at the police funeral handing the folded American flag to the families. How sick would that be? Play as some crooked corrupt scumbag cop going down a dark path. And then go into free roam either in uniform and bust criminals and get in high speed pursuits, or in regular civilian clothes and be just goe on a killing spree and fight the cops. Play both sides of the coin. Tell me this wouldn't be f*cking amazing?
  • PkUnzipper likes this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yes, put more focus on things like showers and insurance information. 

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

If you disagree with that, you have no imagination. How fun would it be to go on a mission with some crooked cops, and like kill a drug task force team or some detectives so they don't make a connection to your ties with the mafia or something, then in a cut scene later on it shows you in dress uniform at the police funeral handing the folded American flag to the families. How sick would that be? Play as some crooked corrupt scumbag cop going down a dark path. And then go into free roam either in uniform and bust criminals and get in high speed pursuits, or in regular civilian clothes and be just goe on a killing spree and fight the cops. Play both sides of the coin. Tell me this wouldn't be f*cking amazing?

You need to rest your imagination. Or review it and come back with a better draft when ready. There are some loose ends in it.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Don't we already have Max Payne?

• Osho likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Matthew4296 had a f*cking awesome idea. If you disagree with that, you have no imagination. How fun would it be to go on a mission with some crooked cops, and like kill a drug task force team or some detectives so they don't make a connection to your ties with the mafia or something, then in a cut scene later on it shows you in dress uniform at the police funeral handing the folded American flag to the families. How sick would that be? Play as some crooked corrupt scumbag cop going down a dark path. And then go into free roam either in uniform and bust criminals and get in high speed pursuits, or in regular civilian clothes and be just goe on a killing spree and fight the cops. Play both sides of the coin. Tell me this wouldn't be f*cking amazing?

NO

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Nah. The closest thing I'd want to that is a return of Vigilante missions. Playing as a cop would be a step backwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users