Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you finished the story?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you finished the story? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you completed the main story for GTAV?

1. Yes, I have completed the main story. (46 votes [85.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.19%

2. No, and I am not going to finish it. (1 votes [1.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

3. No, but I will finish it eventually. (7 votes [12.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

I purchased GTAV on release, the collectors edition I waited several years for the game, sadly the cap is nowhere close to fitting my head which is the main reason I bought it, that aside, I have not yet finished the story.

I actually haven't touched the game for over a month now and I can't seem to find the motivation to keep going with the missions, I have only played 10-12 of them and generally with any game I at least play past halfway, perhaps I am simply getting old, I am curious to see if anybody else has played a few missions and dropped the game, and am also wondering whether you feel personally whether I should continue the game or not, I am not stating that the game is bad, because it's not necessarily a bad game, although the poor shooting mechanics on free aim upset me a little.

Discuss in the comments, hopefully the poll worked, I am still unsure of how to post them with the new layout.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

I finished it. Incredibly stupid. Not worth your time IMHO. This game is so over hyped its pathetic. GTA 4 was and is way better. 5 just has fancy graphics and guns.
  • kvic likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

I finished it. Incredibly stupid. Not worth your time IMHO. This game is so over hyped its pathetic. GTA 4 was and is way better. 5 just has fancy graphics and guns.

LOOOL.  

enough internet for today

• IveGotNoValues likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yes, I have completed the game as well over 7 times.
What are you waiting for?
Play the rest of the game. It's the best game stop listening others and follow yourself.

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

Finished it a while ago. It's alright, nothing special. 

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

LOOOL.  

Inb4SonofLiberty  :ph34r: 

OT: Finished the main story a week ago. 

Caninepack10
  • Caninepack10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Online is where its at

• jameznash likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

LOOOL.  

I've whacked him and buried his corpse in the middle of the desert.

Anyway I've finished GTA V three times and doing another atm.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

LOOOL.  

I've whacked him and buried his corpse in the middle of the desert.

Now that's a reference from GTA SA. :D

OT: Yeah, I have watched the whole main story in Youtube. Now, all I got to do is wait for the PC release.

wolf3188
  • wolf3188

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

I've finished it. I liked the story and the direction it took, but I honestly feel there wasn't enough of it. It has 69 story missions, split between the character development of three people. To add to that, when the game begins, unlike GTA IV you already have it all. Mansions, cars, money, ect. IV had close to 100 story missions centered around just Niko working up from nothing and I honestly liked that and his story a lot more than I did V's.

On the other hand, the improvements to the gameplay are certainly welcome and I am still having a blast with GTA Online.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

+ Some examples:
- Deux Ex The Conspiracy
- Stalker Call of Pripyat (Combo of suspense and zombie plus open world)
- Mafia City of Lost Heaven (Friendship, Loyalty and Gangsters)
- GTA VC sequel expanded
- The Warriors further expanded

Picture these in a GTA setting and you have a great plot to enjoy the missions and mystery plus tons of new side fun.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Meh, story was okay I guess- the missions were exciting and hard though most of them.

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

I have not finished the story yet. Im at 51/69 missions played, but I've been playing GTAO since release as well and am rank 110. With all GTA games, ever since GTA3, on my first single player run, I take my sweet time, soaking in the atmosphere, finding things on my own, completing every side mission I find. I never rush great single player games, it took me over 6 months to beat GTA4, a year to beat Skyrim, but I also work 40 hours a week and have night school, that saps alot of my time.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Finished the game for the second time yesterday.  Story missions are great, though there a few misteps (but that's par of the course for GTA stories); in general, I'd say it was the best story since Vice City.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Yes, and I loved it. GTA V doesn't deserve the hate it gets. The game could have been a million times better with another delay and been that once in a lifetime game that crushes any competitor in terms of fun, story, replay value, online and everything. The online could have been revolutionary and things like the heists and content creator would be perfected and in the game. Rockstar made a mistake by not giving it a summer 2014 release date, and no amount of DLC will ever fix that.
That's not to say, however, that the game isn't great and fun. It's my favorite game ever at the moment. I'm just beginning to realize it could have been so much more. The story was just one thing that wasn't what it could have been.

DrunkenGerbils
  • DrunkenGerbils

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

I bought the game on release and finished it before GTA Online launched. In my opinion this game is a true masterpiece that exceeded my expectations beyond my wildest dreams. The graphics are simply amazing, it honestly feels like next gen to me and I'm still shocked they were able to get GTA V to run on the 360. 

The writing and game play are also top notch. As a long time fan of the GTA series they did a great job incorporating the feel of past tittles into this one and I often felt myself feeling nostalgic while playing. Franklin's story line had a San Andreas feel to it, while Michael's story line felt very much like Vice City. And then there's Trevor, his story line was a great way to have some wacky missions with a classic GTA sense of humor while allowing the other two characters to have a little more "realistic" gritty feel to them. 

GTA 5 is in my opinion the best video game ever made. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users